What's next for 'Walking Dead'?
March 22nd, 2012

What's next for 'Walking Dead'?

Sunday's season finale of "The Walking Dead" – though it was an excitement-filled hour – certainly left viewers with a lot more questions as to what the next season will look like.

Executive producer Glen Mazzara spoke with reporters on Tuesday to shed a little light on what to expect. For starters, just how much will we see of the prison that was shown in the final shot of the season?

"I do think that prison is a significant storyline," Mazzara said, adding that the prison will not just be a major setting for the third season (premiering in October), but the fourth as well.

"But we're interested also in opening up the world. You know, the Governor [to be played by David Morrissey] has a world of [Woodbury, Georgia]. There are other factors out there in the world, other groups. So I think that Rick's group is really stumbling into a much larger world."

There's also that mysterious helicopter seen at the start of the finale. Mazzara actually tweeted about that one, saying it will show up again next season.

With new characters like Michonne and the Governor grabbing the spotlight in the fall, what about two of the most memorable characters who haven't been seen since the first episode? "We still have Morgan and Duane out there. We're interested in them."

The pacing of the second half of the season was quicker (after some criticism from fans), but Mazzara said that was just a coincidence.

"I'll admit I, and all of us, were surprised that some of those episodes were criticized for being slower, that the pace was so slow, because I’m happy with those episodes and I didn't see the pace as so slow," he said. "I just thought that that was the revealing itself to us, that if any story has its own weight and its own merit, that's the way that story was being told. People gave it a few episodes before that criticism really landed for us. But we had shot everything. So it was always our intention in the first half to land on the big revelation of [Sophia] coming out of the barn and I think that was a very successful episode."

Mazzara has no intention of slowing things down too much next season.

"We're going to have a breakneck pace. We're going to have deep character moments and people are going to have to catch up with the show," he said. "We are interested in having things happen off screen and then people say, well, wait, how did this happen, how did that happen? We think our audience is very intelligent. We think our fans are dedicated and we really, really want to make it a satisfying experience. So I think people, again, by keeping the story telling simple, by not having a very complicated mythology, allows us to give people an access point for season three."

One thing that can be expected is, of course, the unexpected.

"Week by week we want to keep throwing curve balls at the audience, so you never know what kind of episode you're going to get. We are constantly playing with people's expectations because that's what horror movies do."

1. Daniel

I love this show! I was finally turned on to it on Netflix. I can't wait for Netflix to add more episodes. Does anyone know how a person can watch the series without cable?

By the way, I love all of the characters!

October 15, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  2. kristineB

I love it I was thinking that they should show how the walker , are eating but not processing unless they are HMMMMM!

October 12, 2012 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  3. garym

I stopped watching it after the first couple of episodes of season 2. To watch 45 minutes of boring monologues through a 20-30 minute commercials barrage is just too much for me. There is simply no tv series show out there that is not imploted with commercials and boring plots that are going nowhere. Everything has to have a sequel until the ratings start taking a dip.

March 27, 2012 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Clete

I refuse, as a matter of principal, to watch a telelvision show about the Republican canidates for President.

March 27, 2012 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Rick's hat

I hope the hell they take me off this bratty kid's head..uggg....WASH ME FOR PETE'S SAKE!

March 26, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mr

Hey...I wonder where all the lesbian walkers are at? Mr Slave and I love the show but feel they need more lesbian walkers...not the the ones that will rip you to shreads...just nibble on us for a bit....I would love to take one to that new club called Les Bo's....and please do not send Ellen or Rosie...ughhh....

March 26, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dragonetta

I can't wait until the series starts up again, but I am really going to miss Shane. I hate that he died, especially in the way that he did. I hate that the writers made him evil. I really liked Shane. It's going to be so boring without Shane, I just know it.

March 26, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Babsacake

BEST show in TV. The finale was so compellling, I have watched it three times. I'm wondering if the writers might do flashbacks. There was little said in the very first episode of Rick and Lori having problems–might be interesting to go back, not just for them, but for all the characters, before the apocolypse and see what their lives were like then.

March 26, 2012 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  9. Donna

To the trolls adding their racist comments - you sound plain silly, and obviously have a lot of time on your hands. Try finding something more constructive to do. It'll make you feel better about yourself. Really.

March 24, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  10. jdurand1970

Thoroughly enjoying the series (that and Spartacus are my only two "must see" shows this time of year, but season 2 of Game of Thrones is right around the corner). I also enjoy watching Talking Dead afterward.

Very much dislike the character of Lori. Seems that so many of the group's problems stem from her actions.

I'm glad Shane's gone and Rick went bad-ass for the last few episodes. I miss Dale even though his annoyed the hell out of me with his moral logic and reasoning (lol).

I'd like to see more focus next season on some of the lesser characters. Maybe some background and how they came to be survivors, who they lost, etc. Specifically thinking of Glen and T-Dog (seriously, can we give the guy a real name?).

Looking forward to new characters, but I agree with some others in the hope that Michonne is not done in an over-the-top way (which is typical of comic books and graphic novels). It may be based off a graphic novel, but the AMC show doesn't have a comic book feel to is and I like that.

March 23, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Name*neoster

Like to say the walking dead love it but looks like the third season going take a curve but hope not but the girl in cape an the prison I don't know can you said rasident evil.

March 23, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Name*neoster

Y they so many stupid people on here racist Kkk

March 23, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Name*neoster

What

March 23, 2012 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Garrado

People please read the material that the show is based on. It's a sad day in humanity when some of you posers here write you will stop watching a show based on a graphic novel already written because of the introduction of characters that are heros and black. Maybe some of you should go to the source of a storyline before you make yourselves look silly. There is no political correctness when it is already written the way it has been presented.

March 23, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  15. AmandaJCollins

Wow lots of racist comments on here, is that an American thing? I'm Canadian, eh, we don't roll that way. Anyway, back to zombies. Love the show and have a super spectacular crush on DARYL, didn't see that coming! But dang if that hillbilly doesn't have all the tortured-hero angst and is a total BADASS. Girls dig that, someone who'd put an arrow thru the head of anyone who looked at her funny LOL Go Daryl !!

March 23, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Leucadia Bob

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIu5aPIIzzM&w=640&h=390]

March 23, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  17. C

If they're doing the prison for season 3 and parts of season 4 I don't expect Morgan and Duane to show up since they didn't come back until after the prison but who knows they've already thrown us comic readers a few curve balls.

I personally cannot wait for seaon 3 because the prison, The Governor/Woodbury and Michonne are 3 of the best things about the comics.

March 23, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  18. dc man

well wut i think of the show is just awsome except the boreing parts like the one when they stayed up in the barn all day there was no action

March 23, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  19. Cody

Well the producers are doing a good job. The Show has turned into something we love. We wanted a show about Zombies, and they gave us what we wanted. This is what we needed and what we wanted, people are complaining that the show is going too "slow" but they just want more zombie action, everyone does. What I want to know is who is that hooded man? He may be the rednecks brother, or i at least think so. Just cannot wait till the Third season starts, I'm gonna be waiting for the show and as i hear there will be a Walking Dead video game coming out soon. I think the slower the shows goes the more we know about the story, and if the viewers do not like the show, tell them to read the Comic book, let them know what will happen cause i don't think that the producers are going to do every little thing to make the comic book come to life. The Walking Dead has to be the best show that is on Television today, everyone loves it and everyone is excited for it to come back on, Good job to the producers and keep it up! Season Three starts in October.

March 23, 2012 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
    • C

I won't ruin anything for you but if they do it right the hooded character is going to be a fan favorite, that character is already one of the comics most popular characters. I'm super excited about that reveal and what it means for season 3.

March 23, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  20. Kelly

So they're going to jump ahead and have us guessing as to what happened? That sounds like weak story telling to me, and a very chancy thing to do. I loved the last half of this season!

March 23, 2012 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  21. Trish

Still T H E Best Show On TV – including. PPV and the so called premium channels. It is 100 percent awesome.

March 22, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Jake

Ik right

March 22, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Sydd

I just wonder one thing...I think Lori lost it when Rick told her that Carl was the one who killed roamer-shane.At least that's what i saw on TV.Kinda seemed odd..

March 22, 2012 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trish

Me too. I really think she is way more sweet on Shane than she lets on. In the first season it was revealed Lori was fixing to leave Rick. They were having troubles. She had fallen out of love with him – was no longer attracted to him , etc. I think she liked Shane, and other guys, a lot more than she lets on. She is just a walking vadj with an itch wanting to be scratched,

March 22, 2012 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trish

I wonder if Shane was Carl's real dad? Just sayin'. I don't care if people say its a soap opera with zombies. Best show on of off TV – period.

March 22, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nichole

I know! I decided in that moment that I was gonna stop caring what happens to her.

March 23, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • keldorama

I don't think Laurie's reaction to Carl killing Shane had anything to do with her feelings for Shane. She has tried to protect Carl from life since Day 1. I think she knows now that he is changed forever. Not only has he actually killed someone, but she now knows he is capable of it. And I think she blames Rick for allowing him to get to that place.

March 23, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jake

Plz talk to me im only 15 but wud be honored to be a character next seson or eben do a cover.for.u all just reply and let me no I also have a good idea about some seanes for next season

March 22, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Jake

Love the show I wud love to be a carater next aeason plz reply back thanks

March 22, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  26. M

Having a bunch of stuff happen off screen is an excuse for bad writing and low budgets and nothing else.

March 22, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelly

Amen! I thought the exact same thing!

March 23, 2012 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Nichole

Remember though...it's AMC...not HBO. They don't have that huge of a budget. They do the best they can with what they have. So I think they do pretty well.

March 23, 2012 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  27. Ronin

Lame

March 22, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Canadian Fan

Norman Reedus, love him. They better not kill him off.....The Boondock Saints ....great flick. He was in Blade II as well.

March 22, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  29. CeruleanBlue

Hooked on the show since the first episode, and looking forward to the 3rd season.

Some things that have occurred to me over the two seasons:

1. No one mentions the word "Zombie" ever. What gives there? It's as if the word doesn't exist.

2. How can the zombies rip flesh open so fast without canine-like teeth? I'm sorry, but our teeth are just not capable of this.

3. No character conversions over when/how/where ... anything ... the epidemic started. The CDC episode was of little help. Throw us bones, will ya.

4. Where does electricity come from? Who's minding the power plants?

March 22, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  30. paulyballgame

Don't people realize that the racial stuff is posted in an effort to get an appalled reaction from somebody else? To all the people taking the racial bait, try ignoring it instead of encouraging it by commenting. They already know that their posts are ignorant, immature and offensive, that is why they're posting it.

On another note, The Walking Dead is the most entertaining show on tv, despite it's flaws.

March 22, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  31. RICK DA RULA

I wonder if they will include the big black convict and his little phag lover in season three? I think Ving Rhames and Spike Lee would be excellent choices to play those characters. It would be awesome to watch Spike throw a hissy(or shall i say sissy?) fit when Ving falls for the Michone character.

March 22, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  32. anna

Whats next for the Walking Dead? Please take it off the air!

March 22, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rachel

Why?

March 22, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Canadian Fan

Get real! Our choices for entertainment lately are Reality shows, dancing gay shows and singing...woopty frikkin' do. (apparently there are no intellegent writers in America anymore) AMC...story matters here LOL

March 22, 2012 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pat

Really we need to make more airtime for another Kardashian show

March 25, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  33. RICK DA RULA

And when Michone gets chained to a wall and raped from behind,that was pretty cool too! I hope they include that in season three.

March 22, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  34. RICK DA RULA

The Michone character is an integral part of the story in the books. As are a few other black characters one they reach the prison. The show is following the graphic novels,which i think is great. It is about time more black characters were introduced into the story as there are several in the books. I cannot wait to see the baby get blown out of Rick's wife. That was my favorite part of the books. Watching that cheating KHUNT get her just desserts!

March 22, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Jamaris

Isn't the point of watching a show to see what happens and not guess as to what happens?

March 22, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  36. BOmbay

Its a sad thing that race comes in to the picture.grow up people its a tv show a good one but its just entertainment

March 22, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  37. WPD25

Let me just say the finale was so good. I just started watching the show when the 1st season came on Netflix. And now I'v got everyone in my family watching. Can anyone tell me when I may see the 2nd season on Netflix. we are talking and watching a TV show about Zombies how are we talking about racial. Anyway!! The only thing I need to know is why did Lori act like that when Rick told her about killing shane. She wanted that to happened about 4 episodes ago.

March 22, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Garrado

Netflix only has season one so far. If you have xfinity or some other cable netflix mirror then you will be able to watch the current seasons. Netflix is in a bad spot right now with the distributors and studios so they are not getting newer products at the moment.

March 23, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  38. babysing

the finale was so intense that all night i dreamed of vombies, kept waking up and then dreaming of more. i guess it would be real easy to hypnotize me.....wonder what i'll dream after watching 'mad men' next week? hehehehe

March 22, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Laughing

Funny how brave ppl are on the internet, blasting your racists comments I guess in attempt to stir up some bull. I doubt if any of you would ever go public with your "opinions", ever heard of liquid courage?!?! Well, this has to be internet courage. Now, back to the subject which is actually WALKING DEAD, the show is excellent the writers are awesome and it is one of the best series on cable can't wait for the new characters black, white, mexican, asian whatever.

March 22, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jammal

You is just jelous because you arent a famous kneegrow like I is. All you witeys be jelous of the Jammal. I gots soul power. My Afro pick be shining. Afro power !

March 22, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nichole

Agree Agree Agree!!

March 23, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  40. Truthwillsetyoufree

Not to up on the vampire hunter type girl you introduced. Taking it to a cheesy realm it seems. Don't mess up a good series with goofy crap!.

March 22, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Tyree

I hope season 3 won't be all about black people. With the group being in a prison and all, I'm sure it's going to be a Soul Train black panther festival. A stink fest.

March 22, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  42. SARAH

I hope the pace does pick up.............like can they start the 3d season in like June

March 22, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Name*dwain

Wow. How does race get thrown out there so easy. Its really sad

March 22, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jamal

I agree 100 percent. This is a blog about zombies. Not racing. Stock car racing is just stupid and is for lame rednecks. Ones that probably chew tobacky and might be from alabamer.

March 22, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Adara

The cars they're driving is just stupid. I would get me one of those Monster trucks and go all nuts running over walkers. Find a herd and run them over with my big wheels..lol. They need to stop acting stupid and think. I'm sure there are plently of places where they can get machine guns and stuff like that.

March 22, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Zombie420

A lot of the comments on here are sad stupid and racist! Just shows stupidity is taking over the world. Anyways great comic and good show. Can't wait till next season.

March 22, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Bruce

The Walking Dead is, in my humble opinion, the best show on TV. To all the complainers out there who whined about the 'slow pace' at the beginning of the season, let's not forget this is a show about the SURVIVORS of a zombie apocalypse, not a show about ZOMBIES. If there were hundreds of zombies in every episode, the entire cast would have been killed off and the show would be over. They took a genre that had been done to death in countless crap movies, and made it fresh and exciting. I can't wait for season three. Wish it was on year round.

March 22, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  47. ChrisFarleysCokeHabit

I would like to see a cross-over episode, where a group of Walkers enters Paddys Irish Pub.

March 22, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  48. DC

Also can they just find some silencers/suppressors for their pistols already and stop with the unrealistic deaths. They're called walkers because they don't have the muscle strength to run as their muscles are rotting, so how does one have super zombie strength to rip Dale's stomach open like a bag of potato chips.

March 22, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  49. DC

The show has so much unrealized potential. I almost quit on it early in the 2nd season. All the characters have been pretty lame up to this point. I know I wouldn't want to be part of this group if the zombie apocalypse happened, would you?

March 22, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Jason

Im not watching anymore either. I agree with the post above. If I want to see a black hero I'll turn on the BET network.

March 22, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doug

Im also going to tune out. Looks like its turning into another liberal stooge fest. One where the good guys are colored and the bad and dumb people are white.

March 22, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Adara

Lol. I'm just waiting for Daryl's brother to come back bc he is one crazy guy and Tbone better run. Wasn't Tbone the one that threw the key to the handcuffs and it fell into the drain or where ever? lol

March 22, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Jesse Ream

LOVE The Walking Dead. The show never ceases to amaze me. It's nice to enjoy something amid all this reality tv garbage thrown in our face day after day.

March 22, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Brandon

This show i really really good, my question is about rick, in the last seen of the finale it seemed like he was turning slowly like shane with the hard zombie like breathing.

By the way it is really ignorant and it shows your true colors talking how black people belong in prisons. get educated and lest be real its 2012

March 22, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Jennifer

The prison and the helicopter are connected. The people in the prison probably are looking for survivors. Rick is finally being a leader and it is about time! Michonne is a breathe of life for the series. Also it is just as many whites in prison as blacks "Chance". You are a idiot! Do you fool around with little children? Some of the people who survived in the early episodes will be in the prison. Remember the people who Rick gave the guns to for the sickly. I bet some of them will be back.

March 22, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trimskillet

Jennifer,
      Even though i agree with you regarding these idiotic trolls spewing racism I would have to point out that there are not as many whites in jail as blacks. Even though blacks only make up about 20percent of the population, they make up over half of the prison/jail population.

March 22, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • alreadydead

Human rights watch; The new statistics also show large racial disparities, with black males incarcerated at a per capita rate six times that of white males. Nearly 11 percent of all black men ages 30 to 34 were behind bars as of June 30, 2007.

March 26, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Mark

First off, all you idiotic morons with the racist remarks, go away and leave this forum to intelligent individuals!
    Now with that said, the show has been great so far. I think that Darryl has become a huge fan favorite! Norman Reemus is great in the role. Lori has still got to go. I can't wait for season three. Best show on TV.

March 22, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ted

Who is Norman Reemus? Is he Uncle Reemus's grandson? I've heard of a good actor named Norman Reedus though.

March 22, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Tonisha

This is probably my last season of watching. I'm tired of all the politically correct black female hero nonsense.

March 22, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  57. dj

Where did all the black Americans in Atlanta go on the show? Last time I was there freaknick was going on and it sure was like the walkin dead were loose, but there sure weren't too many white folks roaming arround the downtown...

March 22, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  58. dj

Next thing you know they'll add Whoopie Goldberg or some other man hater to the cast, give the chick hero theme a rest....

March 22, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Demarcus

He was just speakin the trooth my brother my man. Us blacks gots street smarts. We be from the hood. No pretend zombie be a scaring' us. We been in the big house.

March 22, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  60. KEISHAV

So glad to see Michonne came in to help Andrea, I was on the edge of my seat. I cant wait for next season and for Comic Book Dude what you said was racist and rude. If you knew the books you would know the story, but since you are so closed minded I wont entertain your ego.

March 22, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Debo

This was the best comic book series ever. I just loved looking at the drawings so much. Whoooops – I meant "graphic novels". : )

March 22, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  62. cnnlicksit

Could we have some action in Season 3? I mean seriously 5 or 6 episodes all about finding Sonia filled with cliche, boring dialogue. Ugh.

March 22, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  63. Mike

Michonne was one of the best parts of the books, and her inclusion in the show actually made me cheer. Her addition is a good thing (as long as they keep her true to the books). Plus, if they pull no punches, her battle with The Governor will be epic.

March 22, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Chance

After seeing Michonne show up, I had to pull out the books and have a look through them again. I also cheered! They changed up so many parts of the story (Sophia), I wasn't sure that Michonne would make it in.

I wonder if they'll split the season again... with that big break in the middle.

March 22, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  64. C pause C

I love this show!!!

March 22, 2012 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  65. Fred G. Sanford

...finally, T Dawg gets a few lines...and he's a coward? C'Mon writers....the One Black person...and he's a coward?

March 22, 2012 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  66. Erik Abbott

This show is awesome! I'M liking the Ricktatorship, he has the most to lose. BUT Andrea needs to be found & brought back.

March 22, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  67. uguess

What dies it matter that she is a "black gal"? Sheesh!

March 22, 2012 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  68. Laquanda

Her name be Michonne. She be added to make it more ethnical like, girlfrien.

March 22, 2012 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  69. Dave

Plus Rick is acting stupid, as usual. He should never have told them about killing Shane or the virus. He is too dumb to be a leader.

March 22, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Comic Book Dude

I think the Michonne character has to be African American because she lives in the prison. Since that is where most blacks spend time, it just makes it more realistic.

March 22, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Chance

Wow, I feel dumb for reading that.

"Since that is where most blacks spend time, it just makes it more realistic."

March 22, 2012 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Pebbles

I agree that he should have kept killing Shane to himself. However, I think he needed to tell the group about the virus. If not, then when someone dies of natural causes or an accident, they would have their guard down and not realize he/she will come back and kill them.

I assume that is one of the reasons why so many people were killed in the beginning as no one expected the dead to rise in hospitals, morgues or funeral homes. I wonder if the virus is in the air?

March 22, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • 1twinsfan

I disagree. I say the group is too dumb t see Rick has made the logical and correct choices. They couldn't see Shane as the reckless hot head that he was.

If the producers are open to suggestions, I recommend ditching Lori. Really cannot stand her character and sadly, unlike other performers, the actress doesn't thrill me. I loathed Ben on Lost but appreciated Michael Emerson's acting. Same for Marshall Allman on True Blood.

March 24, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Dave

March 22, 2012 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Tim

Dave is right. Michon is too "comic booky" to be in a show based on a comic book. And swinging a sword off camera then just standing there? Way too "super hero-ish."

March 22, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ky

The hooded character in the woods was actually in the april play boy ... well at least the comic book version of her is. her story is that she and her husband and her husbands best friend were still alive in her neighborhood. when she tried getting into the home the husband ended up getting bit (they didnt know that the bite would infect the husband) later on she went out to go through the other neighbors homes looking for food. she tried going back out into but noticed too many walkers so she stayed and went to sleep.. she then goes back to her home to find her husband had turned and attacked his best friend. she goes to kill them but instead chops off their arms and lower jaws so that they cant attack her and has the idea that if she has them then the other walkers will not attack her. then the story ends with her walking out of her house.

March 22, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • xGregx

Michonne is a main character in the comic books and has been eagerly awaited on the show by comic book fans. Her entrance is awesome and her character development is sure to be awesome as well. Can't wait until she meets The Governor!

March 22, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Al

Sir, if you knew anything about that character, you wouldn't have said that. Michonne is the boss and is one of the best characters in the comics.

March 22, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • C

I think they know she is very "comic book" and maybe a bit of a "superhero" so I would think they'll tone down her skills a bit.

March 23, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • yahmez the mad

I would rather see it go the direction of the comic book series than be a soap opera with a zombie side plot.

March 23, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • synva

don t think so, the sword makes sense, no ammo needed and still some kind of range to the walker wjile you kill it. as for the "pets", remember season 1 when rick decorated himself with walker-guts, the scent covered him up until it started to rain, so that makes sense either, don t you think? at least in my opinion. can t wait to see season 3!!!^^

March 23, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shaman13

"I think the black gal with the walker pets will ruin the show. She is just too comic book superhero silly."

Well, it kind of IS a comic book, so the fact that she's like a comic book character is kind of to be expected.. But, if you had read the books, you'd know that Michonne's bodyguards don't stick around very long. She turns out to be quite human, despite the sword and grand entrance. Wait until you see what she does to The Governor.. NASTY!

March 26, 2012 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |