While you were working...
February 24th, 2012

While you were working...

Today's news you might've missed:

• There are apparently plenty of details about an impending wedding for Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel, but we've yet to see her flaunt the engagement ring in public. Can someone help us out here? Where's the rock, J. Biel? [Us Weekly]
  • Oscar nominee Michelle Williams is now an "honorary Irishwoman." [BBC]
  • Tyra Banks didn't just talk about it, she was about it - the TV personality/model/author now also holds a Harvard Business School degree. [E!]
  • Say whatever you want about Kathy Ireland: As the richest supermodel in the world, she can't hear you over the sound of all that money piling up in her bank account, anyway. [People]
  • Let the fighting of the franchises begin! Word has it "The Hunger Games" has overtaken "Twilight's" prior first-day advance ticket sales record. [NYDN]
  • The biggest awards show of the season isn't till Sunday, but "Bridesmaids" star Wendi McLendon-Covey has already given out an acceptance speech...for "Bridesmaids" being the most-viewed new release movie on Comcast's Xfinity On Demand. [Xfinity.Comcast.net]

Filed under: While you were working

1. When is this...

...Hill-Billy SPAM cr@p going to end? This was obnoxious a week ago!

February 27, 2012 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Richard Fore

What it not nasty enuff for you? Jealous of a couple hillbillys to? You truely are sad. If you want nasty talk, let's talk about your huge azz, looser.lol

February 27, 2012 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  2. .•|•.

Good eve all! I have to agree w/Ben, not much to comment on. So I just got caught up on almost a weeks worth of reading the blog/comments. I have to admit, some of them really made me lol! Nice change of pace. Also, just read the live blog for Oscars. It's been going for 3 hrs & there were only 28 comments! I tuned in after Walking Dead, yeah, it's a real snooze fest. Well, I hope everyone had a good w/e!

February 26, 2012 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Liz Carter

DECAF!!! YOU MUST BE SOME CRAZY WHITE F0OL!!! I'M A STRONG BLACK WOMAN!! I DO NOT NEED DECAF!! I HAVE TO BE WIRED!! YA HEAR ME?! WIIRRREEEEDDDDD!! I'M GOING TO GO OUT AND I'M GOING TO B*T(H SLAP THE FIRST WHITE PERSON I SEE!! YOU WATCH AND SEE!! WHERE THE H3LL IS THAT D@MN BOTTLE JIM BEAN?!!

February 26, 2012 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  4. Sally Mae

gud mornin folks. well mr bobby john & i had our date last nite. it was purely magical. i got to the parkin lot a little early so i culd get a good parkin spot. mr bobby john came ridding in on his horse. he looked just like a nite in shinin armor. did ya know his horses name is mr-ed. that darn horse can talk & has a rly nastie mouth, to. we were sitting there under the stars & moon watching the little critters searching for food, when that lorax thing showed up & scared them all away. they sure do run fast when they are scared. well that birz & beez talk that mr bobby johns maw gave him, did the tric. his little stinger works pritty gud. we had a very romantical nite. well mr bobby john popped the question & we're gittin hitched. paw is so pleased. i founds my man before my fortinth bday. i gots lots of plans to make for the weddin in a few weeks. so if u are ever in the great state of luisiana & go to the county or state fair, u'l see me a the pig-ridin competion, dont ya no. by by for now everybidy. may u all be lucky in luv lik me.

February 26, 2012 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Bobby John

Aw sweetpee y'all say the nycezt thangs. I iz so happi. Yer az fine az the hair on a frog! Momma n paw luvz y'all to. Momma sayz y'all gotz da guud babi makn hipz n she can't wait ta be a granny. Mommaz bizy makin planz to. Owr weddin day iz gunna be owt o thiz wurld. (Lik lazt nite) Dat lorax thang sure scart dem critterz. Pry a guud thang. Y'all teached me bowtz thangz I neva new culd be dun on me old mr ed. I gived him a spit baff thiz murnin. Laffin. Momma sayz that she spoket ta Balinduh sue n shed luvs ta meet cho paw. Duble weddin maybee. I luz y'all Sally mae. See y'all tanite.

February 26, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  5. Liz Carter

OMG!!! MY BLOOD PRESSURE IS GOING UP BECAUSE I'M SO ANGRY ALL THE TIME! WHERE IS MY DAMN BOTTLE OF JIM BEAN?! I NEED TO ADD ME SOME TO MY COFFEE!!!

February 26, 2012 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  6. Sokman

I've heard from my wife & mom (not the same woman, I'm not related to the fool(s) above me) that the books put Twilight to shame. I prefer non-fiction so I haven't read them.

February 25, 2012 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bobby John

Y y'all callz us foolz? We be guud peeple. Not to kinlee of y'all. I iz gunna haff a wife to. We be da luckee uns.

February 26, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  7. sissy

@Bobby John I went to skool with yer sister. She waz the slot and all boys took terns wif her. Nobody knows who her babeys paw iz. So sad!

February 25, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bobby John

Y'all gotz sissy mixet up wiff sumun elz. Momma shack schuulz us. It be to fur ta go toda schuul. Free sissyz in da wurld, wowza!

February 26, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  8. Granny Smith

J&J are both adorable but i've always thought they were beards for one another.

February 25, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Liz Carter

I'll be in the woods waiting for you white folks and cut off your heads and feed it to the pigs

February 25, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Liz

You are kind of an angry woman, aren't you?

February 25, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bobby John

Make surez y'all take one un dem slingshotz er a gun, dat lorax thang iz stil owt dare. Pigz aint to parhshell to headz jess so y'all no. You bess be luukin owt fer da trapz to.

February 25, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. sissy

Sally Mae and Bobby John, have fun and be sure to bring rubbers on your date. Can't wait to hear about your date!

February 25, 2012 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Sally Mae

well miss sissy, thank u for yur coment. i don't thnk wheel be needin any rubers for our date, the weather is suposed to be beutiful tonite. we had a gator hyde curing, so paw made me sum lovely shoes for my feet. i'll bet the other girlz will be so jelous of me. i went trollin for gator the mornin wth paw & mr stumpie. someday we r gona find that gator that took his arm. he's not the best gator restler. i'm heded down to the bubbly hot spring fer my weekly bath. i want to smell my best for mr bobby john. this is gonna be a romantical evening. nuttin says romanse like watchin the critters diggin for ther dinner behind the pigliewiglie. my forteenth bday is comin, so i hope mr bobby john is the one. paw is very hopeful, don't ya no. gots to get a preppin. by by for now.

February 25, 2012 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Bobby John

I can't beweave it, that iz my seestars name to! We won't be needin dem rubberz becuz it aint gunna rain tonite. Purrdy kind of y'all to have worriez fer us.

February 25, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Sally Mae

oh hi there mr bobby john. surry i missed u agin. i woorked xtra hard today, so i woodn't have so many chores tomorow. i want to have plenty of time to look pritty fur our date. we had to nuter some bulls today. they wer gettin a little agressive & hard to handle. i'm pritty handy with a cleaver. ya know, every time i waaked one of those bullballs off, i'd think of that mr richard fore. i'll bet he'd like to get a hold of one of those! tehehehe.. u culd rly do som likkin on those bad boys. i'm xcited bout r date. don't wurry bout that bird & bezz stuff. i've ben scholed in the ways of luv. i no how to take care of mr wiggly. c u satnite mr bobby john. it will be a nite to rember, don't ya no.

February 24, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bobby John

Hi sweetpee. Az purt of me lessonz, Momma haz me cowntin da howrz til owr date. If y'all haf ani of thoze bullballz left, Momma kin cookem like y'all woodnt beweave. We culd haf sundaa suppa wif y'all afta sunday go ta meatin of corse. She gotz me toez dun. She tuk grit paper to dem, I aint gunna be climeing no treez fer a spell. She shaved dem all da way pass the skin. Aint gotz nuthin ta dig in da bark no mo. Gess me shoez will be a fittin agin. Momma jess tuuk me cleen undawhere off da line, time ta git drezzt. I iz all a twitta fer tanite. So is me specshall perpose. (I lurned bowt dat in da birdz n beez skuulin) Bub by Sally mae see y'all reel soon.

February 25, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ben

Not much to comment on tonight. I couldn't remember what that Kathy Ireland looked like. I went to the link, and either that picture is really bad, or modeling wasn't very good to her, except the fact that she's worth $350 million.

February 24, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Bobby John

Deer Sally mae, Momma gived me dim lessonz on da birdz n beez. Oh lawd I iz ancy in me pancyz fer satnite. Momma iz gunna warsh me toenailz owt fer me to. I be squicky cleen fer y'all. Bub by sweetpee see y'all at da critter trash divin.

February 24, 2012 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Leucadia Bob

Just released – Reggae sensations Alborosie a talks about a song that he collaborated with Amy Winehouse on – tobe release in the next few weeks
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPEr6NO-aRQ&w=640&h=390]