Jennifer Hudson's advice to Rachel Crow
March 15th, 2012

Jennifer Hudson's advice to Rachel Crow

Former "X Factor" contestant Rachel Crow recently ran into another famous singing competition alum, Jennifer Hudson, and the teen rising star said Hudson offered her a little advice.

According to MTV News, the former “American Idol” contestant advised Crow to “just be herself.”

Fourteen-year-old Crow says those words were invaluable as she works to establish herself post- “Factor,” and so far she’s doing pretty well.

The teen recently signed an overall talent deal with Nickelodeon, in which she will star in her own comedy series. She is also at work on her debut album for Columbia Records.

Crow, who has also cited Beyonce and Adele as inspirations, told MTV that meeting Hudson was a particularly big honor, given how successful the singer went on to be after “Idol.”

"Jennifer Hudson is definitely who I look up to, because she is so beautiful and she came right off a talent competition and she won like an Oscar the next year,” says Crow. “And she is a very, very talented artist. I had the pleasure of meeting her, and she is such a beautiful person inside and out. And so I want to really look up to her and look to her when I need help, when I'm stuck in a rut or anything," she says.

Their meeting, Crow adds, "was very short, but it was amazing."

The teen is slated to appear in Nickelodeon's “Fred: The Show,” playing the character Starr.

1. nbafan

I know I am an Ugly Fat Pig so I shouldnt Talk – In fact – I should just kill myself

March 16, 2012 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Samantha

@nbafan, I suppose you are the perfect specimen of the male species that all of us women should be falling over ourselves for just a look from you? Or are you angry because someone laughed at your shortcomings? Just asking

March 15, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  3. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVdV4X2M2AI&w=640&h=390]

March 15, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  4. nbafan

My advice would be to watch the weight. We have enough elephants like Adele running around, no need for another one. Oh, and work on actual SINGING.

March 15, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Early Dawn

...Also sweetheart ignore all the stupid,no talent a55holes like some of the ones on this blog.Good luck Rachel,you are vary talented.

March 15, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • nbafan

Looks like you need to go back to the store and buy some Midol for yourself. You're probably a fat cow like Adele.

March 15, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • notannbafanfan

nbafan is a fat, short, angry kid who's small peen was laughed at by a girl coincidentally named Adele. It ALL makes sense now! :O

March 16, 2012 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |