Seth MacFarlane offers glimpse of 'Ted' at SXSW
March 11th, 2012

Seth MacFarlane offers glimpse of 'Ted' at SXSW

The crowd at SXSW was treated to two surprises from "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane on Sunday: a sneek peek of the beginning of his anticipated film "Ted" and a special guest.

There was a full house for "A Conversation with Seth MacFarlane" where the animator and actor spoke on everything from the near-demise of "Family Guy" to his jazz album and his new film "Ted," a live-action/CGI movie starring Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis.

Looking back on it now, Fox yanking "Family Guy" not long after it debuted turned out to be a blessing in disguise. In fact, MacFarlane said "the cancellation was the best thing that happened to the show.""You can write endless fan letters, you can try to bring back 'Party of Five' all you want, but if the dollar signs aren't there you are screwed," he said. "This was literally a case where people were writing letters with their checkbooks by buying the DVDs and Fox said 'Ok, there's money to be made here.'"

After showing a brief clip from a featurette about his Grammy-nominated jazz album "Music is Better Than Words" and discussing his upcoming reboot of "The Flintstones" (he said he's still working on the script), MacFarlane debuted the first eight minutes of "Ted" which follows the adventures of Wahlberg's character and the foul-mouthed teddy bear who is his childhood friend.

"It's really a love triangle between Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis and a bear," he said as the audience laughed.

MacFarlane further thrilled the audience when he brought Wahlberg out as his special guest. Wahlberg said he was excited to work with the mind behind "American Dad" and "The Cleveland Show."

"He and I have the same agent," Wahlberg explained. "I read the script and 10 pages in you forget it's a bear."

1. outletytdxv

ҐЗҐеҐЩҐЖҐЈҐ« ҐµҐ¤Ґє 3"v7# [url=http://www.golfinorge.com/jakke.asp]billig canada goose[/url] z0pSz parajumpers jakke herre x%G\v [url=http://www.sanderssociety.org.uk/north/]the north face sale[/url] !h?M. canada goose jakke Sytn@

November 27, 2013 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. outletrniqo

[url=http://www.nurikabe.jp/images/uggs.php]ugg µкЕn[/url] rH_wF [url=http://silsden.net/check.asp]coach outlet online[/url] igh7[ duvetica ҐАҐ¦Ґу QOReF moncler piumini HN$') billig canada goose jakke dame PRU0c

November 27, 2013 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  3. smoking crack fetish

There's definately a lot to find out about this subject. I like all the points you have made.

June 7, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. brenda

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojujnZfVvno&w=640&h=390]

March 14, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sabiduria

I would not watch or support anything Seth MacFarlane puts out. His boyish looks and evident charm can't hide that he is an atheist. He is free to have his own views and I'm okay with that but I can't support his logic. It baffles me the smartest people think they are smart enough to have it all figured out. Which in fact, Hollywood is full of rich folks that give their salvation to the all mighty dollar and their clever selves. They are so engrossed in their "talent" and what they can do that they forget the one who gave them the talent in the first place. As smart as Seth MacFarlane think he is....he is not.

March 14, 2012 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
    • tonysgirl1959

Sabiduria, you totally contradicted yourself when you said that "he is free to have his own views and I'm okay with that". Obviously, you're NOT okay with it. Get over it. He has his views, you have yours, I have mine. But no matter what, if you like something, watch it. If you don't like it, don't watch it. But don't base his talents on "his views". I do believe that you are jealous of his talents. I think he's great!

March 14, 2012 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Richard Fore

Hi – I'm Richard. I am such a weak individual, I can't help but hang out on the blogs all day and project my inner most desires of man love onto them. I am such a LOSER.

March 13, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. The REAL Leucadia Bob

My favorite artist is William Hung. Everyone luvs the classic: " She bang She bang". Hey, it reminds me of a phang that I used to bang....strange. See, music connects people!! Let's all hook up and pound da poop chute!!

March 13, 2012 at 6:03 am | Report abuse |
  8. Clyde M

Anyone know if he mentioned anything about the Cosmos series he was wanting to restart with Neil de Grasse Tyson?

March 12, 2012 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  9. The Question

Didnt this movie already come out? CGI, laid back smart@$$ character smoking a joint and hanging out with two people? Wasnt it called "Paul"?

March 12, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. dave

This sounds like "The Beaver Part 2." That's not good.

March 12, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Red Pison

Mark Wahlberg doesn't care about black people. Otherwise he would have mentioned The Cleveland Show.

March 12, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Christopher

Seth and a talking, jealous teddy bear. What's not to like?

March 12, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Ace

It is interesting how people called FG a Simpsons rip off when it first came on! Now FG seems to be the top dog on FOX Sunday while Simpsons seems rather stale and passed its prime!

March 12, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Get a room

@richard i'm theree for u big boy

March 12, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Get a room

Richard and I iz gonna pound each other in da poop chute! We just wanna hook up with some other gayboyz and meet our good buddy Leucadia Bob. We just love to kneel and bob!!

March 12, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Leucadia Bob

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIu5aPIIzzM&w=640&h=390]

March 12, 2012 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Leucadia Bob

I love to pound da plump rump of some chump! I been a fruit for many years!! All u fairies wanna hook up and play hide da sausage??

March 12, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • The REAL Leucadia Bob

Dude- whoever you are, it's obvious that you're just hating on me. I'm using this exploit to promote. Why don't you just show yourself. Stop hiding you wussie.

March 12, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • The REAL Leucadia Bob

Yo yo! I am posting some real junk on this site! Next I will put up some Enya and Sinead O'Connor videos. If you are lucky, maybe I will put up a screen shot of me pumpin my buddy in da keister!!

March 12, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leucadia Bob

Dude-you're a total loser. Does it make you feel like a big man to try and insult me on this forum. If you're a real man, follow the link on the video and email me so I can cuss you out and give you a proper chastising. LOSER!

March 12, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • The REAL Leucadia

Yo yo. They call me Bob and I be a slob! My favorite move iz da classic kneel and bob, cuz I luv to schlob a big ol knob and I'll slurp dat goo from you big ol corn cob!! Oh yeah, boyeee! Let's get down and get bizzy!!

March 12, 2012 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • The REAL Leucadia

hey Bob! I will take you up on your offer and link to your web site! I will give you my e-mail address and we can Skype. I know u are anxious to see my package anyway!! I will teabag you and then u can give it a scrubbin!

March 12, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leucadia Bob

Dude – this is so weak. Does your entire life revolve around singling out one person on the CNN blogs? Do you do this because life isn't fair and you're a loser? Will this in some way make you cooler with other people? Honestly I don't care. The ladies love me, and I'll be 45 this month. As far as your fetish with men goes, I would move to the bay area. You'll probably meet the man of your dreams there. Please keep hating – my hit counts will go up, and you will continue to prove to yourself that you have no life.

March 12, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • The REAL Leucadia Bob

Hey all u freaks!! I was told my rap lyrics are da bomb! Check this out: "They call me Bob and I be a slob. I luv to schlob and polish yo knob! I kneel and bob till I finish the job! Hey booyee! Let's hook up and I will pack your fudge..when we done I wont leave a smudge!

March 12, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leucadia Bob

zzzzzzzzzzz

March 12, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Listening Through Big Ears

I love movies about teddy bears, especially those starring Marky Mark. Seth McFarlane: Restart the Care Bears franchise, please. And while you're at it, restart the Funky Bunch too!

March 12, 2012 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  17. scissors

Seth McFarland is really cool!

March 12, 2012 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  18. Jamaal

I'm excited about this movie.

March 12, 2012 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  19. @white woman

Lol

March 12, 2012 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  20. white woman

To classy. And how would u know?lmao

March 12, 2012 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  21. Richard Fore

I licked my balls all weekend!

March 12, 2012 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  22. Triumph

Another good story from CNN....
    FOR ME TO POOP ON!