Jessica Simpson strips down to show baby bump
March 7th, 2012

Jessica Simpson strips down to show baby bump

Jessica Simpson's shopping for pink: The singer revealed to Elle magazine in its April issue that she and fiance Eric Johnson are awaiting a little girl.

But don't expect for their new arrival to have a name remotely as common as Simpson's - they're going for something "nontraditional."

"It's nothing shocking and nothing you'll have to add to the dictionary," she says. "Still, when people hear it, they'll know...why."

Simpson's due this spring - her doctor has said to expect a 10-pound newborn - and the 31-year-old tells Elle that she knew intuitively that she was pregnant.

"We were going to go have an all-day drinking binge," she recalls. "Going to ride our bikes, hang out...do naughty things. But I started feeling this overwhelming guilt. Why would I feel guilt at the idea of going out and having cocktails with my friends?"

And of course, after confirming her instincts were right, Simpson had to part ways with a few things.

"I'm a free-spirited girl, but giving up my scotch? My Macallan 18? That was hard for me!" she says. "Though now that doesn't even sound good, being pregnant. You crave other things."

As for what her unborn daughter will crave, Simpson's betting she'll take after her dad.

"I swear I will croak if she asks me for a pair of Nikes instead of Christian Louboutins!" she says. "Eric is so athletic. We're going to have this athletic girl and I won't even be able to take her shopping."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Becky

She looks fantastic! Magazine probably picked pose, will get as many stars as possible to do same one & brand it.

March 29, 2012 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
  2. Sam

Sad that my children are able to see this on the grocery store asile. Purely unexcusable.

March 18, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. The Hook

Is there no originality left in the print media? How many times are we going to be subjected to the same cover?
    The incompetent losers at Elle should be ashamed of themselves for "phoning in" a cover! Pathetic.

March 12, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  4. crabbyappleton

wow, she had to give up her drinking binges...sooo sad...and we honor someone like that by placing her pic on a magazine cover...she sets a FINE example for young woman !

March 12, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Virginey Sperms

Hi,
    Long gone are those days when pregnancy was something almost sacred and private. What is going on? What goes through a person's mind, a mother-to-be to go and pose naked and pregnant on the cover of a magazine? Serioulsy, I'd be embarrased if my mom had done that before I was even born. It's not Jessica`s fault, she's just not mature enough to know what she's doing...it will eventually sink in...it's more of a cultural issue.

March 11, 2012 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  6. RobCord

I agree she has a pretty face but an ass the size of Texas

March 10, 2012 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  7. RobCord

I just saw her photo in celeberties without makeup she is awesome ah la natural.

March 10, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  8. Hadenuffyet

Ewww....the stretch is coming , it'll never be the same fellas..lol

March 9, 2012 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  9. canudunk

Marge Simpson is mad now at Homer

March 9, 2012 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  10. jim

When you go drinking with the boys, you end up prenant with a big belly! I wonder how she knows whick guys juice got her pregnant?

March 8, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  11. musicdorian

How utterly self indugent. No, honey, we don't want a picture of your big fat belly on the front page of the news. Only stupid females would find this attractive.

March 8, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chieatfetus

So unnecessary & tasteless: put some clothes on & stop ruining your image!
    if she thinks she looks good she's got another thing coming.

March 8, 2012 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  13. billy jester

I smell fish.

March 8, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Annie

Pretty disgusting to see another unwed mother flaunting her pregnancy. What has happened to this country that we reward this kind of thing? She's come a long way from her "virgin" days.

March 8, 2012 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • HRPuckinfutz

Self-righteous people like you make me, and most of the World, sick.

March 8, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Donna

To all of you Jessica bashers: This photo did not pop up in front of your eyes against your will; you had to click on a link to see it. The link plainly said what it was. If you didn't want to see it, WHY did you click on it?!? I don't personally care for Jessica Simpson, and the photo is clearly airbrushed, but nobody FORCED me to look at it. If she feels beautiful being pregnant (as many women do and so did I at the time) and wants to pose on a magazine cover, let her enjoy it! No one's holding a gun to your head and making you look at it!! Sheesh, some of you are just plain mean-spirited!!

March 8, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • fiskenmann

No one's holding a gun to your head and making you read these comments either!!!

March 8, 2012 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Nufsaid

What is she eating? LARD? Either that or she's having triplets. Your only supposed to gain 35 lbs tops when your preggo. This looks sooo unhealthy! And they are expecting a 10lbs baby???? Enough said! Her boobs are bigger than her head!

March 8, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hot Carl

Looks like she's having a 4 year old. Where did she put her feed bag when they did the photo shoot?

March 9, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  17. eww

why do people say that pregnant women look good?

March 8, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  18. nyc856

White trash...whatever happened to the girl that was SO religious. She's a nobody now. I dont to see this on the CNN homepage.

March 8, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Pistol

I applaud her effort, even if it's been done before. However, I don't appreciate the heavy duty air-brushing. She's a beautiful person and they've made her look plastic.

March 8, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  20. honestyblaize

Demi did it first and looked better doing it.

March 8, 2012 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  21. J R Brown

I think she's beautiful and the photo is very artistic. I think she looks better than Demi did.
    I don't understand all the haters. What exactly is the problem...?

March 8, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Eric

That cover is sooooooooo 1991.

March 8, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Andy

Jessica, must suck being addicted to attention.

March 8, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Dave

She was yesterdays news 2 weeks ago.

March 8, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  25. JohnW

Baby's name: Fap-fap-fap-fap-oops

March 8, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jeff

Please enough already of the naked Moms and there baby bumps!

March 8, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Pennylane

Is Jessica Simpson sooooo bored with her life that she needs to pose "naked" and this is entertainment news because???? Some celebrities treat pregnancy like an accessory...

March 8, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  28. rharri

Yawn...... she screwed he came she's knocked up end of story her being pregnant is no more beautiful than any other chick that gets a swimmer that reachs the eggz.

March 8, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Pest

I like naked women, but this is like looking at something in the barnyard. Blech.

March 8, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  30. bored

Once again this girl continues to be famous for following a formula. Never an original move in her life.

March 8, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  31. nashvegas

I believe there are some things for your husband's eyes only. This is one of them!

March 8, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Donna

From the looks of her, she's having 3 or 4 girls.

March 8, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Observer

she's having a baby great..but there is not star quality here.

March 8, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  34. margaret

happy for her...but how many times has this been done?

March 8, 2012 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  35. jennygirl

although pregnancy is a wonderful experience for the parents-to-be, it's not a woman's best look. i know you all won't agree, but bulging misshapen stomachs are not pretty.

March 8, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  36. leb962

Congrat. on her pregnancy, God knows she's been trying long enough, two times around the NFL and finally did it. I'm hoping she makes the cover of the Rolling Stones.

March 8, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Uniblob

Granted, she's a hillbilly with no obvious talent whatsoever, but dang, that girl pushes all the right buttons for me. So hot.

March 8, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  38. manbroca

I saw this picture before – when Demi Moore did it

March 8, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  39. cj

and so unattractive almost all of them who want so to look at that??

March 8, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  40. cj

She has no star power . she can carry a tune and has a strong voice but doesnt come close to X Factor winner Melanie Amaro no one in this group will be overly successful except maybe Phillips maybe and it s a big maybe a few broadway doers perhaps but no one of past years
    gone way down hill judges are terrible

March 8, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Joe

I would still do her even in her current condition :-)

March 8, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Well Now

Hey! All of the pathetic little CNN blog-boys have seen the first and only nekkid lady they will ever see in their sad little existences they call their "lives." Take notes Coolbreeze, anti troll guy and Dickie, there will be a test later! Thanks for the public service!

March 8, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  43. indee

why do we want to see this on the front cover of a magazine? I guess a girl's gotta make a living.
    sad and disgusting.

March 8, 2012 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  44. anna

YAWN, its been done before.

March 8, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  45. Mfr

Yikes she is pathetic

March 8, 2012 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  46. cnnlicksit@gmail.com

At least she's actually carrying the baby, not like certain recent singers we know... cough, cough, Beyonce.

March 8, 2012 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  47. laughsalot 420

Yeah! Another photo-shopped naked pregnant woman, who thinks we want to look at her, cause she has some celebrity. What's with these people. I just clicked on this link because I was concerned about her breast implants. I really hate to see a good set of breast implants get wrecked by drooping breasts. Hate gravity.

March 8, 2012 at 4:20 am | Report abuse |
    • @Dr.surrez

i wish i can say d same about beyonce....jessie gat something to proove here...i dont think is photo shoped

March 8, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  48. maria

FRANKLIN: thanks for remind about the Engrish ranguage you are such a moron !

March 8, 2012 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
    • CN Red

And you are so fuc king smart that you don't know how to use the "Reply" button. Moron!

March 8, 2012 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |
  49. Long John

Mommy?

March 7, 2012 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  50. justicefor7

URGENT – Please read more about VERIZON. Things they don't want the public to know! I was tormented by racial comments that were ignored, then racially discriminated against and wrongfully terminated for making complaints about the racial injustice.
    Please visit my Blog Page to see what Verizon did to my family. What they have done to my family, and continue to do is horrific. Today they still will not accept responsibility. So I will not stop this FIGHT for JUSTICE! It has been 8 years and I refuse to give up!
    You can read my stories about what VERIZON did to my family by GOOGLING:
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Cover Letter”
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Press Release”
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Requesting Criminal Punishment”

From there you can access the other letters through the recent post.

I am a man who has stood up against racism, discrimination, bullying, harassment, hostile environment, belittlement, threats, and retaliation, all while working for Verizon Communications, as they conspired to terminate me.

I am a man who is trying to hold his family together while in the process of trying to fight for my rights to be heard. I am a man who has brought up his family on morals, discipline, character, hard work, dedication and conviction to believe that good things happen to good people. I am a man who could not be more proud of my family for all their trust and faith in my conviction. I am man who is a proud servant in my community and deserves to be heard, as I am begging for JUSTICE!

I have learned that: “If you have no Money, A lot of Power, unlimited amount of Connection and resources, you have no chance at receiving justice within our country!

Even though I know this to be true, that justice of only for the few, I refuse to allow Verizon to beat me! I will fight them until I die. I will never give up, I will let the world know of the abuse I suffered and the lack of justice I have received.

Neal W. Dias

You can read my stories about what VERIZON did to my family by GOOGLING:
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Cover Letter”
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Press Release”
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Requesting Criminal Punishment”

From there you can access the other letters through the recent post.

Neal W. Dias

March 7, 2012 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  51. justicefor7

You can read my stories about what VERIZON did to my family by GOOGLING:
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Cover Letter”
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Press Release”
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Requesting Criminal Punishment”

From there you can access the other letters through the recent post.

Neal W. Dias

March 7, 2012 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Jay

That is so nasty, she has NO class at all, cover up Jessica, no one wants to see it except "maybe" your boyfriend, and that's questionable. Have NO idea why so many female celebs want to look so trashy and think others want to see it; a nude pregnant body is attractive to NO ONE, yuck.

March 7, 2012 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  53. CAT

When will women understand this is not beautiful , an amazing thing yes, but nasty none the less.

March 7, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Marilyn

How many times do we have to see this same picture, how disgusting, poor kid will have to see this when he grows up.

March 7, 2012 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

It was interesting 15 years ago when a healthy Demi Moore did it but now it's as it Celebs are trying to redo a 1 shot thing to garner attention. It was nice when Demi opened up to the world but it means nothing anymore.....

March 8, 2012 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
    • @Marilyn & Jeff

I agree. It's been done before, move on. I'll bet that pic was so airbrushed that she doesn't really look like that anyway.

March 8, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  55. sabinabarnes

Just want some attention jessica simpson. Some things dont need to be shown, she will never learn. Just plain nasty.

March 7, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  56. j

Where is her dignity? Sorry but that picture is not right. No one cares to see that. Why did she do that? Feel sorry for her in a way. Why is Jessica putting herself out there like that. Try some modesty. Oh forgot, Jess doesn't have any. Do everyone a favor and put some clothes on.

March 7, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Sheira Mc.

Another nasty,fat,gross cow yucky,I just threw up in my mouth.

March 7, 2012 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jenneh

Obviously you need to shake your head. This is not nasty, nor is she fat. Get a life!!!

March 8, 2012 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
    • DB

Are you pregnant? It seems you have missed a period or two.

March 8, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  58. nastyboy

i dont care if this chick was my own mother id still fkkk her with no rubber and come inside her and have a new son and a baby brother at the same time then say it aint mine

March 7, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Katie

One question. Why?

March 7, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Jeff

Demi Moore did this 15 years ago.. next...

March 7, 2012 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

Demi Moore looks like Skelator and made my b0ner an innie when she did it
      Im more turned on by Bruce Willis

March 7, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  61. great

that all we need more ppl with IQ of 75 (border line retarded) in the world.

March 7, 2012 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  62. BABYMAMA

Wish I had looked that good when I was pregnant. My nose was a mile wide, my feet and legs were swollen and I was miserable. But I do hope she is as happy as I was when I saw my little girl for the first time. Congrats to her and the father. I wish them and their little girl health and happiness.

March 7, 2012 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Anonymous

She looks better than Demi ever did, doing the same pose–regardless, the female body when it's pregnant is absolutely breathtaking. She's beautiful with that baby bump.

March 7, 2012 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • jaggar

Airbrushing can do wonders! Demi was beautiful and most likely, not airbrushed.

March 7, 2012 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Uniblob

Demi wasn't airbrushed?? I've a bridge to Manhattan to sell you.

March 8, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • flacid

Its almost the exact same pose as Demi except this girl is fatter and uglier and is one of the dumbest blondes around

March 8, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  64. susan

Wow franklin, just how shallow can you be. pregnancy is a gift. period appreciate it and keep your negativity off. learn some respect. your mom was preggers too. i hope you never have children.

March 7, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • franklin

I am the spawn of satan and have no mother. Now how shallow do you feel mocking those without mothers?

March 7, 2012 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  65. maria

This is a daughter of a Pastor.... ha ha ha naked for the world to see her ,just became she is pregnant! what a bimbo! she is , she is not the first pregnant woman ,the baby is not the first in this world.soon we will see the ugly pregnant Kardashian on the tabloids and naked too ,this people are so desperate and nasty they will sale the soul to the devil.......

March 7, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • franklin

Perhaps you should keep your comments to yourself until you have a strong command of the engrish ranguage.

March 7, 2012 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • jaggar

Preachers daughter bragging about being a vir gin. Gets married, gets divorced, get knocked up as unwed mother, now nu de on the cover of a magazine. Funny!

March 7, 2012 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Okay....

Judgmental much? Goodness...someone sounds like they need a nap!

@franklin~funny!!

March 8, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Karie

Wow – bitter, cynical, hating the world, judgmental much? You, little girl (at least I hope you aren't over the age of 8) need to learn how to read & write before posting anything, anywhere again. How proud your father must be!

March 8, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • made-from-monkees

i wouldnt be surprised if it was her Father who got her to do it – the guy is a creepy sleezy car salesman type – ugh :(

March 8, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • billy jester

maria is a ho

March 8, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Un Spellchecked Protaginist

@jaggar this be America, if it is the way of one, we shall undo it and head in the opposite direction. Merica... besides as soon as she tasted Nick, and then he said "Dueces" becuase of her controlling parents, she severed ties and went buck wild with Johnny Knoxville,and of course everything was to follow the ways a Pastor's father would hate... I hope she has the kid, looses all the weight "super fast" and does a playbotty spread, that would make Daddy Proud

March 11, 2012 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  66. maria

What hapenned to my comment? got lost?

March 7, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  67. bob

Congratulations to her. I hope the kid is born healthy.

March 7, 2012 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Dementedphucker

I'd like to f uck her in the as s till she spits corn. Then make her do ATM.

March 7, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Big John

Pregnant or not she looks amazing

March 7, 2012 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Louisa

She looks bigger in clothes. Airbrushed or not, she looks beautiful.

March 7, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  71. SKY

FACT: FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY!

March 7, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  72. buZysuZy

Beautiful! Can't wait to hear what she'll name her daughter!

March 7, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • JuneCleaversBeaver

Um um um love me some nakeed pregnant trailer trash !!!!!!!!

March 8, 2012 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Diane

I am guessing a hybrid of Jessica and Eric..."Jerrica".

March 8, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • failingmemory

I've got five bucks on "Jerica".

March 9, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Un Spellchecked Protaginist

Jerrica or Jerica is a great name, But lets hope it's freaking normal, "Blue Ivory" are you serious??? We need to hire a person who can tell parents... No that name isn't allowed. Celebraties shouldn't be able to name thier children such strange and weird names. Shock vaule is all it is... I give up on Celebs.... they annoy me

March 11, 2012 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  73. derp

Her ti tties got huge

March 7, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  74. trix are for kids

Hopefully her daughter knows why they call it Chicken of the Sea.

March 7, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • pmn

That's funny. Can she ever be original? Demi did this exact poses years ago and looked better. I guess she needs to make money somehow. gezzz. She is so annoying.

March 8, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shelley

I know people will scream at this comment, but sorry – the truth is that I think there's absolutely nothing attractive about a pregnant woman's body. That huge distended belly is not pretty, and even less so when it's bared for all to see. This is not a pleasant sight, and as others have noted, not even original. The shock value is long gone from when Demi did it first.

March 8, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • JustSaying

@pmn lol You actually think she did this because she needed money? She is a singer, actress, television personality, and fashion designer and is very successful. Get you facts straight before saying she did this for the money lol.

March 9, 2012 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |