Could 'Terra Nova' end up with Netflix?
March 8th, 2012

Could 'Terra Nova' end up with Netflix?

Netflix seems to be getting on the right side of TV fans.

The company is already resuscitating cult favorite "Arrested Development," and according to Entertainment Weekly, Netflix also has its eye on Steven Spielberg's now canceled "Terra Nova."

The series was canceled earlier this week after one season, but 20th Century Fox TV and Netflix are chatting about the possibility of bringing "Terra Nova" to life once again.

Those in the know strongly emphasize that the discussion is preliminary, but it seems that if Netflix were to pick up "Terra Nova's" story, there would be some interest.

EW notes that the show might wind up the highest-rated cancellation of the season, with an average of 3.6 in the adult demographic, and 10.1 million viewers.

Filed under: Celebrities • Fall TV • television

1. depth finders

Hey there, You have performed an excellent job. I'll certainly digg it and in my view recommend to my friends. I am sure they'll be benefited from this site.

May 18, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Trisha

I really hope that Terra Nova can come back. It is a great adventure; and Iwould hate to see it gone. FOX certainly makes a lot of stupid moves now and again and this is one of them.

March 9, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  3. pamela papadimitriou

I Loved This Show. It was a nice mixture of drama, science fiction and mystery! I even recorded it so I wouldn't miss one! I hope it comes back.

March 9, 2012 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  4. .•|•.

I watched it, actually, I dvr'd it. I'm not heartbroken it was cancelled. It was 1 of those "take it or leave it" shows.

March 8, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Grumpster

The show stunk to high heaven. The lead character is really what put me off of the show. That and everything about it was as cliche and bland vanilla pudding as it could get. Simply dumbed down too far even for network TV. If NF picks it up, they'd better do some re-casting and make it a little more savvy and not aimed straight at the 80IQ level.

March 8, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  6. xjdavid

I wanted to like this show, and I gave it a fair shot. But I thought it was boring, predictable, and pedestrian in about every way. Good riddance.

March 8, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. A7XChristen

Man, that really stinks. I really liked Terra Nova, I know a lot of other people who did too. It was refreshing to have the option of something that wasn't some sort of reality show, a comedic (attempted at least) sitcom, a cop show, or a medical drama. I hope someone has the smarts to pick it up and keep it going. I don't even turn on my TV on Mondays since the season ended, and its looking like that is going to continue. Oh well, TV rots your brains anyways right? lol!

March 8, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Matt

I hope this does happen. I enoyed the series and was shocked that it didn't get picked up. Not sure why - as most of the shows I enjoy end up being canceled well before their time, while they continue to renew horrible (but cheap to produce) shows like American Idol, The Voice, "Reality" TV, etc.

March 8, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  9. tvjudge

Netflix is doing pretty good right now. There's even talk of Netflix teaming up with cable television. I would be happy if Terra Nova came back on Netflix. I was really surprised it was cancelled. There are plenty of other shows that don't deserve to be on TV but that wasn't one of them in my opinion.

March 8, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Richard Fore

I hope everyone had a terrible day and that your spouse or significant other is shacking up with the neighbor while your at work. LMB's!

March 8, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Bill

I hope they bring Terra Nova back on any other network. The series started off slow but it got very interesting as the characters developed over the course of the season. With 10.1 million viewers I was shocked Fox canceled after only one year. It at least deserved a second year to see if the viewers stuck around. It seems like anything SCIFI doesn't stick around very long, could be the cost I guess?

March 8, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • azDave

I love good sci-fi and I really, really tried to get into Terra Nova, but it was simply a crummy show. It had a great premise but wasted it on trite plots that could have been set in any urban neighborhood of today. Replace the dinosaurs with a few rabid dogs and you have it. It was a horribly written show.

March 9, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mike

I had given up on Fox but started watching again because of Terra Nova, now yet again nothing has changed with Fox. They have issues with killing good shows off so I am done with them.

March 8, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  13. Get a room

Who cares. The intellect on this show is below substandard.

March 8, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Observer

Sup Evel. By the way Get a room is never a blue link.

March 8, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Phip

Who cares that you don't care? I don't care, even though i read your comment and am now replying. Unless I didn't care enough not to read your comment, at which point i only replied, but that would mean that my reply wouldn't make any sense since i wouldn't know that i'd be replying to someone who obviously doesn't care. In fact this person doesn't care enough to write a message dictating to all how much they don't care; just like i have now done in all my not caring-ness.

March 8, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • MikeyNYC

Its hard to even invest the time in any new genre television show any longer when it seems about 85% – 90% of them don't make it past the first season. Even those who may get past the first season are usually cancelled in the second, which leaves viewers with no resolution to any story line and lots of hatred towards network executives. Terra Nova never was very interesting, since it was basically an "Avatar" wannabe/rip off that even cast one of Avatar's stars for a lead role. Terra Nova may have made an interesting Syfy channel miniseries, but not a regular network series.

March 9, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • ElKai0

Rofl, Eat a dick. What kind of crap do you watch? Two and Half Men? Maybe some Road Rules Real world Challenge. Terra nova is the shiznit, and i hope to go Netflix picks it up. A show that has an actual plot and some interesting characters? Why would fox ever want that on there network. Fox has the worst programming department on earth, they have canned so many cult favorites and now they are aiming for House too, despite the actors wanting to take a paycut to stay on the air for another year to have a proper finale they want to rush them to 13 remaining episodes and get rid of one of the best shows on there crap network. Im sure they are just going to shove more American Idol CRAP down our throat or the retarded X-Factor crap. No more singing shows, who gives a crap if people can sing. Doesnt matter in the music industry anymore anyway. GO NETFLIX!

March 12, 2012 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |