Simon Cowell looking for two 'X Factor' hosts
February 23rd, 2012

Simon Cowell looking for two 'X Factor' hosts

Between Kelly Rowland, LeAnn Rimes and Britney Spears all rumored to be intrigued by the idea of judging on "The X Factor," it doesn't look like Simon Cowell is hurting for possibilities.

Cowell wouldn't confirm or deny the gossip in a talk with reporters Wednesday, but he did say he's currently exploring his options.

"We will meet with a number of people over the next few weeks," Cowell said. "There is loads of speculation. There are a lot more people who have entered the fray this year. We wanted to see who would contact us before we contact people. That's a good place to be."

What they do know is that they're looking to add two women to "The X Factor's" judges panel, and they're also looking to add two new hosts in former host Steve Jones' place.

"It will be two," Cowell said. "As we've learned on the show is, you've got so much information to relay as one person, it's impossible to have one person doing a hosting job. You've got to give out so much information now, they're like newscasters now, these hosts. It's a much bigger role, I think there's a fun way to do it with two people. I always wanted a boy and a girl to host the show and I think it's going to happen now."

Who do you think could be the two hosts for the next season of "X Factor"?

1. yo mamma sux

Who gives a flyin f u k about some lame scripted pop music show that only inbred morons watch? you all just sit there like idiots watching a box that make u feel like the losers u are

February 24, 2012 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  2. Sally Mae

what in the wurld is an x factor? it's not some kind of wild beast or sumpin. how culd it judge anythin?

February 23, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Bobby John

Oh lawd, that wombin in da pictur on top of me iz scari!

February 23, 2012 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVdV4X2M2AI&w=640&h=390]

February 23, 2012 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Daphne

Me! Simon if youre reading this I would make a great judge for the show! Years of music experience and an ear and eye for talent. Plus wouldnt having a stranger as one of the judges make for bringing a new audience to the show. Especially one almost as opinionated as you. Im not afraid to tell the truth, and im not afraid to pretend he is actually going to read this!! haha Cant get anywhere if you dont take a chance :)

February 23, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Belle

Some good judges would be jewel, Alison Krauss, Celine dion, sade....someone who's music has spanned generations...someone who is versatile....

February 23, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. moon627

i liked the first season of the show and enjoyed Paula and Nicole but i dont think i could stand to watch or listen to either Britney or LeAnn – ugh ! Dont be stupid Simon !

Kelly Rowland would be good as would Mariah and maybe someone like Pink or Gwen Stefani :)

February 23, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Kareen

Britney Spears? Only if you want someone who sings like a chipmunk herself. Everyone I know would not watch the show any longer

February 23, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Michael NYC

He's a fool for not having a chance for the PUBLIC to audition for the host role. Come on, Simon. I know I'd audition and make the top 20 in a second.

February 23, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. RONINSF

...I ENJOYED THIS SHOW, BUT ONCE I FOUND OUT ABOUT PAULA BEING LET GO, I DECIDED IT IS BEST TO NOT WATCH IT ANYMORE. SHE MADE IT FUNNY/LIGHT-HEARTED.
    ESPECIALLY IF HE LANDS BRITNEY – BOY, THIS WOULD DEFINITELY SINK THE SHOW EVEN FURTHER.
    I AM LOVING THE VOICE!

February 23, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Boo

They should cancel this show. I'm tired of this arrogant idiot polluting our airwaves with his bad taste. I can't believe how far the UK has fallen music wise....from the Beatles (the peak) to this moron (the sewer).

February 23, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  12. jujubeans

He should get Madonna and Lindsay Lohan. Maybe he'd get laid.

February 23, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kareen

Believe me, Simon doesn't need Madonna or Lohan to get laid.
      Besides he has better taste.

February 23, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lisa

They should hire a non-celebrity also - a music fan.

February 23, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |