Dennis Quaid's wife files for divorce
March 9th, 2012

Dennis Quaid's wife files for divorce

It looks like Dennis Quaid and his wife Kimberly Buffington-Quaid are splitting up. CNN's confirmed with Quaid's rep that his wife has filed for divorce.

TMZ reports that the divorce petition Kimberly filed states, "The marriage has become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities...that destroys the legitimate ends of the marriage relationship and prevents any reasonable expectation of reconciliation."

The petition also reportedly states that the couple has a temporary custody agreement for their 4-year-old twins, with each parent being allotted time to spend with them.

TMZ notes that it appears Kimberly has asked for all of their shared assets to be split down the middle, while Quaid has responded that he doesn't want her to get anything.

Quaid's rep tells CNN, "Contrary to what has been reported, a satisfactory settlement is being worked out for both parties."

The couple married in 2004, the third marriage for "Soul Surfer" star Quaid. He was previously married to Meg Ryan, whom he divorced in 2001, and P.J. Soles, whom he divorced in 1983.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. 萬用行動電源

I like this internet blog very much, Its a really good situation to study and receive information . "Do pleasant things your self, but unpleasant issues via others." by Baltasar Gracian. 萬用行動電源 http://www.powerbankhq.com

June 23, 2013 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  2. Kate

Is anyone really surprised by this? When will men learn? Honestly, it just gets old! Younger women DO NOT want older men unless they are a) in it for the money or b) have Daddy issues. No wonder she asked for half of his assets – she figures she's earned them by being with an older man. It's easy, men, if you want a real relationship then find a secure woman closer to your own age. If you need to validate your existance with a younger hotter woman then accept the fact that she's not in it for the long haul and get a good pre-nup.

What's that old saying...I hope the fu**ing you're getting is worth the fu**ing you're getting...that saying was invented for older men who hook up with younger men. Just ask Mel Gibson. Or even Demi Moore (Ashton's barely a man so I say she counts).

March 12, 2012 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  3. PeterD

America thinks that they care about women. What a joke. If they cared then America would have Hillary Clinton as a current president & not Barry.

March 12, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  4. fedup2here

Hey "P"
    You must be one of those guys who don't support your children. My x had to pay $15 a week for my 3 kids. That is $5 a pc. That wouldn't keep them in bubble gum. He wouldn't even pay that. So before yuo go getting on Melanie, ask yourself this. What does the "P" stand for? I have a good idea what it stands for.

March 12, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Moe Moe

He's a Dbag! Look at his past history with his marriages and how he treats women. She deserves to have enough to take care of the kids.

March 12, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  6. Gary

Come on its not like its his FIRST marriage. If he doesn't have a Prenup everyone knows its 50/50 in Kali. So whats the big deal unless he's being bitter. He should know these things by now, sorry Dennis time to put on your big boy pants and pay the bill.

March 12, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  7. Lliteee

Why do people even get married? Most end in divorce.....he'll be dumb enough to get married again

March 12, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  8. The Shin

Hopefully their wounds will heal.

March 12, 2012 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  9. M

Sad for the children ... once again.

All people should be given emotional testing before marriage and before children.

March 12, 2012 at 4:51 am | Report abuse |
  10. rand

She is trash who was just looking to marry someone famous............I feel sorry for the kids.

March 11, 2012 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  11. gostahaveit

Looky Looky Real Good. One man's left overs is another man's play toy.

March 11, 2012 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  12. norman

I always thought his acting was insufferable......... completely unbelievable

March 11, 2012 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Noel

George Bush did it.

Now, please return your tinfoil hat to your head and ask yourself why you're obsessing over people you don't know, with lives you know nothing about and that you'll never have a clue of.

BZZZZT! return to the mothership!

March 11, 2012 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Brian

It's lebron james' fault

March 11, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Ju

Can we shoot 'em? http://vimeo.com/m/37268075

March 11, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  16. janice kroner

Wow another Hollywood divorce.

March 11, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Rachel

Three marriages, three different women to the same guy. Sounds like he's got a problem.

March 11, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  18. suzy diamond

Three strikes, you're OUT.....give it up Dennis. Marriage is not for you!

March 11, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Jack Thomas

What a surprise another Hollywood couple divorcing.

March 11, 2012 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  20. Rose

And Oh, I don't care about Dennis Quaid's marriages, as with many actors he's a good one, but they can't keep a family and have kids with multiple people. So what's new? It's Hollywood, we don't really care about those people, just like to be entertained with movies.

March 11, 2012 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |
  21. Rose

I was reading the comments and all of a sudden a guy's going off about being a man and Verizon. What the heck? LOL What does Verizon have to do with him being a man? Is he looking to get money from Verizon or donations from posters? :D

March 11, 2012 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  22. c-ho

I'm available Mr Quaid!! That dude is hot shame on the broad who took him for what she could get. I'll take him if he's dirt poor! That dude is fiiiine!

March 11, 2012 at 4:01 am | Report abuse |
  23. Drew

poor guy.
    -medvemedia.ca

March 11, 2012 at 3:49 am | Report abuse |
  24. tampabay

Cha-ching! Time to cash-in. next time get a prenup!

March 11, 2012 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
  25. Rlmkraig

Marriage takes above all, commitment. When things are good and bad. Anybody can quit or give up. However, maybe she has a legitimate reason for wanting to end the marriage. I feel extremely sorry for the children most of all.

March 10, 2012 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  26. aj

what kind of an idiot would mess up a relationship with meg ryan

March 10, 2012 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  27. slewfoot

I heard he left her for shelby overman and they watch jaws 3 together all night long

March 10, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  28. jude

WITH anything. Duh!

March 10, 2012 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  29. jude

To number 96, Yarah, maybe it's because I'm pagan but what in the hell did that have to do anything?

March 10, 2012 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Scott

Splitsville
    Amulette, Don't be a whiner. If you don't get along with your partner, it's best to move along. A lot of women do it, why can't men? Every coin has two sides.
    _____________________________

Time to move along? Wow,,,How many marriages have you had so far? 3? My friends parents have been married 58 years. Do you realize how this is done? By "not moving along" and keeping it together and when bad times along you focus and sacrifice for the other person. Hollywood marriages are nothing more than a sham based on ego's and many of the general populace follow in line but it doesn't negate the importance of marriage itself; only folks like you lesson its importance.

March 10, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  31. The Dude

Meg Ryan says HaHa.

March 10, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  32. erich2112x

Boy, she's going to be collecting residuals from a whole lot of movies. That's a lot of money.

March 10, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Laurent

The rules of marriage in America are impossible. People have lost the ability for reconciliation in a self glamorizing society that we've become. That is why America cannot get along with the rest of the world. It's impossible to expect marriage and family to survive.

March 10, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Joe

Who cares?

March 10, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  35. NoDoubt

That's sad their marriage didn't work out. After the second marriage I think a person ought to consider just not getting married again.

March 10, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Yarah

JN 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

March 10, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Mar

I bet Meg is gloating over this...

March 10, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  38. jason83

Now there's a surprise! I feel bad for the 4 year old's (who have no idea of what's going on) having to be shuffled around all the time, at least for a while, until the custody dispute begins in a few years from now

March 10, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Irene C.

Meg ryan is nasty and super selfish...lousy actress too .always plays the same schtik.. Dennis was better without her

March 10, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  40. Jeff

It's sad. I know in a 60 Minutes piece that the twins had health issues at birth and that it was touch and go. Sad they couldn't work through this.

March 10, 2012 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  41. Bonny

Why some people continue to marry time after time...I have no idea. It's like playing the lottery; after buying hundreds of tickets and losing so much money, it's about time they face reality and realize that they're simply not going to win. Quit kidding yourselves and GIVE IT UP!!!!

March 10, 2012 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
    • The Dude

Why they marry before the age of 60 baffles me. I will get married when I start needing diapers again.

March 10, 2012 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Debbie

Minds wander much? Or just can't stick to one subject without getting derailed? I know: It's really hard to stay with the topic. Not!

March 10, 2012 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  43. Tabster

Beneath the Darkness was a horrible movie. He should give it up already........

March 10, 2012 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  44. hippo

she looks like she needs to lay off the botox

March 10, 2012 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  45. Bob Holben

Who cares

March 10, 2012 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
    • CP in FL

I guess YOU care since you not only opened and read the article but you commented on it. I was hoping for another Randy Quaid story, those are great.

March 10, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  46. princess

To: Alumette/ Number 1 everybody needs to leave peoples private lives alone. I don't believe you would want everybody knowing every little detail in your life! And as for politics, democrates are no better when you CAN NOT TRUST THEM INSIDE WITH ANYTHING! ASK Hilary Clinton!

March 10, 2012 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  47. It's Tuff Creampuff

After a guy or gal figures out being married to the wrong person can be like having an insufferable roommate, it's
    a simple move- eliminate the stress, but maintain an income without the stress source. Custody of the kids keeps
    one party from depressed isolation, albeit takes some work. Basics- know your choice of a mate and take your time
    before taking the leap. In the end, the kids will suffer.

March 10, 2012 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  48. superdogs

Alumette: I agree with you 110%! You rock, girl! F***ing Neanderthals!

March 10, 2012 at 6:08 am | Report abuse |
  49. jude

Eight years? REALLY? Damn man, get over it. On the divorce issue... It's THEIR business. Why do people feel the need to cast blame when none of us knows anything about their situation?

March 10, 2012 at 4:38 am | Report abuse |
  50. lyndylyn oby

"wife be submissive 2 ur husbands, husband luv ur wife".lets leave competetion out of marriage dat way we can stay 2geda in mutual understandin.if a divors takes place, a hole has been bored 4 other divors n seeminly it will be passed to d children surly

March 10, 2012 at 4:30 am | Report abuse |
  51. lyndylyn oby

"wife be submissive 2 ur husbands, husband luv ur wife".let leave competetion out of marriage dat way we can stay 2geda with mutual understandin.if a divors takes place, a hole has been bored 4 other divors n seeminly it will be passed to d children surly

March 10, 2012 at 4:28 am | Report abuse |
  52. PJ

Yet, another seemingly perfect white male gets dumped for divorce... so whats new?

March 10, 2012 at 3:52 am | Report abuse |
  53. joyce

Hmmm!

March 10, 2012 at 3:51 am | Report abuse |
  54. C.A.

Wasn't I just reading last year about his brother Randy Quaid? How he and his wife were pursued by the police and now live up in Canada somewhere for lack of pymt to several hotels/B&B's that he and his wife staid in. Dennis was outspoken about not talking to his bro thru all of that. Just seems a little odd to me that both brothers seem to have issues; I also recall Dennis being accused of inappropriately hitting on some underage girl at a celebrity golf tournament. Something's just not adding up.

March 10, 2012 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
    • NanookoftheNorth

Ahhhh those Quaid boys. Dennis is running from a fair settlement with his about to be ex and Randy is running from those "Hollywood Star Whackers" ;-).

March 10, 2012 at 4:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Whoops

Given Randy's frequent trips into La-La land and Dennis' wife-hopping, the Quaid family is probably one to steer clear of.

March 10, 2012 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Irene C.

Yea its called life. I guess you have no skeletons in your closet?

March 10, 2012 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  55. Just saying

Anybody else notice hoe the Verizon rant was just totally stepped over and ignored? Did I imagine it, was it really there, and no one just responded? Should we be expecting a Verizon employee to go postal in the near future?

March 10, 2012 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
    • C.A.

I think there WAS a response wasn't there? (something like ??? What the...?)

March 10, 2012 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
    • NanookoftheNorth

I responded also.

March 10, 2012 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Oh wow

I know this has nothing to do with Dennis Quaid, and out of curiosity, I went over to the Verizon ranter's blog and read it. I can totally understand why he's ticked off. If what he says happened is true, that's pretty bad on Verizon's part.

March 10, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Jim

She looks like Charlie Sheen's ex.

March 10, 2012 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
  57. Elly

Dennis....sounds like you can't seem to make a marriage work. You'd think because of your twins you'd make a special effort, but then again you didn't do that when you were married to Meg and had Jack to consider. You're a guy that SHOULD NOT be married. Shame on you for the inconsideration you show to your children.

March 10, 2012 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  58. J.B.B.

There are THREE sides to every story: his ... hers ... and the truth.

March 9, 2012 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Gunny

The bottom line is, famous people should never marry without a prenup. or just never marry. It's the only way to be sure it's true love and not true love of money.

March 9, 2012 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Mfr

He's still hot.

March 9, 2012 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Democrat

Sorry about that one, Republican. We'll try to deal with our idiots, you deal with yours. *being blunt* I assure you the majority of us can read our native tongue. Again, my apologies. *bows politely*
    That aside, this is another reason why I personally prefer being single. I'd rather read a book than deal with the black hole drama of marriage (or romance in general). It's a shame they had to divorce (though admittedly, a part of me is wondering why you'd marry someone just to divorce them.)

March 9, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  62. m&m

@ CARM..... I'LL TAKE THAT AS A COMPLIMENT DEAR .....

March 9, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Robert

Prenup is not just a pretty word.

March 9, 2012 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  64. will smith

divorce wow my wife died at 39 wish she were here to divorce me and clean me out just so i could see her spend my money one more time

March 9, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  65. P

His wife does deserve half she probably put up with Dennis Big ego he always has had. Be wise and realize what mothers and wives do daily that is a job in its self .

March 9, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  66. P

March 9, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  67. faith

Its sad the divorce is playing out in the media.WHATEVER CAUSED FOR THE ENDING OF THIER MARRIAGE,SO MANY PEOPLE WANT 2 KNOW.MY PRAYER IS 4 A PEACEFUL ENDING,PUTTING THIER KIDS 1ST.WHENEVER THERE ARE KIDS INVOLVED,THEY SOMETIMES FEEL CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE.I PRAY 4 THE FAMILY 2 STAY FOCUSED ON THE BEST INTERESTS OF THIER KIDS&REMAIN RESPECTFUL TOWARDS ONE ANOTHER.

March 9, 2012 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Debbie

Regardless of what the cause of their divorce is (his side- her side) the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Except for very few marriages, there is usually no happily ever after in Hollywood. Still, it's sad when ANY marriage ends in divorce. I wish them well and hope they provide their children with a solid and loving upbringing.

March 9, 2012 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Chewy

Another Hollywood divorce? These things are soooo rare!?

March 9, 2012 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  70. justicefor7

URGENT – Please read more about VERIZON. Things they don't want the public to know! I was tormented by racial comments that were ignored, then racially discriminated against and wrongfully terminated for making complaints about the racial injustice.
    Please visit my Blog Page to see what Verizon did to my family. What they have done to my family, and continue to do is horrific. Today they still will not accept responsibility. So I will not stop this FIGHT for JUSTICE! It has been 8 years and I refuse to give up!
    You can read my stories about what VERIZON did to my family by GOOGLING:
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Cover Letter”
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Press Release”
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Requesting Criminal Punishment”

From there you can access the other letters through the recent post.

I am a man who has stood up against racism, discrimination, bullying, harassment, hostile environment, belittlement, threats, and retaliation, all while working for Verizon Communications, as they conspired to terminate me.

I am a man who is trying to hold his family together while in the process of trying to fight for my rights to be heard. I am a man who has brought up his family on morals, discipline, character, hard work, dedication and conviction to believe that good things happen to good people. I am a man who could not be more proud of my family for all their trust and faith in my conviction. I am man who is a proud servant in my community and deserves to be heard, as I am begging for JUSTICE!

I have learned that: “If you have no Money, A lot of Power, unlimited amount of Connection and resources, you have no chance at receiving justice within our country!

Even though I know this to be true, that justice of only for the few, I refuse to allow Verizon to beat me! I will fight them until I die. I will never give up, I will let the world know of the abuse I suffered and the lack of justice I have received.

Neal W. Dias

March 9, 2012 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee

???????????? What???????????

March 10, 2012 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
    • NanookoftheNorth

Wow Neal, for a sec there I thought you were going to make a plea for money.....to be sent to Nigeria ;-)

March 10, 2012 at 3:45 am | Report abuse |
  71. Italy4

No one really knows what goes on in a marriage between two people. But one can only speculate. I speculate that Dennis Quaid was/is a big adulterous just like all the rest of Hollywood men. So whatever material/monetary gains she receives out of the divorce – she most likely deserves.

March 9, 2012 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  72. whocares

So another Hollywood celebrity is divorcing. next story please!

March 9, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim

...ROFLOL!!!

March 10, 2012 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
    • AbbyFann

Lol! I only read this article because I didn't even know he was married. Now that you mention it I don't care. If I wasn't so bored this morning I wouldn't be reading any of this. Have a nice day!

March 10, 2012 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  73. m&m

To Sarah ... it must be .... you read it .

March 9, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  74. melanie

I bet she didn't even make that HALF of the income she's asking for. This woman is an embarrassment to the rest of us decent women. Earn your own money gold digger. I get $360 a month in child support and $100 of that is arrears because the father of my child didn't help out in any way, shape or form for a little over 4 years. Now he visits my daughter for a couple hours a month. He hasn't tried to see her more than that. So getting the child support I get I don't mind using it on my daughter since her father doesn't get her anything else and spends so little time with her. If she spent half the time with him and he fed her and helped cloth her I wouldn't even ask for anything from him. These greedy women forget the money is for their kids basic needs. Not for their personal use.

March 9, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • D-Train

Well said Melanie!

March 9, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • P

Melanie
      Who r you trying to kid you would want the money even if your ex visited because most wives feel they deserve it. The reason you husband doesn't visit you daughter often it probably has something to do with you. You may be pushing the BS but no one is really listening

March 9, 2012 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • garc

Hey, it's a fair amount of work to be a Hollywood trophy wife. You've got to look much younger for as long as possible. That takes a lot of work of the surgery variety, expensive creams, etc., not expressing a contrary opinion, laughing at all jokes, etc. (and I'm not being sarcastic here). You also know your shelf life is limited anyway. So it's unreasonable to ask for half if she's going to raise the kids? Kids too are expensive, duh.

March 10, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Rita

Most likely he cheated – just like every male creep in hollywood and the ones that are not famous too!!

March 9, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Loislame

Oh0welk

March 9, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Li

I like how people try to act like they know what's going on in complete strangers lives. Always sad to know a marriage ends, especially since it started with love. Best to both, including their child.

March 9, 2012 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  78. m&m

Marriage is a beautiful thing if you are with the right person .... I married the wrong men 2 times .... there won't be a 3rd ... TRUST ME ...I'M COOL .

March 9, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sarah

Your life story is interesting to no one.

March 9, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • m&m

TO SARAH ... IT MUST BE ... YOU REad it.

March 9, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • carm

m&m, you wrote "I married the wrong men 2 times", but what you should have written was "they married the wrong woman". There's 2 sides to every divorce.

March 9, 2012 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • m&m

@ SARAH ..THEY MARRIED THE RIGHT WOMAN DEAR .... THEY JUST DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH A GOOD WOMAN ... EVERYTHING ISN'T ALWAYS 2 SIDES LOVE ... IN ANY CASE ..I'LL TAKE YOUR COMMENT AS A COMPLIMENT .

March 9, 2012 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Dude

You seem cool M&M.

Sarah seems like a kunt.

March 10, 2012 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  79. sandy

I ALWAYS THOUGHT WHEN A MARIAGE WAS GOOD PEOPLE DID NOT STRAY.WHEN MEG R.MADE THE MOVIE WITH R.CROW.,SHE LEFT DENNIS. HE MUST HAVE PROBLEMS SOME WHERE.

March 9, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  80. republican

hey alumette....it states the WIFE filed for divorce..not him,so there goes your theory of the 'bully' kickin her to the curb... from what i can tell from your rant and lack of intelligence..you're a democrat..

March 9, 2012 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  81. judy

She looks like Meg!!

March 9, 2012 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  82. 1ofTheFallen

I live in Livingston, MT where Quaid and many other celebrities have second homes. When Quaid and Ryan were a item he had his moments. Quaid used to pull up to the local Dairy Queen drive through and pull out a Bull Horn to order. He thought it was funny expect for the 16 year old girls getting blasted while trying to take his order. The locals all just used to shake their heads. He's chilled out though because he hasn't done stuff like that since he Meg years

March 9, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jenna

That was back when he was heavily into drugs, hence, their divorce.

March 9, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • NanookoftheNorth

Re the bullhorn thing.....maybe Dennis is a little bit like Randy, afterall ??

March 10, 2012 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
  83. GaPeach

Sad for the children!

March 9, 2012 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • superdogs

Oh, get off it, Southerner. The kids are probably brats anyway, who spend all their time with nannies. They are better off without parents who fight all the time! That's a rotten way to live/grow up.

March 10, 2012 at 6:10 am | Report abuse |
  84. Jt_flyer

Who gets the airplanes Dennis?

March 9, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Randy Quaid

But why is he photographed with his daughter?

March 9, 2012 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Violetcin

Seriuosly, I thought you were on the run. Keeping up with family best way you can, huh? Honestly, I enjoyed your work. You going to get it together and do ot again? You are good and you know it. Stop messing around, when your 90 you can be stupid then.

March 10, 2012 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
    • claudia

thats funny!

March 10, 2012 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  86. Patrick

Frankly, they both seem like smart, concerned, dedicated parents to their kids and their customers (film & real estate).
    Marriage is a challenge and let's give them credit. All the Best to Both, as well as their family.

March 9, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Richard Fore

She is cute & nice like Bambi

March 9, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  88. pammers

I guess the twitter report that Dennis Quaid took a random girl back to his hotel on Valentine's Day were true?

March 9, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Marie

Too bad. Sounds like things went south pretty quick. I'm wondering if she just married for the $$$. Maybe she's a gold digger

March 9, 2012 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sandra

Maybe he just wanted a trophy wife. Guys do that you know.

March 10, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • garc

Whereas it means nothing that he's been married multiple times? And supposedly has problems with faithfulness?

March 10, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Dude

I hear he is kind of a richard. Goes with fame I guess.

March 10, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  90. buZysuZy

What the heck?!? That's too bad they couldn't work it out for the sake of their twins.

March 9, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  91. gee whiz

Wow...after all they've been through together regarding the twins. Given he was on marriage #3, I guess we should've seen the writing on the wall.

March 9, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  92. CN Red

"Kimberly has asked for all of their shared assets to be split down the middle." Sayz it all. Gold mining beotch.

March 9, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • alumette

without a pre-nup, she could get half of his stuff especially since they have 2 kids. Gold digger ? who knows. I doubt he is easy to live with. He seems to have a short fuse.

March 9, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mona

And a wandering eye...

March 9, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • NanookoftheNorth

California...community property...right down the middle is fair. I'm just glad to hear the twins have survived their terrible time in the NICU, after being given too much of a blood thinning drug and are now thriving 4 yr. olds :-)

March 10, 2012 at 3:31 am | Report abuse |
    • sockpuppet

well he wants her to get "nothing", so that makes him what, exactly? Sound fair to you?

March 10, 2012 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Boes73

She should definitely get some money and he should be financially responsible for the children but 1/2 is ridiculous. It's now that a spouse (man or woman) does not want to earn his/ber money. Marry someone rich and then you know that you can take 1/2 of something that was not rightfully yours in the first place - nice gold-digging plan.

March 10, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee Bolster

Are you really this "simple"...hahaha. They only get half what is made, etC...(now get ready for this and I'll go slow for you) DURING THE MARRIAGE...she is not digging for his gold, which I'm sure he pawned a loooong time ago the drug addict freakshow...

March 11, 2012 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
    • NanookoftheNorth

Sockpuppet – My comment was in SUPPORT of the wife, splitting it down the middle is fair...so to answer your question, NO, I do not think his view of not giving her anything is fair.

March 11, 2012 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
    • VelveteenLady

"Shared assets" usually means all of the assets that were acquired during the marriage. The couple probably has a prenup, which would preclude the wife from getting assets that the husband brought into the marriage. If, what another poster wrote, and the wife comes from money, that would be another reason for them to have had a prenup. If they don't have one, that was a huge mistake. Still, she is the mother of his children and should get child support, at the very least. Oh, and by the way, it is a well-known fact that people, who resort to name-calling ("beotch," who writes words like that, anyway?) have an extremely limited vocabulary and use of English. My suggestion would be for you to get some tutoring, so that you can learn how to express yourself, without resorting to elementary school behavior . . .name-calling.

March 11, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • jon

They have been married for going on 8 years. They have 2 children together. She should get half of everything.
      The court will rule as such no matter what you morons think.

March 12, 2012 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  93. Evel Knievel

That's why you don't get married, just kick her out and move on.

March 9, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • alumette

you are a dream....what every woman wants in her life.....a bully who uses women for cooking, cleaning, breeding and then kicks them to the curb. What a prince ! you have to be a republican...any kin of Newt or the junkie ??? what's his name ? yeah....Rush Dumbo.

March 9, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • fanatic

@alumette – Why are you bringing politics into this? Take your agenda elsewhere..jesus christ.

March 9, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • 1ofTheFallen

Yea – alumette – Bill Clinton, John and Ted Kennedy were all great husbands, cheaters and murderers. Throw you under the bus if you ever spoke up. These are the Democrats idols.

March 9, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cliff

I was in agreement with @alumette until she decided to make this a GOP political issue. Some people just can't restrain themselves from casting wide stereotypical nets, and we wonder why congress can't get along.

March 9, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leslie

Have to agree with Fanatic, 1ofTheFallen, and Cliff. Alumette – get a grip.

March 10, 2012 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
    • dennis f.

The primary reason is his past cocaine abuse. And now, he lashing out
      To the wife. I truly like his acting abilities. But, Hollywood media and
      Fame; Is the major cause of celebrity divorce.
      I wish them both luck and privacy, During this difficulty time.

March 10, 2012 at 3:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Splitsville

Amulette,

March 10, 2012 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Devon Rae

Who would marry you?A big b@@b stringy haired,meth headed, trailer trash,bleach blonde?No even she wouldn't want your mean a55.

March 10, 2012 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Isis

Hey !!

I know Kim Buffington, she's a beautiful woman from a good and very wealthy Texas family !!! She's the ** farthest ** thing ever from trailer trash or meth or a "golddigger" or whatever stupid things people who don't know her would say...

She's very Classy and considerate.
      Sorry they didn't work out, it happens.... For him to say she should "get nothing" is really insensitive and selfish, whatever. I would've never married him in the first place, lol.

Xox Lesley

March 10, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bucktooth

That's why you are ALONE!

March 10, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maria D.

alumette -if he's a republican does that make you acommunist? What a moronic statement you made simply because you hate the other guy's opinion. Then again, leftists want freedom of opinion but ONLY for themselves.

March 10, 2012 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • JointCustodyScam

Dennis – Don't trust "joint custody". It's a trick to get you to agree to generous terms during the divorce – then afterwards – her spineless sniveling immoral attorney will take 50/50 custody from you by draining your remaining assets. FIGHT TO GIVE HER SQUAT AND DIDDLY. Then – NEVER COHABITATE with a female again in this lifetime until the judicial system undergoes REFORMS. Get snipped too. Our corrupt courts use kids to drain equity from loving parents... it's their "carrot on the stick" to collect legal fees.

TRUST MY ADVICE. IT'S THE TRUTH. OUR FAMILY COURTS ARE PLAYGROUNDS FOR UNETHICAL LAWYERS.

GIVE HER NOTHING. TAKE EVERYTHING. She's going to take your kids anyway AFTER the divorce.

March 11, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • jung yung fung

thumbs up! thats exactly what i do.

March 11, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Inside the Hollywood Machine

He's got a littered wake of past cheating, substance abuse. Unfortunately, his "not wanting her to get anything" does not trump the LAW. Expect to see them reconcile, because this ploy is just to provide attention and publicity to a sagging career.

March 11, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • mark worrell

He slept with Meg Ryan for years; how much can there be left to do romantically?

March 12, 2012 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |