'Idol's' Jessica Sanchez covers Houston: Best of the night?
March 8th, 2012

'Idol's' Jessica Sanchez covers Houston: Best of the night?

We've seen some solid Whitney Houston tributes since her untimely passing in February, and "American Idol's" Jessica Sanchez turned in another on Wednesday.

The ladies on the Fox singing competition were tasked with singing Houston's songs while the boys took on tracks from Stevie Wonder. Sanchez took the stage to sing one of Houston's toughest, "I Will Always Love You."

Dressed in blue, she didn't hesitate to hit the high notes, prompting judge Randy Jackson to proclaim at the end (with a "yo" preceding it of course), "Jessica Sanchez is legit!"

Jackson continued, "This is one of the hardest songs in the world to sing. You not only are the best vocal of the night, I think you are one of the best singers in this whole competition!"

Jennifer Lopez was speechless, unable to say much more than "amazing," while Steven Tyler chimed in to say that Sanchez just made "40 million people cry."

Take a look at the video below: How well do you think she covered the Houston classic?

Filed under: American Idol 2012 • television

« Previous entry
  1. Hartley Services Cesspit Emptying

Thank you for the good writeup. It in truth used to be a leisure account it. Glance complex to far introduced agreeable from you! By the way, how can we communicate?

April 20, 2012 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  2. john

Jessica Sanchez is indeed the one to beat. Nobody even comes close to her big wonderful voice thinking she's only 16. If AI becomes a real talent contest and not a popularity contest, she will definitely win.

March 25, 2012 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
  3. beelady950

The song was written by the one and only Dolly Parton so the girl didn't cover Houston. So sick of Whitney getting all the credit for that song.

March 10, 2012 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  4. cgt2002

Are you kidding me?! I stopped watching American Idol a few years ago bc the performances were just not as good as the first few seasons, and now this girl is here and, O MY GOODNESS, that was amazing! This song is literally one of most difficult to sing and she was right there with WH. Wow, I'm amazed, This girl needs to win!

March 9, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. superdogs

for CNN: Why are lewd and obscene comments allowed on this site? Why are the postings about some guy wanting his "privates" licked STILL ON HERE???? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU???????

March 9, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Nicole

That was a magnificent performance. I just can't see how it can be any better unless you are Whitney Houston.

March 9, 2012 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  7. No comparison at all

Ms Sanchez was good, but IMHO, she does not compare at all to Whitney's version. Please Idol, and other music shows, all of you stop fooling yourselves, contestants should not even try to sing this. The timbre of Whitney's voice is unparalleled. Even the best of music teachers cannot change the tone of someone's voice. It is a purely physical thing.

March 9, 2012 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  8. Dott

Please get off the race crap. This is American Idol. We have people from all sections of the world who are now Americans however, that does not mean that we should choose one or two from each race, even if they have no talent. This racial bias garbage is worth forgetting please.

March 9, 2012 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  9. superdogs

Jessica is adorable, and she rocked that song Tuesday night!! Good for her! I hope she wins! We love you, Jessica!!
    Skylar: go home! We saw enough hillbillies last season to last a lifetime!

March 9, 2012 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  10. P.J.

I can`t believe Randy said this was one of the hardest songs in the world to sing. Written by Dolly Parton, it is a very simple song. If Randy meant following up on WH death and her version of the song, then maybe. But technically, this is a very simple song.

March 9, 2012 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
    • superdogs

Yeah, right. Can YOU sing it like that?

March 9, 2012 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
    • No comparison at all

Yes, you are right, it is a simple song, but Whitney Houston's rendition of the song, as noted by Dolly herself, is an unmatched musical Grammy all by itself. I think that is what most people, including Randy mean when they say that.

March 9, 2012 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Misty

yes the Dolly Parton version is fairly straight forward, but not the Whitney version. People should just sing the song and not try to do the Whitney version because they will be compared to her. Thus far, there is no one who can sing that version as natural and effortless as Whitney so stop trying.

March 9, 2012 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
    • DrDroid

Typical Randy Jackson hyperbole with no substance.

March 10, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  11. EWagner635

First of all CNN, you should report that idol hit the mark on a Dolly Parton song, NOT a Whitney Houston cover song. Not only did Dolly sing it, she wrote it. Just because Whitney has been in the news lately, doesn't mean you shouldn't report the facts.

March 9, 2012 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  12. JustSaying

Hate to break it to anyone who still watches this god forsaken show. This show has lost what it was about. TALENT!!! It's more based on tweens voting on who's more popular and who has the biggest sob story. I'm just waiting for the day this show gets canceled and is no longer on the air so I can celebrate.

March 9, 2012 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  13. Caloy Payat

Jessica is amazing! She sings effortlessly and her tones are ethereal―angelic. We are cheering her on from the Philippines!

March 9, 2012 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  14. Methinks

While Skylar is one of my favorites, I think she overdid it a bit last night. Some of it sounded like out of tune shouting. I think both Hollie and Erika did better than her last night.

March 9, 2012 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  15. jamesnyc

Sorry, she can belt but she ain't no Whitney. I have played backup to Dionne Warwick who is Whitney's cousin and Dionne had effortless POWER. Same with Whitney. Whitney not only could sing the long notes but she had the beef that there was no strain in singing them and then the high notes. This young lady simply doesn't have that yet. Amber has a little more power but her top is no match for Whitney and Hudson's voice while huge doesn't have a top.
    What I hope doesn't happen is that a lot of young good singers don't blow themselves out by trying to do Whitney. It takes years to build that power.

March 8, 2012 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Ed Craft

This girl needs to go. She's an obnoxious, spoiled, Asian princess.

March 8, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  17. DrDroid

Jessica did a good job, but if you want to hear a better performance you should listen to Amber Riley's version sung on Glee after Whitney died:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kZO6smypHw&w=640&h=390]

Amber absolutely nailed it and I would pick her performance over Jennifer Hudson and Jessica Sanchez any day.

March 8, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • P.J.

Indeed. No question.

March 9, 2012 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
    • No comparison at all

Totally concur, I didn't watch this tribute as I have a hard time listening to singers try to sing Whitney's songs, but I must agree that this was way better than Ms Sanchez or Jennifer Hudson. It is also one of the best I have ever heard as well....yes, Amber nailed the runs and pitch, and had that sweetness to the tone as well, but there was still that something missing that only Whitney has. It is sad to me that people hear Ms Sanchez and think that she compares at all.

March 9, 2012 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  18. CSBP

You all forget this is Dolly's Song and yes Whiney H did a great job of it As did Linda R and I have to say that Amber Riley did this song so so freaking good, and then we have Jessica all i can say is WOWZA we need a encore from her very nicely done.

March 8, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  19. MrsFizzy

The Taiwanese boy who covered IWALY was better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2Ur8COccE0
    Still she was best of the girls.

March 8, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Beka

I didn't watch the show cause I was @ work, but she might be good tonight and not next week. That's how it goes. If she can sing any kind of songs every week, then we can applause her then. Good day!!!

March 8, 2012 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  21. I dunno. . . queso?

I think that she did AMAZING. And I punctuate and finish complete sentences well. I am in advanced L.A. . //shot

March 8, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • nancheska

Man, that was beautiful. I think that's a song that is pretty much unique to Whitney, so the best way to approach it is to put your own signature on it, which Ms. Sanchez did. Is it Whitney? No, but it's still a superb performance.

March 9, 2012 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  22. Aries

Jessica did good, but my favorites of the night were Hollie and Skylar

March 8, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Corey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxZ0SpyZQ0s This is an AMAZING cover! :D

March 8, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  24. AMERICAN IDOL IS THE BEST

I am enjoying all the 13 contestants, some of the males have also great voice, good luck to all of them. I'll be watching tonight.

March 8, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Janet37

Heejun Han was good, too. Nobody mentioned him.

March 8, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  26. jeanni

Is it just me or is J-HO annoying to listen to. She gives NO constructive criticism, other than I got the GOOSEYS!!! What a jack-ass! I think Mary J or Jimmy Levine should be judges NOT these 3 bozos!!!

March 8, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Jana

This is the best version next to Whitney's I have ever heard. If this girl is not in the finals I will be totally shocked.

March 8, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  28. salleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

That's punctuate...I mistyped.

March 8, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  29. salleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

As usual, the majority of people who write these messages are idiots...can't spell, can't puncuate, can't form a full
    sentence without at least five mistakes. Does ANYONE who writes in go past the third grade?

Jessica was great, Skylar was very good, Colton, Heejun, and a number of others were good. Shannon and Elise
    didn't do well last night, and neither did Deandre, but he's good to look at.

Learn to write, people. I was an educator in an elementary school and the second graders could write better that this
    group of illiterates.

March 8, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Darn Mexican

"puncuate"
      "Does ANYONE who writes in go past the third grade?"

saleeeeeee, don't know where you were a teacher, but I suspect that it was the breeding ground for the illiterates posting here...

March 10, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  30. roy

Jessica Sanchez is the best singer on American Idol this year but will probably get voted off if the show hasn't changed its voting proceedures from last year which ended up being a popularity contest instead of a singing contest.

March 8, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • .•|•.

Thank you for saying that, I agree completely! The voting most certainly should have changed. So, like last year, the tweens will vote for the kid (don't know his name right off) that looks like a younger version of Justin Beiber.

March 8, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Rachael

I think Jessica sang wonderful. No one is ever going to sing the same as Whitney, but Jessica came close to that. Surprised and amazed when she finished the song:)

March 8, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Ramona D

People stop all the non sense! Jessice was the best and then Hollie!!!!!! Openn your ears and listen.

March 8, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Angel03

In my opinion there are a few great singer..the best depends on your preference..deandre..Joshua..Jeremy..Erika..Jessica..and skylar all have extreme talent!! Good luck to all..

March 8, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • scissors

Deandre? Really?
      I bet he won't last 3 weeks! However if his voice was half as pretty as he was, then he'd have a better chance.

March 8, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  34. forreal

Jessica Sanchez was just great. In singing the song "I will always love you", it was not to immitate Whitney, but to show the ranges of her voice; it's a difficult song to sing and whoever sings it, must sing it the same way. This is a song you just can't change and if you can sing it the way Whitney sang it, with the high and lows, you passed the test!!

March 8, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  35. sean

She was awful and none of you with any hearing would actually spend money on her and also no way an asian wins idol NO WAY!!!
    and stop picking on poor Richard

March 8, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  36. FlowerHawk

The Lord took Whitney home but sent us Jessica Sanchez so that we could continue to hear what an angel sounds like!!! God has blessed you Jessica!!!

March 8, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • really!

Jesus, dont make me puke!

God didnt come and get Whitney to take her home!
      Whitney was hooked on drugs, and didnt have enough love for her family and friends (or even her own daughter) to over come her habits.
      God didnt take her "home" she killed herself by her own risque drug use!
      Jessica is certainly talented, but im sure she had her gift way before Whitney died. So stop pretending that god has made some fair trade with the planet. And god will not see to it that Jessica wins American Idol. He doesn't get involved with things like that. Sorry!

March 8, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Chris

She's good but probably not as good as this right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWAKQCdGY3o&list=LLufohNTouZAC-ZW4o7kWffA&feature=mh_lolz

March 8, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Guest

Id like to get dirty with that sanchez

March 8, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Laurin

She did a good job...just no Whitney....there were a few moments vocally that were spot on with Whitney's ...I thought Elise Testone did a good job with her song seeing as though it was last minute and Elisa has a lower pitched , raspy voice...I dont know why they were so rough on her...Hollie Cavanaugh did a wonderful job....and I think if she would have chosen "I Will Always Love you" she would have come out on top as well....The girls ruled last night on Idol

March 8, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Sunnysout

Jessica's performance was stunning. I have watched Idol since the beginning and while others have tried their hand at a Whitney or Mariah song, and did respectable, this young lady knocked it out of the ball park. As I watched her perform, I could tell that she would not struggle with the vocals or have pitchy moments, but I never expected her to deliver such a flawless, beautiful rendition. She practically channeled Whitney. Jessica is not my favorite, but dang, this girl has chops! Nice job with a difficult song.

March 8, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  41. SW13

her voice is too soft (too "asian") for that song

March 8, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Becki

Too many bigots on here. Her voice is too soft – too asian? Whatever that means. They can all sing better than any of us. Why not just enjoy the songs instead of putting talented people down for the color of their skin. I agree with the person that said if you can't get past color, then go pluck your eyes out.

March 8, 2012 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • superdogs

Last I looked, Jessica SANCHEZ was of Hispanic descent, not Asian; and her voice is AWESOME!

March 9, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  42. yvie

One week down, ten to go! Can't judge, who's a contender this early in the game

March 8, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  43. kd

The guy at the very top of the video had it right: too much vibrato. And too much crazy vocal scaling. That stuff is really super easy to do. It's the same with an instrument – you can flip your fingers in trills and runs and it sounds hard but it's the easiest thing in the musician world to do.

She would have blown me away if she actually sustained notes and tone. Just when I thought she might, she fell back on all the crazy runs. Too bad.

March 8, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laurin

I so agree with you KD on the runs in Jessica's performance ...too much and detracted from the song..

March 8, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Tree

She was ok compare to the others.......she is no Whitney. She is overrated. AI sucks The Voice is the one...........

March 8, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Peggy Smith

I think that Jessica was alright, but she is getting too much press about this one performance. Holly, Skylar and Phillip were absolutely fantastic, but nobody seems to be singing their praises.

March 8, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • whitney fan!

Peggy, I think you nailed it!
      Spot on in your judgment. As I believe Jessica had a good performance. I dont believe she will be in the final top 3.
      I think the final top 3 will be Hollie, Skylar, and Phillip!

March 8, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sunnysout

I agree Peggy. Jessica isn't my favorite, but wow she did a crazy job on a very difficult song. I had just said to my husband that I noticed no one had sung I will always love you. I think the reason no one is raving over the other performances is due to the fact, that is a difficult song. Not only did she nail it, but she had the runs and trills that are Whitney-esque! Not sure Jessica will go far in AI, but her performance was a stand out last night because of the level of difficulty.

March 8, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • really!

I would have liked to have heard Shannon sing it. And she was going to until jimmy, and Mary, talked her out of it. I kinda feel like they sabotaged her last night. Making her (Shannon) sing something she wasn't comfortable singing. I think the coaches need to steer clear of taking away the choices of the performers.
      I think it's one of the reasons Shannon sounded like a train wreck last night. I hope she gets another chance, but it's not looking good for her.

March 8, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  46. KindredEX

You mean Dolly Parton's song, right?

March 8, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peggy Smith

Right on – nobody seems to remember that it wasn't Whitney's song. Half of them probably don't even know who Dolly is!

March 8, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • really!

Right, and a lot of people give Whitney credit for her interpretation of "I will always love you", because it was different from Dolly's.
      What they dont realize is that it wasn't Whitney's interpretation either, she copied it directly from Linda Rondstats, interpretation. Of course when she received awards for the song, she never thanked Dolly for permitting her to use it. And she never thanked Linda for using her interpretation of it. So basically, she was untrue, fake, and self serving to say the least! not to mention a drug user, who did drugs with her own child!

March 8, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • P.J.

WH doesn't have to thank Dolly. Every time that song gets played, Dolly gets paid, and she loves it.

March 9, 2012 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  47. PilipinoPedo

Like Jimmy Iovine said – "I'd sign her up right now"!!!

March 8, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  48. angeleyes

This is no one, i repeat, no one on the face of the earth who can sing like Whitney or who ever will. That being said, there are people who can do a song justice and do a great job which Jessica did.

March 8, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • WhitneyIsDead

Whitney was good – but she wasn't God. You want us to build Whitney a shrine so we can pray to her – GOOD GRIEF!!!

March 8, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • whitney fan!

You're right. Even Whitney couldn't sing like Whitney! Any "great" live performance was prerecorded, like when she sang the national anthem at the super bowl, or when she sang "one moment in time" at the olympics. They were great, but prerecorded. Whitney was horrible when she sang live. But she did have one of those voices that was made great in the studio. Love her cd's but to sing live, she was horrendous!

March 8, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Team Canada

Celine Dion skates circles around Withney.

Jessica was awsone. for thos who dont like her, You got to be racist,No other explanation.

Kellly and Carrie will have some company at the top

March 8, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • really!

I agree team Canada! Celine's voice is impeccable!
      And she can sing all of her songs live. Without any problem!

March 8, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  49. really?

So who do you think will be going home tonight?

March 8, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • idolfan

Chat remember her name, but I bet on the girls side anyway, that the girl who sang "I have nothing" will get the boot!
      And on the boys side. I think it will probably be either Joshua, or deandre* (might have spelled his name wrong).

March 8, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peggy Smith

Probably that girl Shannon (the tall one) – I think that she was probably the worst last night.

March 8, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • whitney fan!

Yup! That would be her.

March 8, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  50. shelbydawkins

Not too impressed with Ms. Sanchez. Yeah she can sing nice but her cover of that song was... just a technically perfect, nice little rendition. Colton and Phillip were the real standouts.

March 8, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peggy Smith

Totally agree! My fear now is that she's gonna win the whole thing.

March 8, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • AIluvr

I absolutely agree. Phillip Phillips is this year's Casey Abrams and I love him. Also think Holly is great. It's amazing to hear that voice coming out of such a tiny, little thing. The one who can go for me is Jermaine, the gentle giant. If I have to see him cry one more time, I'll puke!!!

March 8, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Dey

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!

March 8, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Viz

Apparently she's a ventriloquist as well. Her last "oooooh" last long after she stopped singing and moved the mic away from her mouth. Watch the last 15 seconds of the song....

March 8, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Steve-O

" 'Idol' Had A Moment "

The key word missing from that frontpage tagline is "bowel".

March 8, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Viz

That "moment" was when the chick screeched her way through "I Have Nothing". Watch the last 15 seconds of the obvious PLANT of the year aka Jessica Sanchez....the last "ooooooooh" continued even after she stopped "singing" and moved the mic away from her mouth. Perhaps she's one of those "triple-threat-singer-ventriloquist-illusionist" acts....

March 8, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • jnpa

She never moved the mic away from her mouth, so I don't know what you are talking about. She smiled during the last note, but was still singing that last note.

March 8, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Deanna

I think she was fabulous. I cried, too, I'm not ashamed to admit. I grew up listening to Whitney. That song was done fabulously last night. I loved Skylar's rendition, too. She's one of my favs.

March 8, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave

You can admit that, and I'll admit this: I'm a 40 yr old hard rocker guy from Alberta and I freaking cried!! Yeah, I said it. It was probably my most favorite performance from any Idol contestant in years, maybe since AI started. I'm usually partial to the James Durban or Chris Daughtry types, for their rockstar prowess, but wowzers, Jessica knocked that tune out of the park. It was truly a stunning performance!!

March 8, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Skylar Fan

I agree I think Skylar is awesome! I honestly think she did the best. Jessica is very good but also very trained and has a lot of professional experience being she does sing The National Anthem in San Diego and has had vocal lessons etc etc etc....Skylar is a natural ;-)

March 8, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • superdogs

I don't know what you were watching, but Skylar did not sing the same song. Jessica was AWESOME, but Skylar should yodel back on down to her trailer park and the sooner the better. We had more than enough of "hillbilly Idol" last season!

March 9, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  55. rob s

his thoughts are more in line with liberals then conserveatives.

March 8, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  56. CS

Faves of the night...Jessica, Phillip and Holly!

March 8, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • gonzalez

which one is the illegal wetback bean eatin alien?

March 8, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • whitney fan!

@gonzalez

Really?
      Why are you so racist! Yet you use a Latino name. Get out of your trailer park, get an education. And for god sakes if you can't get passed the color of people's skin, then pluck your eyes out!

March 8, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  57. david

Dont call him conserveative

March 8, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  58. really?

Oh Richie!
    the same woman denigrating, gay, hating right, winged, holier than thou, racist, Christian conservative. That goes into every blog on CNN to spew hatred. Have you no bottom? you couldn't be more vile or disgusting! Im so tickled that you are a dying breed!
    Good to see ya go!

March 8, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  59. deb

She was absolutely amazing....stunning.

March 8, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Troy Olsen

Jessica sure is a talented cutie.

March 8, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  61. Richard Fore

Appearantly its international woman's day. So I'd like them all to blow me and lick my balls.

March 8, 2012 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Well Now

We all know you wouldn't let a woman near your little four-incher Richie! Grow up and stop telling everyone to lick your balls!

March 8, 2012 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Classy

Women can't lick what you don't have... just sayin'

March 8, 2012 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Janet Lopes

You ladies Know ole'Dicky4'well lol.

March 8, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • LAB

Everybody knows that 4'"looser"right Dicky lmao

March 8, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Ruthie

Not a chance of that happening. It wouldn't even happen on National Richard Fore Day.

March 8, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard Fore

I'd like to apologize to everyone here. As you all can see, I'm a stupid f_ukkking idiot.

March 8, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sad...

It is sad to see someone that is on every board, every day to ask people to lick their balls.... How old are 12 Oh no, wait, 12, should be in school or not I guess, in a trailer park somewhere...

March 8, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • cal

You are one "s-i-c-k" --!

March 8, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sally

No Richard, you are a troll....now do us all a favor and crawl back under that bridge your lurk under

March 8, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard Fore

No, really, you all must understand this about me. You see, when I was younger (I'm 13yrs old now), I fell from a 3 story roof top and landed on my head. So from that day forward all I do and say now are just stupid things.

March 8, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jae

Richie, then ur saying ur name is George W. Bush right?

March 8, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard Fore

I am a tranny. I am one ugly tranny. I am a stupid tranny. I'm a gay tranny.

March 8, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • really!

Lmao! Jae... Good one!

March 8, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  62. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVdV4X2M2AI&w=640&h=390]

March 8, 2012 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  63. Idol Girl

Tops for me this week were Jessica and Hollie.

March 8, 2012 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
    • my choices

My tops for this week..
      Jessica
      Hollie
      Skylar
      And of course Phillip Phillips!

March 8, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Imus in the evening

They could speed up this season, and just crown Jessica. The others should be sent home NOW. And she's easy on the eyes too-HOT.

March 9, 2012 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
    • superdogs

You're spot on! I completely agree! Jessica and Hollie are, IMO, the very best of all the contestants! Deandre is very good, too, and very adorable!

March 9, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  64. trix are for kids

Well know, I heard something differant then, the girls sux!

March 8, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Ruthie

You're obviously tone deaf. The girl is unbelievable.

March 8, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • tm

Hey Trix ... not only are you uneducated you have a tin ear. Please grow up and crawl back under your rock.

March 8, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • my choices

@ "trix are for kids"
      & Richard fore! Considering they are the same person!

Like those on a journey to oz!
      You are without heart, brains, and courage!
      Yet unlike them, you have no desire to improve on your inadequacies!
      You simply a wicked witch!
      Now be gone with yourself before someone drops a house on you!

March 8, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • jnpa

The contest was not who can sound the most like Whitney Houston. It was just to since her songs. Jessica Sanchez is an absolutely fantastic singer who did a great job singing that song.

March 8, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • jnpa

I type too fast. My last post should be "It was just to sing her songs" not "since her songs"

March 8, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • loretta

time for a spanish girl to win – its otherwise fixed with some real crappy singers

March 8, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • really!

Loreeta, racist much? You sound like your buddy Richard!
      Hmm! Wonder why that is?

March 8, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Truant Officer

I'd educate you if you were able to understand anything more than puppets and crayons. Unfortunately you're not, and I'm fresh out of both.

Now go back outside. The sand misses your head.

March 8, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Glee Fan

Did you hear mercedes on the Glee episode just after the passing of WH? Now that was amazing!

March 8, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • debbiey

Seriously?? You are an idiot and a tone deaf one at that!!

March 8, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • LOVE AMERICAN IDOL

This young lady really was great last night, I have my favorites and she is one of them. Way to go American Idol. Love the judges.

March 8, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • FlipInCanuckland

@loretta: she's actually Filipino-American, so you're partially right in calling her Spanish....

March 8, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Simon562

I watched that over and over....she was amazing...and I don't watch Idol.

Trix..perhaps if you could SPELL you might be able to hear as well.

THAT was a voice!

March 8, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • kv54

She sang that song better than jennifer H did on the grammy's.

March 8, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • superdogs

Well aren't you just the tone-deaf illiterate!

March 9, 2012 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
    • hush

Go back to school. Your grammar and misuse of the English language is a crime.

March 9, 2012 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |