Rick and Shane brawl on 'The Walking Dead'
February 27th, 2012

Rick and Shane brawl on 'The Walking Dead'

The fight we all knew was coming finally happened on Sunday night's episode of "The Walking Dead."

After Rick confronted Shane with the fact that he knew what happened to Otis, and Shane remarked that Rick couldn't keep the group safe, the two literally came to blows in the midst of leaving Randall to fend for himself.

When a wrench Shane threw at Rick went into a window, it attracted a swarm of walkers (the moment when Shane realized what he did, reflected in the glass, was one of the most amazing images in the series' short history – in fact, this entire episode had some extraordinary camera work).

While Randall freed himself and fought off some walkers on his own, Rick decided to do to Shane exactly what Shane did to Otis. Shane was left in a school bus, forced to hold a door closed to fight off each walker with a knife, one by one.

But then, Rick saw two dead walkers who used to be police officers, and turned around. Like the cavalry arriving, Rick and Randall shot the walkers around the bus and rescued Shane. Rick made it clear to Shane that he had to respect his rules from now on.

Shane's biggest supporter, Andrea, had broken one rule too many, however, and was banished from the house by Maggie after she all but encouraged Maggie's sister to go through with committing suicide.

Hershel's youngest regretted her decision and will live, but it now appears there may be a reckoning for Andrea, as well as Shane (somehow I don't think this new understanding with Rick will last very long).

The show has now had two episodes in a row that have struck the right balance between suspense and pushing the story forward (and let's face it, plenty of gore as well).

Do you agree that the show is back on a roll? What do you think will happen with Andrea, and do you agree about Rick and Shane? Share your view on iReport video or comment below.

1. biofeedback

Unquestionably consider that that you stated. Your favorite justification seemed to be at the internet the easiest factor to bear in mind of. I say to you, I definitely get irked at the same time as other people consider issues that they plainly don't know about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the top and outlined out the entire thing without having side-effects , folks can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thank you

April 18, 2012 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jay Lo

Great article! I loved this episode and I think the fight was long over due. I was happy to see the two of them get in a fight and try to settle things. The Walking Dead is awesome and I can’t wait to see the next episode. I’m bummed that it’s the season finale and we have to wait all summer for the next season to start. Believe me I never miss a show even though I work at Sunday nights. I rely on my DISH online feature to keep up viewing on my iPad. I can watch thousands of movies and TV shows. I have access to live TV and all my DVR recordings. I can take my iPad with me too and log in and watch a show while I’m on my lunch break or when ever. This gives me flexibility with my TV and I can watch more TV on my time. This has been a great way to enhance my employee service from DISH.

March 16, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  3. LeeAnne1021

We need more Daryl..enough said! TEAM DARYL :)

February 28, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. .•|•.

Last pm's epi was pretty good, but, can anybody tell me...why was it nessecary to cut themselves w/a knife to smear the blood for the zombies when they had blood (from fighting) all over them already?

February 27, 2012 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Abby

I really loved the episode (though I watched it with my non-zombie fan parents which wasn't so pleasant!)
    In part of my mind I wish Shane would just go, but at the same time if Rick had decided to leave Shane there, I would not like him much at all. Though I wonder if their brawl will ever be known to the rest of the group.... hmm!

February 27, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Fishtale63

I'm still not sold on this season of TWD. I haven't given up on the series, but I will say that I believe that the show has suffered a great deal at the loss of Frank Darabont. They sure as hell pinch those pennies when it comes to production! Did anybody else notice that there were more people missing from last night's episode then were in it? Dale, Glenn, Carl, Daryl, T-Dog and Carol were all no shows. Hell, we never even saw Herschel and he was supposedly patching up Beth's wrist! You'd think he would have had something to say about that situation...........but no............oddly no.
    We've been told that things are going to be ramped up in the second half of the season. Admittedly, that appears to be the case. As of yet, however, the teeth of The Walking Dead haven't sunk as far into me as far as they did in season one. I'm trying to be patient, though.

February 27, 2012 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Leigha

I thought last night's show was intense. Definately heading in the right direction to what must be an explosive ending. The cops with no bites was definately interesting...curious to see where that is headed. I did miss Norman's wonderful presence on the show last night....but looks like next week will make up for it :)

February 27, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. lisa

if anyone has a good spoiler site, please post. dale dying makes me sad; he's my favorite character. i would rather lori go, but i guess that's not going to happen.

February 27, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • BethTX

Ugh. Lori. How soon can we feed that conniving btch to a Walker? She voluntarily slept with Shane and has spent every single episode since then trying to make it his fault, with Rick's full participation. I liked the line last night where Rick told Shane he felt like breaking his jaw when he heard about Shane and Lori. Really? Why not break your wife's jaw while you're at it? It was 50/50, buddy.

February 27, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. kleeb

I have to wonder if the discussion over the zombie cops not having been bitten (thier clothes were still in order and not flithy) might be a foreshadowing of whatever it was the CDC doctor told Rick...Is the cause of the zombie apocalyspe mutating? Can it be contracted and spread without a bite? Has the danger increased?

I'm still amazed at all the comments against the characters. Character developement is the heart of the show. And with such a large cast it takes a while for each to have a turn and interacting with each other and coming to terms with their new world. Love the pace. Terrifying for a while and then reaction as the characters process it. Excellent writing and acting by all. Love the show. And from what I read, we shouldn't assume that the action from the comic novel is going to happen in the show. That's the great thing about changing genres - a chance for new situations, characters and plot twists.

Enjoy the ride!

February 27, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.Patrick

I'm betting that what CDC guy whispered to Rick in his ear was that the virus is not only airborn, but that no matter what happens to you when you die (even of natural causes), everyone comes back as a walker unless their brain is destroyed.

February 27, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Joe

Meh. Back to the usual soap opera crap.

About the only thing I liked was the reference to the dead cops? security guards? not having been bit...

February 27, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  11. tina

(Covering ears) I dont' want to hear about Dale dying. He's one of my favorites. One of the more sensible of the group.

February 27, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ben

I hope Michonne makes an appearance already...

February 27, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Dave

I think Shane will get killed in the season finale. I think it will take place on the farm when Shane and Rick get into again and Carl will shoot Shane to protect his dad....similiar to the comic.

February 27, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Adara

It seems like they're all losing it and turning crazy and evil. They should keep the new guy. He seems to be okay. Shane is such and a**. He really has some issues. Too bad the walkers didn't get him.

February 27, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  15. BethTX

Last night's episode was amazing. The parallel between Shane's realizing that he'll always walk alone and the shot of his watching the lone Walker was heartbreaking. Jon Bernthal did a fantastic job, as always. I love Shane. Could have done without the boring women's sewing circle between Lori and Maggie in the kitchen, but Andrea redeemed that by verbally bitttchslapping Lori as she sho richly deserves.

February 27, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • It'sAllGood

Don't get too attached to Shane, I guess. Spoiler sites say he dies in the second to last episode. NEWS FLASH: Dale also dies ion this next episode, something to do with saving Carl's life and Daryl has to shoot him when he gets bitten by a walker.

February 27, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  16. cnnlicksit

No the show is not back on a roll. Never was on a roll. Hasn't rolled since the first few episodes of season 1. The show is a boring, cliche soap opera with some zombie scenes thrown in to attract the legions of fans of zombie flicks.

February 27, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ben

But apparently you keep watching it so what does that say? you idiot...lulz

February 27, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |