Carnie Wilson has weight-loss surgery ... again
March 22nd, 2012

Carnie Wilson has weight-loss surgery ... again

Almost 13 years since Carnie Wilson underwent weight-loss surgery, the singer has gone under the knife once again.

Wilson confirmed to People that she had Lap-Band surgery in January.

The 43-year-old told People that the surgery, which aids weight loss by reducing the amount of food your stomach can hold, has already helped her lose 30 lbs.

“It was the right decision for me and I'm doing really well so far,” she said.

Wilson, whose weight issues were once mocked by the late Chris Farley on “Saturday Night Live," is preparing to release a new album with Wilson Phillips. “Dedicated” drops on April 3, days before the band’s reality show, “Wilson Phillips: Still Holding On,” premieres on the TV Guide Network on April 8.

Filed under: Celebrities

« Previous entry
  1. Carney is having s-x...(photo above)

June 19, 2013 at 7:20 am | Report abuse |
  2. Angeles Leise

Diabetes, often referred to by doctors as diabetes mellitus, describes a group of metabolic diseases in which the person has high blood glucose (blood sugar), either because insulin production is inadequate, or because the body's cells do not respond properly to insulin, or both. Patients with high blood sugar will typically experience polyuria (frequent urination), they will become increasingly thirsty (polydipsia) and hungry (polyphagia)..-*"

Good day to you
    http://wellnessdigest.cods Angeles Leise

June 19, 2013 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  3. Weight loss using hcg

Apr seventeen, 2012· when contemplating wholesome diet regime to shed weight, there can be a lot of dilemma. There are numerous people who handle weight problems and ...Weight Loss

May 17, 2012 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  4. Tanya

I can sympathize with Carnie. I have been Obese since I was 6 years old. I have tried pretty much every diet out there and I am now in a Lean program. For those of you saying it's easy to get surgery...you are wrong. The program that I am in is approximately 6 months long (or longer). You have to count calories, log all of your food, exercise and go to all of the support groups, pych evals, etc... before they will allow you to have surgery. You also have a set amount of weight to lose before you qualify for surgery. It is a lifestyle change that you have to be willing to make.

I don't think she is making the right choice having another surgery especially the LapBand which even my surgeon team does not recommend due to complications/failure rate. She has enough money that she can buy the right food and the personal trainer and get the counseling she needs to do it herself. If she doesn't fix the mental aspect and control her eating (plus drinking I think alcohol contributed to her weight gain also) then she is going to gain this weight back also. Another question is why didn't she go to her surgeon that did her Bypass when she started gaining weight to stop the weight gain before she gained a huge amount back?

March 30, 2012 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  5. Jim Dandey

Again? 1: Who cares? 2: Step AWAY from the food table.

March 27, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  6. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQj5fyHeOHg&w=640&h=390]

March 25, 2012 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  7. Jesus H. Christ

It's really sad that you can hide behind a computer screen and bully Carnie. You should be so ashamed. You know absolutely nothing about her situation or what has led her to abuse food. This constant fixation on her weight is absolutely appalling. If people were not continuously fixated on the issue, it wouldn't be an issue at all.

March 24, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  8. sheila

To all of you who seem to condemn what she has done, Have you ever had that kind of a weight problem and not struggled with it. Have you ever been made fun of because you were overweight? When you make fun of people that are overweight that just makes them be more destructive to themselves. Some of you could eat any thing you wanted and not gain an ounce but other can't so show some sympathy for those that can't. Just because she has money and in the lime light she gets berated because she decided to do something about her weight again. Grow up you all are starting to sound like the school yard bully. I say Bravo to you Carnie Wilson.

March 24, 2012 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  9. gecko

I had gastric bypass surgery ONCE. Lost 190lbs and feel and look great, she needs to have her mouth sewn shut, that way she can lose the weight AND we don't have to listen to her...

March 24, 2012 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  10. Mymenopausefix.com Kris

Surgery isn't the answer, dealing with the emotion connection to food is a better option. Sad to think that we've come to the point where we can fix everything with surgery and money.

Good luck this time! I hope it works and isn't just to sell more albums.

March 24, 2012 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  11. the_dude

Something tells me she could use a mens size 42" belt as a lap band.

March 23, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Eva

She obviously needs some counseling. She probably had some traumatic childhood issues that she has not dealt with yet. There have been studies done that says people who were molested as children, grow up to be overweight adults, eating their feelings. Or eating to make themselves be less attractive. I just feel bad for her.

March 23, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lisa

Didn't she already try that a few years ago?

March 23, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. DeeNYC

are they sewing her big greasy mouth shut?

March 23, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  15. LadyPrime

From someone who has had the Roux En Y procedure, it's about changing your lifestyle permanently. She needs to stay away from the trigger foods instead of having surgery. She couldn't deal with not eating cheesecake and now has a lap band around her pouch?
    She needs food counseling, NOT another procedure!!! BTW, I lost 210 lbs and have KEPT IT OFF 4 YEARS LATER!! Why? Because I've said no, I am bodybuilding and I'm reminding myself NEVER to be like Carnie

March 23, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Corrie Ander

It is physically impossible, regardless of any emotional or physical issues, to gain weight while restricting caloric intake and expending energy in exercise. Far from being a cure to morbid obesity, cosmetic surgery should be looked at as a one of its causes. After all, who needs to invoke self restraint or discipline when you can spend an afternoon under the knife and have fat cut out of you with a scalpel or a leash put on your gut to keep your stomach small.

Carnie Wilson also had surgery to have all the extra skin removed the first time she reduced. I guess all that skin grew back as well and we get to read next year how she is having more skin removed so she doesn't have that post-op skin sag.

March 23, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Ugh

Zero gravity is not a viable weightloss option

March 23, 2012 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  18. m

Some day somebody's gonna make you a big apple pie, till then baby gonna have to settle for some curley fries. don't you know, white castle rocks, DQ shakes are the best, if you hoooold on for one more day, McRibs will come your way!

March 23, 2012 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  19. JW

I think she looks good big!!!

March 23, 2012 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  20. Eastender

I watched her on Wife-Swap earlier this year, and this woman has serious eating issues. She doesn't cook, and sends out for all her meals. A new surgery isn't going to help until she starts changing her habits for herself and her entire family. I wish her well.

March 23, 2012 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  21. Jan

It's like any other form of addiction, something else in your life is not being dealt with. There's a hole in one's soul.

March 23, 2012 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  22. Elizabeth

OH, no not the Crap Band! Most hospitals aren't even doing it anymore it has so many complications! Hope she's ok as time goes on....

March 23, 2012 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  23. Jo

Fat is the last acceptable prejudice. I am an RN and I see discrimination against overweight people EVERY day. I have even been the object of it myself. I have always been slightly (15lbs) overweight. I had to visit 3 Dr.s to find one who took my foot pain seriously. They told me (only 1) my foot hurt because I was fat. Turns out it was a tumor, and I was only diagnosed after it grew so large it broke bones in my foot. Now, I am now missing a section of my foot and have permanent nerve damage. Seriously overweight people, have an addiction. How many drug addicts do you know that could control their disease by only using a small amount of drugs each day? It's the same when you ask an obese person to control their food by diet and exercise alone. It will NOT work. Surgery can be a tool, to take the weight off quickly, but as we see, unless the underlying psychological problems can be addressed, the problem will persist. It still boggles my mind, that an insurance company will pay for (sometimes repeated) treatment for drugs and alcohol, but will not pay for any medical help for a food addiction.

March 23, 2012 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  24. Devara

Not sure surgery is the answer for this girl. She clearly needs to address the underlying issues that make her eat herself into an unhealthy weight.

March 23, 2012 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  25. Joel

My problem with this is, she had the first surgery reversed I believe. Then went on to say how bad weight loss surgery was. NOW, she has it again and "it is the right decision for her". I had gastric bypass in 2001 and lost 225lbs, and have kept it off....ALL of it. For all the people who have never had weight problems.....shut the hell up.....I wouldn't ask some one who sells coffee for financial advice, why would I want weight loss advice from you? For those who offer the wonderful advice of "just stop eating then you won't be fat." My advice to you is just stop breathing, then you won't be stupid.

March 23, 2012 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
    • MD

It is called WILL POWER! It is tough but MILLIONS of people do it. We all love to eat. It is one of the joy's of life. Just like everything else..........MODERATION.

March 23, 2012 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
    • gecko

AMEN!!!

March 24, 2012 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  26. Michele

Having been on both sides of the weight loss issue, happily on the thinner side today, I understand the struggle. It's really easy to sit at your computer and call someone a whale or a fat pig, but seriously, all it does is show what's lacking or mission from your own life. Losing weight is hard. I did it the old fashioned way by changing diet and exercising every day. It's more of a lifestyle change than a diet. Until we as humans see the poor choices we are making and finally say no more, nothing will change in your life. Period.

March 23, 2012 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  27. panda1953

Go to Weight Watchers. I just lost 40 pounds and hubby lost 70. It's easy to do and healthy. If I can do it so can she.

March 23, 2012 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  28. deb

Oh for Pete's sake....surgically remove the fork from her damn hands next time.

March 23, 2012 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  29. Ed

I think Carnie has publically acknowleged that she's an emotional eater and has a fondness for fattening foods. If she feels that this surgery will help her, then fine. It's not hurting any of us. As for those of you who think it's as simple as "push away from the table"...I suggest you do a little research about hunger hormones (i.e. ghrelin, leptin) and how much different they are in fat people than thin people. If you were hungry every waking moment, I'll bet you wouldn't have such an easy time maintaining a healthy weight either.

March 23, 2012 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |
  30. theobc

a lot of you "perfect" people have no problem condemning this women for being overweight. but, despite that weight problem she is an internationally known and award winning singer. i bet not one of you "perfect" people who have condemn or called this woman names have achieved any where near what she has. your only claim to fame is that you posted on a website calling this women a loser for being overweight when in all other areas she trumps your sorry butt all to hell. so, if you "perfect" people need to post to jump on someones flaw to feel better, keep doing it anonymously because it is hard to make that point that you are so superior if you on drugs, an alcoholic, still staying at home with mom/dad, still working at a fast food place and you are not a teenager or the manager, or thin but ugly as sin, or hundred other things that don't qualify you as "perfect" which doesn't qualify you to condemn or mock another human being who has the guts to admit she isn't perfect and is trying to do something about it. also, read a book, you might find that overeating isn't the only reason a person can't lose weight. there are many conditions and mediciations that make losing weight very difficult, if not impossible. finally, be thankful that since you have such a disgust for overweight "people" you aren't one of them because you lack the character and the depth to survive the mocking and contempt from "perfect people" like yourselves.

March 23, 2012 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  31. Kyle H. Davis

Come on people – overeating is not ALWAYS related to emotional problems – Sometimes it does have to do with routines and work schedule. – While exercising and eating healthy will help, it cannot help if the eating routine does not change. – Some people end up skipping a breakfast and filling up at lunch, forcing them to eat dinner much later.

So, while it might be easy to toss out "take a walk" or "stop eating", the fact is, in some cases it is not just that easy. One might be active, eat healthy foods and exercise, and still have a problem with weight.

Having such a surgery is a way in which they can do exactly what you are asking them to. Sometimes it is not the willpower to say "No" to a pizza that is the problem, it is the willpower to actually EAT (breakfast) for example, that causes the problem. And this surgery is a way to force that willpower on you – by limiting the amount of food per meal, it forces you to eat regular, timely meals.

It's not "treating the symptoms", like liposuction – it is a genuine attempt at fixing the cause of the problem.

I say 'bravo' for her.

March 23, 2012 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  32. jerry

I think what most people do not realize is that weight problems are usually genetic. Some people are bigger than others not because of over eating but because their bodies hold on to fat too easily. The mortality rate between fat people and skinny people is 3 months difference. Movies and t.v. distort what people think they should look like. Personally, I would rather be with a nice heavy person than a skinny b&%$#.. It's time we value personalities and not outer appearances.
    I feel for Carnie because she is in a career that values looks over talent. Good luck, I will be listening..

March 23, 2012 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  33. Argle Bargle

My God, the woman should just learn some self control and quit sticking everything she grabs into her mouth.
    Just look at the photo. She's trying to eat that microphone!

March 22, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  34. mukazzi

1) Having this kind of sugery is dangerous enough. 2) Considering that she already had a gastic bypass (re-routing of the intestines), she took a risk with getting pregnant; 3) and the weight gain clearly tells me that she might have done some damage; 4) the Lap Band would have been her last choice – the 'band' doesn't change the shape of her stomach, but it's risky in its own right. 40% of those who start off with Lap Band end up going back for the full gastric bypass. 5) She should contemplated the Sleeve...better yet, if she was intending to get pregnant, no surgery at all.

March 22, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Alex

Can't they just sew her mouth shut?

March 22, 2012 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Philips Wilson

She probably thinks that the Lap Band is the name of her backing group. I'll be here all night

March 22, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Philips Wilson

Maybe its all that Carnie Asada. Just sayin'

March 22, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  38. ithinkdoyou

I have a friend that had this procedure done. Sure, it makes your stomach smaller but keep in mind when this person does binge, they can eat a very high calorie food (for example cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory) and still gain the weight back. They are assigned a "team" of experts to help them. A doctor, dietician, therapist, nurse.........and the procedure cost my friend $20K. She paid $2K out of pocket. So in the long run what does this really do? Raise health care premiums for the rest of us.................and make it unaffordable for most, like myself. Thank you obese people. I have spent my life as an athlete, nationally ranked in two sports eating healthy. Now with destroyed discs in my back, can't seek medical help. What is wrong with this picture?

March 22, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phillips Wilson

@ithinkyoudo maybe you could eat like a horse for a couple of years and then get them to fix your discs in a 'twofer' deal when you go in for your stomach bypass surgery for $2K. Just a thought

March 22, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey

What's "wrong with this picture" is that you think that excess sports and the injuries you've caused yourself is someone else's problem, as well as your inability to pay for the procedures you need. Anything taken to excess (including exercise which can be addictive) to the point that you cause injury is a psychosis. You're not all that different from the fat people you resent.

March 23, 2012 at 5:28 am | Report abuse |
  39. Tammy

She is NOT a good candidate for any type of WLS. If she got fat again, after by pass surgery, the lap band WILL NOT help her. She needs to stop being the poor little rich girl, walk away from the food, push herself from the table and exercise! I know, I had gastric by pass surgery in 2003, went from 250 lbs down to 119 and have maintained my weight.

March 22, 2012 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Trumod

Sobthe gastric bypass that reduces the stomach size (drastic bypass) has to be supplemented with something that further stomach capacity? (scratching head) sounds like ve the law of diminishing returns.

March 22, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  41. makebetterchoices

Getting weight loss surgery is easier than ever. All you need is nod your head yes to their questions & have the $$$ to pay for the surgery. If these doctors spent more time properly evaluating their patients, she wouldn't be getting a second surgery without having to prove she can lose some weight on her own.

March 22, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • ithnkdoyou

Think again. My friend had the procedure done and her insurance paid for it. Her out of pocket expense was $2K. Surgery was $20K. Really makes you wonder.

March 22, 2012 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  42. patheticpeopleeverywhere

Always amazaed at the pathetic judgemental people out there. u know nothing abt this woman and u judge her. im sure all the critics out there are perfect lovely smart etc. doubt it has to be something wrong very wrong with a person who would say things like this abt a person struggling. U r sad she does not need to put down the fork u need to step up from the keyboard and think about what kind of a person u must really be

March 22, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Annlynn

It’s simple: calories in v calories out. She EATS more calories than she burns. If she would stop eating fattening foods, eating out, count her calories etc. and do a simple workout plan, she wouldn't need these drastic surgery methods.

March 22, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  44. RN2B

Wow some of you guys are so judging. How do you know what caused her to be overweight??? How do you know she over eats because of emotional problems? How do you know she doesn't exercise? There could be medical reasons behind it or whatever. Ever thought of that? Don't be so mean to people, especially the people you don't really know.

March 22, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Debbie

It's no wonder why she feels the need for weight loss surgery. Reading some of the insensitive, hurtful, and hate-filled comments posted here, it's obvious most, if not all, of those un-needed comments were made by people who are in the running for Miss or Mr. Universe. Carnie, we love you regardless of your weight-you're a beautiful person on the inside and the outside. BTW: to SHADOWSOCK13: you're close enough to suck your own if you pull your head out of your butt!

March 22, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  46. SHAWDOWSOCK13

Thanks Roxann' Having your blessing relaxes me.... *_*

March 22, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Name*rumrunner

I feel much compassion for her.perhaps she has a genetic predisposition for weight problems, hope she finds peace some day .

March 22, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Capt. Obvious

I think she's HOT! (Fat people usually are.) They say that inside of every fat person there's a skinny one trying to get out... but why they eat them I do not know.

March 22, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  49. charlie

Hi

March 22, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Amy

Congrats carney for making a second great decion about your future and health...
    Why is it we applause celebs when they go to Rehab, this is equal....
    Addiction is a very hard to beat!!
    Congrats and Goid luck..

March 22, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Secret Squirrel

So she's the one that ate all my nuts!

March 22, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  52. SHAWDOWSOCK13

I really need my Dick sucked '

March 22, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Candy Girl

I'm sure it's not safe to have multiple weight loss surgeries. Not trying to be mean, but maybe you should get some help to see there is some emotinal reason for the weight gain. If there is, then you can deal with it and begin a healthy diet and exercise. Also getting a trainer will help or workout with exercise tapes will help. Walking will help also.

March 22, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  54. txqueen24

There could be a number of reasons why she gained some of her weight back. Thyroid, fertilty drugs, GERD, etc...... It's not just because she "can't put her fork" down or doesn't exercise enough. There's more to it when you have had weight loss surgery. Are you all a fly on her walls where you can see what she does 24 hours a day/ Nope, for all we know she can outrun or out do all of you haters in a bootcamp workout.Those of us who have struggled off & on with weight loss know exactly how she feels.

March 22, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Slapnutz

I like her but do push away drills. Push your a$$ away from the table, get off your a$$ and exercise!

March 22, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  56. malsings07

There is something really wrong to have a weight loss surgery again. Maybe she can just be herself and be overweight it's emotional and she's out of control. Face it some people are just going to be overweight just like some people are unattractive, broke all the time, feel worthless, on drugs etc.....

March 22, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • R

Exactly! It is indeed possible to be healthy at a larger size. I wish she'd just be able to show acceptance of what, apparently, her body ends up looking like naturally. If she is seriously so unable to accept her weight, then by all means change it in a constructive, safe, sustainable way. She already knows a surgery is not going to be the ultimate answer for her. Obviously, all her work has to be done inside...

March 22, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Jo

Most of the posters here obviously don't know anything about any of the weight loss surgeries. You do have to change how you eat and exercise with all the surgery types. None of them are a miracle cure. Also, to those stating she needs to "just put down the fork", etc, food can be an addiction as tough to control as alcohol, drugs or gambling. Most doctors and insurance plans require a psych eval before approving weight loss surgery. Good luck Carnie!

March 22, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • R

i don't know... I wouldn't assume her insurance paid for this... My first thought was that this was probably a totally elective, out-of-pocket sort of surgery that she chose to have. I just wish her to find happiness and health that runs deeper than the number on the scale and her dress size.

March 22, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  58. R

So what? A third surgery in another 10-13 years? It would just be easier, and way cheaper, to either change the lifestyle that led to regaining enough weight to justify a second surgery, or simply accept the weight and shape of one's body and be happy and healthy. This sounds more like a lazy, quick vanity fix than the "right decision."

March 22, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  59. chili

EVEN THOUGH I FEEL A SECOND SURGERY IS NOT THE ANSWER MANY OF THE PEOPLE MAKING COMMENTS HAVE BIGGER PROBLEMS THAN GO TO OZ AND GET A HEART

March 22, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  60. anna

For heavens sake has she no will power?

Just watch, in a few months she will be up there again, she obviously doesnt know when to stop.

March 22, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  61. jurby

she had surgery AGAIN??? surgery isn't going to fix the core problem: not eating properly and not exercising. until she learns to eat properly and get off her butt and exercise enough, she's just going to keep regaining weight.

March 22, 2012 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  62. Rolyat

Her only claim to fame the last 10 years has been about her weight.

March 22, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  63. Alecia

She looks like she swallowed me !

March 22, 2012 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  64. Greg

She's a disgrace! A pig. I bet she's a Democrat too

March 22, 2012 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  65. jm

J

March 22, 2012 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  66. yikes

I hope this isn't part of a growing trend of people getting multiple weight loss surgeries. This is serious stuff and shouldn't be taken lightly.

March 22, 2012 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
    • becky

I agree that this is excessives. I don't normally judge others considering I myself had Roux en Y done in december, but going through that is hell and I couldn't imagine ever going through stomach surgery again. Having children isn't an excuse – her surgeon should have worked with her through her pregnancies to make sure she was doing everything right.

March 23, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  67. honey

Did jeffrey dahmer leave behind any offsprings???.....

March 22, 2012 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  68. Joe

I wonder what she tastes like?

March 22, 2012 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  69. Wow

I can sleep easy knowing another idiot is paying money to shorten their life. Our species just got stronger.

March 22, 2012 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  70. Jeff

I'm sure it's not just the actual eating aspect thats her undue as I'm sure that aspect would have long since been addressed by her doctors, trainers etc etc and they would not do surgery unless those issues were under some semblence of control. I would think at least. I love Wilson Philips and hope they can make it back. It's so easy to sit behind a phoney balogney screne name on a website and make snide comments but please offer something with substance..

March 22, 2012 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Yes, it's clearly our fault this woman cannot take control of her own lifestyle and be more healthy. Weight loss/management is not a sprint (as these surgeries would have you believe), but instead a marathon of life changes and decisions to do the right thing.

But yeah, we're all heartless and unfeeling... this poor woman who just can't (im sorry, WON'T)....stop....eating.

March 22, 2012 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • EQ620

You know Chris, it would be great if she could start eating healthier and get some exercise and lost the weight on her own. However, you have to remember that lifestyle habits are not something that you can just flip a switch on and they change. Carney has always had a problem with her weight. Did it ever occur to you that maybe she has a problem with her thyroid or something? And if you knew anything about her life, you would know the traumatic experiences she has been through that cause emotional issues which can lead to things such as overeating. Why not be more supportive, instead of berating?

March 22, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • fretlessbass

Lap-band is a risky surgery. My uncle had to undergo psychiatric evaluation in order to be approved to have it done.

March 22, 2012 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Mean Grrrl

she needs to stay away from carbs & take a jog. eeewwwwwwww!

March 22, 2012 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  72. Africa Zuuluu

She a berry big girl. Would feed many of us here in Africa. Make much good meat for Sudanese children.

March 22, 2012 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  73. 9 toes

Saying that, she is still prettier than every one of those reality tv skaaaankz.

March 22, 2012 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  74. guitarharry

What is so hard about eating sensibly? This woman should see a shrink.

March 22, 2012 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  75. 9 toes

Sorry. I was typing and my boss came in. I was going to say she sure looks like a giant dinosaur like elephantine hippopotamus whale oinker pig that has just swallowed 27 cows along with 1800 doughnuts.

March 22, 2012 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
    • scsmcarnold

Too bad your boss didn't come in again – that was rude. Yes she has a weight problem and yes it's from overeating I'm sure – but no one deserves what you said. And no – I'm not fat nor skinny – I'm 6' and weigh 140 lbs – and female.

March 22, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • M-AZ

Does your boss know how rude you are?

March 22, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Karmen

9 Toes, you're a disgusting pig. Who are you to judge anyone. Look in the mirror. I'm sure you're nothing to look at. You're also completely unattractive on the inside. Crawl back into your hole.

March 22, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • hannah01

Um, too bad your boss didn't stay longer...alot longer..

March 22, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • erich2112x

So you create this narrative that you're at work and your boss walks in right as you're posting hate on the internet. That tells me that you're probably a garden variety, unemployed loser CNN troll. Nice try

March 22, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • theobc

hard to believe you have a job; most morons don't.

March 23, 2012 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
    • NanookoftheNorth

You apologize for having to restart your comment, then proceed to leave an ignorant, ugly message about Ms. Wilson ? !!
      I hope your boss fires your a$$.....wish I knew where you worked !

March 23, 2012 at 5:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Tina

you are truly a total jerk!! You have no idea what it's like to try to lose weight!! It totally sucks!!! I have been trying for years and I had gastric bypass surgery! I lost over 200 lbs and I was doing great until I had two more children! Don't judge her because only 5% of people who lose weight will keep it off!!At least she had another surgery to lose weight!! I'm sure this time she'll keep it off because this time she probably won't have any more kid's. I only wish I could have a lap band surgery but I've been told I can't because I already had a GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY SO SHE IS LUCKY TO BE FAMOUS BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND A DOCTOR WHO WILL DO IT! It's not fair! Why is she treated any different thatn the rest of us???At least she tries!

April 3, 2012 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  76. SAM

Poor woman. A second surgery is not going to help her in the long run if she doesn't address and continue to address the emotional causes of her overeating.

March 22, 2012 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
    • lb4579

Great Post and Point. I think Carnie is a beautiful woman, but how she's been trying to justify this 2nd surgery 1st on the Talk and then on the view is insane. Saying that she's getting healthy from the inside out and that she wants to be here for her kids. Carnie you have some internal demons and a lack of discipline when it comes to exercise that you need to address.

April 9, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  77. 9 toes

I su

March 22, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  78. be quiet

surgery after surgery is not the answer. put down the fork and go for a walk!

March 22, 2012 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Nancy

i agree!!! Get your ass moving!!!!! Work hard!!! Lazy woman

March 22, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • John newman

Thank you. Finally someone needs to realize your ass wont get smaller by eating everything in sight

March 22, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • evensteven

It's not that easy for some people—it depends on the underlying factors. If you have thyroid problems, you will hold water and gain weight. There are other conditions besides eating and lack of exercise which contribute to weight gain.

Shaming or judging people for their weight is short-sighted, counter-productive and reveals a lack of knowledge on the issues . . .

March 23, 2012 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
    • IndyNC

I have little sympathy for her,
      She can afford good healthy food, she had weight loss surgery and bragged how great it worked, and not decade later old problems returned.

You have to change your lifestyle... all the surgery in the world won't do a thing if she doesn't learn to burn more calories than she consumes. Last time it was Rue-in-Y which is supposed to be PERMANANT – but it looks like she paid someone to undo all those internal changes.

if she's not carefull, she's going to die from some complication from surgery.

March 23, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Anna

THIS is a DANGEROUS SURGERY. IT CAUSES DEEP TISSUES BLEEDING, YOU WILL THROW UP AFTER EVERY MEAL...YOU WILL EXPERIENCE CONSTANT PAIN! It is a waste of $7,000 dollars! Diabetes has been reversed in over 10,000 people by using a specialized diabetes diet for less than 20 bucks!. The diet also reversed body fat in people trying to lose weight. Scientists showed food chemicals is the cause of almost all diabetes. They also showed how to reverse your own diabetes without medications. just google SPIRIT HAPPY DIET

March 29, 2012 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  79. palintwit

Looks like every female blogger here.

March 22, 2012 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Eilen Jarvis

Speak for your own woman which i'm sure you do.You're probably one of two, beached whale or Jack Skelington.

March 22, 2012 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
    • JAS

The population of the United States has a higher percentage of obesity than any other country. We have the highest cost of health care of any other country. Our population suffers from more disorders and disease than any other country.....
      But most of it is preventable and reversible! The Meat and Dairy industries along with insurance, health and government agencies have done nothing but confuse the consumer as to what a healthy diet is. There are so many chemicals pumped into almost all food these days that was never intended to be consumed by people causing most of the health problems we all see.
      The standard American diet is what's killing this country and the only way to get healthy is to stop eating all the processed junk that's out there, switch to a whole foods diet, and get off your asses and get some exercise.

It may be a slower process than surgery but as you can see from this article, surgery is an expensive, painful, temporary fix.

March 28, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |