Jennifer Aniston on 'Friends' reunion: I don't think so
February 23rd, 2012

Jennifer Aniston on 'Friends' reunion: I don't think so

Cast reunions of some form or another have become standard these days, but don't hold your breath for "Friends" to be the latest.

Star Jennifer Aniston, who played Rachel Green on the classic NBC show from 1994 to 2004, has said she doesn't think it's in the cards.

"No, there will be none. I don't think so," she told MTV of the thought of Rachel, Ross, Monica, Phoebe, Joey and Chandler resurfacing once again. "Wouldn't that be weird? I would be like, 'Oh, God, why did they do that?'"

And she's not the only "Friend" who feels that way.

The Hollywood Reporter pointed out in an interview with the 43-year-old actress that her former co-star Matt LeBlanc, who played Joey on the long-running series, has said that he can't see "Friends" going the "Sex and the City" route and winding up in movie theaters.

Aniston herself told THR that she "can't imagine how you would do it, unless you did it years from now. Then it would be, 'who are these guys? What are we watching?'...'Friends' is in your living room, 'Friends' is not in a movie theater. It doesn't make sense to me. I think it would be going against its authentic self."

(Studio Warner Bros. agrees with both of the actors, as it tells CNN that there isn't a "Friends" movie in the works anyway.)

But let's say, just for kicks, that "Friends" did let us peek into the future lives of the characters we came to know so well. If that were to ever happen, Aniston thinks we'd see Ross and Rachel building a larger family.

"They're absolutely, 100 percent together," Aniston told THR. "They have more kids! He's probably still working, and hopefully they're still hanging out somewhere. It would be really upsetting if they weren't, it would bum me out."

Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. test1

Hi there, every time i used to check website posts here early in the dawn, as i love to learn more and more. test1 http://testdomain.com

March 17, 2013 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Kaitlyn

love FRIENDS!!!! i think it would be a huge step for the television show!
    but i guess that none of the actors think the FRIENDS reunion is going to happen... so it's not.
    that's disappointing... how did this rumor even start?
    I hope that Warner bros. change there mind!

May 1, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. MARGARET

IT HAD ITS FUNNY MOMENTS...I'D WATCH IT. THEY SHOULD THINK ABOUT IT SERIOUSLY DOING SOMETHING.

March 23, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Carl

Why is Jennifer Aniston even relevant. She cant act, is really physically unattractive(the media has made her out to be pretty, guys I know think she is a dog) and the show she was on..friends..was about really dis functional people, like her,Moho at 87 or whatever she is, is still unmarried.

Please stop wasting our time with this woman's life.

March 14, 2012 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hi

So, you think she is a dog?? A bit harsh don't you think??? She can act to be frank, watch her character on Friends then watch her character on Horrible Bosses, I think that will shut your mouth!! And also, if she can't act, then why did all her producers and casting directors cast her into movies and tv shows????? Use some intiative!!

November 25, 2012 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  5. Jim

A great article about nothing. A thing that no one asked for, and will not happen. Well done!

In related news, some other people will not be going anywhere, and a completely different group of people will be unaware of that fact.

March 9, 2012 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  6. GaPeach

I can understand! Afer all, Anniston has evolved into such an outstanding actress.....duh! If anyone wants to see her as a "Friend" watch her movies; she still plays the same part......

March 5, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. expectationswerehigh

i was really expecting FRIENDS to hit the big screen by 2013!!! I hate it why won't there be FRIENDS remake! I love friends so much, the cast and storyline were amazing plus it's a sitcom. Ohh.. I hope they'll change their minds 'coz it(the FRIENDS remake) would really be a box office hit

February 26, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. SourMilkSea

"Friends Reunion in the Works?!?! CAST SAYS NO! However, WARNER BROTHERS SAYS NO! Then we asked the sponsors, writers, boom-mike operator and craft food service delivery man and they ALL SAID NO!" – Bandwidth Space Officially Wasted.

February 25, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  9. be quiet

I watched Friends when it was still on the air, but I can't bring myself to watch the reruns for some reason. It's just not funny to me now, as it was then. I would definitely not watch any Friends movie.

February 24, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Lonely in Hicksville

No more Oprah and no more Friends. What am I to do. Guess I'll go wash my trailer.

February 24, 2012 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  11. Rose

They are too old to just be "hanging out" together. That's fine when you're 20 but these guys are headed toward 50! I guess they could be like Golden Girls. Aniston is the only one out of the bunch that still lives and acts likes she's 20. The rest grew up.

February 24, 2012 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
    • John

- Love love love!!! You are so good and so classy, Kelly. Beautiful pelope. Each one is unique and fantastic. Love the one peaking through the cake stand. the one through the window is so so good. your colors are so rich, and real. I am your total fan.03/10/2011 8:50 pm

April 24, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. me

Never say never... I'd love to see a Friend's Reunion.

February 24, 2012 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Susan

Friends was a great escape through a very difficult time, and I love the "Friendsisms" from the show. I would love to see a reunion. However, I can see why the actors would not want to do this. They have moved on.

March 22, 2012 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Sally Mae

so miss nancy, have u been eatin any roadkill lately. sometimes i have a little problem after having mystery critter. those folks in the picture frame look so handsome. are they kissin cousins? we have a lot of tht in the holler.

February 23, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. nancy

Lately my poo has a funny taste.

February 23, 2012 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  15. nancy

My poop has a funny taste.

February 23, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  16. nancy

I am so disappointed to hear Jen say there will never be a Friends reunion. Of course we want to see what happens to the gang! We want to see Ross and Rachel get married........see Phoebe and Mike have a baby.......see how Monica and Chandler's kids turn out...and Joey.........we just want to see if he ever falls in love.

"Who are these guys?" They are our Friends! Who else could they be? How can she say that after all of the love and support the fans of the show gave them for 10 years?

And Jen – an FYI.......we don't want to see them "hanging out" ...we want to see how they lived life day after day once the show ended.

February 23, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  17. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTEX-qjDKW0&w=640&h=390]

February 23, 2012 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  18. MBiggenson

I can't believe it was even on TV – there's no chance it will be in theaters. And don't think I'm a hater. I'm not a hater. I didn't hate friends. Oh no.. I LOATHED Friends. I'm a loather.

February 23, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Triumph

Thank you CNN for another good column....
    FOR ME TO POOP ON!