Nick Cannon has 'lupus-like' autoimmune disease
March 2nd, 2012

Nick Cannon has 'lupus-like' autoimmune disease

Nick Cannon's staying strong through his health issues, which he's told People magazine are the result of a "lupus-like" autoimmune disease.

Cannon has been hospitalized twice this year, once for kidney issues and a second time when doctors found blood clots in his lungs. His physicians have warned him to slow down, and Cannon announced he was stepping down from his morning radio show to put his health first in February.

"The blood clot thing was probably the scariest because...I know people who have passed away from that," Cannon, 31, said. "I thought I was getting better, and then that happened, so that kind of came out of nowhere."

Doctors have told the multi-tasking media personality that the blood clots were connected to his kidney problems, which are the result of "an autoimmune disease" that was found in his system.

"They kind of say [my] autoimmune [disease] is - like a lupus type thing, but no one in my family has it," Cannon added. "I'm just trying to put my health first...I feel blessed to be alive. If it wasn't discovered, I don't know [what would have happened]."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. I love Nick.

June 8, 2013 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  2. Archie Gladson

Autoimmune diseases arise from an inappropriate immune response of the body against substances and tissues normally present in the body (autoimmunity). This may be restricted to certain organs (e.g. in autoimmune thyroiditis) or involve a particular tissue in different places.',,`

Adieu
    <http://wellnessdigest.co/

June 8, 2013 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  3. Joet Louizaf

Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Extremely useful information specifically the last part :) I care for such information much. I was looking for this particular info for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.

July 13, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Emmitt Lent

Deference to op , some excellent selective information .

May 15, 2012 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Hrvojek

Hell many of us modify folks exactly the same way through our very own “Shedding Pot Firstly, you will no longer become breaking the law by the fee of your prison with an unlawful narcotic, and will also be having yourself out of damages approach by simply sacrificing the needy experiencing related to narcotics have a tendency to leads to doing offences to find the drug and look after the habit of smoking Narcotics can be habit forming of any type, once an individual is caught within the vicious circle regarding dependency, poor the situation is bound to arise A lot of people are already a part of strong drugs rehabilitation since the beginning, and have graduated out there detoxification dependency plans within much better both mental and physical problem than once they started out, obtaining was able to satisfy their own needy necessity of smashing their medicine routine A new dosage associated with artificial opiate emerges towards the abuser click this link The middle and then offers skilled counselors, many ex-addicts, teach the recouping fan in regards to the risks of drug abuse, make them learn skills for preserving their particular brand-new identified sobriety and lift their understanding of and in many cases let them have a list of individuals along with places exactly where they can carry on and get assist To know which type suits the particular enthusiast, just get him or her recognized very first by the physician whom are able to suggest the road involving remedy You will find payg providers, in which a beloved pays for each support mainly because it happens The partially synthetic opioid, heroin is forbidden in many nations across the globe for its not well utilize as well as due to many people being affected by the affects that include dangerous leukoenocephalopathy, depression as well as death The following is the sad reality: Greater Ut alcohol and drugs detox stores are put upwards, better it's going to be for everybody living in the state of hawaii

Sometimes, affected individuals strengthen and perform for a quite high place, because of the very organised drug rehab natural environment potentially they are set for 30-3 months. However, on lso are-review of their before-drug rehab lifestyle, sometimes they slip in using the same people, predicaments, causes, and so on. The easiest way to prevent this eventuality is to supply a quite arranged being let go approach, which, when adopted, allows the affected person stop the pitfalls of drug abuse. Most sensible launch blueprints include some or if at all possible below: outpatient treatment word-of-mouth 12-Move Method introductionVersuscontinuation, including looking for a upline Sober Located surroundings drug monitoring and lifestyle coaching. High quality, detailed drug rehab programs are reliable for these obsessed with medication and alcohol. The early in the addiction process that a drug lover undergoes treatment, the higher the occurrence of total healing and upcoming abstinence.
    Alcohol with Topamax may make negative effects for example sleepiness and vertigo even worse. Case study, claims General public Person, uncovered an important increase in giddiness (doubled), injury (almost tripled), and trouble with focus and awareness (quadrupled) within the subject matter receiving Topamax, as compared to subject areas getting a placebo. The group also noticed that the two test out groupings were still Inseriously having following the research and this more topics taking Topamax leave the analysis compared to the placebo class. The study demonstrated "only a modest enhancement while in the proportion of times of hefty ingesting in persons employing Topamax in comparison with men and women by using a placebo,Inches the team stated. A lot more reasons for doctors in order to avoid off of-tag prescriptions and follow stimulating their a

May 2, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Amgad

MistyXoXo Posted on I'm really sorry for your faimly's loss, but glad you and your mother have shared her story here. Lupus is a terrible disease, and the biggest shame is the medicines we have to take often hurt us more than the disease itself. Too many people with lupus don't have insurance and can't afford treatments. I can only hope that someday there will be medications that will do more good than bad, and maybe there will even be a cure.

March 14, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Nadine

MistyXoXo Posted on I'm really sorry for your lfaimy's loss, but glad you and your mother have shared her story here. Lupus is a terrible disease, and the biggest shame is the medicines we have to take often hurt us more than the disease itself. Too many people with lupus don't have insurance and can't afford treatments. I can only hope that someday there will be medications that will do more good than bad, and maybe there will even be a cure.

March 14, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Itsallgoodnroanoke

Hello Mr. Nick, Today and Everyday is a LIFE STYLE CHANGE! It is ONLY about YOU and YOUR FAMILY! Make sure YOU take care of yourself and take a break for a while. You will be alright! I will pray 4 you!

March 6, 2012 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  9. Maya Zulu

Did Nick have this disease before he marry Mariah? He needs to see about his children, you know Mariah was
    known for having alot of lovers. Just a word of caution.///

March 5, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  10. LaSheena Lyles

I will pray for you, Nick Cannon, and hope you will take things easy!!

March 5, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Nettie

I will pray for those of you who are making a mockery out of this situation.To belittle Miraiah as if you know her. Those of you who are talking about her being around the block, you pobably know because you have been around the block. Be careful what you say about people. The word says that you reap what you sow. If you so good then you will reap, you sow bad then you will reap bad, Both of them are great entertainers and I pray they God covers and protects them, especially from all the haters!!!

March 5, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. anonymous3408

i pray for u even know i dont really know u oh this ani't my real name hope u feel better

March 5, 2012 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  13. anonymous3408

im a big fan of nick cannon in i hope he get all the health that he need in i love him he funny cute i just hope he make it through this i really do love uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu nick cannon your biggest fan anonymous

March 5, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  14. chuck ensor

Take care of yourself.! there's not but one you.!! gods speed!!

March 5, 2012 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  15. dizzyd

Hey..this goes out to all my homies!! I get down and bizzy and I pump till I be dizzy! I mow dat box and I just say no to cox. I be sooo gay dat the chiks all huntin me down....just cuz I be chunky...a bit fugly...I still know how to keep them on da hook!! Let's pump each other in da plump rump!!

March 5, 2012 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  16. Dizzyd

I'm not familiar with Nick Cannon, but I pray he gets better. As for the evil butt-holes who sit there laughing at others' misfortune or print disgusting filth, thinking they're being funny, you better hope that you don't get repaid in kind. You're all vile, disgusting filth, and I have a feeling hell will feel like home to you. Go crawl back in the slime you came out of!

March 5, 2012 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
    • dizzyd

Yo yo! Dey call me dizzy cuz I luv to get bizzy! I luv dem dy-kos and I munch dat pie! I strap on dat monster jig-a-booo meat stik and I pound da box till we be all dizzy!! Yeeahh. What up, booooy! Let's pump da pooper and rock this thang!!

March 5, 2012 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  17. gregory house

its not lupus... its never lupus

March 4, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  18. human

You stupid ass people are taking up air on this planet please leave you maggot loser freaks your parents rally be proud of your diseased loser maggot lives go bury yourselves in a hole loser freaks

March 4, 2012 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • human

By the way, I am a flamin fairy and I luv to take a monster-sized sausage right in my poop chuute! Any of u gayboyz wanna hook up and ram each other silly? Give me your steamy loaddd!! I will schlob your knob for a dolla...make u holla!!

March 4, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  19. what up ??

Bring it!! Hey u punks and squatters! Why iz you making all these mean comments about this bro, Nick?? Just cuz your daddy or mommy let's you on their computer, doesn't mean you should be poppin off!! Just cuz dis jig-a-booo got da lupus, doesn't give u the right to say all this nasty stuff! Time to back off and let him live his life. He gets to pound da nice round bootay whenever he wants....I wonder if da lupus gives his da limp peter?? Do you think his lack of performance gonna drive Mariah to hit up sum other bro with a monster-sized donger? What up??

March 4, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Kendra Allison

Sometimes it seems bad things happen to good people. Just remember we have to go THROUGH things to get to the next level. Stay strong and hang in there. This too shall pass. Love You!!!!!

March 4, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Nicky C

Hey! My name is black cuz I like dem cooons! I dropped da chicks and gave up chasin the pooon! Now I'm lookin for da jig-aboos...I find them and take em in da loos! There we whip it out and schlob da knob...I keep it clean cuz I'm no slob! Dem bros got big ol disco sticks...I pale in comparison to my tiny priick! Now I gotta go cuz its time to pump, my buddy is ready to take it in da rump!

March 4, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Lashunda Darden

I pray that God keeps you covered in His blood. I pray for your strength & know God heals. So keep the faith....

March 4, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • lashunda fermunda

Keep da faith you peons! Don't be dissin on Nick da prik!! He be covered in blood fo sho, cuz mariah had him hit dat at the wrong time of da month!! Dat cooon be all crazy with dat lupus and still tryin to rock dat poopus!

March 4, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  23. mike barnes

My thoughts and prayers go out to him bc he is funny at times but more of a better actor in drumline get better nick

March 4, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  24. cathy

Some ppl have no right leaving mean comments on here no reason for that!

March 4, 2012 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
    • cathy

You meanies! Don't be dissin on this jig-a-boo just cuz he be mowin down on dat naasty box of Mariah!! He gettin dis lupus cuz he don't help her wash dat big ol cooochie! Now he pay da price and needs sum healin!! Praise da lord...he needs to get dat schlonger workin again!!

March 4, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  25. cathy

I cannot that ppl do not know who Nick Cannon is! I hope he is well and feels better. He is a nice funny man. Get well!

March 4, 2012 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  26. Frida

This man is such a fine person! God speed in keeping him healthy for a long life!

March 4, 2012 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  27. Clay Caldwell

The source of many autoimmune diseases are because of corporations like the one's who have their logos on the wall behind Nick in that photo.

March 4, 2012 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  28. cashing

Iluminati strikes again.

March 4, 2012 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  29. unbelievable

How sad u people r lupus isnt aids no one gets it as retribution lupus like diseases are rampant and just now being dicovered he will learn to live with it its not the result of doing anything wrong wish another person well or keep u thoughts shut if they are so ignorant how sad good luck to everyone out there dealing with this type of disease and shame on the losers who know nothing

March 4, 2012 at 6:12 am | Report abuse |
    • believable

I cannot believe how sad you foos be! I iz gonna take you lil lez-bos and pound dat box with my super-sized strap on cox!! Den u feel da pain of da people with lupus. You iz gonna be walkin bowlegged for a week when I am done with your pooop chuute!! We can get down and get bizzy!!

March 4, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Nick Cannon

Mmmmmm......Watermelon and fried chicken...
    Yo...who can hook me up wit Whitney Houston's crak dealer?

March 4, 2012 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Dexx L.

Some of you a55holes won't see 48.

March 4, 2012 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Nick Cannon

I'd still hit Whitney and she DEAD! Cuz even dead she has more life in her than my WIFE! Even if I have AIDS, all I need to do is inject myself with lotsa money! I learnt that off South Park.

March 5, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  31. shawn

get well, nick! benlysta – is a new drug out there for lupus

March 4, 2012 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  32. Beth

Why do ignorant non spelling gene chalked trailer trash come out every time something is wrong with an African American?
    Is that type of hate necessary towards any ethic group? The man is sick, have a little respect.
    How did Whitney Houston's name get mentioned in this thread...work on ur issue, we don't need to read them.

March 4, 2012 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  33. loretta

TO THE Witch name JANET who said. Who the hell is nick cannon. Well let me tell you my mother has lupas just becase he is a famase person he is a peson with a family and when you get a sick I hope someone has compasion for since you did not have compasion for a father of two. SHAME ON YOU

March 3, 2012 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Tim Spigner

Hello Nick, the only reason why i am emailing you is to give you a word from the Lord. God spoke to me about what He wants to do with you, His plan is to heal you!!! hear the word from the Lord, the Lord said, if Nick would hear these instructions and obey, i will manifest My presence upon him. enter into your closet with your hand extended to Me saith the Lord and I the Lord will come upon you as you call upon My help. Do this, and I will sure manifest Myself to you, and this will I do, I will take you to the Bible and the verses I will give you! speak them over your life and I will surely give you a complete healing saids the Lord!!! I am a true man of God with a word from the Lord. Take heed how you take this word, God truly wants to heal you!!! God Bless!!!

March 3, 2012 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • god speed

Oh yeah!! Da lord is gonna heal all dem believas! You get down on dem knees and pray....pray dat u gonna get pumped in da keister with a monster-sized jig-a-boo schlong!! Meet my friend, Ben....Ben Dover!!

March 4, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Melvin

What a shame; funny guys.

*This article was featured on MartinezReport.com*

March 3, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  36. YOUR NAME ISNT IN THE BOOK OF LIFE

ALSO...I LIKE TO SWALLOW BIG BLACK WIENERS.
    AND MY POOP HAS A FUNNY TASTE.

March 3, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  37. YOUR NAME ISNT IN THE BOOK OF LIFE

SHAME ON YOU CNN FOR ALLOWING THIS AND I SAVED IT SO THAT THE RIGHT AUTHORITIES CAN SEE WHAT YOU LET GO ON AND THE WHOLE WORLD CAN SEE WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE YOU ARE

March 3, 2012 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  38. babez

please ignore all these dumb uneducated people. take care and god bless you nick!

March 3, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  39. guitarharry

Nick who?

March 3, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  40. silentlyheardonce

Nick you will be fine. I have lupus and I had blood clots in my lungs. I was on Oxygen last year, this year I am breathing easier and can get around without oxygen. So hang in there. If I can recover and I have children older then you, you can recover too. God Bless

March 3, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Sly Sadie

I once had the same symptoms as Nick Cannon...turns out I was eating too muck fried chicken and watermelon.

March 3, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  42. justicefor7

URGENT – Please read more about VERIZON. Things they don't want the public to know! I was tormented by racial comments that were ignored, then racially discriminated against and wrongfully terminated for making complaints about the racial injustice.

Please visit my Blog Page to see what Verizon did to my family. What they have done to my family, and continue to do is horrific. Today they still will not accept responsibility. So I will not stop this FIGHT for JUSTICE! It has been 8 years and I refuse to give up, but I need your help to spread my message.

You can read my stories about what VERIZON did to my family by GOOGLING:
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Cover Letter”
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Press Release”
    • “Verizon Raped My Family – Requesting Criminal Punishment”

From there you can access the other letters through the recent post.

I am a man who has stood up against racism, discrimination, bullying, harassment, hostile environment, belittlement, threats, and retaliation, all while working for Verizon Communications, as they conspired to terminate me.

I am a man who is trying to hold his family together while in the process of trying to fight for my rights to be heard. I am a man who has brought up his family on morals, discipline, character, hard work, dedication and conviction to believe that good things happen to good people. I am a man who could not be more proud of my family for all their trust and faith in my conviction. I am man who is a proud servant in my community and deserves to be heard, as I am begging for JUSTICE!

Neal W. Dias

March 3, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  43. jason wolff

Nick you will be in my prayers and please ignore people ignorant a$$ comments and keep your head up!

March 3, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  44. james

I don't even know what this guy does.... and why wouldn't he even know the NAME of the disease he has?

March 3, 2012 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  45. Faith Conner

Slow down and take care of yourself Pray and stay positive GOD IS IN TOTAL CONTROL !

March 3, 2012 at 6:48 am | Report abuse |
  46. Lily

Auto-immune diseases such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis are very difficult to deal with if you've led an active, busy life. As (unfortunately) someone with personal experience with this – I hope Nick is able to get back on track & move forward while maintaining his career & family.

March 3, 2012 at 5:39 am | Report abuse |
  47. Imus

Do yoga...healed!

March 3, 2012 at 5:26 am | Report abuse |
  48. Chan

Nick and others who are sick and suffering, I will continue to pray for you guys. For all who offered advice or posted positive comments, thank you!

March 3, 2012 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
  49. Janji

I previously tried several times to write about my energy healer to Nick, as I just posted. But, every time that I was nearly done, my postings kept disappearing. I even lost the CNN page a few times. So I was ready to give up and
    go to bed (almost 1am) and shut down my computer. Well, I felt like I needed to try one more time and this time I
    was able to post w/o any problem. I believe my posting was meant to follow Mary Lange's posting, as if her posting
    was an introduction to what I had to say...and where I was to lead Nick. I'm even getting chills now while I'm writing
    this and that is a sign that's it's true. I think Mary and I have a spiritual healing message for Nick. I tried to write one
    a few days ago but there was no comment section to write one. Many strangers who I've attracted to me have told
    me that they prayed for an answer to their problems,...and that I just gave them one, when I referred them to my
    Healer. I think Nick may be searching for someone as well. It's divine intervention calling.

March 3, 2012 at 3:59 am | Report abuse |
  50. Janji

ATTENTION NICK –

There is someone in the Bay Area who can heal you of all your symptoms. He is only known through word of
    mouth and his healing center is non-profit. He can heal cancer patients and people on their deathbeds. He is
    the most amazing Energy Healer there is. If there are any others that exist, I've never heard of them. Even a
    local surgeon took his wife who was also in her deathbed.. A short time later, she is running around town like
    she used to. Surgeons will operate and there won't be anything to extract. When asked why, they say "divine
    intervention". I think that's it because I've noticed he is working at my feet and I can feel someone working on
    my upper body. When I open my eyes, there's no physical body around other than my Healer at my feet. I believe
    he is a vehicle for "healing spirits" to come in and assist him. He can heal anything and anyone and works with
    people all over the world, by phone and in-person. I recommend that you see him in-person. It's a short flight
    from L.A. I've been healed of physical symptoms as well as life-long emotional traumas. Many times when I've
    left his beautiful healing center, I feel like I'm in a state of bliss for 3 days And I've never had that feeling other
    than through this connection with him and his healing spirits. People go in to his healing room with "normal"
    energy and come out glowing with sky high energy. I've seen it on others and people can see it on me. And
    I can feel it. Sometimes my life changes for the better as well and people may treat me differently as a result.
    He changes my energy that people react to. I also attract many people I don't know who are meant to go see
    him, or they know someone who should. It could start from a conversation over food at the grocery store or
    at a movie kiosk...anywhere. I think you should connect with me too. Reply to this posting for more info.
    Oh...your twins are beautiful!

March 3, 2012 at 3:39 am | Report abuse |
  51. mary lange

Nick I know exactly what you are going through. I started to sing when I was about 12 yrs old I have enjoyed it but I never made it to become a singer because in October 10, 1999 I lost my 19 yr old sister because of autoimmune system difficencies and blood clots she had them in her arms, legs, and lungs. The doctors seen that the blood clot moved to her brain and we lost her. She was always active she never slowed down and her health was gone. You are a great celebrity please take it from me slow down for your wife and kids and your health. Always remember the lord said I will put no more on you then you can handle and I will never leave your or forsake you. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. GOD BLESS

March 3, 2012 at 3:26 am | Report abuse |
  52. Janji

ATTENTION NICK – A CURE FOR YOU:

Eliminate all CANOLA OIL and your Lupus symptoms will disappear.
    Check ingredients of all foods and ask, all restaurants and take out facilities, if they use Canola.
    DON'T eat any of it. It worked for me. Every time I had symptoms of Systemic Lupus, I looked
    to see what I ate and every time the food had canola oil in it. Once I eliminated 100% of it, all my
    symptoms went away. I mostly discovered this by going on an Elimination Diet to test for food
    sensitivities. I was in a theater eating popcorn popped in Canola Oil and drenched with Canola
    butter. I had an attack all over my entire body. And then I checked for Canola every time I had
    Lupus symptoms. Once I avoided all of it, all my symptoms disappeared. It's also a trans fat
    once it is heated. Research "bad Canola" on the Internet and find out that it kills rodents and
    it's not a good oil. Read my next post regarding an amazing Energy Healer.

March 3, 2012 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  53. shar

Prayers to you!

March 3, 2012 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  54. Wendy J

Correction: It's called Goodpasture's Syndrome – nih link below.

I agree with the other comments – get and stay well Nick – you are so talented and have a beautiful family!

March 2, 2012 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Wendy J

Best wishes to Nick and his family. Wonder if he suffers from GoodPasteur's syndrome? Or been tested for it?

March 2, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  56. art vandolay

I think George Costanza on Seinfeld, had lupus for 1 episode. So it must be cure-able. I learn everything in life from Seinfeld.

March 2, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • VCG

So did one of the Golden Girls on two episodes. Too bad real life isn't like that :)

March 2, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • VCG

Actually now that I think about it, she actually had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. That was pretty amazing that they talked about that illness way back then because it wasn't really thought of as a true illness then. Lupus has alot of the same symptoms as Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia.

March 2, 2012 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Silk525

Do whatever the Dr's tell u 2 do . slow down yr work load n take care of yr health, because yr wife n those beautiful baby's need u. U n yr family will b in my prayers.

March 2, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  58. cristina sanzeri

my granddaughter was diagnosed with lupus sle at age 16.She is gorgeous and we love her.She was hospitalized many times but she is a fighter and goes to work too. To day she is 21. and still fighting her decease with courage ..What my message is ..why these rich entertainers like lady GAGA OR NICK CANNON come out with concerts or fund raising to help to find a cure or a medication for this awful decease.? If someone knows how i could get in touch with them please help me.

March 2, 2012 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  59. The Truth

Get better Nick. God bless

March 2, 2012 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Bob

What is sad is Nick Cannon is just a sperm donor and will be killed and replaced with a whiteman

March 2, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Bob

History tells you that a blackman is not allowed to live with his family happily he must go to jail forever or die especially if he is rich and famous

March 2, 2012 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Nick Cannon

I was told by my doctor that my disease is caused by over-consumption of fried chicken and chitlins. Just like Whitney Houston, I am a heavy crack smoker...I love smoking a pipe...or a pen!s.
    But mostly I like to take it up my poop shoot just like my idol, Michael "The King of Pedophilia" Jackson.

March 2, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Nick Cannon

The doctor told me that the disease is caused by eating too much fried chicken and chitlins. Also I am a heavy crack user just like that H0 Whitney Houston.
    I like to take it in the poop shoot just like my idol, Michael "The King of Pedophilia" Jackson.

March 2, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • really?

The only disease here dude is you!
      You worthless piece of dung!
      You are a disgusting turd!
      Grow up! Get a job, and move out of your trailor you piece of white trash!

March 3, 2012 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Nick Cannon

America have spoken. What the the kestion? Well, lemme axe YOU a kestion? Where da white women at?

March 5, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nick Cannon

Am you crazy?

March 5, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Mammy

Aids. From taking it in the butt.

March 2, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • really?

We're all praying that god will end your suffering mammy! And just condemn you to hell!
      If we get enough prayers for that maybe it will happen soon!
      And we all know your the same idiot just changing your name.
      Buck futter,
      prissy,
      rana,
      Mammy,
      Wolf daddy delux,
      Jean, and many more.
      Dear lord please send this idiot straight to he11 to burn for all eternity. He has no heart, he has no soul, he has no sound mind! Do the world a favor, just get rid of him!
      He's just a racist Republican pig!

March 3, 2012 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  65. Essie

Nick, I truly am praying that you be healed from this & continue to be there for your family. *GOD BLESS!*

March 2, 2012 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  66. carmenatty c

nick your a great guy with a beautiful family. may god bless you as well as you loved ones take care of your health, nothing else matters.the twins need there father

March 2, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Yaiyo1962

Praying for ypu and your family! God is still a healer!

March 2, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  68. AGNES

Best of Luck Nick...Weed out the A**Holes and their comments...Stay Strong and God Bless.

March 2, 2012 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  69. rana

I think Nick Cannon tries to hard to be funny, he is not a comedian and everytime he comes on the AGT Show and the camera does a close up of his goofy faces he makes, I just want him to go away, he ruins the show...do not wish him any harm, just what I think of him, he's immature and stupid

March 2, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Wolf Daddy Deluxe 5000

GOOD! too bad he doesn't have AIDS! Nick Cannon SUCKS!

March 2, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • HONESTLY!

He doesn't have aids, or the apparent disease that's left you without a brain cell. Nick is a good man, deserving of life.
      You however could fall off the face of the earth, and no-one would ever know you were gone!
      Your just a dumbazz trying to be a smartazz, and like everything else you may have tried in life, you failing at that as well!

March 3, 2012 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  71. Sherry

I have been recently diagnosed with a auto immune diease. Scelraderma. The first place they started testing was to see if it effected my kidneys. From what I understand..people with this and lupus "like" dieases is what organs it attacks. Some people its kidneys others it may some other organ. So that I get the kidney problem must be where its attack Nick. What I don't get is why not tell what lupus like diease he has. Might as well give uf the name..unless they are still testing. I'll be praying for him.

March 2, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Nancy

Sounds very much like vasculitis. Very rare, but a serious disease.

March 2, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  73. prissy

I think he has a little bit of AIDS.

March 2, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • prissy you're a freak!

Prissy if you could just die already, that'll be great! Your not as funny as you are ugly. May god damn you to hell for all eternity! I dont pray alot but I will certainly be praying for your damnation tonight!

March 3, 2012 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  74. getwellsoon

Sad to hear of anyone having something like this, especially someone his age. I hope he is able to recover and control it.

They should get the babies tested for that same disease, so that they can take steps now to make sure they don't develop it later in life.

March 2, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • VCG

Unfortunately there isn't a way to find out right now if the children of people with lupus also will have the illness (unless they already have it) but hopefully there will be soon. Until the defective protien or gene is triggered by stress or environmental factors and the person develops the illness...there is no way to tell. The research is showing that each person with lupus may have different genetic factors and that is why it is so important for the researchers to figure it out because right now there is only one blanket treatment for everyone. We need a treatment that is genetically targeted for that specific person's reason for having lupus. My lupus only started up 7 years ago but I would have had the defective gene prior to that but it just wasn't triggered yet. Hopefully soon we will have more answers and treatments.

March 2, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • VCG

Sorry....I meant a blanket treatment for everyone...not just one treatment. There are a few medications out there but they are not genetically targeted treatments.

March 2, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Jean

First it was 'mild kidney disease,' now it's 'lupus-like.'

Why is he nor Mariah able to describe anything real?

March 2, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • VCG

That is one of the problems with lupus is that it can affect many different organs (in Nicks case Kidneys) and it takes quite awhile and lots of different blood tests to find out that it is an autoimmune illness. It is just as frustrating for the person who has the illness because they just want to know what they have and how to treat it. It can take years sometimes for a person to get the proper testing to find out what they have because the doctors need to eliminate other illnesses one by one.

March 2, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • don't be a hater

How about "they weren't sure at first, but now they have an accurate diagnosis". Happens all the time, even to regular folks.

March 2, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Roni

Lupus is not an easy disease to diagnose because it has the same symptoms as many other diseases like MS. There are a few blood tests that help diagnose Lupus but there is no single test that says yes you have Lupus. There is a list of criteria that must be met as well.

March 2, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Performance1

Yeah, taking performance enhancing substances to get "the body" usually leads to a demise like this. Nice job Nick. Hope it was worth it.

March 2, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  77. rlpsychology

Nick, I really appreciate your work and kind demeanor. May the Lord bless you. Ruben

March 2, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  78. smells like. . .

SARCOIDIOSIS

March 2, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Jelaine

Lupus is not as common in men as in women. I have had lupus since 1984, and thanks to my doctor, I'm in doing great compared to others. Two family friends have passed away from lupus, a very young man and a girlfriend, but they both were not diagnosed early. I was diagnosed immediately as I started having symptoms. It's manageable, eat healthy, get lots of rest and avoid stress. I wish you all the best.

March 2, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  80. James

I Pray he gets better and well. Nick is one of the nicest celebrities we have today. Get well.

March 2, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  81. hillman

free advertisement or what lol.

March 2, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • VCG

I hope you don't mean free advertising for Nick. Beleive me....once you have had an autoimmune condition you would give almost anything to have your normal healthy life back again. It is life changing and not for the better. Forgive me if you were just joking but having lupus myself, it is frustrating when others think you are getting a free ride somehow because of an illness.

March 2, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • HONESTLY!

Free advertisement? Really?

You know he's not selling lupus? Right?
      Maybe you were thinking free publicity, but the metal from the trailer youre living in has gotten in your head; leaving a beer can where your brain once was.
      You goofy lawn jockey!

March 3, 2012 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
    • jy

He's obviously referring to Gatorade and Doritos. Look at the photo before going on such silly diatribes.

March 4, 2012 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  82. VCG

That's the problem with autoimmune illnesses as there are so many different types and variations that it takes a very long time for even the specialists to figure out exactly what kind a person may have. It is not only frustrating for the patient but also for the doctors and family members. Even when you do figure out exactly what you have some of the autoimmune illness symptoms change from day to day, so you never know what to expect. Often people with autoimmune illnesses may eventually start feeling as though they are a hypocondriact because you never know if your new symptom is related to the illness or if it is something different all together that may require yet another treatment. It is very hard on the patient and his family.

March 2, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Roni

I can tell you suffer from Lupus based on the empathy you show. I know exactly what you mean about not knowing how you feel because you are used to being sick so often. My doctor just asked me last week if one of the symptoms I was having is new and my answer was I don't know it's hard to tell what is what. I was diagnosed with SLE when I was 24yrs old and I am the first with Lupus in my family. I like seeing "famous" people talk about Lupus or Lupus like issues because it gets it out there more and people want to know more about it. Just like when Lady Gaga said she was borderline for it and that someone in her family had died from Lupus complications.

March 2, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • VCG

Thanks for the nice comments. It is so hard to explain to others when they haven't been through it. All I can say is that I hope everyone realises that this is a very horrible illness to have to live with and it changes your life forever, so I hope those that don't understand will hear me and at least realise on some level the degree of pain his family and Nick must be going through right now and show some compassion. Show some compassion for others as well that are dealing with a chronic illness. You will be surprised at how much that will mean to your relative, coworker or friend.

March 2, 2012 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  83. janet

i'm thinking Wegener's Granulamatosis. My mom's had it for 16 years. It's chronic, and occasionally fatal, but definitely treatable.

March 2, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • W C

I have WG and it was the first thing I thought of months ago when I heard about his kidneys

March 2, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  84. jellylee2020

A lot of people have lupus like disease, why is Nick Cannon any more special than these people that's worth reporting as news? Who the hell is Nick Cannon anyway?

March 2, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • HONESTLY!

Nick Cannon is a great guy (married to Mariah Carey, host of America's Got Talent).
      Its special to put a celebrity face on a disease because it brings in financial support, to help find, and fund treatments, and cure.

March 3, 2012 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  85. VCG

Oops...forgive the spelling errors.....part of the fatigue issues!

March 2, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  86. VCG

I too have lupus and went from being a healthy active parent of two to having severe fatigue daily and still do. I also had major kidney involvement and once we figured out it was lupus we managed to get that under control. It is very difficult to have such a major change in your health with an illness that there is no cure for and can only be monitored and managed. I wish him all the best and I hope he learns (as I did) how to still live a full happy life with a new normal as far as his health is concerned. We all grow and learn from our difficulties and I feel that having such an illness has tought me to be more compassionate towards others who face adversity.

March 2, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Matthew C, M.D.

Sounds like antiphospholipid syndrome. No need for House, I'm a decent physician. Matt C, M.D.

March 2, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  88. MericanMan77

Man, this is awful. This guy was awesome in Bad Boys II

March 2, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Ambassador4

The Lord Jesus Christ, our Savior, loves you Nick.

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    King James 2000 Bible (©2003) Romans 10:13

March 2, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  90. cc

Get well, you have everything to live for...this is a very nice, kind, hard working man...

March 2, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Aida

Yes, take a long rest. This kind of thing happens when people work too hard and don't take the time to enjoy life. Your health is the most important at this time. Give your body a rest. God Bless you and may he restore your health. Just keep thinking (I am well) So as a man thinketh so is he. No negative thoughts.

March 2, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  92. ceglobal4Life

Transfer Factor will give you a way better quality of life........ GOD cures......Bless.....

March 2, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  93. midogs2

Who is Nick Cannon?

March 2, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ummm

where you been?? under a rock?! He's a nobody but then became somebody after he and Mariah Carey married, then kids...blah blah blah...Or where you just being sarcastic?!?!?! LOL

March 3, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  94. Buck Futter

Even his own body hates him

March 2, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • ya

as much as I dont like seeing people sick i gotta say that was funny

March 2, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • prissy you're a freak!

Buck!
      Your not as funny as you are stupid!
      Enjoy your ignorance induced bliss!
      May gods wrath be upon you!

March 3, 2012 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
    • jy

@prissy, it's always hilariously to see someone call someone else "stupid" on the internet and fail to use "you're" properly in the process. Public education, I assume.

March 4, 2012 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Guest

@jy "it's always hilariously to see someone call someone else "stupid" on the internet and fail to use "you're" properly in the process. Public education, I assume."

"hilariously"...You must have received a public school education as well!

March 5, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  95. JayDC

I met Nick once in the airport. Really nice guy. Will hold a conversation with anybody. Doe not come across as an arrogant jerk; like the other celebs I have met. I wish him the best.

March 2, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  96. information

never heard of the guy before. but i have mixed connective tissue disorder which is ver "lupus like."
    i understand his concern at the wierd things hapeening to him.

March 2, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Dr. House

It's not lupus.

March 2, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Danielle M

As a lupus sufferer I can say that any of the diseases in the autoimmune family can be deadly and are scary! He will have to learn how to take care of himself and manage his disease together.

March 2, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  99. martin2176

out of all his pictures, this is the one CNN thought was appropriate for the situation

March 2, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  100. marsmotel

Is this serious disorder? Should I add him to my death pool?

March 2, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • elizabeth

Uh, my great grandmother died from lupus, so yes... it's serious. It is now more manageable than it had been long ago; there have been quite a few advances thanks to modern medicine.

March 2, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Roni

There are different types of Lupus and yes it can be fatal. It's not really Lupus that you die from its what it causes that could kill you. For instance, based on what has happened to Nick he would appear to have Systemic Lupus (SLE) like I have. At this point Lupus has caused issued with his kidney and lungs which is what could cause his death. Basically in
      SLE patients the body sends more white blood cells to fight what it believes is a foreign body but in Nicks case it was his kidney and lungs that they attacked. Lupus goes in and out of remission and stress is definitely something that can cause it to "flare" up. With proper treatment like steroids when the Lupus is active he can fight it and live a long life.

March 2, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • mike

@ roni...there is also a new lupus drug that came out recently, Benlysta. My mom has lupus and she started on this treatment a few months ago and it has worked really well so far

March 4, 2012 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  101. Orarod

May God be with you thru these tough times and don't give up. You have alot of time to spent with your beautiful twins and your wife. Take time for yourself and your family.

March 2, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  102. He has AIDS

yes he does.

March 2, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • JB!

Everyone has AIDS! aidsaidsaids-aids!

March 2, 2012 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Miguel in NY

Your stupid and crass comment that he has AIDS is so insulting and offensive. I've lost people to the disease and it is no laughing matter. You should thank God every day for your good health. Shame on you!

March 2, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Essie

You should be careful...what you wish on others may boomerang back to you!

March 2, 2012 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • @JB!

Lol it's a Team America:World police reference. Calm down people...sheesh, acting like you ever cared about Nick Cannon or autoimmune diseases just because of this article and you want to seem cool and relevant. Man, I hate CNN commentors. Dumber than their "news" team.

March 3, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • jb2817

March 7, 2012 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  103. Rich

Nick Cannon is an awesome, nice guy. I hope his disease will be manageable and not impact his life too harshly.

March 2, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  104. mrskool

Definitely put your health first Nick – you need to be well enough to keep up with those 2 new babies :)

Best wishes for a full recovery

March 2, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Max

Nick...take a rest...health is worth all.

March 2, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Chris

Someone call Dr. House!

March 2, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • us1776

Exactly. Things like underlying parasitic infection can cause autoimmune disease manifestation as well.

March 2, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  107. trix are for kids

Not a fan of the guy, but never good news when someone has to deal with these kind of diseases. Hope for a speedy recovery and that he doesn't overwork himself.

March 2, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • silly rabbit trips are for kids

I agree, I don't like him all that much but never wish ill will on anyone.

March 2, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • wow2233

You would be a fan if you knew how hard working he was and the fact that he became a success by being positive. It also doesn't hurt to have the wife that most men had a crush on at one period of time from her debut in '90 or '91.

March 2, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard

@wow2233, I wouldn't exactly see Mariah Carey as being all that great of a catch, considering she's been picked up by so many men she grew handles!

March 2, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael Raven

I like Nick!!! His humor on AGT always makes the show bearable. His movies were pretty funny also!! I hope for a speedy recovery!! God Bless

-Michael/Dallas, Texas

March 2, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • cee

Yeah and you only date women that have yet to feel the touch of a man lol. Mariah isn't some young girl so it kinda goes without saying that she has been around the block a few times but if you don't consider one of the richest women in the entertainment industry a good catch than I don't understand your thinking. With all that said I hope Nick gets well soon and cuts down on all the darn jobs he has and try to enjoy life RIGHT NOW.

March 2, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrew

despite Mariah's age, she's still gorgeous. that girl never seems to age.

March 2, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Clued In

You wouldn't age either if you could afford her plastic surgeon.

March 2, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peter- New Jersey

Hang in, Cannon... and be aggressive in seeking treatment and getting better. Happier and healthier days are just down the road, but you must seek them out. Best to you...

March 2, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |