'The Bachelor' makes his choice
March 13th, 2012

'The Bachelor' makes his choice

On Monday's season finale of "The Bachelor," Ben Flajnik announced to the world that he found love, and he felt great.

He just wouldn't tell us if he chose Lindzi Cox or Courtney Robertson until the end of the show. But because Chris Harrison warned us to expect "the most controversial ending in 'Bachelor' history," it was pretty much a slam dunk as to who Ben was going to pick.

Either that, or Ben was going to ask both ladies for their thoughts on polygamy.

Ben's mother and sister showed up at the suite in Switzerland, where our hero was staying, to help him in his search for love.

They were there to question Lindzi and Courtney about their motivations, so we presume Ben made no effort when it came to getting details.

Lindzi was the first to meet the family, and she spent most of her time dropping silverware and criticizing Courtney for being "shut off" from the other contestants. Ben's sister then expressed concern that she may have a fashion model for a sister-in-law. (Just lock up the sugar packets in a really high cabinet, and things will be fine.)

Courtney, wearing a top that strangely resembled candy corn, dropped by the next day and admitted to "giving up" in her attempts at forging relationships with the other contestants. But she also noted that she would "never hurt" Ben and truly loves him.

Courtney also called Ben "smart," which caused my head to hurt.

After Courtney left, Ben asked his mom and sister what they thought about the finalists. They said that Lindzi is easy to like, but still needs work on her vulnerability. As for Courtney, the ladies said she's better "wife material," and has a lot of "depth." I have absolutely no clue what either of those mean - maybe it has to do with her figure.

When Ben had his final dates with Lindzi and Courtney, nothing of significance occurs. Lindzi made a strange remark about being ready to be a fiancee, while Ben and Courtney made snow angels in the Alps. I wondered if, when all was said and done, Ben was going to ask Courtney to go steady and be his homecoming date.

On "proposal day," Ben said it could be one of the biggest days of his life. But earlier in the show, he called a helicopter ride with Courtney one of the "10 biggest things he's ever done in his life." So is proposing bigger than the helicopter? And where do both stand in comparison to, say, the first day of kindergarten?

But this proposal was so "big" that Lindzi and Courtney were both wearing ridiculous capes with their gowns. Courtney had on a white cape with long black gloves, which obviously meant that if she lost, she was going to steal the Dalmatian puppies.

Lindzi went for what looked to be a black-and-green cape, so if it didn't work out she could call Green Lantern to see if he needs a sidekick.

Lindzi was the first to meet up with Ben, who proudly said that he's fallen in love with her. But then he said he needs those moments "to last a lifetime," and that those would be with someone else.

As always, Ben eliminated a woman in that wishy-washy style we've come to expect.

When Courtney came out, Ben told her that he "wouldn't get down on one knee again" unless it's forever. Well, Ben wanted Courtney to be his forever, so knee, proposal, acceptance, engagement ring, happy dance, roll the "After the Final Rose" special.

So it looked like all was good, right? Think again, as Chris Harrison then told us that "all of America" was reeling from Ben's decision.

Based on what I've read from friends and colleagues, they seemed more concerned about the happenings on "WWE Monday Night RAW," but what do I know?

Chris brought out Ben to explain himself. Courtney is "not proud" of her behavior on the show, Ben said, adding that witnessing it for the first time did upset him. As far as the other women warning him about Courtney, Ben noted that he never received "specific examples" as to why Courtney would be bad news.

Ben left the stage, and Courtney received a mixed reaction when she entered. After admitting for the 400th time that she could have handled herself better on the show, Courtney and Chris dropped (by "Bachelor" standards) a bombshell: Ben broke off the engagement in early February due, in part, to the negative publicity surrounding the two of them. Courtney accused Ben of "abandoning" her, adding she was unsure they were still a couple.

Ben came back on stage to sit with Courtney, and said the two of them are "in a good place" and things would only get better. He also apologized for breaking off the engagement, saying he needed some time apart after watching Courtney's behavior on TV.

Ben said he still had feelings for Courtney, and that he still meant what he said on "proposal day." This prompted Chris to take the engagement ring out of his suit pocket and present it to Ben, who put it back on Courtney's finger.

So, I guess they're engaged again, though I wouldn't be going to Williams-Sonoma to buy wedding presents anytime soon, if ever.

Don't forget that "The Bachelorette" returns in May with fan favorite Emily Maynard as the star. Once that concludes, the third season of "Bachelor Pad" premieres and, for the first time ever, fans of the "Bachelor" franchise can audition to compete against the series veterans.

I have no idea how this will work, but I would advise potential contestants to consider STD testing and a flea bath before auditioning.

What did you think of last night's "Bachelor" finale? Are you going to be watching "Bachelorette" Emily Maynard in a few months, or are you through with the franchise?

1. Mike

As far as ABC is concerned, I'll stick to DWTS and skip everything else. These "Matchmaker" shows have gone from bad to worse. I don't care what anybody says, I can make a strong case to the effect that Season 16 of the Bachelor was rigged from the beginning ... that the last episode was already scripted before the first episode was even taped ... and that every woman on the show was the victim of a fraud.

March 17, 2012 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. C. Rolon

That was afunny article...I don't watch the show, however after reading the article, I felt completely in the loop...lol

March 14, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mrskool

Well, i finally got around to watching "After the Final Rose" show and it doesnt bode well for Ben and Courtney. She will never trust him again since he "abandoned" her and he cant count on her to carry on an intelligent conversation since she talks like a child and plays with her hair like one. Even though they both got teary-eyed and claimed their love, their body language said otherwise. I think they'll end up on The Bachelor Pad soon ;)

March 14, 2012 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Kathie

I didn't watch this season's "Bachelor", do not plan on watching "Bachelorette". None of these couples make it to the alter, except Trista (?) and Ryan. And, I'm even wondering if they are being paid to stay married to keep the series afloat.

People should just look at the series and understand that if all these seemingly nice, and attractive men and women need to go on TV to find love, then you believe that the Tooth Fairy exists. All these people apply to be on the show for is to have their "15 mins of reality show fame". To be the next Snooki, etc. Obviously, if these people are single, then there are definite issues, and a sign that you can be attractive and not dateable.

March 14, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  5. Watson

BRING ON Bachelor PAD3!!

March 14, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jamie

Ugh... I still can't believe he picked Courtney. I don't think I'll be watching this upcoming Bachelorette. I'm not a big Emily fan.

March 14, 2012 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sassy

The "Spoiler" had it right. Ben would pick Courtney since most men think with the "brain" between their legs. Courtney is such a witch and Ben (including family) are too stupid to realize this. Wonder how they (sister and mother) feel about Courtney now since they must have watched the whole show and seen Courtney in action. Courtney lied too when she said men left her and took her for granted. No, they left her because they saw her for what she really is and Ben did too and broke up with her only to put the ring back on her finger. Sucker!!! The show is really boring by now and does nothing but promot immorality since the final four ladies get to be "tested driven" by the bachelor with overnight visits. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but so is ugly. When Courtney's looks fade, he will be stuck with her rotten, plastic and ugly personality. They deserve each other!

March 14, 2012 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  8. me

I'm so glad I read this article so I can confirm the pure stupidity I missed by not watching the show. Although I did feel a bunch of brain cells dying off midway through the article.

March 14, 2012 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  9. CN Red

Can't say that I ever watched the show. No doubt some folks find this kind of programming entertaining. But the photo alone is a complete turn off for me, he looks like a to ol sac.

March 14, 2012 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  10. Kara

He is so ugly ..looks like a rat who just came out of his hole.

March 14, 2012 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  11. Pablo

What's this story doing under "Entertainment"?

March 14, 2012 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  12. Fontana67

This show is so stupid..I can't believe that people waste their time watching it. I watched it Monday night only because I couldn't find anything else to watch. The scenery in Switzerland was the best thing about this show. Wearing Gowns to be dropped off on a mountain side and hike in heels...really? dumb dumb dumb..It's all about finding fame and money, it has nothing to do with a marriage commitment.

March 14, 2012 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  13. Janie

Forget all the mean things said about Courtney.

Simply but she is a sociopath, clinically speaking. During the course of the show she also showed signs of being on psychiatrist medication or not taking it. Sociopaths are master deceivers. But her psychotic side will show up again.

Ben is shallow. He treated the girls with double standards. He is also a hypocrite.

I thought Casey B. was going to win him over. Ben's loss because she is stunning and seems so kind. The epidemiologist was also a great catch, but way to smart for Ben. Ben is a farmer, he is easily fooled and can't see beyond the surface.

March 14, 2012 at 5:04 am | Report abuse |
  14. Yshkabibble

Wow, this article was as painful to read as the show is to watch. Was it written by a 5th grader?

March 14, 2012 at 2:11 am | Report abuse |
  15. Emilio Largo

The guy is beyond dumb. Fool him once, shame on him. Fool him twice (he put the ring back on her finger again?!), shame on him. He deserves every iota of grief he's getting over this. The very premise of the show is decadent enough to begin with, but to have a selection of women like that and somehow still manage to zero in on the hands-down most poisonous viper in the bunch? That's some deliberate stupidity right there.

March 14, 2012 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  16. DianaRose

Wow. I don't have a converter box for my old school tv, so I never got to watch any of these episodes. I only read articles here and there about Courtney's behavior.

Can I just say - DANG! This article. HAHAHA, LOVE IT! Loved the humor. Wonderfully written. Great job, James! I was about to call it a night but clicked on this and it definitely made my night. Job well done!

March 14, 2012 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  17. Ralph

And, done.

March 13, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  18. ccrizz

Ben could have been more presentable!He had no style and needed a better haircut with layers!opposites attract with Courtney all about fashion and style!I liked linzi better for him. He's dumb!maybe he should ask his mommy or sister if its ok to make love?lol oh brother!

March 13, 2012 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Fritzy

No, Ben! Don't do it! You never gave me a chance. I can do things that Courtney would never dream of. Snap out of it, Ben. It's not too late! I just loved the ring, too. I'm sure it would look just lovely on my finger!

March 13, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Mothership

1. Not sure why Ben was chosen as the bachelor – not really Bachelor handsome or successful (family business – who cares?). He seems really full of himself and naive in general – almost like a little boy "She didn't think about how it would affect ME." "She made it hard for ME"

2. Yah – pre-pubescent facial hair and greasy, tangled locks not helping.

3. He could find a girl similar in looks to the other girls on his own, I think he's going for the "gold" – model knock out that is Courtney while he's got the chance.

4. My gut says Courtney is not too bad in bed – He seemed a little wide eyed after that overnight. Men think with their you know what. I think men pick fairly wisely on the Bachelor until after the overnights. Not to say that women don't look for that too but I think women can "temper" this with reality – as for men... They pick Courtney.

5. I wish Ben and Courtney luck – I was joking last night that it would be cruel irony if they were made to adhere to their word and "Love each other forever" "Never hurt" each other. They might pick more wisely then.

March 13, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  21. sho sho

So, he's not so good looking...his sister looks like the mortician who came back to try to steel him... the girl he picked is kinda quirky, and life goes on. They all belong together. We watch the s-! That's why it'l be on again;)

March 13, 2012 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Beachylife

Ben tweeted late last night that it was over!!!!!!!! He also thanked his fans for all their love. This was on the Extra web site.

March 13, 2012 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  23. redbarn5

Yes, I admit I got sucked i to watching the last 2 episodes. Makes for some entertaining moments. But it is soooo staged that I find it offensive that the producers would think viewers are that stupid to believe it. It's just so coreographed no one believes these proposals will work out, do they? There are maybe 3 couples who have proven to have worked out. The whole show is for wanna be actors. Isn't that what reality tv is all about?? Why waste your time.

March 13, 2012 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  24. LadyVa

I agree with many posters that the men are always white, so are majority of the women with perfect this and that. Why don't you try to get real? Get real women that actually eat, men who have cultural diversity, etc. last time I checked, there is a huge interracial marriage population that would watch, sure, you might offend a red neck or too but make it real! How about a handsome guy who isn't rich but just a hard working man?

March 13, 2012 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mothership

I agree! TV Media, the networks, advertisers really don't have the balls to represent the real world (Men doing their family's laundry [as part of their regular routine!!] - ehem there a helluva lot of stay at home dads now) (Interracial couples, marriages, mixed families, people with mental and physical disabilities, gay couples!!) We, as consumers, would PAY ATTENTION to their stupid ads because we're starving for some variety and something we can relate to!

One word: GLEE (that show has been over the top successful because it has the balls to dish out some diversity)

March 13, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Italy4

I would love to see this show, for a change, cast someone other and white male bachelors and female bachelorettes . Now that would be interesting/good TV.

March 13, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Carol

Ben and Courtney are right for each other. I hope they only remember what they mean to each other and forget the rest of the whinners.

March 13, 2012 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  27. stephendouglas

Is this a show? When does it come on? What is it about?

March 13, 2012 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barbie P

I've thought it from the very beginning. Ben is like Gilligan with money (the love child with Mrs. Howell??). Cute as a puppy, but take him seriously? Not after that crash landing!

March 13, 2012 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  28. newwatcher

Courtney reminds me of something my grandmother used to say. Beauty is skin deep. But ugly goes all the way through.

March 13, 2012 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  29. vittoriokiss

Another one that will go no where, BORING

March 13, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  30. QuietStormX

I really stoped watching either show. I got tired of seeing the same thing. No Black Bachelor or Bacheloret after all these seasons and shows. Sure I love pretty girls, but no curves are boring. Makes you ask questions about these shows and who are applying? What if these shows showed more of America that is not white for much longer. Now bringing back a contestant who I think was married and has a young child. I feel they had their chances and I would not want to be a Step with me never being merried or have children yet. I feel the Ben made the right choice even thow they both were cute. I guess he felt that Courtney gives him more of what he likes in a woman and she was open and upfront too.

March 13, 2012 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Forget It

This is the last time I watch this series. Towards the end it seemed all staged. The editing was terrible. Maybe there was not all that much to work with once the best women were dumped for the two worst in a finale to forget forever. They will never marry. We already know he is not living in NYC and she will never leave LA. I doubt she will ever get a role in a film – at least not one without her taking her clothes off. He is done – maybe dancing with the stars at some low point. I will never again watch another episode. It was all too predictable and well produced – meaning all arranged to end this way. This show clearly will end the enterprise by the end of this year. Any one stupid enough to watch this show again deserves the misery of watching it. None of it is real. None of it is entertaining. It brainless banter from losers.

March 13, 2012 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  32. fretlessbass

Dude's an uglier version of Jeremy Sisto (Elton in Clueless.) Courtney... I don't know who I'd compare her to, but it doesn't really matter because that chick gotta bad case of the fugs.

March 13, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Dave

I cannot believe that this ridiculous show is still on. It should have died with the "pet rock". What an insult to thinking people.

March 13, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Me in the NW

Courtney has been so abused as a model that she has a hardened exterior, hence why she treated everyone so bad. I'm sure if she really is an average, can make a living as a model cat fights and this sort of behavior is normal. Now here come Ben, a soft hearted Dude with a sound source of income ready to take poor Courtney out of such a terrible work environment. lets do some skinny dipping, extra stuff in Ben's room. She blew her way into the best deal going for her. Will she make a good Wife? Only time will tell. BTW Biggest Looser has a higher rate of love than this program.

March 13, 2012 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  35. jj

Most reality shows are fairly harmless games. You win, you lose. Nobody gets hurt. You go home. I feel that the Bachelor and Bachelorette shows are immoral because they play with not only people's feelings, but their lives. This is harmful to everyone or almost everyone involved. Unlike the other reality shows, the end result is a marriage proposal. How can this be televised? It is as bad as the fictional Hunger Games.

March 13, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Longtime fan

Ok. Nothing to do with Ben or Courtney, though I agree with the general concensus, BUT...does anyone notice Chris Harrison's Hair?? And his recent younger appearance? I swear he got hair plugs!!! Check his hair from a few seasons ago, he DEFINITELY had the beginnings of a receding hairline goin' on. Plus, looks like he is tanning or botox or SOMETHING, I don't know if it's just me but usually people begin to age as time goes on not the other way around! LOL ;)

March 13, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  37. D Davis

I had hopes that Ben's sister and mother would knock some sense into him but, noooooo, they were completely fooled by Courtney. I thought Ben was a moron to begin with and now we discover it is genetic.

March 13, 2012 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Tom

Bachelor Pad has to get viewers to compete on the show? Guess they're having trouble getting the regular dirtbags to participate.

March 13, 2012 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Bails

I gave up on The Bachelor, Season Five. Crappy show. period. same ole, same ole. And the Bachelorette. I prefer morbid stuff like The Walking Dead. And True Blood. SO SO much more entertaining.

March 13, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  40. njoee

Might as well Book Ben on The Bachelor Pad, because he will be a Free Man when they break up! She will become Board with him and "Fall out Of LOVE" With Ben, and Ms. Courtney, will be out for Fame. She is in the Fast lane, and he wants to stay in CA, home drinking wine, having babies. No way is she ready to settle down in life and call it a LIFE! COME ON PEOPLE...... ! THIS IS A TRAIN CRASH.......

March 13, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  41. jjdecor

I don't watch the show but this synopsis was hillarious! thank you!

March 13, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  42. MahaYoga Dasi

I got sucked into watching the show c'os of Courtney. I was always wondering what her next evil deed would be. I'm sure she was good for ratings. But she was is a very shallow, unpleaseant woman. And if Ben was foolish enough to choose her after all those warnings, then he definately deserves her!

March 13, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  43. sweet2th

All men want is a pretty woman on their arm. They don't look for the same things women look for in a man. It's all about looks.

March 13, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Lindy

First of all I'm an avid fan of reality shows. That said, it's not all real. Sure they take real people and put them on a show they don't really have to spend money writing a script, he said, then she said. But for darn sure the shows are all directed For example, Courtney showed herself to be catty and nasty from the beginning and they said play that up and we'll show case you, it gets ratings. It is her personality but they had to act out all the time, right? We have no clue how much is real but in the end, it's mindless entertainment and when the show ends, on to the next!! Emily next bachelorette may be the real thing though!

March 13, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  45. ProperVillain

Ben...is.....a...total....meathead. The only bright spot is the women that he booted off dodged a bullet by not being stuck with this guy...

March 13, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Debbie

This is just sad. Whatever happened to fate and kismet being the reason people met and fell in love? I live in true reality 24/7, so the very last thing I want to plop down in front of is a so-called "Reality Show", amounting to nothing more thansurgery-successful Barbies letting themselves be pimped off to an over-inflated egotistical Ken.

March 13, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  47. moon627

This show has always been bad but Ben has made it worse than ever – he made a lousy Bachelor and it would serve him right to remain a Bachelor forever. I dont care so much that he chose that dummie Courtney, but it really ticks me off how he treated the other women and especially Lindzey – she deserves way better than this idiot. :(

March 13, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • sweet2th

I like the way Lindzy left though-with no tears. I just wish she would not have played the desparate woman and tell him call if it doesn't work out. Say what! After he's dumped you you're still willing to give him a chance that is exactly what is wrong with men today-they don't have to work for anything, the women just through themselves at them. As far as I can see they both deserve each other. I hope he gets all she is worth.

March 13, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  48. LOVE IS IN THE AIR

ITS A HOAX FOR COURTNEY & BEN THEY ARE TRYING TO GET A MOVIE ECT!

March 13, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  49. L L

another Jake & Vienna

March 13, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  50. L L

this pair is nothing but another Jake & Vienna...the other ladies should be thankful that the jack@ss sent them home. never did think he was good looking & its scary when a guy looks exactly like his mother & sister.

March 13, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  51. ...

This show should be called speed dating and leave the marriage out of it!!

March 13, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Ariel

They'll be divorced within a year!

March 13, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Brenda Hernandez

Well..........where to start! Unfortunately, I watch this show. It has a way of sucking you in. Each season, I tell myself...do not watch it! But, I do. So, having said that, this last season was the worst!! I may be one of the few that found (note....past tense) Ben attractive. But seeing his decision, I now know what I have thought all along.... men are weak and only think with their....well, you know.... This show has become a joke! Yes, a couple "Bachelorettes" found the right one, but, it was the woman doing the choosing! Need I say more?? I think all of the women he sent home should be thankful!

March 13, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • LadyVa

I was never a Ben fan but he really did prove what we all know about men...she looked good, she could be crazy and thinking might be too much to ask, but the looks are all that matters. She was plain evil half the time and mistreated people without caring. Way to pick a real winner! Hope he enjoys life with a woman who will alienate any woman she comes into contact with!

March 13, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Sue

I think we've all been taken for a ride. Didn't Ben say Courtney went wedding dress shopping to take the spot light off of him? Both of them are acting and playing us all for fools. Courtney has been a game player this season. I'm very disappointed in the show.

March 13, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lindy

Girl it's not real, it's just a fun silly show the networks have found wildly successful, cheap to make cause they don't pay stars or even write a script. I guess they do have a chance to meet someone though the odds are lottery small, but basically it's just fun entertainment. Expecting anything more is sure to disappoint, (and we are rabid fans!)

March 13, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Jesse Ream

The entire series needs to be flushed down the tiolet with my #2

March 13, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Jesse Ream

The entire series needs to be flushed down the toilet with my #2.

March 13, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Robin

Ben got exactly what he deserved (and wanted). If it doesn't work out, it's his own fault. He was warned!!

March 13, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Kenny

Never watched this "show," but did catch a few minutes of the finale. I thought the bachelor was supposed to be some kick-ass, drop dead gorgeous creature? What happended to this one? Brutal! You'd do just as well to go to the zoo and watch the monkeys!

March 13, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeannie

I did watch Ben through the whole show. I think he's a nice, quite unsophisticated young man. I noticed he never pulled the chair out for his dates [at the dinner table, at home visits or in restaurants]. He doesn't have the best manners. He also needs a hair stylist.

I wonder how all this fame, plus having to live with Courtney now, will affect him. Don't know how he'll be able to take it.

March 13, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  59. cyndi

won't be watching anymore – ben needed to see the "behind the scenes" not fair to the bachelor or batchelorette – rules should change regarding that or i'm done watching – it happened with Emily also.

March 13, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Justin Case

An optimist, I thought that after the show aired he would break it off for good after he saw how mean she was and how CRAZY she seems. Seriously!

She is like a lot of women - all sweet and innocent at first and after they get you up the aisle, they keep the guy's privates in a mason jar under the kitchen sink. She is going to be sooooo high maintenance, she will cheat on him and he will find he has less and less contact with friends because no one can stand her.

Ben should have stayed broken up with her - why should he stand by and support her?! She is a very mean and shallow person and who is so dumb that they want to stay with such a person once they realize who they really are and that they got played? And who would want to marry a woman that is so loose? Ben, she does that with all kinds of guys I am sure and do you want to be married to someone who would let anyone stick it in her?

Also not sure what Chris Harrison and Ashley/JP were talking about when they said the public was so against her. Yes, we were all screaming at our TVs to get rid of Bentley but I and I think the majority of the other viewers were rooting for JP the entire season and were so relieved when a couple made it that truly seemed to be right for each other.

March 13, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeannie

Was that Ashley [who's with JP] the same Ashley who refused Ben Flajnik's proposal earlier??

Ironic to have her back on the same ATFR with Ben....

March 13, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Vadim

Like your style :)

March 13, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Karbear

He is an idiot for picking her.... I give it 3 more months... It's all about the looks, and her getting naked for him...

March 13, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  63. tia

Ben reacted more towards the 1 that thetrew their body all over him.he must have been a lonely man!! Wrong choice Ben!

March 13, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  64. jack man

I know it's a dumb thing, but has anybody else noticed how many times courtney touches her hair? I noticed this a couple of episodes ago. besides being a liar, snot game player, she just "vain jane". I counted during the "fake-posal" last nite and she touches her hair 17 times (not including the shots that we never saw). sorry ben is dumb (i wonder if they were drinking his company wine throughout the show) she is just plain old crazy, and the whole show needs to be redone or put on the shelf. for ratings puposes, i knew that courtney would be around until the final two, just for show ratings. maybe on the next show, they should not say what the bachlor or bachlorette financial background is, or rename the show "For Love Or Money".

March 13, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amanda

....not only does she play with her hair ridiculously often, but have you seen that when she's "pouring her heart out" to him she never looks right at him? She'll look up to the ceiling, down to the floor, to the side, play with her hair...and that sing-songy voice that always goes 'up' at the end is enough to drive me batty.......

March 13, 2012 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Barack2012-2016

To any future contestants on the Batchelor: If there is a woman on the show who you and all the other girls don't think is right for the batchelor to pick; DO NOT tell him about it. Its only gonna make him want her more. We saw it happen with Jake and Vienna and now with Ben and Courtney. And probably others that I can't think of right now. Its only human nature to want something even more because you're not supposed to have it. And every woman telling Ben that Courtney was not right for him made him want her even more.

March 13, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Uncle Reem Us

Oh....da do da day ...he's Gilligan's long lost twin brother and she's a $20 HO! all it took for this loser to commit to her was her sticky ass...he lost out on much prettier and itelligent women for some LEG...shame on him

March 13, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  67. I can't believe is not butter

Winning!

March 13, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Karen

I wish them the abosolute best. I do hope it works out for them. Let's not be so negative. The pressure from all of the publicity would be too much for most of us. Unless it directly affects outr lifes than why care? Congratulations and I hope they can both work through all of this. Bigger battles have been won in our lifes.

March 13, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Leslie

So their relationship "directly affects" your life? If not, "then why care" whether or not it works out for them? Our negativity is just as valid as your rose colored glasses (and way more likely to be correct). Enjoy your fantasy.

March 13, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Ridiculous!!!!

They deserve each other. They are both dumb as hell.

March 13, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  70. Pat Bednar

Whatever "mommy and sister wants that's who baby brother well pick.

March 13, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  71. Shorty

I think Ben will end up getting hurt by Courtney. I think he should have picked Nikki. I wish them both the best of luck. I have a feeling Courtney doesn't love Ben i think she is just with him for his money. She didn't tell him she loved him on the show as many times as the other girls did. Nikki poured her heart out to Ben & told Ben about her past loves Courtney did not. Ben if you get ur heart broken by her it's ur own falt for picking the wrong person to marry.

March 13, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • fretlessbass

haha... she told me she loves me. That is something way more evident in your day to day interaction with your significant other (though nice to hear) definitely can be overdone and therefore loses it's potency.

March 13, 2012 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  72. B

Ben is a complete tool. No respect for him or Courtney– don't put yourself on TV and act stupid if you don't want to be judged. Good luck to Ben– he's gonna need plenty of it.

March 13, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  73. Cooks

Ben kept reiterating that he wanted a girl who is strong and confident. Sorry......but I fail to see that in Courtney. Instead I see her as being a narcissist and immature.

March 13, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  74. Anita

I'm thinking...this show needs to die. It's soooo staged and fake that it's unbearable to watch, so I don't. I can tell you what will happen from the commercials they run...and usually I'm correct. These people aren't truly seeking love they are seeking fame. Women and men jockey with their behavior in hopes of being called back to be the next "bachelore or bachelorette"...it's a crock.

March 13, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • fretlessbass

I've spoken with several friends that worked on major 'reality' shows that straight up told me the producers pick who they want to win (as if no one's figured that out yet.) But, it's true. Plus, even if it was 'real', this show has the worst history... if I remember correctly there isn't a single marriage that has yet to last!!

March 13, 2012 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  75. bgoins

I didn't watch this season because this show has drifted away from what the real idea was. Now it's all about drama, cat fighting and break ups. I DID watch the finale because of the one wicked woman of the house. And all I can say is how can he be so blind? To know what she said and did to the others and break up over it only to put the ring back on her finger. I really despise the way she was able to turn herself into the victim last night. That was the really disturbing part to me.

March 13, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  76. Valera

LOLOLOLOLOL . . .Excellent recap and comments. You brought a lot of wit and humor to this oddball Bachelor situa, and loved the funny on Bachelor Pad. Kudos!!!

March 13, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • fretlessbass

I dunno that 'quip' about the Green Lantern was a little bit of a stretch. Batman and Robin don't match (for instance.)

March 13, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  77. jurby

what a fool. i'm guessing that ring is going to be off her finger again in no time.

March 13, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  78. Ramona T

I have never seen so many HATERS when it comes to Courtney. She has women hating on her because she is so pretty and being a model only adds fuel to the FIRE! She is defending herself and has done so most of her life because of women who are so JEALOUS. As for Ben, he followed his heart, and yes he is hurting because of her actions, but only time will tell. I have to work with women who HATE on her as well. To my coworker J, and Coworker T, WINNING, WINNING and she WON!!!!!

March 13, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • T

Listen here MONA ;) i just don't think they will last.... so in the end LOOOSING(IN HER WINNING VOICE)

Love your co worker T

March 13, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • @ Ramona T

Did you watch the show and see what she did to win him over? Do you find that respectable? It's not jealousy at all. I give it a few months, tops. Book it. When they split, you're going to be sitting there wondering "how did that happen?" when the rest of us will be saying we told you so. It takes one low-life to know another, though. Ben is no saint.

March 13, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Coworker J

In the end they will never last and everyone knows that so she can say winning all she wants to but in the end all the girls he sent home actually WON bc they deserve better than him. He is infatuated with Courtney and her true side will continue to come out....

March 13, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Leslie

Another one that didn't get the memo that no one says "winning" anymore...

March 13, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • MaggieJS

The show is fluff, but we all need some of that! I would beg to differ with you on the "she's a beautiful model" reason for his picking her...There were several other women at least as lovely as Courtney, and if you throw in "beautiful on the inside," LOTS more women. Courtney is pretty, but one thing that always bothered me about her is her mouth – she pulls her lower lip under and has an obvious overbite. Annoying to watch. And she really is nasty – her regrets about how she treated the other women are so false – the only regret she has about her behavior is that it temporarily messed up her relationship with Ben. She'll do it again. He'll be single again.

March 14, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  79. pmn

This show is so staged and boring. Who cares who is picked...they will dump each other anyway. So, so fake. I don't know why people are so mindless to watch this show.

March 13, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Charlotte

That's the actual beauty of it...no mind required! I joined the party every Monday night and got smashed along with the cast. Tuesdays were always rough, got up early to see reruns and verified why I got so smashed the night before.

March 14, 2012 at 4:45 am | Report abuse |
  80. ONCEBITTEN

BEN DESERVES WHAT HE GETS. COURTNEY HAS NO CLASS. SHE ACTED LIKE A CHEAP WH*@E TAKING IT ALL OFF WITH A TOTAL STRANGER SHE WAS OBNOXIOUS TOWARDS THE OTHER GIRLS.... SORRY BEN , YOU WILL BE HURT , SAD, LONELY AND INVISABLE WITH THAT WITCH. I HATED HER FORM WEEK TWO. SHE IS NOTHING MORE THAN SLAM BAM THANK U COURTNEY IT WAS THAT GREAT.YOU R NOTHING BUT A USED CAR

March 13, 2012 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  81. lol @ dan

Yea he is funny looking with that hair. Not to many musles neither. Cute face though. If he is a homer how can he be engaed to that woman?lol

March 13, 2012 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  82. ridk

I love them both. They are the funniest couple since Lucy and Ricky. Will miss them and wish them both luck in the week or two left in their relationship.

March 13, 2012 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  83. Haircut Required

That dude, "Ben", needed a haircut from day one....Scuzzy and dirty....what were the producers thinking?

March 13, 2012 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  84. szque

Although this is called a reality show, do you really think any of this was real? People buy into this poor excuse for entertainment much too readily. That scares me. Ask yourselves, would you want your daughters to be one of these participants? Would that make you proud? Unless your name is Kardashian, I doubt it. Shows like this contribute to the dumbing down of America. And the fact that people think it is real illustrates that point succinctly.

March 13, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • I can't believe is not butter

I would let her if she take me..lol...i want to see a pillow fight

March 13, 2012 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Lindy

Are you always so nasty toward people who like things you don't like? It's silly fun entertainment, no one says they're running for president. Chill. Also just noticed lots of people Read the news about the show, just thought if it's so below the intelligence level for them, why even click on the headline, lots of other depressing news around right now. Hunger, the economy, nuclear weapons, tornadoes....Syria, the pipeline, cost of gas, ever wonder why people need a little levity?

March 13, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  85. RA

Poor dumb schmuck. Predictably, he picked the first girl willing to take her clothes off for him and he'll wonder why it didn't last. That guy doesn't know what true love is. He falls in it way too easily.

March 13, 2012 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  86. lol

He is cute, jealous men. He needs his hair cut n styled though. That looks g@y.lol

March 13, 2012 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  87. LOL AT YOU GUYS

Yeah he's ugly but did you see the girl he chose? She isn't anything to brag about, either. Perfect! Two less losers on the market.

March 13, 2012 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • becky

Two less losers on the market. That's a good one! I would like to add less diseases to be s spread around with the two of them off the market.

March 13, 2012 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Candy

ROTFLMAO @ "two less losers on the market"

Yeah...that was a good one! You guys are mean...LOL

March 15, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Art Vandolay

Dude needs a haircut. Seems very effeminate. Good luck to the poor girl he picked. He seems like not much of a catch.

March 13, 2012 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  89. Boshawn

He's an ugly mother pucker I feel sorry for the woman.

March 13, 2012 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Candy

Ben isn't ugly! He just needs to do something with his hair. It either needs to be longer or much shorter. That medium cut is not working AT ALL! LOL

At least he's tall...

March 15, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Jeff

He looks like a lesbean to me. That or a hippy.

March 13, 2012 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  91. RHONDA

I THINK THAT IF COURTNEY IS A MODEL, SHE MUST BE A FOOT MODEL. SHE IS DAWG UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE HE IS SO STUPID TO CHOOSE THAT... HE SHOULD HAVE MADE THE OTHER CHOICE.

March 13, 2012 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  92. Teri

I'm in such confusion as to how so many people....could possibly be against this woman? She doesn't have to prove anything to anybody! This is not about being friends with other girls...and they would not be her friend in the end anyway..she has support with her family and they are her friends. How Stupid to put so much...talk and blabber..all about girls. Hum!

I give Ben...hugh compliment to see through this b.s. and follow his heart...she is the best one for him...they fit together the first time together. He picked the right girl and will of course have natural marriage issues...doesn't everyone? Hum!

Love them together and this is the POINT....of the Show!

Hum!

March 13, 2012 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Teri blinded by wang in the face

Hum, you really don't know the pair that well, do you?

March 13, 2012 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Timme62

Hum.....do you hum.. talk like this hum... normally? Or is it hum....just for posting hum.... boards?

March 13, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • @ Timme62

I think she's hinting at something... you know... giving hummers.

March 13, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • I can't believe is not butter

Hum?..really !

March 13, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Leslie

Not having to prove anything to anyone is all well and good, until you have to interact with someone other than each other! As soon as she alienates the women in his friends' lives and they drop him to save their own relationships, it will become apparent as to why only socializing with each other and family isn't enough. I'm curious as to how much she would love him if he weren't a millionaire.

March 13, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Janie

Forget all the mean things said about Courtney. Their should be no confusion. She needs to be properly labeled.

Simply put, she is a sociopath, clinically speaking. During the course of the show she also showed signs of being on psychiatrist medication or not taking it. Sociopaths are master deceivers. But her psychotic side will show up again.

March 14, 2012 at 5:08 am | Report abuse |
  93. Timme62

Man looks like a dork who got his butt kicked in school.

March 13, 2012 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  94. cher

He is a fool. There were much better women on there. He deserves what he gets.

March 13, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • I can't believe is not butter

He got alot of beaver from dose foolish woman

March 13, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • I can't believe is not butter

Did any one notice bens sister? She is hot...i love a woman that can hold her liquor..lol

March 13, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • terri

You are so right............ He's a fool, he's stupid, the show is dumb, that girl is a B -- !!!! A spoiled brat, a whiny ridiculous person. I didn't watch the show all season, but I did last night, just because my friend had been telling me about it! Oh Geez, now I know why I don't watch that dumb show. It's all staged and stupid and so much "drama".
      YUCKO!!!

March 13, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Candy

First off, as I watched the show, I thought that Ben and Casey B. had the strongest connection. I was almost certain that she was going to be in the final two. But then when she was eliminated in the final four, I lost interest. Even after Casey B. He had two very good options left and in my opinion he fell in love with Courtney's exterior (she is a beautiful girl) and I just don't see her as genuine. I think she does care about Ben, but I don't know if she truly loves him. As for her actions on the show, yes...she was obnoxious, but so were some of the other girls! The way some of the girls talked about the funeral director who came back for a shot at love was much worst than anything Courtney said. I think people should give Courtney a break, let Ben try and have a happy life with his selection and Casey B. should be the next Bachelorette! Oh, and I will continue to watch the 'Bachelor' because is it trash TV done tastefully! It is basically 'Flavor or Love' with roses instead of gold chains.

March 13, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • I can't believe is not butter

Lol you are such a white trash soap watchin fool candy..lol..yes I love it too.qqz

March 13, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kathy

he's ugly...who would want him?

March 13, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dramaaahhh

Courtney wasn't very nice;so fake. She needs to grow up. I think that Lindzi was a good match and he really liked her family but it seemed that he really wasn't into her. He certainly didn't kiss her like a man who loved a woman. I really think that he had a huge thing for Casey B. until he met her parents. I am so very sure that he couldn't see himself married to someone with an aggressive, teetotaling father and a mother who seems to be a mouse. I felt bad for Casey B. I don't think she can understand that this Winemaker would settle for a family that will probably only constantly criticize him. That is too bad.

March 13, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barbie P

It was my last guilty pleasure with this scripted manipulation. Definitely over it – FOREVER.

March 13, 2012 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill Ding

Have you seen the commercial, it's so easy, a caveman can do it? I think he should have stuck to commercials

March 13, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marcus Moore

Anyone who watches this show is a moron! It's rastlin without the ring and rastlin trunks! MORONS!

March 14, 2012 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Chica

Don't want to call him ugly. But he is not a very attractive man at all. And doesn't seem that bright. I kept wondering why and how he even made the show? I followed some of the media out of curiousity, but I couldn't watch the show.. this one was the worst yet.

March 14, 2012 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |