Yes, that was Katy Perry on 'Raising Hope'
March 7th, 2012

Yes, that was Katy Perry on 'Raising Hope'

With "Raising Hope" taking "Glee's" place on Tuesday nights for a few weeks, the Fox comedy – currently on the bubble for a third season – had to make a splash.

It doesn't hurt that series regular Shannon Woodward is besties with Katy Perry. Though if you watched Tuesday night's episode, you may not have been aware that that was Katy Perry. But we'll get to that in a moment.

As far as I can tell, "Raising Hope" is only the second TV comedy to touch on the Occupy Wall Street movement (the first being "South Park").

On Tuesday's episode, Sabrina was the lone holdout when the police arrived to "Occupy Natesville," and she gave one a swift kick to the nether regions, guaranteeing her a stay in prison. (The fact that one protester, Barney, had to leave as he was an auxiliary police officer was a nice touch.)

While Jimmy missed his girlfriend (and it's about time these two got together), and tried to help her out as best he could, things went from bad to worse for Sabrina.She met a prison guard (the unrecognizable Perry) who insisted they were old junior high school frenemies.

While Sabrina's life is being made a living hell on the inside, Burt and Virginia happened upon the fact that Natesville's mayor was a drunk and worked it to their advantage.

I really appreciated that this episode gave us a bigger look at the town of Natesville. More and more, show creator Greg Garcia is introducing similar elements to his previous series "My Name is Earl" (Camden County was practically a character on that show), including the reappearance of Eddie Steeples ("Crabman" is now a pizza delivery man).

After an uneven spate of fall episodes, the last few have been the best of the season, so hopefully the audience will find "Raising Hope" in what could be a difficult slot.

Are you enjoying this season? Did you recognize Perry? Share your iReport video or comment below.

1. morbidfelicia

*Yup I did recognize Katy Perry rite away how can you miss her HUGE Gray eyes and lips lol anyway I love the show and the people who are in a big stink bout the Pig episode seriously need to get off their high horse and chill the f***k out! It's called ENTERTAINMENT!!! There is going to be alot of things tht people don't all agree on and wht people consider funny and if you dont like it and wht kinda comedy is on the show thn thts fine and jus dont watch. It's tht damn simple you dont need to go "complain to Fox" and wht not if you do tht thn you have entirely too much time on your hands... and the lady tht said she was going to do tht over tht one episode does tht she is jus proving my point. If she is so worried bout her kids watching tht sho thn maybe she should pay more closer attn to the rating they play at the beginning of every tv show (G, PG, PG-14) ETC., and not let her kids stay up so late to watch shows rated 14 and up. So yea she wants to dis the show well thn i dis her for being a crybaby and not a good mom 4 "subjecting" her kids to just tv and spending time w/em instead. so suk on tht one complaining BIATCH!!! lol

October 11, 2012 at 6:53 am | Report abuse |
  2. CN Red

Observer is a complete moronic stooge. Just ignore the stupid troll.

March 28, 2012 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
    • morbidfelicia

i totally agree w/u i also just posted a comment too bout sum irrate mom over the pig episode on the sho.. she is just so damn ridiculous!!!! God i hate people its like if you dont like something fine you dont like it dont watch and move on y try to ruin it for us tht do ya kno!!! GRRR o well lol

October 11, 2012 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  3. situation

I love katy perry she is perfect in every way. I can't wait to see what she does next. I'm a katy kat.

March 8, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  4. Erica gem

I did recognize her.

March 7, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  5. Observer

Liberal.
    Garbage.

Why is this stuff even on the air?

March 7, 2012 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Edwin

Clearly, because some people enjoy it. I suppose you think the government should control what TV shows are on, instead of the viewing audience? To use your sort of generalizations, that fits well with the conservative agenda of controlling our social lives...

March 7, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill

Conservative.
      Ignoramus.

Why are these morons online?

March 7, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • lb2

I'm a conservative and I found Katy Perry hilarious! The show is always funny, but seeing Katy Perry with a mustache and that wig was a home run.

March 7, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • LMFAO

I like that show that you call "Garbage". U face is grbage HAHAHAHA!

March 10, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Regina

Found out it was Katy Perry this morning. She did a great job on the show. I had no idea it was her and she made me laugh. Her job as an actress accomplished. I also have to give the hair and make up an applause too.

March 7, 2012 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • cgd

Hi,

Not about Katy Perry episode – but pig episode. If anyone saw last night, a seeing eye pig (intelligent and well behaved) was brutally slaughtered by grandma. It was awful – I turned off the set as my 2 young children both got very upset. There should have been a disclaimer before the show that such violence was about to occur. I was mortified. Fox TV and the cast of the show should be ashamed of themselves. A public apology is required. I will direct my local PTA to boycott the show. Anyone else see the show or casre to respond. Please complain to FOX.

March 28, 2012 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |