Olivia Wilde returns for 'House' finale
March 21st, 2012

Olivia Wilde returns for 'House' finale

Olivia Wilde will reprise her role of "Thirteen" one last time for the final episode of "House," Fox confirms to CNN.

As originally reported by TV Line, the star of "Tron: Legacy" and "Cowboys and Aliens," who played Dr. Remy "Thirteen" Hadley for three seasons (and a few episodes throughout the last two seasons), is set to appear in the May 21 series finale.

We last saw "Thirteen" back in October. Her Huntington's disease had been advancing, and House saw that she was happy with her girlfriend. Despite her interest in going back into medicine, he fired her because he didn't want her living out her remaining time working in the hospital.

At one point, House promised her that he would assist her in ending her life if she asked him to do so.

One might presume that the end of "House" might also be the end of "Thirteen's" life, but with a show this unpredictable, it's really anyone's guess.

Fans were heartbroken to hear last month that another former cast member, Lisa Edelstein, was not planning to return for the finale.

Are you more likely to watch the final episode of "House" because of Wilde's guest spot? Post a video response or let us know below.

Next entry »
  1. Sandi Sarabia

Definitely, what a splendid website and educative posts, I will bookmark your website.All the Best!

May 16, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  2. clevercandi

I stopped watching House when he had s*x with Cuddy. YUCK :-P

I may watch the finale though b/c I really liked "13" :)

April 10, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mati

i love Olivia <3

March 23, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Loren

I'll watch because I watch. While some might argue that House's jail time was jumping the shark, and at times the show has not been as interesting as in the past, the characters and issues continue to be worth watching, and while in certain respects I am glad that the show is coming to a close (due to how far it seemed to get off track), it is definitely worth my time.

March 22, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • rocketscientist

I feel the same way you do, Loren. I'm still watching and I still do enjoy the show, but its best days are behind it. One critic said that the show's essential characters are House, Wilson, and Cuddy, and I think there is some veracity to that. Cuddy's gone and the show is suffering without her. Also, I do think that they have done just about everything they can possibly do to House. There's just not a lot of places for the show to go with the characters, although I guess, as a medical procedural, it could still go on. My wife says the show definitely "jumped the shark" with House crashing into Cuddy's house, and I think I agree with that. It's probably been on at least 1 season too long, maybe 2. You don't want to be in a position of outstaying your welcome with the audience becoming apathetic, which is what happened to The X-files and the Star Trek franchise.

I'm glad they're bringing back 13. I love her character and I'm happy that Wilde still continued with the show over the last two seasons in a limited capacity despite her movie career taking off (though, critically speaking, the movies she's been in haven't been very good). Now that I think about it, in some ways, anyway, I think that House and 13 had a deeper relationship and a better understanding of one another than House and Cuddy. This could very well be a better pairing than getting Cuddy back, although some closure wrt the two of them is definitely warranted.

April 19, 2012 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  5. jujubeans

Quite the fox! I'd watch her in anything.

March 22, 2012 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  6. Joe

in my masturbation fantasies she'll always be Cora from Tron to me....

March 22, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  7. Pea

I am sooo bummed this show is going off the air. I have loved almost every character that has been on it. I wish Lisa was coming back for the last part of the show. It would have been the right thing to do. I love Olivia Wilde. She brings it. Wilson and House are fantastic. It will not be the same without them on my Monday nights. I plan to purchase all of the seasons on DVD. There was never a boring episode. I wish all of them well, but I will really miss Hugh Laurie. I wish Jenifer Morrison would also make an appearance regardless of her other show, Once upon a time. This is one of the very best shows ever on TV. Thanks for the years.

March 22, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Rick

I used to love House. However the last several years it has become completely predictable with House being the most so.

March 22, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Name*BJ Lynch

2nd REQUEST: PLEASE REMOVE MY NAME & EMAIL FROM DISPLAYING ON MY CELL OR I WILL REMOVE CNN. WHAT A STUPID IDEA, DONE WITHOUT MY OK.

March 22, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  9. comeon

@Jay
    Yes, she is a "star" as far as star power and box office/big movie roles go. Out of everyone on that she, she is at the top. Hugh Laurie is the star of the show, but Olivia has more star power.
    Biggest movies of actors/actresses on House:
    Hugh Laurie – Flight of the Phoenix & Monsters and Aliens
    Lisa Edelstein – Daddy Day Care
    Omar Epps – Love & Basketball & Alfie
    Robert Sean Leonard – Swing Kids
    Jennifer Morrison – Warrior – Star Trek (very brief)
    Jesse Spencer – none
    Olivia Wilde – Alpha Dog, Year One, Tron: Legacy, Cowboys & Aliens, The Change-Up & In Time

March 22, 2012 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Dave

Robert Sean Leonard was also in the Dead Poet's Society with Robin Williams and Ethan Hawk. That was a great movie.

April 19, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Dee W

I'm so happy that Olivia Wilde will return; I care about her character and her accomplishments. As for Lisa Edelstein, who cares? Her character is arrogant, self-aggrandizing, and obnoxious.

March 22, 2012 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  11. 9 toes

She is a deacent looking wooman. I bet she's got all her toes.

March 21, 2012 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fritzy

@ 9 toes- You may have to wait until she wears a pair of sandals to find out!

March 22, 2012 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  12. Secret Squirrel

I'm looking for some spring nuts. Anyone seen any lately?

March 21, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Netty

Although I would truly enjoy Lisa Edelstein returning for the finale, even if thirteen were not going to be there, I would still watch. I love House and am so sorry to see him go. Just keep House in syndication and keep me happy. Hugh laurie is the man. I will definitely miss House.

March 21, 2012 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jay

LOVE House, never miss it, very sad it is going off, but it has been a great run for the show, Hugh Laurie has said he is exhausted over 14 hr work days, can't blame him! Thanks for a top notch show, will miss what will happen with "House" in the future. Olivia Wilde has nothing to do with it, HOUSE and Hugh Laurie are what matters, why would a cast member that wasn't even on the show for a full run matter? And she is NOT the STAR as this silly article puts it, of the movies mentioned, she is just another cast member, other actors in those movies are the well known STARS, not Olivia, she is a newbie", that's all. Hate the terminology of words "stars" and A-listers, so stupid to label actors like that..

March 21, 2012 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  15. dsommer27

She is very pretty and has become a big star

March 21, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay

A BIG STAR you say? Haha, funny. She's a newbie that has only been in a couple top okay films, that's all, like her, but she's no big deal, you're funny, a BIG STAR, hilarious.

March 21, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
      • dsommer27

From the OC to a big TV show to multiple big budget movies. I think she should have been a bit more selective with her roles, bu, Tron, Cowboys and Aliens, and The Change Up were all big movie releases. Don't IMDB her, you brain may explode with the amount of movies she is going to be in! Also who is the top leading lady right now? Let's see how Julia's Sleeping Beauty does and if Sandra stops adopting kids long enough to act. Next big leading lady, Olivia Wilde!

March 21, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  16. cheryl

Will definitely watch House, the best series on tv. Whyyyyyy!?? Olivia Wilde being there? Icing on the cake.

March 21, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |