March 1st, 2012

Justin Bieber gets birthday surprise on 'Ellen'

Our little pop star is all grown up! Justin Bieber turns 18 today, and when he's not being gifted with a new ride, he's celebrating by giving back.

Bieber revealed to fans via MTV that his birthday plans included spending time with friends and family, "have a little get together, nothing too crazy."

But the lead-up to his 18th also included a stop by Ellen DeGeneres' show, where his manager, Scooter Braun, surprised him with a swanky, eco-friendly present.

"He does things for the right reasons," Braun says of Bieber, telling him, "You work really, really hard, and I always yell at you, don't get anything flashy, we're not about that, be humble. And I kind of broke my own rule."

And because Bieber loves cars, "We wanted to make sure you were environmentally friendly...and we decided to get you a car that would make you stand out a bit on the road. So Justin, that's a Fisker Karma. Usher and I wanted to do this for you, since you never do anything for yourself."

Ellen's contribution to Bieber's birthday gift? A lovely (and practical!) windshield sunshade bearing the image of a heart with her face and Justin's on it, and an Ellen bobble-head for his dashboard.

As he did last year, the singer is also aiming to raise money for Charity: Water, a non profit that provides clean drinking water in developing nations.

Bieber tweeted yesterday, "[I] want to use my bday to help others. if u want please donate $18 to @charitywater on my 18th bday!...[S]o blessed. so moved. so grateful. cant believe this is my life. never going to take it for granted. always going to give back. thank you."

Filed under: Celebrities • Justin Bieber • Music

1. Bmw 120i 2006 2007 2008 And Repair Manual

You could definitely see your enthusiasm within the work you write. The world hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren't afraid to mention how they believe. At all times follow your heart.

May 8, 2012 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  2. Roo

:I love your news show… what a great idea!!! We might see some of you on the news when you grow up. Awesome and inspiring. Well done Preps. Hi Trish,Thank you for going on our blog and wtnirig a comment. We liked your comment. We do the news reports with Mr Holloway in our TV studio. We use the video camera and then Mr Holloway makes it into a movie for the Blog.Thanks again for your comment.From Sophie, Kelly and Jaxon.

April 26, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Waffle Ducks

If he's big on being environmentally friendly, he needs to stop consuming animals. The meat industry is a huge environmental mess. But just like many celebritwits, he's a faux-environmentalist.

March 2, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Guest

He looks like a girl,and I dont know or care about his music,but he seems like a good kid sometimes
    Until someone proves different.I dont like him,but I have no reason to hate him either.

March 2, 2012 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. .•|•.

That's a cute little car, is it made in the USA?

March 1, 2012 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Brandon

Bieber does not have to put on makeup and groom himself so he looks like a gay woman. He looks like a skinny Chaz Bono. And you girls think he is cute. Future lesbians.

March 1, 2012 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Brandon

Bieber looks more like a girl than Ellen. He looks like a gay woman. Imagine him in a military uniform. I have a 1 yr old daughter who watches Disney, younger boys than him look more like a man than he does. All of these young girls think he is so cute. He looks like a gay woman. When these girls get 18 they will be lesbians, they will be dating girls that dress like boys, because that is what they have learned.

March 1, 2012 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sophie

I love u Justin happy bday I am your biggest fan

March 1, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  9. candy girl13

I FREAKEN LOVE YOU JB YOUR THE BEST AND UR ALSO REALLII CUTE HAPPY BRITHDAY LOVE YOUR BIGGEST FAN

March 1, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Tatiana

He had such a baby face.

March 1, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  11. outside looking in

*fap, fap, fap* OH JUSTIN! *fap, fap, fap, fap, fap!*

March 1, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • hi

Tyler is vixen is alecia is richard fore is happy cow. You forgot tyler the first time. Lol

March 1, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. outside looking in

I am so glad he is finally 18 years old! Now I can have my private thoughts about him without being a dirty old man!

March 1, 2012 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • outside looking in

Trolling me now? TY I feel so lucky! Now let me get this straight from 'while you were working'. *I'll do your equal game* vixen=alecia=richardfore=happycow.Did I miss any?

March 1, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  13. nbafan

I hope everyone here is smart enough to realize anything this little turd does for charity is a PR move created by his reps. Good PR=more money

March 1, 2012 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
    • outside looking in

Or he could just be generous, Jack-a55... Why don't you go back to trolling adele, cuz this one was a fail. Looser!

March 1, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Coolbreeze

Jealous much?

March 1, 2012 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • onlooker

I've actually met him and will verify that he is quite awful indeed. Him and Beyonce might be the two worst celebrities in all of the industry. That reason alone I refuse to support any of their ventures.

March 1, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • @nbafan

even if it was a pr stunt, he's still doing good works for society. i'm sure nobody would turn away his money or fame to help promote their cause. pr or not, he's still doing the right thing.

March 1, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • nbafan

Thanks for doing that for me, but I have to agree that Adele is quite large and rather in charge.

Willing to wager 100$ you will never hear from her again after this year.

March 1, 2012 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • nbafan is a lousy troll

Don't talk about money you don't have or are not willing to give up.

March 1, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Innova

hi Terry , IM just starting to come right again after pliynag around on northburn over the weekend ,looking forward to being there next year . Small problem at present is that i recieved a tee shirt top but paid for a long sleeve one ! i like the tee so happy to pay for that and get a long sleve . please confirm this .regards ,terry connolly ,(109) cheers

April 24, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jeff

Like this guy really needs a car bought for him. What a joke

March 1, 2012 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  15. sydney jb lover 4ever

I love Justin.been a fan since the start and always will be!!*:)**

March 1, 2012 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  16. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlJz2ollrR8&w=640&h=390]

March 1, 2012 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Lelo

Kelly aka the psycho who can't let go! – IP adserds is 98.166.106.91New adserds is 111 Heather Way.Wanna know more?Ain't technology grand!Seriously you have issues hun. get a life. It is really quite sad.November 2, 2008 1:18 am

April 26, 2012 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  17. stop it !

Wasn't that nice ! I luv him, he so se xy n does so much good for charitys n stuff. Biebs rox !

March 1, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |