Who'd George Clooney call after his arrest?
March 19th, 2012

Who'd George Clooney call after his arrest?

We'll give you a hint: It wasn't his sweetheart Stacy Keibler.

Nope - When George Clooney found himself detained Friday after being arrested outside of the Sudanese Embassy in Washington, he says he did what many of us would do in that situation: He used his one phone call to ring his mom.

Why George Clooney got himself arrested

"Nothing ever changes," he joked with a TMZ reporter.

Clooney paid a $100 fine, opting to forfeit the money in order to avoid a court appearance. Just before his arrest, Clooney told the crowd gathered that he and his fellow activists were there "to ask two very simple questions...The first question is something immediate, and immediately, we need humanitarian aid to be allowed into the Sudan before it becomes the worst humanitarian crisis in the world."

The other, he continued, "is for the government in Khartoum to stop randomly killing its own innocent men, women and children. Stop raping them and stop starving them. That's all we ask."

Filed under: Celebrities • George Clooney

1. c

Publicity. Now, if he got arrested for protesting in front of a pp clinic then he would have my vote. I cant stand hypocritical celebrities who preach to 'save' starving orphans in other countries when we are eliminating a generation every day in our clinics. Save the babies here, the unborn, the abused, and the orphaned then maybe I will give you the time of day.

March 22, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Voig Nederlander

LOL at all the uptight neocons getting their panties in a twist over old George. Wow, he really makes you dorks mad, huh? Look at yourselves, how reactive you've become. After reading some of the barely literate hate here, your Presidential candidates suddenly make perfect sense.

March 22, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ronnie12345

Lol observer is an ****ing Idiot.

March 21, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  4. George Clooney's Mom

So Saddam Hussein gassing Kurds and mass murdering Shiite, and the Taliban publicly executing raped women who dishonored Islam doesn’t hit Georgie Peorgie’s morality scale, but Darfur does? Why the selective righteous indignation?

Hey , Hollywood leftist, here’s an idea: Let’s win the wars we’re in and not start a new one.

March 20, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. UUiiiUUUDDD

momy´s boy too much?

March 20, 2012 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  6. Observer

I see you carefully left out any references to baby's junk and sacs this time. Good Boy! You CAN be taught!

March 20, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. @NKBL&Observer

And all of this nonsense you are posting in the comments section of a piece on Clooneys arrest and Khartoum. You really are stupid in the truest sense of the word.

March 20, 2012 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  8. Observer

I would reply to @NKBL but between his talking about baby's genitalia and "sacs" he sounds like one of those creeps that hangs out by playgrounds and offers the kids lollipops to get in his van with him.

March 20, 2012 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  9. OBSERVER

i figured it was his mommy. LOL

March 20, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  10. Observer

You sound like the kind of person that has LOTS of experience with an infant's genitalia.
    ...and Thanks, I will have the last word P e d o ! ! !

March 20, 2012 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
    • @NKBL&Observer

Not even remotely amusing. Go ahead and have the last word. LMAO! What an tool sac.

March 20, 2012 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  11. Observer

LOL! Does NKBL stand for NicKelBackLover? That was the LAMEST comeback I've ever read, I believe! And, who the he-ll uses SOB anymore? What are you like 72? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!
    BTW: I'm quite handsome. MUCH better looking than the washed-up, washed-out, old man Clooney! He's probably just another "youngster" to you though... LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

March 20, 2012 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
    • @NKBL&Observer

Yeah, get that last word in Observer. Not only do you suffer from infantile genitalia but you act like one too.

March 20, 2012 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  12. NKBL

Observer
    He's the very definition of scruffy. He has grey, messy hair, his beard is not trimmed properly and he has horrible wrinkles around his eyes. One of his eyes also seems to wander a bit. His skin also isn't that great. Look at all the old washer women tripping over themselves for a ugly, old, has-been liberal with a bit of money. Pathetic.

And I bet you are one ugly SOB

March 20, 2012 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  13. Catamount

Pretty Boy George is the celebrity image of a waning western civilization. As western power and influence fade, expect an ascendant Saharan Arab Islam to perpetrate ever more humanitarian horrors against sub Saharan blacks. Ironically, George and his leftist money and generous donations to monkey-boy Obama, worst president ever, is substantially responsible for the weakening of America. So George gets publicity in America and all the girl posters proclaim, “Ooooo, ahhhh.” What’s changed in Darfur? Really the blind leading the blind is painful to watch.

This has been a long time coming. Samuel Huntington previewed the issue well in his book Clash of Civilizations. Apparently George doesn’t read much.

March 20, 2012 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
    • @Catamount

Oh great, you read a book and that makes you an expert on African politics? And worst President by far is your buddy Georgie Azz Clown Bush.

March 20, 2012 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  14. Mike

Clooney looks distinguished. We should all look so good at 50. George is using his star power to bring attention to a growing humanitarian problem. Good for him. Thankfully we have people like him who care about problems in this world and spend their time and money to do something about it. He is doing what his conscience tells him he should do. He could stay home and count his millions but he chooses to do things to help humanity. Go George.

March 20, 2012 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  15. ClooneyIsOrganizedCrime

I'm going to say this once and you had better listen:
    This man isn't a good person.

He not only has committed or contributed to hate crimes here in the US against whistle blowers, but has also stalked unwary private civilians in harassment because they oppose what he stands for politically.

When a celebrity pushes himself so much in the face of United States citizens and the world and no one stops him from speaking that is undue influence over society.

Mr. Clooney's forced influence on American society is cause for legal issue.

He keeps begging tax dollars from our poor Americans to aid poor Sudanese.

That is a legal question of treason.

This alleged American citizen asking other Americans to harm their fellow citizens by deprivation to feed and aid foreign citizens in another nation – and another nation of Islam.

How many other nations will benefit from necessity of life because George Clooney's influence has caused deliberate or purposeful ethnic cleansing of United States citizens here on domestic soil?

That's something you need to think carefully about before you sign on your name to his cause.

Because I'm one that will fight him in Court for intentionally depriving me and my family while he begs for more tax dollars abroad.

March 20, 2012 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
  16. Beth Wiehe in Burbank,CA

He does nothing for me... I can only get beefy girls.

March 20, 2012 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  17. roy

He called his press agent.

March 19, 2012 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Matt

@HowlinWolves do you think Clooney really needs anything to boost his career. He's standing up for something he believes in. I guess the rocket attack he was in while in Sudan is corny as well?

March 19, 2012 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  19. mike

Who'd George Clooney call after his arrest? answer who cares. with al the stuff going on in the world now who cares what he thinks or what he does. this is the problem with this country we follow these people and listen to what they think about thing that control our lives. do i care what he thinks....NO. does he make good movies....YES(some anyway). But beyond that who the f*&^ care's what he thinks or does. george stop playing the bleeding heart liberal and start makeing movies.

March 19, 2012 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  20. AndyM

George Clooney is a liberal, left wing, limp wristed liberal. He needs to go with the rest of Hollywood. Its a shame I supported him. I shall never see another one of his movies again. I hope he rots in hell.

March 19, 2012 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Marty

When did Clooney ever need to do anything to boost his career? You are pea green with envy, that's all. I'm surprised that supposedly grown-up men, like yourself, want to say catty things about Clooney. I has nothing to do with you. Perhaps if you could find more things in your life to keep you busy, it would help. Sounds like you need a shot of self-confidence.

March 19, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Pat

They can stop killing them and starving them, but Clooney has to meet them halfway on the rape...

March 19, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  23. JJ

OH BOO HOO...........

March 19, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  24. HowlinWolves

Okay folks....can you all say CAREER BOOSTING PUBLICITY?!?!?! Clooney's arrest is such a cliche. What could be safer than getting arrested at a rally? He knew there was going to be no jail time and no major fine? Think about it folks.....Clooney has been a marketing master since the moment his career started. This is soooooooooooooooo corny! He's just a cheeseball raising his per film charge. The media are just suckers giving him more press than he ever could buy. Clooney has never made a move in his career that hasn't been carefully planned....including this little headline-grabbing arrest.

March 19, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Dan Sveaver

Ghostbusters?

March 19, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Sam

Who gives a rats a$$ about the Sudan. Why can't someone march or protest about the $4.15 per gallon of gas???

March 19, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Gloria

well, George, my cell phone is turned on and fully charged just like myself...give me a call when you're ready..smooches :)

March 19, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  28. James

And after his arrest he drank $1000 bottles of wines with his friends & they all patted each other on the back for what a great job they did. Egotistical narcissistic freaks !

March 19, 2012 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Karvictho

Really? How do you know that? And I mean, how do you know... not what do you imagine. That's not good enough. Be honest, that's the lord's way.

March 19, 2012 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Karvictho

Observer... since you are soooo underwhelmed by Mr. Clooney why are you spending time on him? I don't get it. Life is short, in case no one told you. So, wouldn't it be better for you personally to spend it thinking about someone/thing which gives you pleasure and happiness? I expect there are many things you could do other than b__ching about Clooney, even if you happened to be homebound or incarcerated. Like, you could read more and learn how to make constructive comments. Comments on the actual story rather than your personal opinion about someone's appearance, I'm just saying... you could get a life.

March 19, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  30. SKY

FACT: YOU HAVE TO KNOW, "WHEN TO WALK AWAY".
    NEITHER HE OR US CAN SOLVE THE PROBLEMS IN SUDAN.
    THIS COUNTRY IS 70% MUSLIM. THEY ARE KILLING THEIR OWN
    GOVERNMENTS CONTROL WHAT HAPPENS IN THEIR COUNTRY....IF THEY CHOSE
    TO WIPE THIER COUNTRY OFF THE MAP-WE HAVE TO ALLOW THEM TO DO THIS.
    AND TURN OFF THE NEWS.

March 19, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • karvictho

Yes, it is complicated, however the answer isn't as simple as throwing up one's hands and saying... "Oh, well, they must want it that way." There are many people from that country who don't want it taken over and destroyed. Unfortunately, they are powerless to do anything about it since they are poor, don't have guns, etc. You have only to look at the middle east countries in which there was the Arab Spring uprising against tyrannical governments to see how difficult it can be to change a ruthless government even when people are better off financially and educationally than the Sudanese. Tonight on tv will be plenty of news stories about the Syrian government killing women, children, babies, old people in order to put down the protests of all the Syriens who are tired of being robbed and kept out of the political process. Clooney believes that when there's a will there's a way. The problem is finding the will amongst those in the international community.

March 19, 2012 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  31. juniel

YOU ARE SICK!!!!!!!!!

March 19, 2012 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  32. justicefor7

URGENT – Please read more about VERIZON. Things they don't want the public to know! I was tormented by racial comments that were ignored, then racially discriminated against and wrongfully terminated for making complaints about the racial injustice.

Please visit my Blog Page to see what Verizon did to my family. What they have done to my family, and continue to do is horrific. Today they still will not accept responsibility. So I will not stop this FIGHT for JUSTICE! It has been 8 years and I refuse to give up!

You can read my stories about what VERIZON did to my family by GOOGLING:
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Cover Letter”
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Press Release”
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Requesting Criminal Punishment”

From there you can access the other letters through the recent post.

I am a man who has stood up against racism, discrimination, bullying, harassment, hostile environment, belittlement, threats, and retaliation, all while working for Verizon Communications, as they conspired to terminate me.

I am a man who is trying to hold his family together while in the process of trying to fight for my rights to be heard. I am a man who has brought up his family on morals, discipline, character, hard work, dedication and conviction to believe that good things happen to good people. I am a man who could not be more proud of my family for all their trust and faith in my conviction. I am man who is a proud servant in my community and deserves to be heard, as I am begging for JUSTICE!

I have learned that: “If you have no Money, A lot of Power, unlimited amount of Connection and resources, you have no chance at receiving justice within our country!

Even though I know this to be true, that justice of only for the few, I refuse to allow Verizon to beat me! I will fight them until I die. I will never give up, I will let the world know of the abuse I suffered and the lack of justice I have received.

Neal W. Dias

March 19, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  33. toadears

Don't find him attractive at all and can't stand all these sucking up hero worshipers. But he is right about the abuses in Darfur. That is actually a lot more important than his clothing or haircut.

March 19, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  34. PG

All that effort for that country put forth the same effort right here at home that we need to help straighten the mess up we have here.

March 19, 2012 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  35. GaPeach

Does he have a movie coming out? Very smart man!!! No way could you get that much publicity otherwise for $100.00

March 19, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Maryann

@Observer: I think you are actually a closeted gay man who was once rejected by someone who looks like George Clooney, and you never did get over it, did you?

Sad.

March 19, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Mary

Actions speak louder than words. I may not agree with all of his political views but i respect his willingness to help those less fortunate.

March 19, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Observer

Weirdo froot-bag!

March 19, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  39. JEHSEA

I used to think George Clooney was good looking. Now I think he has a beautiful soul, and that is SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT. Now, I LOVE ALL OF GEORGE CLOONEY.

March 19, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Bukoo

Headline News: George Clooney Marries a Darfur women and moves to Darfur to start a Hollywood style production company. He leaves behind Millions of angry American woman who ask, WHY?
    His answer..."It felt like the right thing to do, and we love each other"...

March 19, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Dr. B

When 50 years old you reach, look as good, you will not, hmmm?

March 19, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Name*gbby

Good for you George. This world needs more George Clooney's. Thank you Mr. And Mrs. Clooney for raising such a good son.

March 19, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Onwudi Eucharia

You guys are nuts. Instead of listening to the point he was trying to point out that lead to his arrest. You are here skinning him alive.wishing him bad luck forgetting that one bad turn deserves another.

March 19, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  44. 100 year old colored fella

da nurse yells at me today in da ol folk home cause'n my bedpan fills al da way to da top.
    I tells her nots to yells at me an nots to disrepects da 100 year colored fella.
    she keeps yelling so I grabs da bedpan an whacks her long' sides da noggin real good.
    dis nurse no good. she big black an sassy. I tells her nots to be big black an sassy an she threatn to sit her big behin on me. lord hav mercy. save me chiluns

March 19, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  45. OldFart

Man is he looking OLD!!!

March 19, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • AverageLookingKentuckyCornpone

He's starving United States citizens by his actions and undue influence over our society begging for tax dollars instead of feeding our own.

He is my mortal enemy because of this – he is robbing me of my tax dollars when my refrigerator is empty and taking food from my United States soldier son that serves you on this day in the United States Armed Forces.

Exile this average looking male that cannot act – he's a threat to national security.

March 20, 2012 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  46. EJ

Gee Richard – I guess we can now say the same thing about you that you just stated below about the Republicans! Way to make their point!
    It's amazing how many repukelicans can take a story about atrocities and make it about democratic politics. You repuklicans are the ones who keep bending over and grabbing your ankles for your party. Your repukelican party is on its way to the biggest loss its ever seen. Keep your inept, immature, insane dumb remarks to yourselves. We know you people are not very intelligent or literate. We know your opinions, and we are so glad your party is so $crewed-up!

March 19, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  47. squawks

I applaud Mr. Clooney and all of those actors and the rich who champion causes, especially with money.

I would like to be in the same category. However, if I was arrested, I could not get a job.

March 19, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  48. randomglobal

Thank you George and Nick, for bringing attention to the atrocities taking place in Sudan. Boo to the haters!

March 19, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |

ClooneyIsOrganizedCrime

I'm going to say this once and you had better listen:
      This man isn't a good person.

Mr. Clooney's forced influence on American society is cause for legal issue.

He keeps begging tax dollars from our poor Americans to aid poor Sudanese.

That is a legal question of treason.

March 20, 2012 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  49. bill henschel

George-shut the hell up and just make a good Ocean's 69 movie.

March 19, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Bianca

I guess he will do for now. Now that US and Israel had to swallow hard and admit that Iran not only does not have a nuclear weapons program, but also has never made a decison to have one. And in the same news cycle, that saw our dear "rebels" in Syria go on a terrorist spree, planting bombs in cities - with many innocent dead and wounded. I guess, it will be hard to swoon over those "rebels" just defending themselves from bad regime, while happily applying Al-Qaeda training to terrorize the country. The media had to pipe down the spin. And with Afghanistan latest case of mission accomplished - it is time for an aging actor to provide some much needed "humanitarian" angle. Whatever the cause, it will do. He can do it credibly. Being much better actor then Angelina, he is our man. While Angelina gets regularly booed outside US - George may be more likeable. There are plenty of real or imagined causes all around the world, and media needs to feed its 24-hour news cycle, especially when the rest of the headlines are really bad.

March 19, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • XACTOMUNDO

Geez... I sure wish I had all the real truth in hand like you do. Must be a burden for you to be so intelligent and in-the-know...

March 19, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  51. BobbaFett

He's a coward. Protesting in America is a joke.

March 19, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Indi_for_US

It's easy when life and health isn't at risk...but celebrity heroes are a dime a dozen. Some money, some photo ops, and boom – you're the leader of a "cause". Meanwhile bullets keep doing the talking.

March 19, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kit

BobbaFett... ... Google is just one search engine which is free to use and which will in just a few seconds bring up many stories about Mr. Clooney's activities overseas where it isn't safe a cushy like in America, Ignorance isn't bliss... and you can resolve yours easily and without much time, effort or cost.

March 19, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Haley Behre

Reblogged this on haleybehre.

March 19, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Mike D

There are a few men on this board who are obviously jealous of Clooney. Here's a tip, boys: get on the treadmill, the bike, or the track. Get some exercise other than curling beer cans to your lips and maybe women will give you a second look too.

March 19, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Scott

I have a lot of respect for Mr. Clooney for his efforts toward this cause. What he is trying to do reminds me of a line from a great song by theThe Pretender's, "welcome to the human race, with its wars, disease and brutaility. You with your – innocents and grace – restore some pride and dignity – to a world in decline".

March 19, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Marty

If some of you read the papers or listened to the news, you would know that Clooney has spent quite a bit of time in Dafur, so there goes your argument about protesting in the country. Just how shallow are some of you, talking about his skin and beard? Goodness he is 50 years old, not a babe in the woods and assume that is the only derogatory comment that can be made from some here without you thinking you look stupid, and you do. His politics is what bothers you and it would be far more credible if you spoke about that instead of his physical characteristics, which by the way are fabulous. I am not a Clooney fan, but I admire the time he and his father spend taking up causes important to humanity. I wish I was more like them. The Republican party has become very unpopular and why not, they are against everything that helps human beings, except themselves of course.

March 19, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Just Don't Get The Haters

Clooney is choosing to take his time to try to make the world a better place. Most of us are powerless against the system. Only a few people like athletes, actors and the ultra-wealthy, have the money or the fame to make a personal difference and 99.9% of them don't. My question is where are all of the big time African American athletes and celebrities? If you have any anger towards anyone, it should be towards the people who have the connections, fame or money, but choose to blow it on drugs, cars and houses and end up broke, without helping anyone else while they are on this Earth. One more thng. If you actually donate your time or money to any cause, thank you. If you do, you probably aren't criticizing Clooney for what he is doing either. The trolls blogging hate about Clooney have never helped anyone else in thier lives or they would be tearing down someone who is trying to make the world a better place, regardless of his political leanings.

March 19, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  57. jason

when good ole george grabs an ak and heads off to help the africans ill be right behind him until then i suggest stfu that is all!

March 19, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marty

I would suggest to you that you drag those suitcases out from under the bed and takeoff, but of course you are obviously unaware that Clooney has already spent a good amount of time putting his money where his mouth is. Now it is time for you to do the same. It is almost comical, if it wasn't so sad that some of you resent anyone from doing good for anybody. What a waste.

March 19, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Name*gbby

Good for you George, We need more George Clooney's in this world. Thank you Mr. And Mrs. Clooney for raising such a fine son.

March 19, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • HarryLime

Amen to that.

March 19, 2012 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • ClooneyIsARealInternationalCriminal

March 20, 2012 at 6:53 am | Report abuse |
  59. WorldTraveler

Why isn't anyone doing anything? We need to help those people!

March 19, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • BiteMeDotCom

March 20, 2012 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  60. Crusader K

Observer...LOL...how desperate for attention are you that all you can think of is to post insults and have people rag on you? That's your only goal, isn't it? I doubt you have anything in any way to say on the situation, the protests, or George Clooney at all. Attention seeking is the lowest form of self esteem. I suggest you get a life.

March 19, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  61. DC Clark

I thought Nick Clooney was his brother...stupid me

March 19, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Joe

I'm guessing his publicist......

March 19, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Debbie

Time is money. Considering he probably earns more money in a day than you have your entire life, it was an enormous donation to a good cause.

March 19, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Mammy

Phuc poor people!

March 19, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  65. ILikeRush

Loony is a good actor. He ought to stick to what he does best. He should be put in a cell with Buba. Buba could teach him to keep his nose where it belongs.

March 19, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  66. chaz

waste of tax payers money and time to arrest GC. All show

March 19, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  67. MalcolmXcrement

Who cares?? Oh, I'm sorry. This is CNN. Clooney is their hero...

March 19, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  68. lolatoberserver

I'm a straight male and find your comments to be hilariously off. Yea George Clooney is a total freak with nothing to offer.... Go back to your tea party.

March 19, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  69. KLDGBB

And just what have you and all the other Clooney detractors contributed to this country or to other countries or to our earth in general? Clooney has donated his time and money to other charitable causes both here in the USA and abroad – Look it up! Clooney is trying to help which I'd be willing to bet is more than you have ever done.

March 19, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  70. asdf

So Clooney gets headlines about Sudan and it only cost him $100 in fines? Thats...actually pretty darn smart.

March 19, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Readabook

At the risk of being off the subject, i think it is funny that someone said, 'there isn't a brain between the 3 of you.' Among. 'A brain among the three of you.'

March 19, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  72. doneman

Clooney getting cuffed and stuffed

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8K0aJR-wFo&w=640&h=390]

March 19, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  73. carlos

single digit repubic IQs came out today.....

March 19, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Henry

Looks like Observer doesn't get out of his mom's basement very much. Clooney has been to the Sudan many times. There are numerous reports online about the trips. Get somebody to read them to you, (not much of an) Observer.

March 19, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Dan

Good publicity for only $100.

March 19, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  76. ROLLIN SD

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CzLCu0Z46I&w=640&h=390]

March 19, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  77. anonymous

After reading some of the comments, I had to hang my head and shake it, but I digress. What Mr. Clooney is doing, is commendable. Attention needs to be drawn towards Sudan. Who uses rape as a form of control? Who starves children and withholds food, or kills their own people? I guarantee if this was happening on our own soils, everyone would be up in arms. I'm ashamed of some of the peoples' mentality.

March 19, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Jean-Luc

Cloooon-tang! keepin' it real....

March 19, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Coffeecoolers

Why the hell has this been on top stories section this long...while a story of a murderer and florida's pd refusal to arrest, isn't?

March 19, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Zombie Boy

"I like turtles..."

March 19, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Zukinstein

He should have called Obama, I am sure he could have fixed it like his phony birth certificate and collage degrees

March 19, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chicago7

Hey, you have a little drool on your chin there...and don't those scrape marks on your knuckles hurt?

March 19, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Spelling?

Collage degrees? Are those degrees in cutting up pictures and pasting them on paper? If you're going to get all indignant about nothing, at least use the words you mean.

March 19, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lora

Collage degree??? What is that??? Einstein!

March 19, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • asdfq

I love birthers. They allege a giant conspiracy on behalf of the most powerful man in the world with both the CIA and NSA at his disposal, and because some turd amateur photographer told them the birth cert. was photoshopped they all buy it hook line and sinker. Its literally the most illogical conspiracy theory I've heard in decades. Did he also travel back in time to put his birth announcement in the Hawaii newspaper?

March 19, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  82. dd

Meanwhile, one innocent child is murdered in Chicago each week. Drug gangs kill adults more than once per day in Chicago. Obama could stop this. Send in the troops! But no, Clooney won't help the poor and the middle class in the neighborhoods of Chicago or any other big city. His friends need their drugs. Someone needs to ask him about innocent kids murdered by US drug gangs supplied by the open US borders.

March 19, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • What dd?

So, crime in America is now Obama's fault? hahahahahahahahahahaha
      Call out the Army to stop crime? hahahahahahahhahaha

Try decriminalizing pot. 50% of your local crime would vanish, just like prohabition.

March 19, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • You Betcha!

The silliest argumental point EVER!!!

March 19, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  83. JustThinking

How much does he have in the game? Re his OWN cash, how much PROVABLE donations has he made to this cause? If none or very lilttle, this is another charade, common coming from "Hollywood" telling us how much WE should donate. He, like all of his ilk, have no Ph.D in either International Affairs nor in World Economics. Meeting with Obama was yet another one of those mutual annointment affairs, bringing NOTHING to the benefit of America or Americans.

March 19, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • charade?

he has invested his time in this, gotten with the help of others a satillite pointed at that country

it is far from nothing or a charade, the steps are very meaningful

March 19, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • That is The Point

Your ignorant post made your own point. He ISN"'T doing it for something in return or "for America" unless it is paying forward to show the rest of the world that we aren't all like the sad ignorant people posting on these blogs. To be selfless, you do things without the need for payback or praise. No wonder this country is in such trouble.

March 19, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  84. JC

@ghandi He did go to Sudan, but since you brought it up, name a conversative that has made the trip

March 19, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Agree With JC

Unless it is a GOP member of Congress, getting a free trip to Euope and Africa....

March 19, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  85. kurt

Cute or not celeb or not he is now just another criminal.

March 19, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  86. Gary S

Ok George answer me this...
    Why Sudan and no mention of Syria, Sri Lanka, Congo, Chad, Burma, or Somalia?

March 19, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • I will answer

he saw somewhere he could act and acted on on it

just a guess, but makes the most sense

maybe in Syria he does not see the next steps for HIM to take

March 19, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • You Betcha!

Because he picked the Sudan as his cause. Feel free to take up the banner. He's only one man, for Christ's sake! You're going to get pist about with COUNTRY has has picked to spotlight? Yeesh.

March 19, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  87. James

This guy is the only celebrity today that has some integrity. He doesn't know how to make good movies but he is a great guy

March 19, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  88. Richard

His stop-gap plans are no different than they've been practicing at the UN since they realized the people in those countries can't be educated to care for themselves. Save 200,000 today, they keep breeding at a rate of 12-14/1000 so next time, you have to save 500,000, then 2,000,000. Do any of you people see how the solution FEEDS the problem???

March 19, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • You Probably call Yourself a Christian

I bet there are millions of African's that feel the same way about you. Fat, ugly, breeding American, spreading your hate. No wonder the rest of the world hates us.

March 19, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • You Betcha!

I'll bet they call you Dick, don't they?

March 19, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  89. information

eff the man!
    any where and every where!
    up the revolution.

March 19, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  90. Observer

"The 50-year-old actor, who was arrested alongside his father, members of Congress, human rights activists and faith leaders on Friday, was charged with disorderly crossing of a police line, which is a misdemeanor."

I would urge capital punishment.

March 19, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Tom of Md

"Make money online" by posting inflammatory anti-left stuff on blogs, get paid by Koch Bros. Heck, if you repeat it enough, it will be believed by most of America -right? (Jesus, help us from your fanatics.)

March 19, 2012 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • ExileIsProperHere

****

March 20, 2012 at 6:57 am | Report abuse |
  91. Tia

That's great they are doing this for Sudan, but there are many countries in this world where the exact same crisis is going on – maybe they can shed some light on those as well!

March 19, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Richard

They have Richard Gere for that.

March 19, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • maybe they can shed some light

tia and crabman

maybe you can do something yourselves, you don't seem to amount to spit

he has and is continuing to do a lot

March 19, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lainie

Take time to do your research and you will find that the area of Sudan he refers to id the poorest city in the world. Add to that the policies that George Clooney is highlighting and you have a situation that needs addressed. khartoum, Sudan is in the northern part of the now divided country. George Clooney is correct. It is on track to be the next Darfur.

March 19, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  92. trumod

@crabman: Have you forgotten the 9/11 telethon HE came up and hustled to get stars and get on the air? Donating $1,000,000 of his own? He's been on the board of the United Way, which is strictly American focus. Get your facts straight before you post, Troll.

March 19, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  93. Captain Obvious

His two questions weren't questions. They were demands. If he had written them down ahead of time, he would have realized this due to the lack of question marks.

March 19, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • oldcactus

March 19, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • oldcactus

He's just another dumbocrat, captain. You have to cut him some slack, all dumbocrats are stupid. He didn't go far enough in school to learn about question marks.

March 19, 2012 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Roy Singh-Toronto Canada

Hey George: Keep up the great work man!!

March 19, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  95. danny

I am 100% for protesting the illicit and illegal thing our government does. But, shouldn't you protest a country in that country? Protesting for the rights of the Sudanese here in the US does not make sense to me. If Mr. Clooney is all for helping them out, then he should be protesting in Sudan.

March 19, 2012 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Captain Obvious

He did go to Sudan. They're going to keep killing people until someone makes them stop. Which is why he's protesting here. To get our government to make them stop.

March 19, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Ghandi

That takes guts and kahunas. These libs prefer to protest at a distance far from the actual conflict. No need to get bloody just for a cause, right? Plus who wants to go over there and have to eat that food anyway.

March 19, 2012 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Teresa

Technically he was protesting in Sudan. Embassy land is considered part of a sovereign nation. Look it up, go ahead I'll wait.

March 19, 2012 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • menoc

That is like saying . . ."Let's protest Al Qaeda in the middle of their training camp!"

You have to be alive to make a difference.

March 19, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Usman

Right on. I never thought of that but so right ....

March 19, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Immunodoc

He just came back from the Sudan.

March 19, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • pm Ohio

Hid did go to Sudan and witnessed the atrocities being committed. The US doesn't care becasue, #1, Suddan doesn't have any resources we want to exploit and #2, the're black people...The only way to get the US Government's attention is for the cameras to come out and film "stars" and Congressional Reps. getting arrested...

March 19, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • OldCactus

Another flaming liberal dumbocrat wanting our country to get in another war.

March 19, 2012 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Barry G.

Way to go, George!

You're a good man.

March 19, 2012 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  97. Rob

Well I'm sure this got a lot of attention. But I already give to Darfur. Sorry Clooney had to get arrested. But I would have called my mom too.

March 19, 2012 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Jim

Why are you sorry he got arrested? What do you think the whole stunt was for, to have a picnic on the embassy grounds? The whole purpose was to GET ARRESTED and get on the national news outlets. Would CNN have shown up if Clooney hadn't been arrested? No.

March 19, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Rex

A handsome man, yes - but maybe should start moisturizing some - and that awful beard has got to go! :-p

March 19, 2012 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • LW

Wow – what shallow people you are. Clooney's asking for help against human atrocities, and you people are commenting about his beard and skin!?!?!

March 19, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • wnsumner

At least he's not fake like half of Hollyweird. He's the real deal, and I'd take him over any other Hollywood "star". He actually cares for his fellow human beings.

March 19, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Observer

Keep the liberal hippy in jail. His cell-mates will LOVE him.

March 19, 2012 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • me

So, you are for rape as a war tool? Who cares what Clooney looks like.

March 19, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Get over yourself

Blah. Blah. Blah. Who cares what dried up old useless conservatives have to say anymore. Besides, don't you have some women to subjugate and an election to lose?

March 19, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • angiemarie

You are a disgusting individual. Get over yourself.

March 19, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard

March 19, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelli

Observer..he is trying to help others and all you can talk about is how he looks...your name should be SHALLOW! instead.

March 19, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Duke5343

HE wants another AWARD in Hollohead land – liberal left P O S

March 19, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

I guess you been there.

March 19, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  100. duh

You don't have half a brain between the 3 of you.

March 19, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  101. Really?

Those arnt really questions, those are statements.... just saying

March 19, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  102. Muffy787

What a sweet guy!! He is the only man who I think looks good in a beard. What a neat person he is.

March 19, 2012 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  103. Shannon

March 19, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • jellybean@Shannon

He is totally hot.

March 19, 2012 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Observer

March 19, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • ComSenseWiz

A tough situation in South Sudan but with a budget deficit currently running at about 4 BILLION PER DAY, obviously we as a country can not afford to borrow more money to help any other country period. And frankly, all that happens when you feed these people is they just have more litters of kids that add to the totals that need to be feed down the road. One way or another, the laws of nature always win and that is the harsh reality for much of Africa.

March 19, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marion

OBSERVER: Obviously you need glasses. You should look as good as him on a bad day. IF you are female, what is wrong with you?

March 19, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barry Burleson

Really "Observer"...you take the long way around by criticizing his looks just so you can call him GASP! a Liberal. Get a life.

March 19, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

I've been seeing Observer's random posts for months now and do hereby nominate him (or her?) for prestigious annual "Most I d i o t i c CNN Commenter of the Year" award. And that's saying a lot because 98% of all comments after any CNN.com article are terrible.

March 20, 2012 at 5:20 am | Report abuse |