'SNL' ratings take a slip post-Lohan
March 12th, 2012

'SNL' ratings take a slip post-Lohan

The verdict is in: Funnyman Jonah Hill's turn as host on “Saturday Night Live” wasn't received as poorly as last week's criticized episode with Lindsay Lohan, but he couldn't match her ratings.

New York Magazine's Vulture notes that Hill has some qualities that make for "the perfect 'SNL' host," namely his comedy experience and the fact that he's hosted before.

Given those attributes, Vulture can't figure out why Hill's second time at bat for "SNL," which included sketches about the Oscars, a Japanese game show and a parody of Rush Limbaugh, was "so blah."

The Huffington Post agrees, saying that Hill's turn as host was "off." Not "'Lindsay Lohan' off," mind you, but there was something amiss nonetheless, leading to not a single "must-see" sketch.

Entertainment Weekly adds that while Hill's performance wasn't the worst, it just might've benefited from having the Lohan episode on the week prior. Without it, the Oscar nominee would possibly be "catching far more heat... Jonah Hill is a gifted comic actor, but unfortunately his talents couldn't transcend the mixed bag of material during this week's 'SNL.'"

The ratings weren't laudatory, either. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the “21 Jump Street” star - who was joined on the episode by venerable actor Tom Hanks and indie rock band The Shins - failed to top the ratings achieved by the troubled actress the previous week.

In fact, they slipped 21 percent - with Hill’s turn averaging a 2.6 rating in the 18-49 demo, with a 4.3 rating overall.

Lohan’s, on the other hand, boasted a 5.5 rating in metered households.

"SNL" will be off for a few weeks, but "Modern Family" star Sofia Vergara will serve as host of the April 7 episode with musical guest One Direction.

1. burberry

How did the game turn out?A wet road is usually slippery.What do you think of this one? How about if we go tomorrow instead?Don't let chances pass by.We should save unnecessary expenses.We should save unnecessary expenses.You have my word.He ran his horse up the hill.I'm happy to meet you
    burberry http://burberry.bllogg.com/page-d-exemple/

October 29, 2012 at 4:00 am | Report abuse |
  2. Adidas Cleats

Hello I will be so thrilled I discovered your internet site, I really found you by accident, because i was seeing on aol for another thing, Anyway I will be here now and would certainly love to say thank for a tremendous publish and a over-all entertaining blog site. Remember to carry on the truly amazing work.
    Adidas Cleats http://www.soccer-dreams.com

October 27, 2012 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  3. captain frank

It is time to hire an american producer to this show. Canadian shtick doesn't work anymore.

March 13, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lo Jenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBKcKSqi5Xg&w=640&h=390]

March 13, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • LoJenk

I continue to post lame video links and bore people with my sorry and inane postings!! Any of you gayboys wanna hook up and play hide the sausage? I will pump your plump rump with my tiny stump, you chump!!

March 13, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. mikey

First, neilsen ratings are an absolute joke. Whatever data they are trying to detail / record / track is so biased. Lohan spiked the "mystery neilsen watchers" because in general Lindsay has been in the news. Maybe Jack White has something to do with the spike too. The quality of her sow and Hill's show was not even comparable. Sketches were half-a$$ed for lindsay and from peaking w/ the classic debbie downer hosting episode, she has been terrible since. When SNL themselves rehash their spoof commercials that they showed already that year, it measn they were short on material.

Jonah's episode was all original, his "I'm now Oscar nominated, do my bidding" vinette in the beginning was awesome. (I mean, who doesn't want to see BLack Jack Sparrow?) 6 year old and benihana good, J POP Funtime now always good du duh, w/ HIll summoning visions of Samurai Tailor, and the Liza sketch was actually pretty good. Having two sketches back to back when Hilla nd Wiig are the main players was a bit much and the coolio reference was lost on me, but the acst going into the audience was cool, and Jonah got to give hsi thank you speech at the end.

How can you say any epidode when Tom Hanks shows up is bad?

The Rush sketch was incredibly bad, esp since he is so easily made fun of. I think the impression was so bad it through off the humor of the ridiculous sponsors, which were good.

Funniest thing I've seen in months was Samberg as Sarah Palin. That was hysterical.

Maya Rudolph show I agree has been the best so far, but Fallon was good too.

And anyone quoting about how good the original cast was, just keep in mind that there were whole 20-30 minute stretches of those shows that were just exceedingly unfunny and melodramatic. Watching the DVD's of those first five seasons, there would be 1 sketch that eventually is considered a classic then 4 sketches in a row of Newman and Curtin just exposing on women's issues or just dull sketches that were almost tortuous to sit through.

March 13, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mikey

I am a verbose fairy and I just like to let everyone know how I luv dem gayboyz! Any of u butt pirates wanna get down and get bizzy?? Let's pound each other in da pooper until we be walkin bowlegged for a week!!

March 13, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  6. SNL Watchdog

Rose colored glasses. There have been good AND bad moments from every season, every show. Been watching since Day 1 and it seems like the biggest problem these days is the female actors. Vanessa Bayer, Abby Elliot, Naseem Pedrad have a hard act to follow in Maya, Tina, Amy, Rachel. With Tina leading the writing team, those girls were (for the most part) hilarious.
    Taran was not especially funny as Rush, but I love his French Bistro dance sketch - probably the funniest most imaginative sketch in recent memory.
    Lindsay was good at times, at other times a teleprompting mess. Jonah had his moments but way too much giggling by the actors when the material was not funny. Moynihan could've done everything Jonah did, and probably better. There seems to be little visual gags - everything is dialogue driven. Need more Fred in the Monkey Suit. Jonah with the six year old fro. Get back to the basics of being plain silly - Kristen is the master at doing just that.

March 13, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • mikey

Pedrad is the best of the three, with Bayer coming up w/ some good sketches of her own. I forgot about the scientist sktch, also hysterical. Lindsay was set up for incredible comedy, I mean, no refernces to morgues in the inmate sketch? She was the worst host of the year not necessarily because of her, but because the material was subpar all around. So, I guess worst "episode" so far.

When they break and crack-up during sketches is the best part for me. It's always fun to see how they save it and react and it shows me they are enjoying themselves, not just getting up there and reading words. Some of the most memorable sketches feature breaks by the cast (debbie downer anyone), and Stefon wouldn't have succeeded in being classic of Bill Hader hadn't simply lost it when he initially began doing him, now its part of the sketch and character

March 13, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Carm

Johah Hill is funny. I don't know why SNL feels they have to throw in a "surprise" celebrity all the time lately. Their musical guests suck, for the most part.

March 13, 2012 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • moon627

i agree – Jonah did well – even reading his lines – at least he could read them fluidly rather than stutteringly like LL. And THE SHINS were boring – just not very good music imho.

March 13, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. JoJO

Saturday Night Live has some skits that are so bad they are embarrassing. Some of the music "talent" is as well. Trying to be so hip and out there that it is just pathetic. The return of Maya Rudolph as host was the best show of the season. Nine out of 10 skits were quite comical. Don't blame the host – blame the writers.

March 13, 2012 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  9. Linda Lou

I thought Jonah was hilarious. I laughed the entire show, unlike last week when I hid my eyes.....

March 13, 2012 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  10. ElKai0

Blahblah blah "snl hasn;t been funny for this long" well if you dont watch it, stfu. The Shin's rocked some faces off, very rarely is there a musical guest that actually sounds good and they were spot on. Jonah Hill was alright, a few of the skits were boring like the one where he was a little jewish kid or whatever. Definitly better than Lohan. Everyone kept breaking durring sketches, which is probably the funnyist thing that could happen on the show.

March 13, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  11. chieatfetus

SNL hasn't been funny for a long time

March 13, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  12. The Hook

Jonah Hill couldn't draw as big a crowd as Lindsay Lohan? How pathetic is that?
    He should become a lesbian....

March 13, 2012 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  13. Uncle Joe

Saturday Night Live hasn't been entertaining in years; with the exception when Betty White hosted.
    The only reason Lohan guest hosted was to jump-start her career. And according to critics and even some viewers who watched the show, Lindsay's efforts fell flat.

Why NBC continues to air this show is a mystery to me. There are far better programs that have been cancelled after one season yet this "turkey" keeps on living after three decades.

March 13, 2012 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  14. SmarterthanU

The flip side to this story is that people are tired of SNL bringing on actors who don't give a s#!t, singers who are miming lyrics or bringing on reality stars. Basically, the quality of guest have dropped and Lohan may have been the tipping point.

SNL stars to control most comedy shows with 30 Rock, Parks & Rec, Up All Night, Rob, etc, but the writing of these skits are always such a hit and miss. How can you have daily comedy on Funny-or-Die and The Daily Show, but produce such lame skits over a week. Maybe it's because the other shows are making so much money? Hmmmm.

A lot of SNL is based off of Improv, but today's generation may be more skit heavy. Like the gadgets we own, we want quality guaranteed laughs. We like comedians. We like original perspectives. Our society is so brutally honest and full of information, that your punch lines have to be smart.

Like any old company, SNL needs a makeover. Redefine your brand and recapture an audience.

March 13, 2012 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  15. Leucadia Bob

If I was a straight male, I would rock Lohan's world. We would blast a bunch of lines and pump each other silly all night long!! Since I iz a fairy, then I think I need to hook up with Tom Cruise. He has been a fairy for years!!

March 13, 2012 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  16. Winston5

Anybody seen 'Key & Peele'?

March 13, 2012 at 5:48 am | Report abuse |
  17. East Coast Stompin'

SNL is terrible, it has been for at least 10 years. The Spartan cheerleading squad was the very last " hilarious" sketch from the cheezy SNL writers.

As long as you can admit that you only watched to see the Lohan trainwreck, all is well.

March 13, 2012 at 5:39 am | Report abuse |
    • East Coast Rompin

I iz a typical New York fairy and I iz always lookin for some young gayboyz!! Any of u fruits wanna get down and pound each other in da pooper? Send me your digits!!

March 13, 2012 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  18. omg

how does this fat, unfunny, no talent hack keep getting movies? Because he sucks Judd Apatow's d.1ck?

March 13, 2012 at 5:31 am | Report abuse |
  19. Jimi

Ya know I don't think it's just on the host snl in all just isn't that funny anymore although there are moments those moments are just becoming more and more rare

March 13, 2012 at 4:47 am | Report abuse |
  20. tcaros

People tuned in to watch Lohan to see if she changed at all. She's a train wreck and people like watching that.
    Did her coochie pop out ? She known for wearing short skirts and things.

March 13, 2012 at 4:07 am | Report abuse |
  21. p300

I just Went from 6 to 12

March 13, 2012 at 3:24 am | Report abuse |
  22. jonah

Ask me about my weinerrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 13, 2012 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
  23. Trish

Jonah Hill doesn't make me laugh. I always think people like him who receive so much success with not too much talent, must have family connections Hollywood. Lindsey Lohan has problems, but she's also very attractive. She receives media attention constantly and I'm sure some people tuned in to watch her strictly out of curiosity. I wanted to watch when I heard she was hosting but I forgot. I would not have tuned in for Jonah Hill. I have nothing against him other than he's overrated.

March 13, 2012 at 3:18 am | Report abuse |
  24. p300

Man i loved him in that hot dog costume in accepted!!!!!!!

March 13, 2012 at 3:17 am | Report abuse |
  25. Jason

Here is an idea. Quit having Fred Armisan play every person of color. Make Jay Pharoh a lead and Bring on some new blood.

March 13, 2012 at 3:16 am | Report abuse |
    • ElKai0

Jay Pharoh kind of sucks, he does some good impressions but ive never really seen him be hilarious, except for maybe the Daniel Radclif episode where he was the crazyed homeless person playing spin the bottle. Plus, Fred Armistin is HILARIOUS.

March 13, 2012 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  26. Bob Holben

Lindsay has that star quality where you can't take your eyes off her. She is just plain fun to watch no matter what she does, SHE STEALS EVERY SCENE she's in!. She is a true film star!

March 13, 2012 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
    • LolBob

Bob Holben you must be an idiot. To say Lindsay steals every scene, what movies have you been watching of her? None of the movies were huge hits. Lately, with her destroying her life, the best she can land is a role on SNL, which in it self, it a pimple on a pigs a$$ to what the show use to be. Only thing Lindsay steals is my 8 ball and the line I had made for myself. Thanks Bob. You just proved that the IQ of America is on the downward fall. Well done

March 13, 2012 at 3:32 am | Report abuse |
  27. Guest

I heard somewhere that half of their viewers turned off the tv halfway through
    I wonder which guy it was

March 13, 2012 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Seriously?

March 13, 2012 at 3:25 am | Report abuse |
    • p300

pwned

March 13, 2012 at 3:30 am | Report abuse |
  28. buffalo

Jonah Hill was pathetic. It's a two-minute sketch! Can't these "actors" learn their lines? Hill was reading directly off the "prompter" in every one of his unfunny attempts at comedy. Of course, that's what you get when you have "flavor-of-the-week" celebrities as hosts.

March 13, 2012 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  29. Brett

Snl rating slip post-Lohan??? It's been one week! Be patient!

March 12, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Smart Deb

People let's face it, SNL have been 'crappie' for how many YRS now!!! Thank Goodness for the period of 'slick willie' Clinton, the Bush clan, and that woman Sarah Palin.. Other than that, it has been Dead and Boring for Yrs now..

March 12, 2012 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  31. jessy

2 many blacks

March 12, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  32. davey

Jonah hill sucks unfunny donkey balls. There is not a drop of actor in the guy. He also tries to hard to look sharp.

March 12, 2012 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Julie

Lohans ep did well b/c of the Train Wreck Factor. People had to tune in just to gawk at her and see if she'd do anything just too stupid for words.
    Hill OTOH is a known factor, he's good, everyone knows he won't fluff anything, which, combined with SNL's sort of ... um... spotty, writing, is a bore.

March 12, 2012 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Dave

Johah Hill is completely drab and blah. It is no mystery why his sketches completely sucked. He is a boring and dull actor and it is still unknown how it ever made it in Hollywood

March 12, 2012 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  35. GZ

anyone who thinks the lohan episode was better than the jonah hill episode needs to get their head examined.....no comparison.....lohan couldnt read the teleprompter and jonah hill was hilarious in the monologue, the six year old, and the talking ape...and others
    lay off the whippits people......

March 12, 2012 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  36. myob

March 12, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  37. myob

"What's up with that?"

March 12, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Derek

I enjoy the whole cast. Kristen Wig is probably about at her peak but other than that I laugh the whole way throught the show. Bill Hader and Fred Armisan are amazing character actors. Name a hollywood actor that could pull of those many characters in one night let alone their career. Hader's Stephon is gold and Armisons Obama is dead on. People who complain about the show probably are from the hayday of belushi, martin, and even farley.

March 12, 2012 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • ccrizz

I'm from the hey day. Seth isn't bad u 4got to mention.kristen is great so was tina fey but I think the firsts are classics!belushi ackroid bill murray! C'mon these newer ones are not the same! The black guy is funny. People don't be mean racist! Love your brothers man! Peace out!

March 12, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Odd man out

What the eff are you people on?! That episode was hilarious! Jonah hill as the 6 year old jew? The scientist? Liza minelli turning on a lamp? You guys all need to chill out... Its snl, if u dont find it funny you are free to watch something else instead of complain about the same show every week and then watch it again the next week. SNL has one of the strongest casts and writing teams theyve ever had IMO.

March 12, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  40. mikrik13

SNL has way too many darkies on the show.

March 12, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  41. mikrik13

SNL has too many black people on it.

March 12, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  42. tcaros

People like watching train wrecks, that's why Sarah Palin was so popular. She kept going around like she thought she was normal, but all the while people are looking and gasping and saying "poor thing doesn't even know how silly she looks."

March 12, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Gobsmacked

Love that Shin's song so tuned in for that, but the studio version is better than they did it live. I thought Hill was pretty funny overall. But, yeah that Lohan episode – horrible.

March 12, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Julie

Jonah is not funny, the sketches are poorly written, and no one is "acting" when they are clearly reading from the cue cards.

March 12, 2012 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  45. lots of laughs

the tennis ball scetch was one of the funniest in years!

March 12, 2012 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  46. CAW

Ok..i went over and watched the show online. The reason it didn't do so well is because 1) it WASN"T FUNNY and 2) the music was crap.

There..mystery solved.

March 12, 2012 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  47. BradGa

For those of us who need that kick of silly on the television: Portlandia. I enjoy it so much more than SNL now.

March 12, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Jay

R u kidding, the science sketch was hilarious.

March 12, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  49. ccrizz

I still watch SNL even though they are not as funny as John Belushi;GildaRadner;JaneCurtain;chevy chase;DanAckroid;John Candy guest just to recall+remember a few.I miss those skits!they should have a blast from the past for us who are in our 50's+6o's

March 12, 2012 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  50. mikrik13

I loved watching Jack White on the Lindsay Lohan episode and the skit where Jonah Hill played a 6 year old jewish boy at the Benihana was hilarious in his episode.

March 12, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  51. JJW

SNL is like The Simpsons in that it has gone waaaaaaaaay past its shelf life and should have been put to rest years ago. The only reason to watch the past 15 years: Tina Fey, the *only* cast member that you could put in the class with the great first cast of the first five years. I tried watching the recent episode for grins, and really...how it is still on the air? It was embrassing to watch any five minutes.

March 12, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • JohnCRoberts

Except the Simpsons, were and still are ...FUNNY

SNL, not for awhile. Last good laugh Carvey's Church Lady or Lovitz's "Acting!"

March 12, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • EricLr

Tina Fey was/is LAUGHABLY overrated as both a writer and performer. People like her because she's hot. She's never been particularly funny. Her humor is tired and pedestrian. Rachael Dratch was WAY more talented than Fey in that generation of cast. But she wasn't the hot one, and so she got pushed to the back.

March 13, 2012 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Pliny

Eric,

Here's a quarter. Go buy a clue.

Moron.

March 13, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • JJW

Sorry, but watch almost any episode of the Simpsons from the first five seasons, then try to watch any given episode now. The difference is just like in SNL - the writing! Plus, back then, the characters actually felt *real* to us, despite the animation. From there, the quality of the writing dropped, the stories ranging from tepid to just plain mind-numbing dumb; and the charactes became cataractures. Watch and compare. If anything, it's a franchise that has masterfully been controlled so it remains in the public eye, but its series has gone well past its shelf life...and for me, by at least a decade.

March 13, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  52. JT

They've been talking about cancelling S.N.L. since 1995. If they haven't done it by now, they aren't going to.

March 12, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • EricLr

It goes back a lot farther than 1995. Every few years it pops up and they usually find a way to come back. The show has always been prone to mediocrity (1985-86 "John Hughes" season, anyone?) and has never been as good as people have made it out to be. Even the original cast skits were way more miss than hit. Every now and then they'll do a really great episode (in the last 10 years, I'd say Ben Affleck and Justin Timberlake have been the most consist hosts for delivering the goods). But most episodes are pretty bland, as has always been the case. People remember the really good sketches and forget the bad ones, which leads to a mistaken impression that "the show was so much better in X era", when in reality it's ALWAYS been pretty bland.

March 13, 2012 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  53. Daadir

I loved Lohan's, I think she did a lot better than I expected her to be even though you could tell she was reading from cue cards in one skit but maybe it was something that was added the last minute.

March 12, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Marc

I quit watching SNL. Anymore the show seems boring and the skits they do aren't even funny. The week that they did the spoof on Muammar Gaddafi after he was killed I didn't even think was funny. To the younger generation or sicko's it might seem funny. I guess simple minds, simple pleasure seems to be the underlying construct of the SNL show.

March 12, 2012 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  55. noneya

Can't believe SNL stooped so low as to put that meth-bag Blohan on as host. She never had talent, is ugly and washed up.

March 12, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • bosmonkey

I wouldn;t blame her. She can look extremely hot (Playboy) she just needs some help getting healthy. Not a great actress but SNL has been sucking for years. One of the few good shows was Justin Timberlake.

March 13, 2012 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Michael Prymula

I don't get all the hate for Lindsay, I thought she did a perfectly fine job, it's just that she wasn't utilized well enough in most of the sketches, I can name dozens of hosts that did a FAR worse job(January Jones being the absolute worst, good god that women cannot act PERIOD, how she keeps getting movie roles is beyond me, though Channing Tatum and Lana Del Ray blew pretty hard as well) As for Jonah Hill, while I do like as an actor, he was rather bland as a host, he didn't really provide any big laughs, and he was much more obvious about reading off cue cards then Lindsay was, not that it mattered as the sketches were mediocre at best and even the most talented comedian couldn't have made this lackluster material funny, i'd personally like to see Megan Fox host.

March 14, 2012 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  56. CaLi EnTay

I ENJOYED Ms. Lohan on SNL. When i hear how people describe her and other celebrities i realize thier are a bunch of Rush Limbaugh's out there. What has she done to deserve to be treated like she's not a person. When has she ever hurt anyone but herself. She is in recovery for substance abuse and I would expect society to be proud that she participating in treatment and working instead of sitting around getting a welfare check. I HOPE NONE OF YOU A HAVE A MOTHER, DAUGHTER OR SISTER IN RECOVERY BEING TREATED HOW YOU ARE TREATING HER. She has every excuse to quit, lock herself in the house, and be as bitter as her hatters but she choses to be productive and do all she can to restore her brand. God bless her.

March 12, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Well, in responce to your comment all I have to say is this. I didnt have a mommy who pimped me out as a child so she could live out her fantasys through me. My mother is not a cocaine addict like Lindsay's mom is. I dont have a drug problem like Lindsay does or does anyone in my family. I dont steal cars or jewelry from stores and blame other people, like Lindsay does. I dont get kicked out of clubs or worse be banned from them like Lindsay does and has been. Lindsay Loser Lohan will always be the worst actress ever and she would be better off waking up and realizing that she sucks at acting and the only reason she gets anything in life is because her mommy blows everyone in Hollywood.

March 12, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • sockpuppet

John, you basically listed all the reasons why Lindsay turned out the way she did–how is it HER fault that her mom pimperd her out as a child or that her mom was a drug addict that used her daughter for her own fame and fortune hunting? Yeah, you DIDN'T have a mom like that, so maybe you should have a little sympathy for the kid. I hope she pulls her act together. I don't want to see her dead. I don't think she's a terrible actress–she was pretty decent until she got into the drugs. Just stop being such a d i ck about someone that isn't affecting your life in any way. Why wish ill on someone who hasn't done anything to hurt you?

March 12, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • monkeymix

When has she ever hurt anyone but herself? How about the person from whom she stole? Or the people who were hit by her vehicles?

March 13, 2012 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
    • CindySez

...you asked what has she done....? You state that she hasn't hurt anyone but herself? Do you have any idea of what Lindsay Lohan has DONE in the last 3 years? And it aint good acting, ...Lindsay is vry troubled girl who can not accept that she has fallen off the golden carpet, and she isn't going to be asked. ...or allowed back. Lindsay can not convince people to like her by trying to convince people they are "wrong" for judging her. People don't like what Linday DOES, and SHE DOES HURT OTHER PEOPLE, as does her family, with all the ridiculous lawsuits and defamation of character they viciously slap out at anyone around them they thing they can cash in on. Yes,, Lindsay was a cute, talented and sweet little child actress. That was over a decade ago.

March 14, 2012 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  57. gavin Ford

The Ben Stiller / Foster the People episode is the only solid episode they've had recently.

March 12, 2012 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Synapse

Beg to differ-
      By far... Justin Timberlake & Lady Gaga was the best- as funny as 1st & 2nd seaon SNL (even for an old dude who was an adult & around for 1st/2nd season.
      I think it's a reflection of how corporate and thin/superficial "celebrity" is today.

March 12, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Michael

I dont find Jonah Hill to be even remotely funny., It puzzles me how hes presented as this hilarious guy, even potential leading-man star quality. I simply don't see it. However, when compared to L.L, hes probably got more comedic chops; its just shes more INTERESTING.

March 12, 2012 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Tom

He is fat, ugly and plays the same character in everything he does. He also likes it up the poop chute.

March 12, 2012 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Steve-O

Jonah Hill was pretty bad too on SNL.

March 12, 2012 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Tom

Jonah Hill has NEVER been funny. The people in Hollywood keep TELLING us he is funny, but nobody is buying it.

March 12, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ozzi

Jonah Hill sooks.

March 12, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dina DiLucca

He's not funny, has never been funny, will probably never be funny. And like Lindsay, how much rehearsal do these actors have? From the looks of it, not much, since they spend most of the skits looking at the teleprompter. Also, SNL casts of earlier days came out of working improv and that shows with their ability to work well together AND with limited scripts! The current group needs lessons!

March 13, 2012 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  62. Thedude

Lets face it Lohan only had those numbers because people wanted to see a train wreck. People tuned in, in the expectation they would see someone fail. IMO it was successful. Too bad for Jonah.....Everyone had enough last week.

March 12, 2012 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Canada: America's Hat

A thousand times this.
      And just because a bunch of people tuned in, doesn't mean it wasn't a trainwreck.

March 13, 2012 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
    • CindySez

I agree. The world would tune into SNL if Casey Anderson or Charles Manson hosted too. I am sure LL's audience didn't tune in to worship her or because she is such a talent. The fact that she was quoted saying she was proud of her appearance only validates that this poor girl is delusional in ways that are ... heart-breaking really.

March 14, 2012 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  63. Samantha

Jonah Hill just isnt funny. They must have mistaken him for someone else who is.

March 12, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Domino

It couldn't be that SNL writing has slipped could it? OK I'm trying to be nice, but lets face it, as soon as they announced Lohan was going to host, you just knew the writers have depleted their bag of tricks and SNL is trying anything they can, other than being funny, to try to get ratings. There are already rumors of an upcoming Sofia Vergera wardrobe malfunction.

March 12, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ozzi

I agree. This current batch of writers bite. Their dialogue and their ideas are crappie.

Think Lorne Michaels needs to be replaced?

March 12, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Torakhan

I wonder if all of their good writers and energy has gone to 30 Rock.
      Then again, during the Lohan night, some of their faux commercials were pretty good, but those could be created by a different team of writers too?

March 12, 2012 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • sockpuppet

I actually thought Jonah Hill's characterizations were pretty funny–I didn't think he could actually "act", just play himself. But the writing is the problem, for sure. Ever since Tina Fey left, it's been terrible. One sketch out of 20 is even watchable, maybe 1 out of 50 is laugh out loud funny. And those are almost always the shorts by Andy Samberg or the Weekend Update. It's a lost cause at this point.

March 12, 2012 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Juan

I disagree, that princess clip was classic.

March 12, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • NCole

Or maybe its the fact that Kristen Wiig is in 90% of the skits is why the show sucks! She's in different costumes, but always has the same voice/accent and mannerisms and just no longer funny to watch. Maybe its my age, but I so do miss the days of the first few years of SNL where everyone was usually in a skit on each show instead of seeing the same 3-actors they seem to think are their strengths weekend, after weekend.

March 12, 2012 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Questions

Yeah I've been thinking the same thing.

March 13, 2012 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
    • EricLr

It probably didn't help that about 90% of the sketches on the Jonah Hill episode looked like old jokes written in the 1960's by the comedy team of Wasserman and Steinberg. "Little jew kid at dinner", "Liz Minnelli turns on a lamp"–really? That wouldn't have even been funny on the Smothers Brothers, much less on a comedy show in 2012.

March 13, 2012 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |