'Idol's' Jermaine Jones disqualified?
March 14th, 2012

'Idol's' Jermaine Jones disqualified?

"American Idol" contestant Jermaine Jones had just returned to the "Idol" stage in late February, when he was handed a "second chance," but reports are now claiming that the New Jersey vocal coach is off the show once again.

According to Entertainment Weekly, the "gentle giant" has reportedly been disqualified from "Idol" because he allegedly concealed "multiple crimes and outstanding police warrants."

TMZ reports that producers learned of the alleged criminal history on Tuesday.

On Tuesday night, Jones reportedly tweeted, "Awww I will no longer be on the show,"  but the account has since been deleted, The Hollywood Reporter notes.

Fox has yet to make a comment on the reports.

Even if he is disqualified, it looks like viewers will get to see him once more, as THR adds that Jones' exit is expected to air in Wednesday's episode.

"Idol" has faced similar scenarios in the past, such as when Corey Clark was kicked off season 2 for concealing his arrest record.

Filed under: American Idol 2012 • television

1. TURNING THE ISSUE AROUND..

TOOK A SHOT WITH MY BUTT OUT THIS MORNING...WE GOT IT...

July 26, 2013 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Cedricj Lenherrr

It's my belief that mesothelioma is most fatal cancer. It contains unusual features. The more I look at it the more I am convinced it does not behave like a real solid tissue cancer. In case mesothelioma is really a rogue viral infection, hence there is the chance for developing a vaccine as well as offering vaccination to asbestos open people who are really at high risk connected with developing foreseeable future asbestos linked malignancies. Thanks for expressing your ideas for this important ailment.

July 4, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. river isles condo

Wow, amazing blog structure! How long have you ever been running a blog for? you made blogging glance easy. The overall glance of your site is fantastic, let alone the content!

May 17, 2012 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. FRom

People like Nigel Lithco are whats wrong with the world today. A slap in the face to law enforcement and Idol for doing what should be the illegal thing, punishing what should not have been punished in the first place.

March 17, 2012 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  5. Forrest

American Idol is fading into irrelevance, like it or not. Their viewership has plummeted, losing under half their viewers since 2007, from 35 mill down to 20 mill. The show has peaked, and will be cancelled within a few seasons. Thank God.

March 15, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Forrest

Edit: 37 mill down to 20 mill. And that 37 mill viewership in 2007 was their highest ever. It's been a steady line down since then.

March 15, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. WisdomVS

Bhan... he has current outstanding warrants recently committed. It's not his past that's haunting him, it's his present! Get real.

March 15, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. Crank

Spurlock is a moron. So all the thugs that go out and do stupid stuff can't win....who's fault is that? Maybe if those punks would go to school and learn some stuff instead of running roads, speaking ebonics with their pants dragging the ground, and "poppin caps" and other stupid stuff, maybe they would get somewhere.

March 15, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  8. WisdomVS

John... it's not discrimination when the contestants know the rules ahead of time, he shouldn't have entered the contest to begin with, period. Crime is crime no matter who does it. If blacks males want respect they'll have to earn it by living a clean life, not by "busting a cap" on someone. Get real.

March 15, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • MAC

Crank, I don't think that you read this artical. Jermaine Jones has a job, he is a voice coach!

July 26, 2013 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

It is discrimination if they only kick off a certin group of people with criminal records and not everyone with criminal records. That is what the suite is about. Not just that they were kicked off but that other people of different colors with criminal records were not kicked off.

July 26, 2013 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • we have dating services and pros emails under the name of TeaCo

===

July 26, 2013 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Bocephus

Spurlock, youre an idiot. Bhan, Idol contestants dont have to be perfect angels, just not thugs with a criminal record and outstanding warrants. And apparently he collected these warrants recently, not when he was younger. He was an idiot for thinking that he could go on national tv without getting caught. So they televised him getting kicked off, heck yes, good for them. Let it be a lesson to the other thugs. I didnt like the guy anyway and his singing got on my nerves. I'm sure he'll have fun singing from his jail cell.

March 15, 2012 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  10. WisdomVS

Jermaine has a great voice, for a lying thug. Fortunely for the viewers, Joshua Ledet stepped up and was totally awesome! If you missed last night's show you missed the best performance on American idol ever!!! I wasn't watch regularly this season but after last night I'm hooked again and I'm voting for Joshua. If you missed his performance of "When A Man Loves A Woman" you can watch it on youtube.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-X4WkJBv5U .

March 15, 2012 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  11. John Spurlock

A clear case of racial discrimination. If you block anyone with a criminal record, african americans will never stand a chance of winning since most (particularly the males) have been convicted of crimes, some misdemeanors, but the larger number with violent felonies.
    This discrimination makes African American Males so angry, they wat to bust a cap in the judges (and the ones on American idol as well)..

March 15, 2012 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  12. Maverick

This show wasn't about talent...it was over who had the saddest sob stories: my father died...my mother has cancer...my chihuahua ran away...I'm a single mother with twenty-three children and I gave up my job so I can persue my dream: to make Justin B. my baby-daddy.....

This show should have ended years ago. None of the contestants have unique talent (they all sound alike). It's just a mindless filler until "Hell's Kitchen" can come on!

March 15, 2012 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  13. GH

My question... why wasn't he driven away in the back of a cop car???

March 15, 2012 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  14. Bhan

I think this sends a bad message. By requiring Idol contestants to be perfect angels, they're telling the kids watching that no matter how hard you work, it's your past mistakes that are more important than the kind of person you are now. It's illegal to not hire a person who has had a criminal record in "regular" jobs, so why should Idol not have to obey this as well? I think letting kids see that hey, you can make mistakes, you can really mess up, but if you work hard and are determined to turn your life around and be a better person, you can succeed. It's a lack of hope that turns many troubled teens into bad adults.

March 15, 2012 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
    • OK with Idol

I agree that one should get a chance to redeem past mistakes. The problem is the young man has current warrants outstanding.

What was he thinking going on national TV with outstanding warrants?

March 15, 2012 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
    • The Singer

Hes not tryin to turn his life around! he lied about the warrents!

March 18, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  15. ROLLIN SD

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CzLCu0Z46I&w=640&h=390]

March 15, 2012 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  16. poanjb67

There was not excuse to air on national TV someones humiliation like Nigel Lythgoe and Simon Fuller did tonight. They should be ashamed of themselves and publicly apologize to Jermaine for doing that.

March 14, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  17. SKY

FACT: THE BIGGEST MISTAKE YOUNG ONES MAKE IS GET A POLICE RECORD WHEN THEY ARE YOUNG
    AND WHEN IT TIME TO GET A JOB THAT ASK WERE YOU EVER ARRESTED OR HAVE A POLICE RECORD
    AND YOU SAY YES, YOU MIGHT NOT GET THE JOB.....SO YOUNG ONES FINISH HIGH SCHOOL DON'T
    GET A POLICE RECORD GO TO COLLEGE DON'T GET A POLICE RECORD AND YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM
    "YOU" PROTECTING YOUR FUTURE......IF THE CRIMES HE COMMIT WHILE HE WAS YOUNG AND HE HAVE
    1-2YRS CLEAN RECORD WITH POLICE THEN GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE....BUT IF HE IS OVER 21 AND
    STILL HAS NOT LEARNED HOW TO STAY OUT OF TROUBLE WE NEED TO LET HIM FIRST LEARN
    1. SHOW BY YOUR ACTION YOU DESERVE WHAT I AM GIVING YOU.

March 14, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Drew

Check out my blog, http://www.medvemedia.ca

March 14, 2012 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  19. CookyMonzta

@Tracy: You are right. You figure that, after all the mishaps that have resulted in DQs, they would have double-checked everybody's background while they were still in the Hollywood audition phase. But they got lazy, and that shows how much more incompetent and/or inept they have become.

March 14, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  20. CookyMonzta

However you wish to sugarcoat it, there can be no dispute: IDOL IS NOW IN ITS DYING PHASE! The show is on pace to average 18.2 million viewers, a far cry from the 29 million that they had in 2006. And their 18-49 demographic is in the toilet (less than half what it used to be) and being challenged by The Voice and The Big Bang Theory. NBC Sunday Night Football and NCIS are already on course to average more than enough viewers to rank ahead of them, and Idol has had only ONE telecast with more than 20 million viewers so far this year (their first broadcast).. Simply put: IDOL WILL NOT BE THE #1 SHOW THIS YEAR! Truth hurts, but nevertheless, it's the truth. This show is not what it once was, and quite probably, never again will be, especially if a male contender wins for the 5th-straight time.

March 14, 2012 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Tracy

ok I think american idol knews this already and they brought him back dramatically just to diss him dramatically for ratings. i heard his dismissal was taped and will air – c'mon that smells like a rat. what are the chances that they did not learn about this until now.All the vetting would have been completed by now.

March 14, 2012 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  22. RG Dubz

You are all... Gay.

March 14, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  23. ....Kentucky long-rifleman.....

So Jermaine is black with a criminal record.
    CHENEY, DUBYA, ROVE, and RUMSFIELD WERE WHITE AND LIED ABOUT IRAQ – $ 2 TRILLION OUTLAY, 4600+ KILLED, 100,000+ WOUNDED, the US ECONOMY SENT TO THE DEEPEST PART OF THE OCEAN...YEAH JERMAINE, YOU ARE BAD !!

March 14, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  24. deb

Wasn't Idol material anyway....cannot stop hearing him song "Old Man River" in my head....

March 14, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  25. ....Kentucky long-rifleman.....

So Jermaine is black with a criminal record.
    CHENEY, DUBYA, ROVE, and RUMSFIELD WERE WHITE AND LIED ABOUT IRAQ – $ 2 TRILLION OUTLAY, 4600+ KILLED, the US

March 14, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Borj Wrangert in Sweeden, I love Jennifer Lopez and the show

I really love American Idol, my favorite judge is Jennifer Lopez, she is class act, she can dance, act, is a smart business lady. A complete package. I will marry her anytime.
    Jennifer Lopez brings music knowledge to the show, her comments are smart. Love the show.

March 14, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sonja , also loves Jennifer Lopez

Completely agree with you Bjorn, Jennifer Lopez is the best, my family and I love watching her in American Idol, she rocks.

March 14, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  27. ...a laurel and hardy handshake......

Because of Jermaine's misrepresentions, does this mean that ANOTHER eliminated contestant can return ?

March 14, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Alex

Jermaine may have gone – but how about the judges their misdemeanors – Steve and various substances! – who is next to go?

March 14, 2012 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  29. erich2112x

Rumor has it that they're going to taze him and drag him off the stage to a waiting patrol car on tonight's episode.

March 14, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  30. saltysister

Oh well...thats what happens when you do bad things. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Idol is a joke! Most people don't even watch it anymore. The only worthwhile thing to watch on Idol are the auditions. Everything else beyond that is such a bore!...zzzzzzzZZZZZZ!

March 14, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Mammy 2 Shoes

He will be singing love songs to his man in prison soon… It won’t be a microphone he is putting up to his lips…

March 14, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Newt Gingrich

A black man with a police record?

You'd think that would just be assumed in this day and age.

March 14, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Bill Amesse

That is why it is very important to be truthful.

March 14, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Martoon Gee

THUG LIFE
    can u digit

March 14, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  35. T

Sorry about his case he is a mommy boy but soon he will be papa girl.........

March 14, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Everyone that owns a TV

@Mimi..
    That is exactly what everyone wants. I wants to see Seacrest try to tell that 300 lb black man he has the right to remain silent and anything you say can.....SNAP!
    DO IT!

March 14, 2012 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Mimi

Do the producers really have to confront him on the show about this? Why can’t they just fire him and let him go away quietly instead of on live TV? What if he turns angry on the show when they confront him and he snaps Ryan’s neck? Seems like an unpredictable and tacky thing to do.

March 14, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  38. anon-i-mouse

I watch the show regularly and have since Season 5 (except I hate the auditions and don't watch those). I think it's a lot of fun. HOWEVER, I am also watching The Voice this year for the first time and find that the contestants on that show are MUCH more talented than on Idol. I think that since Idol focuses as much on image and "the whole package" rather than on talent, they end up with lesser singers.

My 2-cents.

March 14, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Babs

They are planning on combining an episode of Cops with American Idol.

March 14, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Dave

I'm just thinking that this won't be good for American Idol.

They have never taped them confronting the Idol about their past and now they are going to take the "Gentle Giant" and out him as a violent black man for everyone to see. Stereotype anyone? Let's see how bad it looks and if Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson get in on the act. Maybe Ryan can get a few Sorry masters and tears out of him just to boost the ratings some.

March 14, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wanda

Yep since the guy is black Jessie and Al will show up I have no doubt. Do whites also have a Jessie and Al? Just wondering.

March 14, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Karen

I find it funny you can't have a criminal record prior to being an idol but look at how many of the "idols"(not American idol, but movie stars, singers, sports players, etc) of our kids have a criminal record.

March 14, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Babs

I like the show because I like watching knuckle dragging, fried chicken eating, crack smoking, propery value lowering, ghetto living, old lady robbing, watermelon seed spitting, ebonic speaking, hub cap stealing, mombo lipped j!ggaboos....anyways.

March 14, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  43. RICHARD

Scandal & controversy are bread & butter in Hollywood ESPECIALLY when it's contrived.
    hmmm
    Consider that Mr. Jones was added back as a 13th contestant, an odd number, an EXTRA SLOT.
    Consider that all other contestants had been considered and suitable slots filled.
    Consider that Mr. Jones isn't that good anyway.
    Consider that Mr. Jones was already evaluated by background checks. You think they didn't know?
    hmmm
    Consider that Idol ratings need a little boost. What better way to do it.

March 14, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Don

They are probably recording whoever was eliminated last week doing a song as we speak, so they can edit it into the broadcast, and instead of showing Jermaine being kicked off the show on the air, they'll just say, "Jermaine had to leave the show, so we brought you back"

March 14, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  45. funny mofo

He should've never been brought back in the first place. He should've never even gotten a ticket to Hollywood. He s&@ks! Can't sing worth a damn. There were a couple of contestants that should've gotten a second chance over that fool.

March 14, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  46. martha focker

Just stop it you know race card who even says that. i know that some of you are stuck in the past but yo9u have a close family member who is dating someone outside of there race really.

March 14, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Patt H

Suesark is one of the few people that makes sense!! You are right Suesark. It's time for the racist knuckleheads in this country to 'GET OVER IT'!!!

March 14, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  48. m

I say give him a chance, if it was the NFL he would still have a job. Just saying.

March 14, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Master

Glad he is gone. If I wanted to see a big sweaty black man I would look in my fields.

March 14, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • c

'Master' I know you are not white and you are just trying to start trouble. So pitiful

March 14, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Master

That is preposterous! I am so white I am nearly translucent. The mere utilization of a word like translucent clearly demonstrates I am not black.

March 14, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sarge

lol

March 14, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Debbie

We need to be nicer than this to people. This is a sad situation. Yes he made mistakes. We do not have to be this rude. People should no better than this.

March 14, 2012 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  50. c

I am so glad, he is a mommas boy

March 14, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Alex

Hey everyone check out the VOICE! This show is pulling in good rating; must see!

March 14, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • babs

Love the voice. we watch them both.

March 14, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dottie

Don't care for the Voice at all. I try but I don't like the reviewers. I love this type of show but this one just turns me off for some reason. So that is what the surfing button is for.

March 14, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  52. DJ DONNIE

I thought when you are wanted by the cops...that you try to stay OUT OF THE PUBLIC EYE!!! What a Dumb-Ass!!

March 14, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  53. be quiet

he was leaving soon anyway. seriously, his monotone, off key voice was terrible. how did he even make it to the live shows? glad he's gone.

March 14, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • babs

Amen. Couldn't stand to listen to him whimper about his mom and cry one more week. Glad he's going.

March 14, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  54. marie smith

I think Jermaine was going to voted off next anyway. I cannot believe he has an arrest warrant and went on national tv. Just plain stupid. One of his arrest included violence. And he is a mamas boy. Ugh

March 14, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Joey B

Dat ni@@a owe me fitty dolla!

March 14, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tree

Joey B.
      Why there is always a foolish person on this post making comments like that. A lot of people dont like that kind of language . If you think is was funny it was not...... Some people always want to play the race card and you are one of them. It is wrong and nothing will make it right.

March 14, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey B

Tree... Do u knows dat ni@@a? U tell hims to git ats me wit da fitty or i is gunna be mad

March 14, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tree

Joey B, if i mis understood sorry, but I still don't like that language ...........

March 14, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Mandy

Lol at the people who find AI a pointless show yet they want to pitch in their 2 cents about this story..go run out in traffic if you have nothing else to do. Ohh and to the person playing the whole race card saying it's all white people now..obviously need to turn on their tv tonight and see there are other races competing..instead they draw their conclusion by seeing pic and name of guy that is disqualified because of his criminal history. I'm sick of people playing the race card..it's annoying as f!ck.

March 14, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay rock

Tired of minorities getting screwed over so much, that is annoying. Tell you what you work on not accruing over minorities and I will tear up every race card.

March 14, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • c

Well said Mandy. But, I enjoy AI because it is one show the whole family can watch together. The people to pull the race card obviously have never met the judges. AI previous winners have been from all kinds of backgrounds and ethnicities. I think Jessica is beyond talented and may possibly win

March 14, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Jessica

I think it's funny how every person other than the white race pulls the race card out because someone gets voted out that's not white. There were plenty of white individuals that didn't get voted on to the show. Seriously starting to get sick of the race issues in America...People you need to get over yourself and move on!!!! P.S. Idol is still a great show, however they need to do better with song choices!!

March 14, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • George

Jessica could not have said it better. If they excell in life they don't want you to notice the color of skin but one screw up and they cry "it is only because of my skin color". Other times don't notice my skin unless it suits my purpose. Sickening.

March 14, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Grasshopper

Wow, Jermaine Jackson looks so different with a beard.

March 14, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Ingrid

It's very disappointing that this has taken place this way. I wonder why the father went to TMZ with that B.S. The media is just making news, any kind of news!!!!

March 14, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  60. Ingrid

I don't know if this is Jermaine's situation but the media does have a tendency to embellish the truth!!!!

March 14, 2012 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  61. Orenthal James S.

If the microphone fits you must acquit!!!!

March 14, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  62. Really?

LMAO!
    @suesark
    (This guy is criminal, not black. BIG difference!)
    Care to elaborate? I f he's not, then what color?

March 14, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • suesark

I only meant that he is a criminal as his defining attribute, not the color of his skin. We need to get real about race in this country. I think the rest of the world is just astounded at how old-school we are when it comes to race matters. People are people, you know? Good people, bad people, white people, black people. It isn't about the color of their skin. It's about their behavior! Get it?

March 14, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  63. yaya

M.F. been acting like a mama's boy and is a thug!

March 14, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • marragor

Yeah – what a shame. I liked him. Hope he gets his act together. Have noticed that he gets a little unnerved when people get in his bubble - but thought it was my imagination.

March 14, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Really?

GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 14, 2012 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  65. Jay

That this show is still on the air shows how easily the mindless masses of this country are entertained. (As is how year after year, marginally talented people are overpromoted and worshipped by legions of apparently lobotamized fans) Aggressively arguing about this nonsense in an ENTERTAINMENT BLOG continues to prove the point. Sad.

March 14, 2012 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • suesark

That you took the time to read this blog and comment on it when you clearly don't care about American Idol hints at mindlessness.

March 14, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  66. Mammy

Wow, black dude has history of crime! Shockeroo!

March 14, 2012 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Taylor

People lik you make me sick.

March 14, 2012 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Tara

IGNORANT COMMENT!!! why even post anything honestly.

March 14, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Ramona T

I agree with Taylor! CRAZY RUDE COMMENT!!

March 14, 2012 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Shaquisha

OH!! Na-uh ya di-ent!!

March 14, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mandy

@ Shaquisha, tell me...what language is that?

March 14, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Randy

But it be cause I be black. Jus cuz I'z a criminal and lied to b hurr I should gets to stay cuz I be black. I shouldn't have to go by da rules. Kno wha I'm sayin

March 14, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dottie

Color of skin should be so irrevelant. But in this day and age no one is color blind as they should be with a show like this one. Some even count the number of people with different skin color. So boring and useless. Mayge this young man should be given a chance anyway. Are any of us perfect?

March 14, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Debbie

That comment was not necessary. The situation is a sad one.

March 14, 2012 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  67. John

Who really cares ! The show is dead man walkin

March 14, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • babs

yet you read the story and come in here to comment about it. ... interesting...

March 14, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Gus

Lloyd, you don't know what "average" means, do you?

March 14, 2012 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

Gus, I do believe that Lloyd was trying to make a point by illustrating it with absurdity.

March 14, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Erik

As someone else already pointed out, you can definitely have 70% of people above or below an average, because the average, or mean, isn't necessarily directly in the middle of all samples in the group. It can easily be pushed up or down the range by large or small values. Example, a group has the following four values: 1,2,2,10. The average is then 3.75. As you can see, 75% of the group is below the average. You are thinking of the median, which is always in the exact middle of all samples in a group. So, Lloyd understands averages. You, however, do not.

March 14, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Angel03

You have warrants and go on national tv?? Boy you are real smart!! He would have went home soon anyway..

March 14, 2012 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Murdering the language

He would have "went"?? Please revisit 3rd grade. Provide proof of advancement before posting another single post.

March 15, 2012 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  70. Cindyb62

Wow! Well there goes the show to a all white show, the one other black kid better not have a stain, because he will be removed! Lol.....

March 14, 2012 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • cherry

cindy b62...agree with you,soon they will be voted out,they will let all whites to stay..they voted out jeremy with a good voice and they let the two white ladies to stay...my gosh these two cant sing,it is crystal clear they cant sing...and for sure they will remove jessica sanchez soon...wanna bet...

March 14, 2012 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • suesark

Excuse me? Care to talk about Deandre? Or Joshua? And what about some past successes: Reuben, Fantasia, Jordin Sparks, Jennifer Hudson? And many, many others. Don't pull the race card just yet. This guy is criminal, not black. BIG difference!

March 14, 2012 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Rocket

Hee Jun Han, Jessica Sanchez, Deandre Brackensick, and Joshua Ledet aren't white.

March 14, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • babs

Yea..... right..... black.... that's the reason.... sure.
      really, evolve already. not everything is about race.

March 14, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Randy

stop acting like uncivilized apes and you won't get disqualified and have to make race excuses. That is getting old

March 14, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rita

God!!! can we please have a break from this constant race crap? I get so sick of it. I hardly noticed his skin color but liked his deep voice. Being black has zero to do with his being sent packing. They are suppose to report their criminal past to the judges. He didn't and was caught. Case closed Now shut the pie hole about race.

March 14, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Debbie

Race or color has nothing to do with this.

March 14, 2012 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • How typical

It's not a (sic) all-white show you bigot. Nice try with the race card. I imagine you use it – every – day.

March 15, 2012 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  71. Lachellz

C'mon American Idol... is it really that much trouble to do background checks on the contestants BEFORE you let them compete as a finalist?! What a waste of time.

March 14, 2012 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • STLgirl

Exactly! Who does the background checks for THIS show was my question after reading this!?

March 14, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • tracy

Do u really believe that they are just learning this info now ?? when they brought him back they brought him for this reason to dismiss him dramatically. this is a set up.

March 14, 2012 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Debbie

He used different names

March 14, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Lloyd DeMoss

Hey Stern how many ways anyway. Over 70% of all people are dumber than average anyways.

March 14, 2012 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Keyan

70% of people are dumber than the average...since you can't have more than 50% either less or more than the average, which is right in the middle, I guess we know which side you fall on.

March 14, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ajax

@Keyan
      Ummmm when you are talking in terms of mean (average), you most certainly can have more than 50% of a sample be above average. Now median on the other hand is an equal 1:1 ratio. So I guess we know which side of average you fall on.

March 14, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Babs

No such word as "anyways".

March 14, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ajax fails yet again

Nobody said anything about a "sample", Ajax. There's nothing like altering the wordage to satisfy your own ego, eh?

March 15, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  73. Mary

Why am I not surprised. Having arrest warrants out for him, I'd think being on national television would be rather risky.

March 14, 2012 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • JENNIFER LOPEZ IS PRICELESS.....................

She is the most beautiful woman and she is loved very much in South America, and the rest of the world. She gets pay millions to perform in front of millionaires. That’s major, as a Latina woman I am very proud of her and her accomplishments. Some people can not just accept the fact that she is so beautiful, caring and talented lady.

March 14, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Art Vandolaye

Seacrest said he has 4 outstanding arrest warrants on him. 4 !!! Ok, I guess I should not be surprised given the avg black man in America has 3 arrest warrants.

March 15, 2012 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  74. Mike

Cracks me up all the people that say nobody watchs anymore ratings are plummeting but the idiots still read blogs and articles on it. LOL I still enjoy the show and it is a long way from being on the bottom of the viewing list. Still number one in most markets. Will it eventually go of course. But like everything else if you don't like it tyurn it off

March 14, 2012 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Loopman

@ Mike, I couldn't agree more. That's why people have a remote in their hand. If what you're watching isn't doing it for you, either turn it off or change the channel. I don't think that there is a lack of talent on Idol, but I do think people are tired of watching it in the same old tired format. If they could change things up some, it wouldn't seem like the "same old show" week after week. Then there's the selection of the judges. Whole different issue. Sorry if this offends anyone but Tyler is too whack to be relevant as a judge. This guy is bordering on senile. Then there's JLo. What else can you say about another washed up wannabe superstar. Tha big booty got her where she is today but it wasn't because of her ability to dance, if you get my drift. She is suffering from Demi Moore syndrome. She is having trouble facing the fact that she's getting old so she is doing everything she can to give the appearance that she's still young. Randy..... Well, Randy is just the same old Randy he's always been since season 1. The catch words ( Dog, Dude, Yo Yo Yo) and phrases (In it to win it) are getting a bit tired. I'm still a huge fan of the original concept of giving an unknown an opportunity to hit it big.

March 14, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
    • We have a wannabe here

Jealousy does not become you, Loopman.

March 15, 2012 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  75. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVdV4X2M2AI&w=640&h=390]

March 14, 2012 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
    • svscnn

Nayow thayts sum funnee shet rite thayr.

March 14, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • this ugly drunk woman is disgusting

How can she get to comment, she is disgusting. She has a cigarette and a bottle of alcohol in her hands, how awful.

March 14, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rich B.

Mama,
      When did they let you out of prison? I thought you 15 to life for castrating that guy at your cathouse.

Your Richie Bubba.

March 14, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Little Mac

N**** stole my bike!

March 14, 2012 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
    • juneCleaversBeaver

N******* had relations with my baby sister!

March 14, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • svscnn

Man I hates d bo

March 14, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • lesson learn DO BACKGROUND CHECK BEFORE THEY GET INTO THE SHOW. PERIOD.

Criminlas are all over , you never know just by looking the cover of the book.

March 14, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Stern

No one cares about Idol anyways. The ratings are plummeting and only a fraction of people watch it now. It has overstayed it's welcome. The boring, bland and dumb judges do not help either.

Time to go American Idol. Bow out with grace. RIP American Idol.

March 14, 2012 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • suesark

Um, no! I think you are wrong about that. American Idol is still very much alive, has a huge fan base, some great talent this year and has produced many successes. If you don't care for it, that's fine. Your choice.

March 14, 2012 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • American Idol is and always will be the original , great tv show

You can not compare American Idol with the other imitator’s reality shows.
      American Idol is great, a family show that my family look forward watching every week. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AMERICAN IDOL

March 14, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Interesting how on just about every entertainment story people take the time to comment about how they don't watch the show, or they don't like the show. But if that's the case, why did you read the article and take the time to comment? You're either a liar, a closet watcher, or you have entirely too much time on your hands.

I used to just watch the show off and on, because it was so cruel to the audience. "And the winner is, no, I mean the loser is...... we'll get back to you after a commercial". TV shows that do that to the audience have a hard time keeping me watching.

March 14, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Babs

So, um... don't watch it if you don't like it.
      I do watch in and do like it. See how that works?

March 14, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dottie

Beg to differ my dear person. I love this show as do millions of others. How could one not enjoy the stark reality of seeing dreams come true or crash live? I ain't no spring chicken but I really look forward to each season even if not a teen. Sorry you don't care for it. That is what the on and off button is for.

March 14, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jake

Well Stern I guess you found out that maybe you are the only one not turning in to AI every night. Don't watch – we don't care.

March 14, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deborah Bartolotta

This is one of the better shows on TV. It is always entertaining.

March 14, 2012 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deborah

He did not have to appear. He could have so no to being on the show.

March 14, 2012 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yet another connoisseur

Not to worry. Captain Kangaroo will still be available for you.

March 15, 2012 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  78. chrystal ball

He was going to get voted off this week so it dont matter.

March 14, 2012 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
    • LOVE AMERICAN IDOL

I really enjoy very much this show. Every week gets more interesting. The judges are cool.

March 14, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

This is gonna be great for the ratings! You know millions will watch tonight just to get all the dish. Could not ask for a better boost, other than having him arrested on stage – that'll come, you just wait. LMAO! Those producers are so very clever.

March 14, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • LeighAnne

Exactly! He never woulda won anyway.

March 14, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |