Having trouble finding 'Hunger Games' tickets?
March 22nd, 2012

Having trouble finding 'Hunger Games' tickets?

In case you didn’t already get the memo, “The Hunger Games” is going to be big. Like “Twilight”- and “Harry Potter”-big.

The flick, based off Suzanne Collins’ young adult novel of the same name, hits theaters on Friday, and is expected to rake in more than $80 million.

However, given Fandango’s report that the website is selling 10 “Hunger Games” tickets per second, $80 million seems like a conservative estimate.

With more than 2,500 show times already sold out, some moviegoers might look to Craigslist in hopes of finding tickets for opening weekend. (There are more than 30 listings for show times in New York City alone.)

The Jennifer Lawrence-starrer currently sits at No. 3 on Fandango’s list of the top advance ticket-sellers of all time.

2009’s “The Twilight Saga: New Moon” and 2011’s “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2” have claimed the first and second spots, respectively. While “The Twilight Saga’s” “Breaking Dawn - Part 1” and “Eclipse” round out the top five.

Do you have your tickets yet?

Post by:
Filed under: Hunger Games • movies

Next entry »
  1. Snarf

Well i bought tickets easily and the theater was less than half.
    The movie is fun but nothing near Harry Potter or Twilight.
    The girl is cute but the story is something hard to get. Even the book has some parts that go beyond the main storyline. But on the movie is all about some outside points.
    It was a massive marketing but im predicting a loss of 70% next week on the box office. The movie doesn´t live up to the marketing campaign that is going all around.
    Let´s see if they get the 2 movie after the massive pays that they are paying right now for all the "hype".

March 25, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Snarf

Well i bought tickets easily and the theater was less than half.
    The movie is fun but nothing near Harry Potter or Twilight.
    Let´s see if they get the 2 movie after the massive pays that they ar e

March 25, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  3. SKY

THE PLOT IS THE BEST SURVIVE ONE CHILD IS TO DIE.....RIGHT
    HOW I TRY TO CLEAN IT UP, IT STILL SENDS A BAD MESSAGE

March 24, 2012 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
  4. T McCarthy

Saw it last night and it was well worth staying up until 3 am for... Can't wait for the second installment...

March 23, 2012 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Shaina

Im convinced the majority of the commentors on here have the combined IQ of 7

March 23, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. SKY

Yo yo. I dropped all CAPS but I still be bad...I break out in rap so don't be mad...when I bust a cap in yo'r bootay so sad! I just wanna pound dat coochay so rad...so I tapp'd your mom and mess'd up yo dad!! Its time to go so remember SKY...iz one hot biotch and she gonna make u cry!!

March 23, 2012 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  7. SKY

ALL CAPS BE COOL CUZ I CAN YELL AT EVERYONE AND SHOW DAT I BE A DY-KO!! I BE LOOKIN FOR SUM LEZZYS TO PARTY WITH. DROP ME YO DIGITS AND I WILL POUND DAT NASTY BOX!!

March 23, 2012 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  8. SKY

PARENTS IS THIS MOVIE ABOUT KIDS KILLING KIDS?
    ONE KID AGAINST ANOTHER?
    WHAT PARENT IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD ALLOW THEIR
    CHILD TO SEE SOMETHING LIKE THAT?

March 23, 2012 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
    • @SKY

This movie is PG-13. Any teen can purchase a ticket for this flick. Don't think too many parents will be buying tix for younger children. This movie has already been so hyped up that everyone is rushing out to see it! By the way, please STOP USING ALL CAPS!!

March 23, 2012 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  9. MP4/3GP VIDEOS, FOR FREE, GET IT NOW! Note:18

no, but i will get one very soon

March 23, 2012 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |
  10. Richard Fore

I iz a knob gobbler! Any fairies wanna pump my plump rump??

March 23, 2012 at 2:49 am | Report abuse |
  11. ATDICKYFORE

HI MR ED

March 22, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Richard Fore

Suk my koc u fkr

March 22, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard Fore

I am on every blog with the same lame comment. When I am not writing vulgar postings, I am getting my fudge packed by a jig-a-boo with a monster-sized donger!!

March 23, 2012 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
  13. Pinnochio

I tryed to buy tickets. I didn't know monopoly money wasn't real.*i didn't, my nose didn't grow* Suppose I'll have to wait awhile.

March 22, 2012 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |