Octavia Spencer's post-Oscar plans: A breast lift
February 24th, 2012

Octavia Spencer's post-Oscar plans: A breast lift

Oscar nominee Octavia Spencer has big plans following the Academy Awards, but they have nothing to do with whether she takes home the Oscar for best supporting actress.

The "Help" star tells Parade magazine that for her first "splurge" gift, "I am going to get my boobs lifted...I figured, going into my forties, I want my boobs where they were when I was 17."

Spencer, who'll turn the big 4-0 in May, says that's definitely a post-Oscars appointment.

"Right after the Oscars, I start a Diablo Cody movie," she explains. "We're taping out of the country for four months, so I wouldn't be back here until about August...[and] I would want to do this around November. Then that way I could just relax until January."

At least she's honest!

Filed under: Awards Season • Celebrities • Oscars 2012

1. The Gosselin Blues

you do your own racist damage...i would pull that back....people can figure things out they are not stupid

March 12, 2013 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  2. The Gosselin Blues

everyone knows she's a racist from the blogs....be careful

March 12, 2013 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  3. community funding startups

Some really wonderful articles on this website , regards for contribution. community funding startups http://we-are-awesome.com/blog/2012/11/update-jean-de-wet/

March 12, 2013 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  4. mex

Too bad there are so many hateful people in the word. I, like Rodney King wonder why we just can't get along....

February 27, 2012 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  5. John

I like Octavia. She's cool, and she has real talent. But.... this was hardly an Oscar worthy performance. Please. When is the Academy going to finally get over it's desperate need to show everyone how, hip, cool and progressive they are by handing out awards to people just for being black??? Get real. Black people should be offended by all these freebie awards.

February 26, 2012 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Liz Carter

Very funny! Just know this...there's somebody watching greater than you and I, so when you hit a bump, don't even wonder why. I'm only speaking of principles, equality, compassion, empathy, and fairness, while we are yet still here on this earth. If you can't handle that, then so be it. Something must be missing! PRAY! My true, ultimate battle has already been won

February 26, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Liz Carter

I GOT TO BREAK THE SEAL ON A FRESH BOTTLE OF JIM BEAN !! WHAT IS IT TO YOU? !!!

February 26, 2012 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  8. Liz Carter

Oh my bad!!! ...in angry tone! I meant "Diary of a MAD Black Woman 2"!!! I'm allow to make mistakes aint't I ?!!!!! NOW BACK OFF! I'M ANGRY AND I'M ALLOW TO BE!!! I'M A STRONG, PROUD BLACK WOMAN AND I'LL KICK YOUR A55!!! HEAR ME ROAR!!!!!!

February 26, 2012 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  9. Liz Carter

Y'all just jealous that i'm the leading actress in Tyler Perry's "Diary of an Angry Black Woman 2". That's won't be no acting y'all. That's the real me! Aaannnnrrrryyyyy black woman. People run when they see me coming cuz I'm soooo aannnggrryy! As well as they such be! period! I have a right to be ANGRY!!

February 26, 2012 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  10. @Liz Carter

Such a bitter person.

February 25, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Liz Carter

'Such a bitter person'?? Well what kind of person do you say @Liz Carter February 24, 2012 4:45 pm "You people want everything don't you" is pretell? I think i'd prefer to label my self as brave, OK?? Although I do have plenty of reason to be bitter, my previous state of possible 'bitterness' has evolved to boldness and bravery. I just say what some people want to say and are afraid to come out and say it. Then there are some who actually think we have overcome and see no reason to say it. Why? It's because they got by...they are doing alright...PERSONALLY! So the rest of us need to "stand down"...huh? No way!

February 26, 2012 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  11. Liz Carter

Yep! You got that right! 'We people' want what belongs to us, and what is OWED to us! 'We people' want EVERYTHING we deserve!!! Most of it was held back from us and a lot of it was taken...but 'We people' are here to collect 'OURS' now!!

February 25, 2012 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
    • jimmmer

You must be really old.

Because slavery ended 150 years ago, so "we" are either 200 years old, or "we" want everything that was never kept from you in the first place.

March 2, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. aaw98

All she really needs is to order the entree called Chicken Breast Oscar ($24.95) right at the Awards!

February 24, 2012 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  13. @Liz Carter

You people want everything don't you

February 24, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. MP4/3GP VIDEOS, FOR FREE, GET IT NOW! Note:18

hmm i wornder how that breast will look like.

February 24, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  15. be quiet

Octavia Spencer's post-Oscar plans: A big, meaty dump in the Kodak Theatre restroom.

February 24, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  16. MadCityBabe

I would try losing some weight before the boob lift – that would help.....................jezuz the crap these clowns spew to get press

February 24, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Bumble Bee

In other words be happy to win a award for being a slave? Wow!! So I guess we ain`t tired of being DISRESPECTED?

February 24, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Bumble Bee

February 24, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  19. lol

@ liz carter That could be. After I google those names and figure out who they are, I will let you know if I agree.

February 24, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • RZ70

Can't say I know them all, but if you don't remember Phylisha after you google her, you're either under 30, or don't like comedy (I know she's done other stuff, but that's what most people are going to recognize her for).

February 24, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • @rz70

She was momma Huckstable on the Cosby show.

February 24, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Liz Carter

It certainly is time this sister got nominated for something! I've often wondered about her and a few others. I was glad to see Monique get an Oscar but I believe there are quite a few other African American women actors who should've been nominated and/or already won one for their good works! The three that stick out in my mind are Alfre Woodard, Loretta Devine, and Phylisha Rashad. They should've had one before Monique.

February 24, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • MadCityBabe

....seriously?!

February 24, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rita

@Liz – you left out Angela Bassett, Lonette McKee who was in the original "Sparkle" and the great Cicily Tyson. Cicily Tyson is one of the most talented actresses in hollywood, esp. her early films – that it is almost disgraceful that she didn't get more recoginition. SPECIAL NOTE to Hollywood, stop casting talented actresses like Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer in roles that are slaves, maids or frumpy women. Those roles were all that was offered in the past but we are in 2012 now. They are just as beautiful and definitely more talented than your Jennifer Aniston.

February 24, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |