'Touch' leaves us wanting more
March 23rd, 2012

'Touch' leaves us wanting more

Back in January, when Fox aired the pilot for "Touch," I was quite impressed with the show's ambition. It's truly unlike anything else on TV.

Thursday night's episode seemed to serve as a second pilot. (The actual pilot has been widely available online and elsewhere since January, since Fox really wants this show to take off).

And once again, we see that Martin's son Jake - who narrates the show but never speaks - obsesses over numbers, this time the number 5296.

One slight change this time is that Martin immediately understands there is some significance to Jake's behavior (which, once again Danny Glover's Arthur explains to him). This time it leads Martin to a pawn shop, which is instantly robbed.

Because of Jake's number, people are once again brought together, or able to make some realization, like a boy in Russia learning that his father is with the mob, a man in India getting the chance to spread his father's ashes, and a flight attendant meeting her father. (There is a theme here.)

It's not quite as impressive as it was the first time, and it more or less re-establishes what we already know.

I'm hoping we'll get more out of "Touch" in future episodes, especially some explanation for Jake's abilities. If every episode is just some variation on the same formula, it will be quite disappointing.

What did you think of "Touch's" second outing? Share your view on video or comment below.

1. Learn Yoga at Home

Hi there very nice web site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also?I'm glad to search out so many helpful information here in the submit, we want develop extra techniques on this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

April 19, 2012 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  2. SusanInNYC

I love this show – it's interesting, different, and well acted, not over-acted...plus it's a bonus that we don't have to suffer through "reality" stuff like real housewives, bachelor, snookie, etc. I'm sick of reality shows – I'd rather believe in something like Touch – it has a good message/ending. Hollywood gave up on happy endings years ago – I stopped going to the movies then...

March 25, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Gray Wall

It heap bad movie. Us Cherokee Indians no like this white man movie.

March 23, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  4. DannyV

The show was great and I do agree with the author of this article. We need to see more details of the boy's ability even if is all BS. Dave what you mean by the show lacks believability? IS a TV SHOW and not reality TV!!! I never heard anyone saying Star Trek, Star Wars, Indiana Jones lack "believability"
    Good show but futher details needed on the boy's ability!!!! Even if they keep giving us a piece by piece at the time.

March 23, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave

What do you think about the ultra cheap special effects. That wormhole is totally unbelievable. Plus it only let's you travel in 1 direction. Every teleportation type device created in the last hundred years allows for 2 way travel. I mean, come on. This is the 21st century. Surely they can do better than just 1 way teleportation.

March 23, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Pinto

I agree with you Dave. This is the dumbest show on tv. Mega dumb.

March 23, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Dave

I think the show lacks believability. An animated baby and cigar smoking dog that can talk is just to lame. That Stewie character is almost at dumb as Kim Kardashian. Just lore liberal garbola.

March 23, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. CW

I loved the show – ....it was awesome. Can't wait to see more.

March 23, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |