Rihanna on Chris Brown remixes: It's innocent
March 15th, 2012

Rihanna on Chris Brown remixes: It's innocent

The Internet seemed to go into shock last month when Rihanna and Chris Brown released two remixes, each containing vocals of the other, but Rihanna doesn't see what all of the fuss was about.

The pop star told Ryan Seacrest on his radio show Thursday that Brown just happened to be the right man for the job.

"I reached out to him about doing ‘Birthday Cake,’ because that’s the only person that really...it made sense to do the record," Rihanna said. "Just as a musician, despite everything else..."

She goes on to say that she considered using a rapper on the remix, but "I’ve done that so many times, and the hottest R&B artist out right now is Chris Brown. So I wanted him on the track, and then in turn he was like, ‘Why don’t you do the remix to my track?’"

It became a trade-off, she said, with one remix done for her fans, and the other remix for Brown's.

"That way our fans can come together," she added. "There shouldn’t be a divide. You know? It’s music, and it’s innocent.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Chris Brown • Music • Rihanna

1. Poetry

I just couldn't depart your website prior to suggesting that I actually loved the standard info an individual supply for your guests? Is going to be again often to check up on new posts

August 29, 2012 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  2. penis doctors

I have been reading out many of your posts and it's pretty clever stuff. I will surely bookmark your blog.

June 17, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. danielwalldammit

She's beautiful as ever. It's almost enough to make a guy like dance music.

Almost.

April 17, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  4. MLPS MLM

Fantastic site. A lot of helpful info here. I am sending it to several pals ans additionally sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks on your sweat!

April 13, 2012 at 5:12 am | Report abuse |
  5. lolla

So non of you recongize that she beat chris as well....come on!

March 22, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. A-Non

You Adultsare So Funny

March 21, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. ckav

Rhianna is into the rough stuff, so it's no wonder she's gone back to him. It's her life, and none of us has any say in what she does. Good luck to her. But any girl who puts out a song like S&M is not someone I want as a 'role model' for my or anyone else's children. Then again, I teach my son who his real role models should be. Look up to the people who actually make a difference in the world, not just the music business.

March 19, 2012 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  8. DSmith

It's hard to believe there are people in this world who buy music from these two pigs.

March 19, 2012 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  9. Joe Bauer

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vALnRfYbP4&w=640&h=390]

March 19, 2012 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  10. jay

Utterly disgusted by all the women with the "oh don't pass judgement on her" replies. If that was Willie BoBo from MLK Blvd. beating the $#!t out of her, you'd want this guy castrated in a public venue. But since it's Chris Brown and you liked the "Look at Me Now" remix with Busta Rhymes and Lil Wayne, he gets a pass.

March 19, 2012 at 5:17 am | Report abuse |
  11. Oldie but goodie

Q: what do you say to a Chris Brown girlfriend, who has 2 black eyes?
    A: nothing. She's been told twice already.

March 19, 2012 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  12. Realist

I liked her music before all of this happened. However, as a women I can not support anyone who makes the choice to behind her abuser. It doesn't matter that he has been punished by the legal system, he HIT HER. Once a man hits you, you cease to be a person and become a punching bag. Yes, we as a society say forgiveness is the best policy, and I do as well. But forgiveness and forgetting are completely different things. Her actions have condoned the abuse of women to countless men and women throughout the world. Because, "it's about the music" No it's not. It's about the fact he beat her until she couldn't appear in public. And anything involving a man or women who had so little respect for you that they would raise their hand to you isn't innocent, it's stupid.

March 18, 2012 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. shell517nj

last I heard forgiveness was a good thing. so proud of these 2.

March 18, 2012 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Heather

You heard wrong. Will you be proud of them when he beats the hell out of her again?

March 18, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • jay

I wonder what the countless number of black women raped by their slave masters would say to that?

March 19, 2012 at 5:21 am | Report abuse |
  14. Bill

She sounds more like an idiot every time she opens her mouth.

March 18, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  15. John Stunley

Yea it makes sense...my exbf who attacked me and beat me in his car ended up being the right man for the job. Doesn`t this occur all thru life? That physically abusive boyfriend from college ends up being the perfect guy to be your auto mechanic and you figure, what the hey, he`s the best mechanic in the city, so...

March 18, 2012 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  16. Adrian

Ok, soooo how long will Chris Brown be punished for what he did to Rihanna???? I know that he was wrong, but I think he was punished and served his punishment. Do we ever forgive??? Did people really think that Chris Brown and Rihanna would stay away from each other forever??? Come on, people, you can't be that naive. Everyone makes mistakes and should, at the right time, be forgiven for them. No one can judge them but God. By the way, Chris Brown and Rihanna never broke up!!!! That girl Karuchi (or however you say and spell her name) and the guy Rihanna was supposed to be seeing was a set up to make it appear as if they were broken up and so that they wouldn't lose their fan base. They are still together on the LOW.....

March 18, 2012 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
    • RebelYell

Adrian – you are a fool if you really think Chris B is sorry or punished. What was his punishment – how many yrs in prison did he serve? Is he attending anger management or promoting anti violence against women? How has he changed or been rehabilitated? You seem to be an expert on Browns new personality- pls enlighten us. Study after study show- once a woman abuser, always a woman abuser. Hollywood please let this black trash fade away, not proclaim him 3x on the Grammys.

March 18, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  17. DERRICK

I GUESS SHE WANTS ANOTHER BEAT DOWN. I DON' T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE EMBRACE THAT WOMAN BEATER.

March 17, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  18. wanda

People get over it she has already stated that she is not a role modle, she is going to do what she wants too do. They had a fight and she came up short. Chris took all the blame and did what the judge told him too do.YOU people forget that RIRI had a order on her to know why would the judge do that? Because she knows what the hell happened that night 3 years ago. Need to understand whats going on its called guilt.And stop with the he beat her within a inch of her life please get the hell out of here.Before RIRI you never heard anything negative about Chris Brown and after her you have not heard a woman say he put his hands on her. so get over it ......

March 17, 2012 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  19. anna

Ecery has the right to live their own life

March 16, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Angela

@ Jim who wrote "Bigots? Because we worry the roll model she is to teens and young adults showing an abusive boyfriend is ok and it's innocent when it's for the money. It's disgusting enough that this women beater is the "hottest thing around" in the joke of a music industry but now because it's all about the money it made the most financial sense to have the guy that abused you to do remix's with. What the f_ck kind of example does that set?.....Jim, It is a good thing that she DOESNT have to set an example for your kids....YOU do. Raise YOUR children the correct way, teach them how to act and think sensibly and above all instill in them this simple value: THINK FOR YOURSELF....then nobody, mega star, peer, boyfriend, girlfriend, best friend etc can get them to do anything they shouldn't. Remember just because you and a million other people think that Rihanna is supposed to be a role model because of her status, doesn't make you right. That is just your opinion, NOT a fact. Be YOUR child's role model.

March 16, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  21. who cares

@Observer....wow. My children are very smart but apparently you are not. All I was trying to say is Rhianna is not the innocent person everyone think that she is. Grow up and stop being so judgmental when you don't know the whole story just like you don't know me.

March 16, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  22. who cares

I'm glad i'm a role model to my own children. But anyway most of you don't know the entire story and i'm not saying I do. Do we really believe that he just hit her just because? I heard that she was a really jealous person and would act crazy and hit him all the time.....now i'm not saying it's ok for a man to hit a woman but maybe he was tired of the crap. I also heard that the picture we saw was chopped to make it seem worse than it was.

March 16, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Observer

Yeah, and that chair threw itself at the window of The Morning Show studios to break it. If you are a rol-model to your kids, I feel bad for them, they must be pretty stupid.

March 16, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • heya

There is no reason, what so ever, do use physical violence on anyone unless your life is in danger. And I doubt that Rihanna put Chris Browns life in danger.

March 16, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tam

Cowards beat women. Real men walk away from the situation.

March 17, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  23. dari

Who cares? Maybe next time he'll kill her and then it will be a lesson to all of us. How difficult would it be to replace her?? It could happen overnight.

March 16, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  24. citizenUSA

Remember what you said after he bashed your face and self-esteem. Now you say, "It's music and it's innocent". Do you hear how stupid that sounds? Do you understand why? Does music extend beyond the boundries of common sense? Sorry Rihanna. You've taken a step backwards.

March 16, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  25. @@Isis

Lol. Yea, you don't say. Have a nice weekend everyone.

March 16, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Isis

Yes, whatever you say. You're right and I'm wrong. I guess that makes you "God" and you never did anything wrong and, if the day do come that you do in fact hurt someone whether is intended or not, I hope people won't judge you so hard. Good day.

March 16, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  27. PATHETIC

find other people to help you on songs –duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

March 16, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Isis

Wow..lmao. I see torches and pitchforks. Relax people. I'm not saying it's right what he did, nor, am I saying they should get back together. I said "friends". My point is, if you can't forgive people what does that say about our society? You can't walk around with hate and anger everyday. All that would just eat you up and make you a miserable person.

March 16, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • sara

yes, we should forgive, but you said they can make better friends that a couple. really???? No, no hate or anger, but the truth is the truth, it doesn't mean you have to hang out or do business with the person that humiliated and hurt you.
      When you are involved with someone, you are also their friend. So that certainly didn't work out well, either way. I guess what we are all saying is, with an experience like that with someone, you just move on and make new "friends".

March 16, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Isis

These bloggers live by that. So ready and free to judge others yet they avoid judgment on themselves.

March 16, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Observer

A trash coward with a REALLY H-U-G-E shlong, you mean! Google it, it's true!

March 16, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  30. Really?

Just another idiot woman who wants to be abused and gets what she wants, and a trash coward who gets off on violently dominating women

March 16, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  31. ROLLIN SD

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CzLCu0Z46I&w=640&h=390]

March 16, 2012 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • jellybean@ROLLIN SD

enouth already. if you are going to plaster video clips all over the place, at least make them funny or interesting instead of this nonsense.

March 16, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  32. Big Daddy Cool

Nutcases...Cpmplete. Total. 100%. Pure. Unadulterated. Nutcases.

March 16, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  33. Isis

I don't get it. Why all the uproar? They're just making a song or two together. Maybe he changed or working on it. Sometimes people become/are better friends than they are as a couple..

March 16, 2012 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • janis

Hey Isis, what's "all lthe uproar"? maybe you haven't been slapped around and humiliated and totally disrespected.

March 16, 2012 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • joe

really? friends? with friends like that, who needs enemies. it's a sad day when we consider someone that hurt us, a "friend".

March 16, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • I can't believe is not butter

Yes its true my dog loves me more ever sense I stared to beat the living crap out of it.......

March 16, 2012 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  34. 1 2 3

who knows, maybe they are going out in secret. She knows if it's out there, they are going to critize her and there's going to be a lot of talk about it. But I wouldn't be surprised if they are seeing each other.

March 16, 2012 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  35. Malyk 10

...and if it turns out he hasn't changed, slap the b!thch in chains and put him to work in the cotton fields.

March 16, 2012 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  36. Malyk 10

When you are young, there's this likelihood you'll make some silly mistakes. However, in their own case, people have mixed feelings because they are public figures. If truly, he has changed, then he deserves a second chance. Again, if it's all about the cash, fine move. I see them getting back again but not for long, reason, societal pressure will rip them apart. Honestly speaking, we've got no right to jugde anyone of them.

March 16, 2012 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  37. M

she told the whole word she was punched in the face...now dealing with him is not an issue.

March 16, 2012 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  38. M

oh now its not a big deal, when he punched her face in she made sure everybody in the whole world saw her pictures!!!!
    loser.

March 16, 2012 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  39. joy

hit me once, shame on you, hit me twice, shame on me!!

March 16, 2012 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  40. OBSERVER

WHY DID SHE REACH OUT TO HIM? WHY COULDN'T USHER OR JAY Z DO IT? WE HAVE SO MANY OTHER TALENTS THAT COULD HAVE DONE IT? SO WHAT DOES SHE DO? SHE PICKS THE ONE WHO PUNCHED HER IN THE FACE TO DO IT. I WILL NEVER BUY ANY OF HER MUSIC AGAIN...I CAN'T STAND WOMEN WHO HANG OUT WITH MEN WHO HAVE BEATEN THEM UP OF ARE ABUSED EMOTIONALLY. GET THE STEPPIN.

March 16, 2012 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • jellybean

the caps lock key is, lets see...one... two... three keys up from the bottom far left on my keyboard. how about yours?

March 16, 2012 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
    • OBSERVER

HERE ARE SOME MORE CAPITAL LETTERS: MIND YOUR BUSINESS ON WHAT I SAY

March 16, 2012 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
    • mary

you are so right. She is a professional in music, she knows that there will be disagreements and pressures when working together making music, so why work with someone that you have already a history of his "bad temper" and abusive. She did have other choices. She states that he's the only one that makes sense to do the record with. That's pretty sad that she thinks that. What really makes sense is she not working with him. She seems to want to help him in his career.

March 16, 2012 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  41. deoism

No, it's how u end up in the hospital....AGAIN....WHAT happened to being a role model and once bitten twice shy. Guess it's once punched...u LOST!!

March 16, 2012 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  42. sarah

what people will do for money and fame. My ex told me "sorry" too, and I too thought he was great in other things. People did not see his "dark side". She has to be careful, because when she least expect, it starts with a push, or even another smack. It just catches you off guard. Unless the person gets real professional help, a couple of years later, he can pick up where he left off! You ladies, pls don't put up with that. And stop justifying it or making excuses for him!!!!

March 16, 2012 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  43. EuroTrashhh

I bet she was singin umbrella when he punched her in the face. When that song comes on the radio I can understand why he did it.
    Bur seriously, Rihanna is just a dumb spoiled little rich girl who has no idea what womens rights means, or role model for that. If she dont wanna be a role model stop trying to appeal to teenage girls HO!

March 16, 2012 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  44. Dennis

I can't believe people sticking up for this piece of crap. " He said he was sorry"...... You people sticking up for him need to go talk to some of the ladies in a battered women's shelter. EVERYONE of them will tell you "he said he was sorry" and them beat them again, and again. He will beat her again, it's only a matter of time.

March 16, 2012 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
    • I can't believe is not butter

I agree ,,that mofo is a pcs of trash,,and rihanna is also sick in the head....gees to go back and hang or even do buissnes with this guy is just plain stupid......is he her pimp? Just saying

March 16, 2012 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
    • jellybean@I can't believe is not butter

i agree with you and dennis. but it is, unfortunately, all about chasing that dollar.

March 16, 2012 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
    • hiney

Agreed! It scares me to see how backwards some of these people on here are...

March 16, 2012 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  45. yep

She's a punching bag and that's the way she likes it apparently. These people are irrelevant anyways.

March 16, 2012 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  46. Larry

Dude in the picture looks like a flat chested woman with that dress on.

March 16, 2012 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  47. Jomm

Rihanna does not have to explain nothing. Do what you want Rihanna. Believe me, the people who are judging her and Chris are doing the same things or worst (that is why some people love on belittle others who are trying to change). Sit on a board and trash talk all you want, at the end of the day, NOTHING is going to change and Rihanna and Chris are STILL going to record together and everything else. Worry about your own lives and NOT about the lives of people like Chris and Rihanna who do not care what anyone thinks. That is very clear they do NOT care what a bunch of STRANGERS think. I would not care either.

March 16, 2012 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  48. Justin Couch

I don't see what the big deal is. Business is business. People work with others that they may not like on a personal level all the time. Hell, half the people I work with I could care less about.

March 16, 2012 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  49. Ahunanya Anthony

Its a true come back...

March 16, 2012 at 6:39 am | Report abuse |
  50. Vin jay

Remember When u judge someone else,u will be judged in ur own little way.let he/she who very pure cast the first stone. Who are u to condem another man or woman coz he/she dont eat meat when u never like to eat vegetables.u gat no option than to wish dem well instead of grinding urself in hatred for no reason. We all have done wrong in life in one way or the other even worse. Think before u cast ur stone or else its gonna bounce back on u.

March 16, 2012 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

English as a second language?

March 16, 2012 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
    • hiney

Are you comparing dietary choices to spousal abuse? You can not possibly be serious? DUDE, you can't just pull any non-contextual random comparison out your ass!!

March 16, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Vin jay

Quite y'all n just let dem be

March 16, 2012 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  52. Ms. Gaines

Smh... Get over it.

March 16, 2012 at 6:05 am | Report abuse |
  53. j

Unfortunately with Rihanna's history of watching her Dad abuse her Mom, its a natural thing for her

March 16, 2012 at 5:35 am | Report abuse |
  54. Marlee

The rice cakes did it for me...boo!

March 16, 2012 at 5:14 am | Report abuse |
  55. BABA ALI

hi rihan that is the wonderful thing to do keep it up

March 16, 2012 at 5:03 am | Report abuse |
  56. chichi

they should be left alone cuz they are 2 grown adults n understands what life talking about. i think they know what they are doing.

March 16, 2012 at 5:02 am | Report abuse |
  57. Kristina M.

I don't see what all the fuss is about its not anyones concern nor anyones problem except rhianna and chris. They haven't done anything wrong and don't need any reason to give for their actions. Its music, their music given to us to enjoy not to criticise cuz they decided to do both songs together. It doesn't matter the past if they both can get past that and it not our decision to make what the future will turn out like just let it be.

March 16, 2012 at 4:30 am | Report abuse |
  58. Like a battered wife..She's begging for another

Like a battered woman..She's begging for more. Obviously, the first round wasn't big enough bruise or mark on here. She has now returned to him again for a round two special. This is why I have no sympathy for those that gets hit....And, instead of leaving the abuser for good....She goes back to him. Hey Rehyanna or whatever it is...People don't change. abusers will stay abusing and molesters will continue to do what they're good at...Just goes to show how much class she has and how she sees herself. If he does lay a hand on her again and she comes crying for the public's sympathy...im just going to do my 'victory dance' and say I told you so. I, I, I, I, I told you so biatch....

March 16, 2012 at 3:25 am | Report abuse |
  59. Samantha

Ok Rick, define thug if it doesn't fit this r&b wanna be, sorry excuse for a human being.

March 16, 2012 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  60. The Guy You Love To Hate

Listen...these people are not role models. They are performers. Maybe if you retards spend time with your children you wouldnt be so worried about what celebs do. Ok so she was beat up...did you ever stop to think of why? Were you there? Stfu. Its music. What the media prjects is based off of what you lame people feed off of. They are people and in the public eye but guess what...who cares? They can shoot each other and its no different to me than some random person. They are no more or less important to society than you are. To the person who thinks she should have ruined his career...go suck something crybaby. You are a horrible role model. Youre basically telling people "dont ever try to work it out...just have whoever has the penis thrown in jail". Rapists and murderers belong in jail and that man is neither of those so get over it. If you want to have a life...stop worrying about theirs. They make music...not domestic abuse awareness videos or something lmao. You people are so narrowminded.

March 16, 2012 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Truth Hurts @ The Guy You Love To Hate

Society is a joke now. When people enjoy watching shows like Jersey Shore and the Kardashians just to watch a trainwreck you already know there's a problem. People spend so much time putting themselves on pedestals by belitting others just because their problems are laid out for everyone to see. Chris Brown is no more a monster than a lot of the commenters here. He made a mistake, and maybe he will do it again, but as The Guy You Love To Hate said, it's all about the MUSIC, NOT THE PERSON. If you can't separate the artist from the music you shouldn't be listening to any music period.

People who consider celebrities as role models are too lazy and pathetic as parents and should just give their child up for adoption. Step up and do YOUR PART.

March 16, 2012 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  61. ChrisBrownRhianna

Love em both

March 16, 2012 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  62. Beautiful

WHO DO U PEOPLE THINK U R ?THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT.U ALL HAV DONE SUMTHEN STUPID THER LIFE DONT STOP CUZ U ALL R HATERS.AT THE END OF THE DAY ITS HER NT U ALL SO GET A LIFE.

March 16, 2012 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

Could you please translate that from Nebonics to English? We'd like to hear your opinion, but we don't all speak that language.

March 16, 2012 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
    • OBSERVER

you hang out with men who beat you? your a loser too.

March 16, 2012 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Observer

BEAUTIFUL CAN'T EVEN SPELL WHAT HE'S TRYING TO SAY ...STUPID

March 16, 2012 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  63. nate dog

Shame in Riri's parents for not teaching her to walk away from abuse.

March 16, 2012 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  64. linda

Leave them alone he paid 4 his mistake she 4 gave hm and that female country miranda lambert should be care n try 2 worry what her husband is doing the only person that can judge them is GOD!!!! no one else can

March 16, 2012 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  65. jay

While Chris Brown temporarily stepped away from the industry to try and reinvent his tarnished public image, Rhianna TOTALLY exploited the situation for her own personal gain. One week she's discussing the incident with Diane Sawyer and shortly after that she was dropping an album.

March 15, 2012 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  66. jay

So next time you get you @$$ beat, don't look to the general public for sympathy. The average woman in a violent relationship wouldn't find anything "innocent" about rekindling a relationship of any kind with their former abuser.

March 15, 2012 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  67. rob

Who gives a S***

March 15, 2012 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Frida

She's an idiot.

March 15, 2012 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  69. shell517nj

anyways back to the music. big ups to rihanna & chris. when the songs were released it was one big birthday party. Rihanna brought the #cake and chris #turned up the music. I wish them the best.

March 15, 2012 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Blaize

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhRtC0QJ9WU SO SICK

March 15, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Boccelli53

Grow up people! Its all about stacking that cash! Those two didn't come through all this mess without learning something! They are both surrounded by people to show them how to make the best of a bad situation. And they have. As for "role models," if parents are being proper role models, children won't look for them somewhere else!

March 15, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jake

Kids are influenced by all sorts of people and media. If you don't get that then you're a dolt.

March 15, 2012 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  72. DarkInsanity

Technically, it is all innocent. It makes PAPER and we know it. So now it's innocent and profitable.

Don't underestimate money. Don't overestimate their ages either.

Remember when 80's metal was promoting bad behavior? It's laughing now.

March 15, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Muffy

Haha. It's driving people nuts that Rihanna doesn't hate CB like they do. Get a life.

March 15, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  74. huks

Cannot stand either one of them and their drivel..

March 15, 2012 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  75. cas523

ri ri likes bad bad boys-–looks like back again for more this time

March 15, 2012 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  76. ovd5002

I like Rihanna's music, but there is nothing innocent about showing young, impressionable people that you would collaborate with a person who physically abused you. Nothing.

March 15, 2012 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  77. The Lorax

Does anyone realize that artists no longer have to be in the same studio – let alone the same city – to record a song together?! Chances are it was all done digitally

March 15, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  78. whaat?!?

Rhiana must be hooked on abuse...

March 15, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • shell517nj

or big on forgiveness.

March 15, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jake

Forgiveness if great. But supporting someone who obviously is too immature and arrogant to understand his crime is very stupid.

March 15, 2012 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • shell517nj

@jake. yes he was 19 and maybe not the most mature 19 year old. but he did express remorse in his music, the only way he knew how. thats when i decided to become a stan for this young man. his songs "so cold" "falling down" and "crawl" among several others were all about rihanna. he also sang at the mtv awards, "if he could take all back". anyway I 'm not one to judge.

March 16, 2012 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

or just a dumb ghetto sk ank.

March 16, 2012 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  79. betty

Time for the girl to get over that boy. Innocent as she claims or, not.... Rihanna needs to clean up her own shop.

March 15, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Peggy

Has anyone ever done anything they regret we dont know wat go threw there minds or hearts so wat if they get back together they are grown and may god be with them all we need to look at the speck in our on eye before we judge the one in someone elses may god bless the whole world and look over these women and children in syria some things have to come to pass before he comes back and he is coming. love to the world.

March 15, 2012 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Mia

If they both got therapy and counseling and kept details about their relationship out of the public eye, I see them working out. They were YOUNG and obviously Chris Brown isnt an abuser since he hasnt hit anyone else in over 3 years. Grow up people, and stop labeling that young man from one mistake. i love BOTH songs and I love their music period. They just need to not worry about what people will say. You dont want to live the rest of your life without the one person you truly love. Money is not and will never be everything.

March 15, 2012 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Raq

Stop making Celebrities role models for your children. They have issues like anyone else in life, some worst than others. My 2 kids have people they really like but know that these people are human & have human frailties. They will make mistakes & disappoint you just like anyone else. Which is why they are being taught to put no one on a pedestal.

March 15, 2012 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey B

Sadly many of her fans dont have parents who teach them not to idolize these celebs so her behavior is teaching young girls to accept being beat. He is an abuser and always will be one.

March 15, 2012 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Primus

If this girl's lapse in common sense is the result of a brain injury sustained during her beating, then there's nothing innocent about it.

March 15, 2012 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Peggy

We all make mistakes and we all learn from them i stand on the word of god and he says forgive people.

March 15, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Raq

We all have the free will as adults to make our own choices. If she forgave him then who are we to condemn her personal choices. I think she will do whatever makes her happy & money in the end.

March 15, 2012 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rihanna belongs in the 18th century.

I see what you are saying but someone as famous as Rihanna can't always enjoy that luxury. What she (or any other super-famous person) does could encourage disastrous behaviors among her younger fans.

March 15, 2012 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • keepin it real

@Rihanna belongs in the 18th century.....if someone like rihanna influences your children that intensely, then it is you as the parent who is failing to raise your child properly. Stop blaming everyone else in this world for bad parenting. We have enough ridiculous laws because of complaining idiots. Pretty soon, you can kiss freedom good-bye in the US, thanks to all the finger-pointing morons we have. Just stop and really teach your kids, if they get hurt from their decisions, dont blame anyone but your kid.

March 16, 2012 at 5:18 am | Report abuse |
  86. Rihanna belongs in the 18th century.

Music IS innocent, yes. But physical assault is NOT.

Regardless of how good or bad her music is, Rihanna is a public figure and millions of young people look up to her. For the sake of being this public figure she should have condemned Chris Brown and DESTROYED his career when she could AND made sure he went to prison. She could have set a powerful example for young girls out there. She could have done useful campaigns. Instead, she let him get away with it AND is now promoting his career. By doing so, she is automatically saying: "Kids, it's ok to be beaten up by your boyfriend/girlfriend/friend etc etc." and "As a woman your self worth is nothing compared to that of a mans."

I don't care what she would have done if she was some unknown person living in some unknown town somewhere, but as a public person you have a sociological responsibility. Especially when you have so many young, impressionable fans.

Thumbs down Rihanna!

March 15, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • shell517nj

if you want to admire an artist for their talent so be it, but the line is drawn there. shame on parents if the pop stars are the most influential in their children's life anyway.

March 15, 2012 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • andilayne

Any parent who has taught their children well doesn't have to worry about whether or not their children look upon either of those idiots as role models. I could care less what chris brown and rhianna do together.

March 16, 2012 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  87. sean

How did this women hating punk get the label the best R&B artist?

March 15, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  88. notsosad

just a high dollar low class call girl.

March 15, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  89. casper

who cares?

March 15, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Bedir cayı 43

A BEAUTİFUL GİRL.... A GOOD ARTİST

March 15, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Joey B

Does this really surprise anyone? Classic hood move. Give them some money but cant change their ignorance. I dont hope she gets beat again, but if she does I hope noone gives her sympathy.

March 15, 2012 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Bedir cayı 43

a beautiful girl ..... a good artist,

March 15, 2012 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Jimmy Jam

So why did Rhianna decide to do a song with Chris Brown? Beats me!

March 15, 2012 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  94. va.rob

i like them both. i like their music.it's her desecion to work with him. just make music people love to hear. your personal life is your matter. i'm here for the music

March 15, 2012 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Prince kentokent

Both of them are fool mostly that foolish girl, that so called infact love is blind and all dead men it real and stupid

March 15, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  96. maria

Welll a cheater is always a cheater ,a abuser will be always for ever a abuser.Let her be beat again and next time she will not get the support we all give to her the first time ,really ..if he beats her again and it is possible....we don't care ,I myself will be happy!the sad part is she was once the abused women's poster child,that is a slap in our face.

March 15, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • fretlessbass

She didn't ask to become the posterchild. People that put her in that role made a mistake. I think if people need the courage or something to fall under after abuse the best thing may be their own strength... not projecting that onto someone else that it happened to.

March 15, 2012 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  97. ImpishLisa

She'll be back with him within the year, and sporting bruises shortly after. Men with tempers like that don't just magically get better, and she is a young lady that has abuse confused with kink. They deserve each other.

March 15, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • shell517nj

or he's learned his lesson and will cherish riri and they live happily ever after. see the difference.

March 15, 2012 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

No, she doesn't "deserve" it.

March 16, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  98. NFLD thought

Next duo from them; Remake of "Hit me with your best shot"

March 15, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Blackwashed

Lets face it tv is a very powerful weapon

March 15, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Heather

Let's face it: you're either blind, a ridiculous apologist, or a flat-out idiot.

March 18, 2012 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Samantha

Shes an idiot, hes a thug. Need I say more? And before all you spring breaking 3rd graders start screaming hater, remember who hit whom.

March 15, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick

Chris Brown a thug? I think not! I dont know if it is true, but if he did hit that girl for any reason with the intent to hurt her. That is the biggest punk in my book! That is the furthest thing from thuggin'.

March 15, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Uncaring

I would not get mad about it. This is about money and $ flow. Ri knew she would get a rise out of folks to pick him for this gig. Sure he was the right man, who else would sell records with her in a controversial manner. Do you think she gave a darn about womens issues, absolutely not. I guess I would not either if that much cash flow was on the way. The saddest part is that people will love the drama and the music and will pay whatever it takes.

March 15, 2012 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • CN Red@Uncaring

"Do you think she gave a darn about womens issues, absolutely not." Excellent point. And Samantha, you are right.

March 16, 2012 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
    • @ Samantha

At the end of the day it's your opinion. You're the child if you're trying to belittle anyone who disagrees.

March 16, 2012 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  101. Blackwashed

I would`nt be suprised if the whole thing about him beating rihana up was all staged, never believe T.V.

March 15, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • moi

Right... all staged. And what exact benefit would Chris Brown receive from staging an incident such as that?

March 15, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

"never believe T V"

Or the police report that included the graphic photos of her smashed in face.

March 16, 2012 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  102. chris Omu

Haters...Leave this guy alone. These kids love each other!

March 15, 2012 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • shell517nj

an amen to that!

March 15, 2012 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

How romantic, he loves her so much that he beat her unconscious. I would usually just send flowers. But I guess a good ol' fashion assault says the same thing.

March 16, 2012 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Heather

Yes, we hate men who beat up the women they supposedly love. How awful of us.

Why people insist on white-knighting Chris Brown is beyond me.

March 18, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Tbop

An eye for an eye...

March 15, 2012 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Jen

Innocent until he punches her in the face again...

March 15, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  105. JZ

Wonder if she'll learn her lesson when he blacks out her other eye. Bet she'll really think he was the "best choice out there" at that point.

March 15, 2012 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  106. da goat

Both joints r hot!!!

March 15, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  107. da goat

Both joints sound r hot!!!

March 15, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  108. da goat

Both joints sound hot!!!!

March 15, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Mike

First.

March 15, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Early Dawn

Make that paper RiRi,I already know that you don't care what these phony hateful bigots think of you.

March 15, 2012 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Learn to Fish

Don't worry, ReRe IS only worried about that paper, she's repeatedly proven that.
      (sorry, didn't know for sure if you were being sarcastic)

March 15, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim

March 15, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • orrigionalbettina

She would have left him in the dust...if she had class

March 15, 2012 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • shell517nj

riri found in her heart to forgive Chris and last I heard forgiveness is a good thing. beautiful! I wish these two all the best.

March 15, 2012 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boes73

That's right. We are all phony bigots yet she is the one who is beaten but still goes back to the guy. You will be the first person to defend her if it happens again. Where is judgement and common sense or are you so blinded by celebrity flash?

March 15, 2012 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • jb2817

Every town needs a c_o_o_n

March 16, 2012 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

She personifies sk ank.

March 16, 2012 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Jenny

It's in there culture to accept physical abuse & stay~ this is NOTHING new and no surprise~ lookup the statistics because it's also not a racist thing to say~ it is what it is and it's acceptable in their culture along with the cheating, so she IS and WILL stay with him so no one should be shocked! Just educate your children on the way different cultures behave and get over it!

March 16, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yuck

Is this a tranny in the foto? Geez, she used to look pretty. What happened?

March 18, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rob

It's totally cool to do a song with a guy who you claimed beat you.... sad day for women and for battered women, too....

March 18, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |