Lange to play someone new on 'American Horror Story'
March 3rd, 2012

Lange to play someone new on 'American Horror Story'

We'd heard that Jessica Lange was (thankfully) going to stick around in some capacity for the second season of "American Horror Story," but it sounds like Ryan Murphy will have her do much more than make an appearance.

The co-creator of the FX hit tells Entertainment Weekly that Lange has signed a new contract, and that instead of playing Constance will portray someone new.

"We have designed the second season of 'American Horror Story' completely around her character," Murphy says. "This will really be the Jessica Lange show so I'm very excited about it. We are designing this amazing new opposite of Constance character for her.... I really sweated this negotiation, so I'm glad she is firmly on board."

"American Horror Story" will start production in late July, and will return to FX in mid-October.

Filed under: television

« Previous entry
  1. Jim Dandey

Geez, lay off the plastic surgery Jessica; you look like the Joker...

March 6, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Observer

she looks awful and i do not feel she's a good actress- you never see her unless she uses the media for promoting a film....at least that's the way it appears to me

March 6, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. oh my goodness

I sure hope this is a bad photo of her ... does not do justice to the beauty that she had back in the day.

March 5, 2012 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  4. .•|•.

I really enjoyed season 1 & am looking forward to #2. (Especially after reading the EW link) So glad JL stayed on, too!

March 4, 2012 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mad Rap3r

I had a poop facial today and a gay man licked it off my face.

March 4, 2012 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Fritzy

Wow, that's a scary look. Is she in character for the new ahs season? I do love a well groomed eyebrow, though!

March 4, 2012 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. 88fingersLouie

She looks like the crazy cat woman. What the he11 happened? She was fine the way she was.

March 4, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  8. yo mamma sux

Neal davis...no one gives a fk about ur rambling stupid issues with verizon...ur article is crap and ur a lil beotch whiner...so suck my massive kock and fk off buddy

March 4, 2012 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  9. justicefor7

URGENT – Please read more about VERIZON. Things they don't want the public to know! I was tormented by racial comments that were ignored, then racially discriminated against and wrongfully terminated for making complaints about the racial injustice.

Please visit my Blog Page to see what Verizon did to my family. What they have done to my family, and continue to do is horrific. Today they still will not accept responsibility. So I will not stop this FIGHT for JUSTICE! It has been 8 years and I refuse to give up, but I need your help to spread my message.

You can read my stories about what VERIZON did to my family by GOOGLING:
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Cover Letter”
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Press Release”
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Requesting Criminal Punishment”

From there you can access the other letters through the recent post.

I am a man who has stood up against racism, discrimination, bullying, harassment, hostile environment, belittlement, threats, and retaliation, all while working for Verizon Communications, as they conspired to terminate me.

I am a man who is trying to hold his family together while in the process of trying to fight for my rights to be heard. I am a man who has brought up his family on morals, discipline, character, hard work, dedication and conviction to believe that good things happen to good people. I am a man who could not be more proud of my family for all their trust and faith in my conviction. I am man who is a proud servant in my community and deserves to be heard, as I am begging for JUSTICE!

Neal W. Dias

March 3, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Verizon_SUX

This is why I will never pay my $600 remianing balance at Verizon. I will continue my protest for this man and never support such a horrid corporation. This is the only reason why.

March 5, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sly Sadie

My poop has a funny taste today.

March 3, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • what

Why dont you wash it down with some pee.

March 5, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • SCHMOKIN'

Please pass the butter

March 5, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lilam

sir, AADAB Isme Koi shak nahi ki aap kamal ke writer hai aur nayab hai, iliyise aap se yeh kehna ki bahut accha likhte hai kuch aisa hoga jaise ki main gulab se kahun ki bahut acchi mahak dete ho.vaise main chota sa writer hoon jo ki in dino apna aashiyan a niv rakhne ki koshish kar raha hai.yeh dekhkar accha laga ki aapne jo Faiz ki shayari aur filmi geeto ke connection ko aam insaan se rubru karaya.vaise maine yeh bhi note kiya hai ki shayri se geet to banate hai par yanha to geeto se bhi geet ban rahe haijaise aapne suna hoga Popular song : JANE KYU LOG MOHABBAT KIYA KARTE HAI, DIL KE BADLE DARDE DIL LIYA KARTE HAI Phir Dil Chata Hi ka Jane Kyun log pyar karte hai. Jane kyu wo kisi pe marte hai Khair yeh sab chalta rahta hai, Vaise 1 baar kahna chahunga ki GUSTAKHI MAAF jo itna kuch comments main likha agar kuch galti ho to maaf kijiyega, Khuda Hafiz aur khuda se yahi chahunga ki aap yun hi hamesha sitare ki tarah falak main chamkate rahe, aur desh ke dusre writer jo hard work kar rahe hai aur jinhone shayari ko ibadat ki tarah liya hai zindgi main unhe safalta mile.your well wisher VIRENDRA SINGH (Lyricist)

March 17, 2012 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  11. Goofy Gina

Hey Sadie! I love Jessica Lange! Why did she have to be like everyone in Hollywood and get an eyebrow lift? She looks weird – like permanently surprised! I don't watch AHS, so you probably can see her better.

March 3, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Sly Sadie

This is great news for all us AHS fans. Jessica Lange really made the show. Finally, a show that actually listened to it's fans. Looking forward to see what they do with the story line in the fall. Happy weekend everybody!

March 3, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |