Ashley Judd: The importance of a backup bracket
March 15th, 2012

Ashley Judd: The importance of a backup bracket

Actress Ashley Judd takes her “March Madness” brackets very, very seriously.

The University of Kentucky alum and star of the new ABC show “Missing” tells USA Today that she’s so nervous about losing, she fills out two cards - the first based on the experts’ opinions and the second according to her gut.

"I have two brackets,” she says. “One that I think will happen and one that I hope happens.”

That's the thing about March Madness, she continues: "You put it in ink, and you've got to live with it and not be ashamed when it falls apart in the second round."

Meaning Judd was a little "wishy-washy" about nailing down her picks in the interview.

"In the privacy of my own home, I'd had some really amazing brackets that were astonishingly intact for the Elite Eight," she explains. "And now, I'm just afraid I'm going to make a fool of myself."

But Judd's brackets are surely all prepared by now, as March Madness officially kicks off today.

And while Judd sets the record straight on which NCAA team is bound to take it all - the Kentucky Wildcats, of course - she also took the time to clear up some rumors that she may have recently had some plastic surgery done.

Her publicist has addressed photos that depicted Judd with a slightly puffy face, saying the plastic surgery rumors were “unequivocally not true.” She explained that Judd “has been battling an ongoing, serious sinus infection and flu,” and the actress backed her up via Twitter.

“Thanks to all asking how I've been feeling," Judd wrote. "[S]till very sick (flu + viral infection in sinuses = wicked) but staying positive & having fun.”

Her new show “Missing” debuts tonight.

1. tv online

I simply couldn't go away your site before suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the usual information a person supply for your guests? Is going to be back frequently in order to check up on new posts

September 3, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  2. Seereisen

Just want to say your article is as amazing. The clarity on your put up is just great and i could assume you are knowledgeable in this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to clutch your feed to keep updated with drawing close post. Thanks a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

April 28, 2012 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. russian single girls

You actually make it seem so easy together with your presentation but I to find this matter to be actually one thing which I believe I might never understand. It seems too complex and very broad for me. I am having a look ahead to your subsequent post, I will try to get the hang of it!

April 27, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Marie

Thank you TvNyC...and you

April 10, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. KATHY

LOVED YOUR NEW SHOW MISSING...YOU LOOK AND WERE GREAT..
    IT WAS FILLED WITH ACTION..WILL RECOMMEND TO MY
    FRIENDS.

March 16, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. TvNyC

God Bless you ASHLEY JUDD AND EVERYONE ELSe

March 15, 2012 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  7. TvNyC

God Bless you ASHLEY JUDD AND EVERYONE ELAE.

March 15, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. TvNyC

ASHLEY JUDD IS HOT...MILF. THE POINT OF THIS ARTICLE IS TO ADVERTISE HER NEW SERIES "MISSING". DONT YOU GET IT PEOPLE?

March 15, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jj

She doesn't seem the type to have work done – what ever the 'type' is. But it's interesting to see how she takes care of her face. Whenever she is at an Indycar race (her husband is the Champ), she is always seen in a very wide-brim, floppy hat.
    It may just be something to hide behind, but I'd guess it's to keep the sun from damaging her face. We don't often get to see what stars do in their everyday life, off-camera.

March 15, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. brenda

WHY DO WE CARE HOW ASHLEY DOES ANYTHING, LEARN HOW TO CELEBRATE YOURSELF, HOW DO YOU DECIDE, THAT'S WHAT COUNTS!!!

March 15, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Brian S.

I don't do a bracket anymore. It was too intense trying to stay on top of where I was at and catching all the games. It drove my wife crazy. Now I just watch what I can and enjoy the tournament.
    Get better Ashley! We need you out there... Brian S.

March 15, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  12. @Cow

Thank you Cindy Crawford! Idiot

March 15, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  13. derp

I'd still hit that harder than a pair of threes.

March 15, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Cow

Her hips are getting a little big. She may want to hit the Exercycle some.

March 15, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |