Miranda Lambert: Take notes, Chris Brown
February 20th, 2012

Miranda Lambert: Take notes, Chris Brown

Miranda Lambert was serious when she posted to her Twitter account, following the 2012 Grammy Awards, that she thought Chris Brown should listen to her song, "Gunpowder and Lead."

At a performance Thursday in Amherst, Massachusetts, Lambert held up a fan-made sign encouraging the 22-year-old R&B singer to pay close attention to the track, which focuses on a woman who grabs her gun as defense against an abusive husband. The sign Lambert held read, "Take notes Chris Brown."

Lambert told the cheering audience, "I just have to speak my mind, because where I come from, beating up on a woman is never OK. So that's why my daddy taught me early on in life how to use a shotgun."

In 2009, Brown pleaded guilty to one count of assault in the domestic disturbance that involved his then-girlfriend, Rihanna, the night before the Grammy Awards.

The singer - whose Twitter account was the subject of controversy earlier this month, when he used it to respond to those critical of his appearance at the Grammy Awards on February 12 - seemed to respond to Lambert's performance on Saturday.

"Using my name to get publicity? I love it! Perform your heart out!" he tweeted, following it up with, "Go buy @miranda_lambert album! So motivational and "PERFECT"!"

The singer's tweets also inspired a series of reports when he wrote early Monday, "Happy Birthday Robyn!"

Robyn, of course, is Rihanna's first name - and February 20 is her 24th birthday. She replied with a simple thanks, but the exchange has drawn a healthy amount of buzz.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. Cisco Switches

Nice post. I used to be checking continuously this weblog and I'm impressed! Extremely useful info particularly the closing section :) I maintain such information a lot. I was looking for this certain info for a very lengthy time. Thanks and good luck.

June 17, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  2. clan ferona

We're a bunch of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with useful information to paintings on. You have done a formidable activity and our entire community will probably be grateful to you.

April 3, 2012 at 5:56 am | Report abuse |
  3. tellitlikeitis

You can always tell when someone is truly W-Trash! It's one of their traits to tell black people to "stay in their place". A true sign of a racist and usually a southern one. She needs to worry about her career and going on a diet. Rhianna loves that man and who's to say she didn't attack him first. Mind your own business Miranda if you want to be in the news, show more talent!

February 28, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  4. lady q

I don't think anyone should judge Chris Brown. NO ONE, but Chris, Rhi, & God were in that car that night and Rhi admitted to putting her hands on him first. I don't know anyone with red blood flowing through their body that would not react back with physical violence. I am a domestic violence victim myself and I have forgiven my attacker and I have turned him over to the Lord. It is true that you will NEVER forget what happen, but for your own peace and sanity here on Earth, you MUST forgive and GIVE IT TO GOD. I don't think anyone believes Chris was right for his actions but you can blame him for being a human and displaying human reactions. It's easy for people to judge others who have NEVER been in certain situations.

I agree that Miranda is brave for speaking up, but if you're going to speak about one you need to speak about all the celebrity abusers. It's ironic to me how when a celebrity of public figure does something that your neighbor is doing everyday, people want to speak out against the celebrity but feels it's not their business when it's close to home. There were a couple of times when I screamed for help while I was getting punched in the face in public and everyone just looked. So until you do your part in preventing this violence, do judge the next person cause in reality you are just as guilty as the attacker when stand by and do nothing.

February 23, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. rmyoung

If a man hits me he wakes up to Hot Grits in bedded in him. Miranda in taking it over board, we are sick of hearing it from her, yeah we all hate a man that hit women. But what do you think we think about women who steal other women husbands away them and from there families? Your no better.

February 23, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jennifer

Wow...to those of you who compare hitting a woman to a "Mental health issue" or a "mistake" – I pray that you are never a victim of violence. Assault and Battery is a crime, you can say that he has paid his time – just go google the photo of Rihanna after his "mistake." Verbally assaulting this singer for expressing outrage is idiotic. I don't care who you are or what race you are...biting a woman in the face is never ok. Understandning the struggle victims of domestic abuse have in loving/hating their abusers the message that is being sent here is that abuse is fine and that we can forgive and forget. Go ahead and verbally assault me for condeming someone who left his woman in the street brusied and bloody...I don't care if it was three years ago or 10 years ago.

February 23, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Sorry Jennifer

I am sorry Jennifer but I believe that according to good Lords law's sleeping with a married man is a sin and any type of abuse, physical or mental is worng. being a vistim myself, and I am sure having another woman steal your husband is mental abuse, so I would say Miranda is a hypocrite and I am glad to know that you were there the night of Chris Brown and Rhianna's assult that you are able to state how she looked or what happend. Pictures do not tell a true story these days with the help of photo shop and eager paparazzi. So as far as that night goes for me, God knows what happen and God will take care of it all.

February 23, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. stud puppy

this gives me gas...... so I farted

February 23, 2012 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  8. cb

Yes Chris Brown is a punk....however, apparently Ms Lambert feels that cheating with someone elses spouse is perfectly acceptable behavior for which she should not be scorned........she played a large part in someone elses emotional pain, but wants to call Chris Brown to the forefront for what he did......

February 22, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lisa Amatulli

Miranda,
    Thank you for speaking up. I am a victim of domestic abuse. It still haunts me everyday.
    The only reason that I am still here today, is that the Bullet jammed in the chamber of the
    gun that he tried to shoot me with as my children stood by and watched.
    I have just heard that Rhianna is doing a duet with Chris. So frightening to me.
    These men never ever change. The anger just builds until the next time.
    I know because I tried to forgive. I have done my homework and due diligence.
    Gone to counseling through Women in Distress. Escaped with my life and children's
    life. I am guilty of letting my children see me weak and fall for false Love.
    I hope you don't have to sing at Rhianna's funeral.
    Anyway, I let God handle it. And so he did. My ex is now paralyzed in a wheel
    chair at age 40. He is in a nursing home, cannot speak only in numbers (1234),
    he cannot use his arms to hit another women.
    Don't worry Miranda, God will handle Chris Brown. His karma
    will get the best of him.
    Love you Miranda for standing up, because no one every
    stood up for me. Not even the Police.

Lisa

February 22, 2012 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  10. SD

This makes me laugh... All of this and Rihanna just was on Chris Brown's song and he on hers lmao you guys are funny.. Chris was wrong but what did his face look like?? They only showed hers. It makes no sense what Miranda girl is talking about since Chris paid he debt and Rihanna seemed to forgive him.. Who is she to judge... GOD??? smh

February 22, 2012 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  11. KajinPL

Everyone has to put in their 2 cents, even if it is 3 years late. SMH Grow up, sweetheart.

February 21, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Observer

Too bad her Daddy didn't teach her from an early age to keep her legs closed around married men! What a hypocrite! She needs to worry about her own sins, I think she is either jealous of Chris Brown or more likely wants him and knows she could never have him. There have been no shortage of wifebeaters (Charlie Sheen, Glen Campbell etc..,) that she has not only publicy criticized but supported!! She is gross. And I am saying this as a white person who prefers country over Chris Brown's style. There are a lot of us that see right through her hypocrisy and racism!

February 21, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  13. C

Where was Miranda 3yrs Ago when all this first happen? She wasn't saying anything then, she Just trying to make a name for herself in hopes to gain fans & bust her sales. But she singing a song about SHOOTING A MAN. Real way to promote violence, She really needs to sit down & get over herself. What happen between C.Brown & Rih is There business who are we to Judge him or her. If she wants to forgive him & Move past things, she should be able to. GOD WANTS US TO BE FORGIVE. Let him be the JUDGE ON JUDGEMENT DAY. I like both of them for their Music, But Don't Judge Them On Their PERSON LIVES.Who is to say he hasn't change? People Can Change & deserve to be FORGIVEN.

-GOD Bless

February 21, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  14. frankie

@jimmer stfu redneck.

February 21, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. SLOTribuneIsWorstPaperEver

I'd like to wipe that smug smirk off of Chris' face. He looks like a thug.

February 21, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  16. jimmer

Knee grows are funny. Forgive Chris Brown three years after beating another black person, but keep blaming white people for slavery 150 years after it ended.

Duh!!!!

February 21, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carrie Maede

Hey jimmer one has nothing to do with the other,both were wrong and if she was white he wouldn't be out of jail let alone have a Grammy.

February 21, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimmer

Then too bad she wasn't white. Stupid a ss girl beating monkey should still be in jail

February 21, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Connie0369

I didn't read all the comments but here's my opinion. I think Christ Brown has done his court required services/fines whatever. Miranda is using this to SELL RECORDS! If she feels this strongly I hope she has volunteered at Women's Shelters, etc where she could make a difference in someone's life instead of holding up a sign to make a statement. I am not impressed with her using someone else's hardship for her own gain.

February 21, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  18. RodneyG76

All the more reason that people should drop it. I think those who dislike CB must think that those who are just saying Miranda should mind her business and move on are sticking up for him. I am not. I'm just saying that people need to move on. No one will ever forget what he did no matter how many awards he wins or how many movie roles he gets. That is going to stick with him forever and it should. But at the same time, you're beating a dead horse. People saying that CB is a montser or he's this and that, is like saying the sky is blue. Must we have a reminder of what he did EVERYTIME his name comes up? Even after he's paid his dedbt to society and that the woman he abused is back with him? Again, I don't condone what he did and never will, but I aint gonna talk about it several years after the fact. . . .especailly when the woman he abused is still with him. I'm sure we all have more pressing needs going on in our own lives then to throw our 10 cents about CB and Rhi Rhi. GET OVER IT OR CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN TO CHANGE THE LAW FOR STIFFER PENALTIES. On that note, I'm done because I have a life and a job. And as CB would say. . . . .DEUCES!! LOL

February 21, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  19. h8ters!

She was simply making a point that after something so heinous he should not have been welcomed back with open arms! And yes Rhi and CB are whatever right now, that's her own stupidity! So this time when she gets beat I won't feel the slightest bit of sympathy!!

February 21, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  20. MomCat22

News flash to all y'all – It's a moot point... Robyn & CB reportedly have been bangin' for over a year. While it's true beating up on someone smaller/weaker makes him a lowlife & actually biting her face makes him a total loser...apparently she's willing to let it go and her idea of living dangerously is crawling back into the sack with him. Lowlife though he may be...she's coming across as just plain stoopid... Not judgin...just sayin.

February 21, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  21. oh ...

And when was Blake married??? You people need to get some facts straight!

February 21, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  22. h8ters!

Miranda Lambert is awesome!! It don't matter how long ago that happened, I was disgusted that they allowed him to perform. Woman beating is a real great message to send to impressionable children!! I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED HER AND LOVE HER MORE NOW FOR SPEAKING HER MIND! To everyone saying shut up and sing ... maybe u should shut up and be losers, nobody tells you that you can't have an opinion, so leave her to have hers! ... OH and it is in NO means RACIST! lol you guys really need to give that up already!

February 21, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Observer

What do you love more. That she is an adultress or that she only calls out young black men for domestic abuse (and cheers old white guys like Glen Campbell who do the same thing). Real hero to look up to she is!

February 21, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Carol

ML needs to not provoke someone who has a known rage issue. She is supposed to entertain her audience, not draw attention to something that is so personal to her, and having nothing to do with her music. If she must, perhaps she should right a song about it. It really is none of her business. Having a lot of money doesn't necessarily make the woman too bright. She needs to back off and mind her own business.

February 21, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Sue

I grew up being told not to go after a married man. I guess two wrongs make her right.

February 21, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Makayla

HATER! #TeamBreezy forrever in this she just wants someone to know her b/c I have NEVER heard of her til now.

February 21, 2012 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  26. SPONGBOB

WHATEVER CHRISBROWN IS AN AMAZING SINGER AND IM SURE HE FEELS BAD ABOUT THIS STUFF and just bringing it back what if this was reverse what if that poster was made out to you i kno u would be mad tell me how would u deal with this

February 21, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  27. trolling troll

He cld lick my b@lls. I luv a good looser.

February 21, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  28. SPONGBOB

can u just get over it rihanna is fine now why do u giz keep on IT WAS 3 YEARS AGO MY GOODNESS GET OVER IT MIRANDA

February 21, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  29. theunallied

I truly can't understand where the people are coming from that are supporting chris brown so credulously! I think many of you saying, "oh it happened three years ago, get over it" or "she probably did something to preempt the onslaught" don't understand what truly happened in that car. Chris brown should have been charged with attempted murder for his actions! And I am not over exaggerating. Please, if you are a chris brown supporter, take five minutes of your time to look over the court transcripts of the chris brown beating, just type it in to google. I think you'll be surprised by what you may find yourself reading.

February 21, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  30. Goofy Gina

Watch out Miranda! Mess with a brown boy and he'll most likely pop a cap in yo' a55! :O

February 21, 2012 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  31. RodneyG76

@ Jen. Well said Jen. Well said.

February 21, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  32. Jenn

OK I know I am going to get blasted for this but everyone is allowed an opinion and this is mine. I agree that what Chris Brown did was totally not acceptable. But he came out and pled guilty something not many abusers do, he then took his punishment and did everything he was required to do and more, and lastly Rhianna seems to have forgiven him and moved on so why can't everyone else. She was the victim not anybody else. Let's move on and let them get on with thier lives. If it was anybody else besides a celebrity the world wouldn't know anything about it.

February 21, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • don't touch me

Dear Jenn,
      My ex did time too. I let some time pass.
      Forgave him. He beat me again, and again, and again.
      Their MO is always the same. Anger issues don't just
      go away. I learned that a man who has never really loved
      his mother can never love or respect a woman.
      I have a PHD in Domestic Abuse.

February 22, 2012 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
    • To don't touch me

I am sorry but your PHD is blinded by your history...17 years ago my husband hit me and put me in the hospital,it took 2 years of therapy for me to forgive him and I am glad I did, he also seeked help and had it not been for my forgiveness we would not have our 2 BEAUTIFUL children and we would not be together as happily as anyone could be. Every man is differnet so it is not right to stereo-type, there is no MO that can be true to all, because no 2 people are the same, My husband and I will be married going on 26 years now and he has never laid a hand on me since that ONE time and I am sorry some may not like this but I will take my 24 years of happiness with 2 years of pain all over again knowing what I know. And by the way, he respects and loves him mom very much.

February 23, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  33. semper fi

Take note to anyone who takes a hand to a woman. Weak cowards who will repeat. Anyone who lays a hand on any of my girls, family or friends better have medical insurance.

February 21, 2012 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • don't touch me

Thank you semper fi. Real men respect women.
      We are gifts for you from God.

February 22, 2012 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  34. RodneyG76

This is just too funny. Look, no amount of years will go by that will justify what CB did, but at the same time, the man has paid his debt to society and it was 3 years ago, so to talk about something that is old and that is none of your concern is just stupid. And when you add the fact that word is that they might be seeing each other again, the only person who should have an opinion is Ri Ri. Miranda should just mind her business. Again, it doesn't make it right what he did, but at the same time, you have to stop harping on it at some point. Especailly when it appears that you're only saying to gain something out of it yourself. It happened in 2009, and it's now 2012. Rhianna has not let that stop her so maybe we should stop talking about it. And again before some idiot goes off and say something dumb in reply to this, keep in mind that I said that I don't condone what he did and never will. But let's stop harping. PLEASE!!!

February 21, 2012 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  35. Dakota

Chris Brown has NOT "paid his dues" Hes a piece of Sh!t! Does anyone else remember after he beat poor Rihannas face in, that he freaked out punched a camera guy and threw a chair at the window of TRL. This man is a pathetic disgrace of a man. He should never have been able to come back. Let alone be welcomed back.
    Pathetic

February 21, 2012 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  36. lio

SHUT UP MIRANDA!!!! If you really cared about more than promoting your music then where have you been on this topic for the last few years!

February 21, 2012 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  37. JessSayin

Chris Brown = A__wipe.
    You go girl! Any man who hits a woman isn't a man at all. Don't listen to the haters, you're beautiful and brave for standing up for abused woman everywhere.

February 21, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  38. Angel03

What we have defending Chris are women who take their men back when they get hit! Also men who are abusers! I believe Miranda stood up because neither GLENN NOR CHRIS should have been allowed on that stage..he used his skill of martial arts and his strength to beat a women..he would get different results going against a women like myself who trains mma and carries a gun..he is a coward..those defending him shame on you..I hope one day it doesn't happen to you..or your daughters.

February 21, 2012 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  39. Me

Since Rhianna admits she's into S&M, he didn't beat her...it was just foreplay.

Miranda Lambert: saw her live with George Strait, she rocked.

February 21, 2012 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  40. People dwell too much on the past

What CB did was horrible. Should it be excused? By no means. But that's a matter between him and Rihanna to resolve. What all you people are doing is constantly judging the guy as if he's the worst monster in the world. You probably are giving yourselves pats on the back for trying to express your "moral reasoning" throughout these blogs. However, realize that it's easy to say stuff about someone who shows up on the news for such a violent and horrible crime as physical abuse when we do lots of horrible things in our lives each day without even taking time to realize or notice it. We just shrug and say, I messed up, I won't do it again, and then we do it. Sure, none of us beat our spouses or anyone (hopefully not) but we lie, cheat others, manipulate people, cause drama, etc... I could keep going...

The point is, maybe you people should stop dwelling on someone else's problems and start focusing on your own. He is a monster, yes we know, but the more you spend time focusing on something he did 3 years ago the more you forget that we as a people have our own issues that we so conveniently avoid because of celebrities like Chris Brown, Kim Kardashian, etc.

February 21, 2012 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
    • RJ

I was with you until you claimed that Chris Brown is a monster... no, he's not a monster, just a guy who did a bad thing and has been trying to make up for it. If you don't want people dwelling on his actions, maybe you should stop dwelling on them yourself be continuing to judge the guy 3+ years later.

December 13, 2012 at 5:15 am | Report abuse |
  41. DeeDee

I am so glad God forgives and not Miranda Lambert, I am so glad God restores and not Miranda Lambert, I am so glad God saves and not Miranda Lambert, I am so glad Jesus saves us and only He can and not Miranda Lambert. In Jesus name, Amen.

Please remember Miranda, when you ask God to forgive you, He does. Is Chris Brown any different.

February 21, 2012 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  42. Nashville, TN

I'm so sick of hypocrite Miranda Lambert drumming up publicity for herself. I feel that this is a racist attack against Chris Brown. Now, I'm not for men beating on women. If that is the message she's trying to convey, then go for it. However, singling out one individual I think crosses a line. Why not add names to that sign. Call out other celebrities that have beaten their spouse. Rodney Atkins, a country music singer was recently arrested for trying to kill his wife. He tried to smother her. If Miranda can't forgive Chris Brown for beating Rihanna, why in the world would she let her husband join Glen Campbell on stage? I do believe that he was arrested for beating his wife.

February 21, 2012 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  43. I was married to an abuser

My stomach turns when I even hear Chris Brown mentioned then I was suppose to watch him at the Grammy's...i don't think so. :/
    I muted the tv and walked out till the coast was clear.

I get the point some of you are making > about Glen Campbell having done the same < but we never saw pictures of what the abused person looked like but we did see Rhianna's beaten face. It just made it more real and horrific. He lost control. He's lucky he stopped before he killed her.

February 21, 2012 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  44. Sly Sadie

He's such an obnoxious, ugly little punk...

...but did you ever see his naked pics?! :O

I'd LOVE to ride that big, Brown Pony-Bony!

February 21, 2012 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
    • I was married to an abuser

He wouldn't be looking to please you (so u wouldn't be doing much riding).
      More like, 'you B. Suck on this or I'll kick your sorry a$$.'. I'm Chris Brown and you lucky I'm letting you please me'.

February 21, 2012 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Sly Sadie

I would like to thank my personal troll for the his imaginative remarks. I know nothing about Chris Brown's past or present. I think everybody makes mistakes. I don't know whether he was required to get counseling or not. You would think that would be mandatory. If so, maybe he learned the lesson of never putting his hands on a woman. BUT USUALLY, once a beater, always a beater. I could never trust him. Only he can prove himself. Time will tell by his actions.

February 21, 2012 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  45. Coolbreeze

I applaud Chris Brown for taking matters into his own hands when it comes to his women... or at least the back of his hands.

February 21, 2012 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  46. danni30

I find it interesting how people ridiculed rhianna about the man down video but miranda threatened him to watch is back with a song she wrote about violence towards men. why are people applauding her where is her ridicule? at least rhianna's song her character realized what she'd done in the song. what gives her the right to judge anyone? He made a mistake and he is trying to move forward. I am not makeing excues for what he had done but she is not GOD almighty. the faster people realize it the better of the world would be.

February 21, 2012 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  47. Alyssa

doesn't matter how long it happened, beating up a woman is never okay and to me, will never be forgiven. Despite the fact that I detest Chris, Miranda scores in this one.

February 21, 2012 at 6:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Danni30

really? Miranda scores on that one? he made a mistake and is trying to make things right with rhianna and move on with his life. what he did was henious but i think he knows its not right and he has paid dearly. Jail would not be the place for someone like him because you can hit him where it hurts. His career!! so how dare people judge when someone wants to correct a mistake. If he didnt learn from it that is one thing. here is a quote for you. "you cannot detest violence and then cheer for it" -Danni30-

February 21, 2012 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  48. El Gato

Um, here is the problem. A shotgun is a deadly and lethal weapon. The law limits self-defense to equal force. Using a shotgun against an unarmed assailant, man or woman, is not justifiable homicide with the possible exception of home invasion within some States that have the "Make My Day" law.

Advocating the use of a deadly weapon to threaten an innocent and unarmed person is beyond irresponsible and in this instance seems to fit the requirements of that which is prosecutable. Chris Brown has indeed paid the penalty for his crime and debt to society in the eyes of the law and justice. He has not since recidivated (reoffended) and can not be retried (autrefois convict) for this offense. These facts make him undeniably free and judicially innocent of any subsequent charges notwithstanding his prior judgment.

Therefore to suggest even indirectly that Mr. Brown should be associated with and/or subjected to this type of vengeful behavior which is given with a potentially homicidal (actus rea) threat (mens rea) suggestively made against an innocent and unarmed man is legally questionable behavior.

There is currently a case within the United States Justice system of a wife shooting and killing her abusive husband, she is being tried for murder. The difference is that in this case the man was allegedly armed. The woman is however still being charged with murder as the weapon was not in the mans possession at the time the woman shot and killed him.

By associating Chris Brown to the lyrics of this song (Gunpowder and Lead), advocating violence along with potential homicide, publishing such a message via (Lamberts) twitter account and using a public event to propagate the message and its cause, what Lambert has done could technically be construed as "defamation per se." Freedom of speech ends at the threat of bodily harm to another person, and in this case the other person is an American citizen, Chris Brown.

So, if your daddy taught you that using a deadly weapon against an unarmed individual as a means of self-defense is permissible, I am sorry to tell you, the court will see it far differently. You will be charged with felony homicide and/or attempted murder. I believe that said advocating by Lambert in both print and in a public venue of such homicidal violence is contrary to what is legally permitted and morally acceptable in society today.

February 21, 2012 at 4:47 am | Report abuse |
  49. Sally

SOOOOOOO Sick of Miranda Lambert she's rude and stuck on her self and yes I have met her and she is has no room to be judgeing anyone. She slept with a frikin married man!!!! How about she worries about her own life instead of talking sbout everyone else's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 21, 2012 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
  50. Meka n Fl

Young ladies, please heed this advice from a homewrecking adulterer whose husband sings on stage with a 30 year woman beater...but he's (Campbell) ok with her because he has alzheimers and "looks" like her I assume...Maybe she should hold up a sign and look in the mirror. People in glass houses should not cast stones.

February 21, 2012 at 4:06 am | Report abuse |
  51. RUentertained

Maybe while her daddy was teaching her to use a shotgun, he should have been teaching her to forgive others and love thy neighbor? What is she doing? Condoning violence? What a hypocrite. The answer to domestic violence isn't to go murdering the abuser–it's to create a safe place for the victim while the abuser answer for their crimes and gets professional help.

Great lesson there for all your fans, Miranda: remember kids, if someone does something bad to you, you should respond mercilessly and violently. Because we should all be taking our moral cues from celebrities. /sarcasm

Chris Brown didn't abuse Miranda Lambert. He abused Rhianna. She forgave him. He took his punishment from the legal system and also sought professional help. So why do people continue to bring this up? If anything's still getting beat around here it's a dead horse.

February 21, 2012 at 3:28 am | Report abuse |
  52. LAB

Send him a pair of
    Python cowboy boots Miranda,he might let you saddle up lol.

February 21, 2012 at 3:15 am | Report abuse |
  53. am_badass_a_dor

OMG WHY DO YOU PEOPLE CARE? You guys crack me up

February 21, 2012 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  54. kramer

Cuz kramer be keepn it real dogz...u hearing me ? Shonuff....DONT BE HATING DA MAN WHOZE KEEPN IT REAL...chris is just a yung bobbie brown...snort that money up ur nose homes...pick up dat phone and dial a ho....only way ur gittin any iz to pay for it lil chris

February 21, 2012 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
  55. kramer

Chris clown sings like someone who has the runs....farting and pooping and funking up the entire building...both sound the same.....lmao

February 21, 2012 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  56. sabinabarnes

For all those with out sin,. Please throw the first. Stone.

February 21, 2012 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  57. Cinthia

Coming from a womens perspective I can say this kind of thing is a bit hypocritical from this womens point, if youre going to blast all women beaters then do ALL or do none. The fact that Chris beat Rih is nothing to "get over" because its an issue that concerns the nation and by this I mean the action not the artist themselves. I think the whole Chris/Rih thing is OLD the the people should be let live...we all make mistakes... YES WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES. If you were in the spot light and someone held over your head for a decade youd find it ridiculous too...he is paying more than any of you, me included have an idea I am sure.
    Miranda made a poor choice by blasting another artist but I am sure in time she will learn... and the over weight comment was uncalled for.... singers are singers not models...they dont have to uphold any weight regulations...thats why this nation is full of sick people.

February 20, 2012 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jota

"we all make mistakes... YES WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES."

Forgetting to buy a loaf of bread at the store is a mistake. Running the red light is a mistake. Losing your temper and yelling once is a mistake. Beating your girlfriend to the point of hospitalization and being an unrepentant turd about it after the fact is also a mistake, I suppose, but not one people are obligated to forgive and forget about. I don't blame a single person who holds it against Chris Brown, and anyone trying to leverage some kind of moral high ground against Miranda Lambert needs to rethink their position.

February 21, 2012 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  58. Tweety

Miranda's family took in vitcims and their children when she was going up. The children stayed in her room, so she saw first hand what this does. I enjoyed Chris Brown's music but I have not brought any of his music since. I believe in forgiveness. But also also believe in forgive but never forget. Maybe you should not always think someone is racist just because they do not like someone's behavior.

February 20, 2012 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sally

And that makes it ok for her to judge someone! He got help should he be punished for the rest of his life. In that case she should be punished for sleeping with a married man!!! Everyone makes mistakes and everyone desrves forgivness at least once! She sure didn't seem to have a problem with Glenn Campbell!

February 21, 2012 at 4:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Tweety

Adultery is not a crime, sinful yes but your local enforcement will not book you on it. Beating someone is crime because it can land you in the hospital or kill in a lot of cases. I am sure if someone beats the crap out of you, you would not be so for forgiving. Just make sure your not so forgivining that you would allow that same behavior in your life. All my male relatives know that I would never take their side if they were to beat woman and that may be why they do not do it. A lot girls think being pulled, pushed and then maybe hit is love. Some men think they own women and that they should be able to do anything and a girl should take it. And based on her photo he beat her like a dude and their where other times when he went into a rage after the beating That type of angry does not go away it just goes dormant until the wrong or right problem. Based on his tweets his angry problems are not solved.

February 21, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  59. jim

look this jerk beat her ass and needs to be reminded of it for the the rest of his life, and if he has a problom with what Miranda has said or done to him, tell him to tale it up with 6'6 240 blake shelton! And if an aligator gats close to me I will kill it and where it on my feet as well.

February 20, 2012 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cinthia

*facepalm* I hope youre not an alligator in your next life.
      I find animal abuse so, how to say it... grotesque?
      I was in an abusive family, my dad used to beat my mother up...I saw it all happen and I dont need to remind my dad how terrible he was...I am sure it eats him up inside now he is all alone with no one to care for him....sometimes nothing is more punishment than everything

February 20, 2012 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  60. justice

shame on you miranda for casting stones at chris brown when your fat ass is a home wrecker who knowingly went after a married man. the situation is old and between rhianna and chris brown PERIOD. no one is perfect and without fault

February 20, 2012 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cinthia

Couldnt agree more with this!

February 20, 2012 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jota

Good god. No, no one is perfect. That means beating one's girlfriend is a perfectly normal behavior that we must all forget after a few years. That's completely absurd. If Chris Brown showed more humility and contriteness, that'd be one thing. But he seems to think all he has to say about the matter is that he won a grammy, so f..k off. Classy, dude. Classy.

And it's not remotely on the same plane as one's romantic travails. A man who beats woman has absolutely no moral high ground over someone who falls in love with a married person.

February 21, 2012 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  61. Sokman

Miranda is hotter than a branding iron.

February 20, 2012 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Mona

While I think it's great that Miranda Lambert is sticking to her guns about her opinion on Chris Brown, there's kind of a double-standard going on hear. I don't seem to remember her bashing the appearance of Glen Campbell, a man who beat his wife and was actually celebrated during the Grammy's for his contributions to country music. I don't think it should matter how big of a star you are in Hollywood; Any man who beats a woman are all the same. You bash one then bash them all, not just the ones of your choosing. This is just my opinion.

February 20, 2012 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mona

Oops! I meant *here...

February 20, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cinthia

I agree and this is exactly why I feel this video alone puts her to shame...if she had stood her ground and not given that other man a standing ovation or mentioned him in this very video then Id think "she is sticking to her guns through and through" but it feels to me she did this with the intention of getting the medias attention, its not very honorable.

February 20, 2012 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Ms. V

DO TELL...MIRANDA LAMBERT IS A "HOME-WRECKER?" OMG, IS SHE GONNA BE LABELED A "HOME-WRECKER" FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE? OH MY, GOD FORBID!

February 20, 2012 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Marrod

Oh Miranda shut up! What about when you had an affair with Blake when he was still married. You weren't too concerned about hurting someone else there, right. Shut up girl you are not any better than he is. You've made a fool of yourself.

February 20, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cinthia

I officially wish there was a like button for comments like this.

February 20, 2012 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Name*mammajamma

Miranda,puh-leeze! Well ain't this calling the kettle black! You're talking about not only killing animals but people as well! You're a judgemental, immoral, home-wrecking bltch! What if nobody buys your violent records because you cheated with your wimp of a boyfriend and broke up a home?Huh? And remember if he cheats With you, he'll cheat On you... wait for it, you slimy S/UT!

February 20, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  66. .•|•.

He was a teen when he beat her up?

February 20, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Slapnutz

Chris Brown is a punk a$$ little b!$ch. A real tough guy. Not!

February 20, 2012 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • FRATboy007

but you must be really tough, throwing insults from your computer. LOL

February 20, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  68. tasha

Lambert who?

February 20, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Mindy

So let me get this straight, no matter what if someone Fs up once they might as well just be burned at the stake cuz they aren't worth air? Did Chris F up huge? Duh. Was what he did reprehensible? Duh. Do people change and feel remorse for things they have done? Duh. Are any of you Christians? Obviously not because if so you would realize it isn't your place to judge him. Since then he blew up at a morning talk show. No one knows why but they people who were there so if you weren't there you don't know what really went down.

Leave him alone. Leave Rhianna alone. They have both split up and moved on. Karrauche hasn't said anything about him beating on her nor have I seen her running around with black eyes or big glasses. But I bet none of you give a damn about Michael Vick being a horrible excuse for a person but still getting to play in the NFL. Hypocrites, the lot of you.

February 20, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vicki

Wrong... I am really p*ssed that Vick was allowed back into the NFL. It just sends the message that no matter what you do you can come back. I feel if you break the law, do time, you should be banned from sports of any kind. As far as Chris Brown, I have no comment because I have no clue who he is or what this is all about. I don't watch awards shows. PEACE :)

February 21, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Ms. V

LET'S CONTINUE TO CALL MIRANDA LAMBERT A RACIST WHO HATES BLACK MEN FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE AND SEE HOW SHE LIKES THAT!

February 20, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  71. :-) :-( :-) :-(

Chris you made a mistake when you were a teenager and paid for it, Live your life and dont pay attention to the haters.

February 20, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  72. tasha

Chris gets dogg out Rhianna gets da glory n all kinds of contracts not rite she hit him first then wen he tore into her ass err body wnts 2 get mad it goes both ways they both shud of gotten da same treatment. They say a men is not suppose 2 hit a women well a women is not suppose 2 hit a man. Rite is rite were suppose 2 b equal then we shud b treatd that way

February 20, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Lanfear

If more women hit the gym and weren't scared to throw heavy weights around, they could physically fight back. Unfortunately old stereotypes of the "man" being in charge will never change... unless we do something about it! And that's all from me for tonight folks. Good riddance, and good luck to Chris Brown. He is mentally ill, and needs help, not hate.

February 20, 2012 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • JUGGERNAUT

LMAO....he is mentally ill, because he fought with a girl when he was a teenager???? dude, you are mentally ill :-)

February 20, 2012 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Sue

Miranda has guts – more than many others in Hollywood, Chris Brown is waste he is just angry a strong woman put him in his place!

February 20, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • JUGGERNAUT

LOL....put him in his place how?? by spouting some nonsense?? i doubt Chris brown even saw the article, LOL

February 20, 2012 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lanfear

Read the whole article folks. Chris Brown already responded with well wishes and encouraged people to pick up her album. Sorry Sue, you can assume and hope he'll have yet another anger moment over this... or you can face the facts... that he showed class despite Miranda being a judge-mental twit.

February 20, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Asha

Who is this Miranda person I am assuming she is a singer, what does she sing?

February 20, 2012 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Amy

WHAT CHRIS BROWN DID WAS WRONG BUT USING HIM AS AN EXAMPLE TO GAIN YOUR OWN PUBLICITY IS PRETTY LAME IF YOU ASK ME!!

February 20, 2012 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  77. ben

what do you tell a woman with two black eyes?

February 20, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Asha

Who is Miranda? And when this incident occurred they were teenagers, the ones who oppose so much must don't think people can grow up and change. None of us were there so don't pass judgement on what occurred that night. Besides on the picture it just look like she didn't have any make-up on and that her lips were dry. It did't look like a beating to me, if you go by the pictures. Oh well life goes on!

February 20, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  79. PumpNDump

Miranda Lambert is Fat and a cheater. Maybe she should learn to keep her yap shut. Lol

February 20, 2012 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Jay

miranda, get off Chris' sack.

February 20, 2012 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  81. shane

Guys remember you dont hit a woman .. but you do take her to court and distroy her financially and then take your kids away and make her pay child support for ever... that feels better than a hit for all those momments of mental abuse she made you go through.... but dont hit her...

February 20, 2012 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  82. mulungo

so in america women can beat you first and you do nothing because you're the man?

February 20, 2012 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • caramiamy

Yes. A real man will walk away and never hit a woman.

That said, of course no one, man or woman, should physically attack the other. It's all about channeling anger and frustration. If you can't control yourself then leave the situation until you cool off.

This behavior begins as a child, by the way. If a parent hits a child because they misbehaved they are actually teaching that child to hit when someone in their life doesn't behave how they want. It's a vicious circle.

February 21, 2012 at 5:53 am | Report abuse |
  83. JUGGERNAUT

CHARLIE SHEEN, NICOLAS CAGE, THE HUFF AND ETC... ALL WERE ABUSIVE TO WERE SPOUSES/GIRLFRIENDS. SOMETIME I DOD BELIEVE THE FOCUS ON CHRIS BROWN IS RACIALLY MOTIVATED.

NOT AS MANY COVERAGE WERE DONE ON THOSE MAN.

THE WORST WAS SENATOR SCOTT BUNDGAARD WHO WAS FIGHTING WIS HIS GIRLFRIEND AND THAT WAS ON THE NEWS FOR LIKE A FEW HOURS.

February 20, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • XxMacleodxX

he was on no drugs (still no excuse) and pretty much it was attempted murder...not an assault....a punch in the face = assault biting, scratching, punching, slamming their head into the dash and then trying to eject them from a moving car = attempted murder

February 20, 2012 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lanfear

No it is not racially motivated, lol, such suggestions are the reason why racism is still alive and well. Most people bashing Chris Brown are on Rihannas side, yet they're both black, so what does that tell you?
      I think it's because he's young and face it, good looking.

February 20, 2012 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • JUGGERNAUT

@Lanfear

racism is still alive because there are lot of racist people. You can read the CNN blog anytime they mention a black guy to see the racist comment.

like i said, the hate toward Chris is because he is black....at least that play a big part.

February 20, 2012 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • JUGGERNAUT

@XxMacleodxX

dude there is no mention of any "attempt murder", stop your lies.

February 20, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Asha

Don't forget Jean Claude Van Dam, Mel Gibson, well hell Robert Blakely was accused of killing his wife, and there was no backlash.

February 20, 2012 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lanfear

I never said there were no racists out there. Besides, most of those people in the comments are trolls looking for a reaction, not true racists. Are you the type to take them seriously and feed them with your replies? I hope you know better than to waste your time!

February 20, 2012 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lanfear

There was much backlash with mel gibson, but it was quickly forgotten. Face it, he's not young and good looking!

February 20, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • JUGGERNAUT

@Lanfear

they are not troll, they are just racist people expressing their true feeling thanks to the anonymous nature of the net.

Now...please come on, the backlash with MEL lasted for like a few months, while we are still talking about Chris brown, 3 years later.

February 20, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lanfear

Well if that's what you want to believe then so be it, I'm in no place to argue with the ignorant. But you are correct though, why are we still talking about chris brown, and why did the backlash not last as long with mel? I believe it's due to appearances, that's just me.

February 20, 2012 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • JUGGERNAUT

@Lanfear

nah....you are the ignorant one and it is not what i chose to believe it is what i see. Even recently in Indiana the Klan had a rally. so dont give me your BS, you put your head if the sand if you want to.

this has nothing to do with "good looks" it has to do with his race.

February 20, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  84. XxMacleodxX

Chris is a snot nosed little b!tch .....you are a coward and lack the balls to fight a real man......hopefully you get curbed stomped by a herd of @ss raping donkeys.....

February 20, 2012 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Anthony Daniel

Right On Miranda Lambert !!! Well said!! :-)

February 20, 2012 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Ms. V

Who died and made all of you so self-righteous? Most Black women know that if you don't want to get hurt, "DO NOT" hit a Black man – RIHANNA MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE OF THROWING THE FIRST PUNCH. NEVER POKE A TIGER!!

MY GOD, ALL YOU THAT ARE WITHOUT SIN, PLEASE THROW THE FIRST STONE...NO? OK, THEN – FORGIVE AND FORGET AND MOVE ON...RIHANNA HAS!

February 20, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  87. ccziny

The only person who has the right to be holding signs up and calling Chris Brown out is Rihanna... But she is classy and has moved on. Miranda Lambert is being extra and needs to understand that Chris had a Dynamite Album last year & deserved his award. If the Grammy's were about Morality and Strong Character then loads of people wouldn't be walking across that stage... Including Ms. Lambert.

February 20, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • give it a rest

For the record I hate whagt Chris Brown did...But a fact is he and RIhanna have NEVER stopped seeing each other and are still an item ... At parties and social events .......celebs have to signa Non disclosure that they saw him together.
      So Rihanna is the bigger embarrassment that she is setting a bad example for all women.

February 20, 2012 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  88. ALP

Miranda is a big joke!!! She is trying to sell C.D.'s... She loved Glen Campbell's performance!! Interesting.. I guess she forgives what he did.. Jelousy will get you no where Miranda.. Shut up and try to sing!!!

February 20, 2012 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  89. maria

Miranda don't waste your time with this woman beater-ghetto not class sissy! you are giving him power you are a lady he is a not-rich nobody ,remember "you can take the kid form the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto from the kid"

February 20, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  90. ANDREA

AT THE END OF THE DAY CHRIS BROWN WAS WRONG FOR WHAT HE DID NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT BUT ALSO ON THE SAME TOKEN HOW DO PEOPLE EVEN ALLOW THEIRSELVES TO SUPPORT PEOPLE LIKE CHARLIE SHEEN AND ALL THE OTHER FAMOUS MEN THAT HAVE BEAT UP ON THEIR WOMEN.LETS NOT ACT LIKE CHRIS BROWN IS DRIVING THE WAGON OF MEN BEATING WOMEN. SHE HAS TOO MUCH TOO SAY WAY AFTER THE FACT WHERE WAS SHE FOR EVERY INCIDENT OF CHARLIE SHEEN BEATING UP ON HIS WIVES WHO KNOW BUT LETS NOT TRY TO PUT CHRIS BROWN ON THE CROSS WHAT IS HE SUPPOSED TO NEVER HAVE A CAREER AGAIN FOR A PRIVATE MISTAKE THAT HAPPENED BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE YEARS AGO GET REAL MIRANDA LAMBERT

February 20, 2012 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • JUGGERNAUT

February 20, 2012 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Down With Miranda

I don't know what happened between Chris Brown and Rihanna that led to physical violence. But I do know that if Miranda Lambert ever got punched in the face, it is totally justified. If you screw around with a married man, expect to get biatch-slapped.

December 1, 2012 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  91. JR

Celebs hiding behind their keyboards #lame.

February 20, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  92. carol castro

Miranda Dear: In the first place it is none of your f-–ing business what happend between Rihanna and Chris. You need to just make sure that Blake doesn"t kick your ass. As my mother would say, you never know what will happen to you in this life or who you will need. Who made you judge and jury? I don't think I like you anymore, you are not a nice person!

February 20, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Tdids723

No your right MomO..all worthwhile intelligent discussion here. LOL.

February 20, 2012 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  94. lindjay

Way to go Miranda! Finally the voice of reason! Why on earth was Chris Brown let back into the industry (imagine me saying this while my voice electronically drags as a result of some sound guy in a studio). The people behind the Grammys should also be strung up! You're rewarding this guy, for what? Hiring a good publicist. Unbelievable how quickly Americans forget. The people on here saying enough time has passed are obviously lacking common sense. Speaking of common sense, I heard that Rhianna is thinking of doing a song with him. Good way to sink your own career. Unbelievable!

February 20, 2012 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ruth

Rhianna did two songs with Chris Brown and has been seeing him for the last year. This is purely racial, how many white man have beat up their girlfriends, wives and nothing is done about. The law already handled this case and the person who was affected the most by Chris Brown's actions has forgiven him and moved on. It is time for everyone else to move on. Miranda Lambert broke up a family so she has no moral ground to stand on and preach to anyone. She basically made a threat against Chris Brown but i guess that is ok.

February 21, 2012 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Down With Miranda

If Rihanna can forgive Chris Brown then why are you still so riled up? You wonder why Chris Brown's career didn't get flushed down the toilet but don't you think Blake Shelton's ex-wife is a real victim? She has to watch Blake Shelton and nasty Miranda Lambert parade around on stage like they're saints. If you're going to judge, at least be fair about it. I sense outright racism from you. Why should people of color go down in flames but white folks get to reinvent themselves? There's plenty of white celebrities that have committed worse acts but nobody is saying it's the end of their careers.

December 1, 2012 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Pearl

she just wants to screw him.....

February 20, 2012 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Red J

I'm thinking the same thing,if she could get with Brown without anybody finding out about it she would wear him out.

February 21, 2012 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  96. Matias

Didn't charlie sheen like beat the hell out a lot of his wives and girlfriends? He's still famous. Is he more forgivible because he's some how adorable or his poo smells like wild flowers? No? Is because he's a white american middle aged upper class male that can pay people to look the other way? Yep.

February 20, 2012 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  97. jez

Right on Miranda!! - I'm black and I LOVE your song! My daddy taught me that it was wrong for a man to hit a woman too! Chris-Loser-Brown stinks!

February 20, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Tdids723

I am so sorry I took the time to read the comments on this board. Thank you all for making my brain cells die off en mass. Stay in school kids, and keep your hands to yourself.

February 20, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  99. neguys

i must admit – Chris Brown's music is pretty horrible

February 20, 2012 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Colossus

Doubt he cares about your opinion.

February 20, 2012 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • carol castro

Sorry, but Chris Brown is very talented he can sing and dance people forgive others for all kinds of things and he deserves the same forgiveness. If Rihanna forgave him what the H is your problem, get a life!!

February 20, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  100. kramer

The only reason chris was sorry in the beginning is his generic ass music was selling and he couldnt even book a show......

February 20, 2012 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  101. kramer

You dudes who are defending chris probably beat women urself....you have no balls ur just puzzies like he is...

February 20, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan

Whatever ever keyboard cowboy, hiding behind your computer. Go back to your closet.

February 20, 2012 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Jerzy

Klaps great job pointing that out.

February 20, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Just Saying

I am totally against any man putting their hands on any woman. No matter the situation. The thing that bothers me is that there are so many other stars who are abusing their girlfriend's, yet they won't let Chris Brown live in peace. It happened years ago. Leave them alone. Hell, if it were anyone else, no one would be talking but since they are in the spot light no one can seem to let it go. Point blank period, Miranda was wrong to call him out like that. So now I'm sure he is going to fire back if he hasn't already and she go be mad. And as far as the whole thing on the morning show, too bad. He was there to promote his CD but they were too busy trying to find out more info on the whole deal with Rihanna. From what I understand, it was discussed before the interview that that would not be discussed. Hell, I'd be mad as hell too if people kept bringing it up. Let him live!!!!!

February 20, 2012 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lanfear

Agreed, people act like they have never made a mistake in their lives and have too easy of a time calling Chris a wife beater. I wonder what kind of creative labels we could come up with for some of these haters... bltch and sIut to start?

February 20, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • caramiamy

Chris Brown's team attempted to bully the producers to control interview questions which is absolutely not going to happen on that show or any morning news program. If you're booked as a guest your are going to have to deal with any question thrown at you. He could have answered the questions in a professional manner but his uncontrollable anger took over. It is clear he has a problem.

It's also clear that Miranda is not the only person disgusted that Chris Brown was booked as a performer. It took a lot of guts for her to speak out against the organizers of the Grammy's – she herself is risking being blacklisted from performing on or winning future grammy's. Keep in mind it was on the way to the Grammy's that the infamous beating occurred. They are associated. And, keep in mind any woman who was ever attacked in that way (or any family member, friend of such a woman) watching the show was also disgusted.

Being a fan of Chris Brown's music and live show's is one thing...but making excuses for his behavior (which is not just in the past btw) is immature and just plain wrong. No one gets a free pass when it comes to purposefully injuring another human being with no remorse. Chris has shown repeatedly that he's only sorry for the bad press, not for what he did. He has yet to take full responsibility (had the perfect opportunity on The Today Show but instead had a temper tantrum).

February 20, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lanfear

caramiamy, I am a female who has been attacked, slapped and kicked while down by a very ex boyfriend. I'm still with Chris Brown on this one. I don't think people are so much making excuses for his behavior, as they are giving him the benefit of the doubt.

February 20, 2012 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • MoMo

@ben

funny that you try to lecture him by doing the same thing.

February 20, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  104. RusTnuts

She better be careful...chris will bwitch slap the smirk off her face too.

February 20, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Lanfear

Who??? I guess someone is using the name Chris Brown to get publicity for herself, lol.

"beating up on a woman is never OK. So that's why my daddy taught me early on in life how to use a shotgun."

But I guess it's OK to shoot people? Don't shoot yourself in the foot by accident, you twit.
    Maybe your "daddy" should have taught you to stay away from people like that. You don't fight violence with more violence.

February 20, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katarina Sheldon

you fight violence with self defense goof-ball and if that includes a shotgun then so be it. domestic violence is a huge issue in this country. chris brown is one of many who get their kicks from hitting others, especially the defenseless. Self defense is not violence and in fact is supported around this nation by every law enforcement group in the nation. So, I hope mr. brown has learned his lesson – otherwise, should he take his anger out on another woman – I pray that woman is capable of defending herself and stopping mr. brown from ever hurting again. BANG.

February 21, 2012 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Melisa

I am a MIranda Lambert fan.......but damn. When will Chris Brown ever live this down?? It happened in 2009 for crying out loud. If you don't like him, there is a simple solution. Don't listen to him. Duh.

February 20, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  107. beth

Miranda Lambert and her wimpy little hubby the UN-talented Blake Shelton hide behind guns and kill animals for fun. They both make me sick. Let's all boycott their music on behalf of all the dead wildlife they have killed. Nature will retaliate and I think it already is because their popularity is fading. They are both BORING and UN-appealing.

February 20, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lanfear

I don't like the broad but you are ignorant if you think that hunters kill animals for "fun". The animals they kill are treated far more humanely than the ones on your plate every day, and at least they live a full, natural life out in the wild before their lives are taken. Anti-hunters are the biggest hypocrites of them all. How does it feel?

February 20, 2012 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shut Up Miranda

Plenty of hunters hunt for sport, which is considered "fun."

And before you open your big ignorant trap, I'm a vegan, have been for years.

February 20, 2012 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lanfear

Those are called poachers, a far cry from being a real hunter.

February 20, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lanfear

Nice try though, "vegan". I think your lack of protein is affecting the way you think.

February 20, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

HaHa nice Lanfear, so true!

February 20, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Down With Miranda

I have never listened to a Miranda Lambert or Blake Shelton song. If I have, it's only because it was unintentional and I had no control to shut it off. I'm not defending Chris Brown but I do think it's silly when celebrities throw rocks at others (make open judgments) since they all live in glass houses. They should shut their pie hole and just worry about crafting their art.

December 1, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Rick Santromnich

Chris Brown is better at being the butt of jokes than being a musical "artist."

February 20, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • FRATboy007

well....the butt of the joke is making a better living than you.

February 20, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nichole

There are many people that kill millions and exploit millions of others to become rich. I guess we should look up to them too? I guess slavery was a wonderful thing according to you. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you're making money. You're messed up along with anyone else on here that comments that he's making money so it's all good. There is nothing wonderful about this guy.

February 20, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marrod

Chris Brown can care less what people say about him. He has God in his life and it shows. Its funny how Rihanna is over it but nobody else is. Live and let live people. Chris is laughing all the way to the bank.

February 20, 2012 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katarina Sheldon

you're right rick – and it really doesn't matter how much money this guy makes or the next guy that does something stupid. Hell look at whitney – where did all the money get her? So what if these famed and fortune folks are raking in the dollars – for the most part their lives are whacked as they have no privacy, everything they do is under a magnifying glass – and unfortunately for this kid/man – he really screwed up. Miranda has a point – someone else with a weapon would have ended Mr. Brown's career and his life. Not sure where Rhianna's parents were – but had that happened to me, my father would have served time for assault as Mr. Brown would have met my daddy and it wouldn't have been pretty. Too bad no one took up for Rhianna against her attacker.

February 21, 2012 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Colossus

ALL THE HATERS ONLY MAKE HIM STRONGER....LMAO

GO ON CHRIS BROWN, KEEP ON MAKING THOSE MILLIONS, LOL

February 20, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katarina Sheldon

he will never be looked at again for his millions, or his talent by most people. he will be known for domestic violence. it will follow him "all the days of his life." We can forgive – sure we can. Many may forget – but doubtful. He's shown his anger far too many times – and has labeled himself. He needs to rebrand and start over. As for Miranda – she really needs to stop the judging...she's got better things to do. The interesting thing here folks is that this is an issue about two people who obviously don't like each other – one pointing fingers and the other throwing words. No one wins. In fact, I think they are both immature brats and suggest they move on. I wish Chris the best – but know the road ahead will be difficult for him. He made the bed...now he is definitely laying in it.

February 21, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  110. blacknote

There's a bigger war she should be waging here and that's against women like Rihanna, Lil' Kim, NIcki Minaj etc. that attract losers like Chris Brown. These women openly exploit themselves and made it clear that they are willing to be abused just to climb the ladder of "success".

February 20, 2012 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • MoMo

LMAO....YOU ONLY NAME BLACK WOMEN, WHEN THE WOMEN WHO DATED CHARLIE SHEEN, DAVID HASSELHOF, NICOLAS CAGE AND ETC... SUFFER THE SAME FATE.

EVERY TIME ON THE NEWS WE HEAR ABOUT SOME WHITE GUY WHO KILLED HIS WHOLE FAMILY THEN HIMSELF.

SO STOP BEING A RACIST AND ONLY NAMING BLACK WOMEN.

February 20, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  111. James

Not that I would ever condone hitting a woman but I guarantee Rihanna wasn't innocent in that little incident a few years ago. It was most likely mutual combat but any guy should know that they are generally physically stronger that most women and should restrain themselves from lashing out. There are just as many nuts women out there as Melissa Lambert is proving and the law is generally on their side.

February 20, 2012 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  112. kramer

Once a thug always a thug..A lowlife who beats women will always resort to beating a woman...Chris is a wimp and a coward...He thinks because he can hold a tune all is forgiven...it isnt. He is a poser...no originality...He wouldnt last a minute in the ring with me...one day he will hit the wrong woman and he will get beat down by real men and not his lame posse that protects him...he is a loser and certainly no role model...fk him

February 20, 2012 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

You don't exactly seem all that stable yourself threatening violence with more violence.

February 20, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lanfear

I'm pretty sure kramer hated Chris Brown before the beating incident, he's probably glad he was charged with assault, now he can justify his hate instead of suffering silently!

February 20, 2012 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Jeanne

Thank you Miranda. Thank you for your courage to stand up for what is right. What I don't understand is why anyone would think him and his actions are the least bit acceptable.

February 20, 2012 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Coolbreeze

Chris who? Honey, we've already forgotten you. Rhianna? who's that? @ black rat: you truly are in need of some electroshock therapy!

February 20, 2012 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  115. DERRICK

CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE CONTINUE TO EMBRACE THAT WOMAN BEATER. ANY MAN WHO HITS A WOMAN IS A PUNK!!!

February 20, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Torri

Derrick, Chris Brown has since, done all he was ordered to do, do we not forgive, or believe people can be re-habilated? Did you ever think maybe he was never taught how to control his anger? You really need to understand where a person comes from, and even then, who are we to judge. Why dont we teach and be examples instead. It's easy to point fingers and talk about people, but if each one us taught each other to be a better person, dont you think we would be a better nation?

February 20, 2012 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • dzerres

In answer to Tori: in a word, "no". You don't forgive and forget this kind of stuff. My stepfather apologized for 30 years of wife beating each time claiming it was the last. It shouldn't be a death sentence obviously but to give this clown awards and give him more TV exposure is a crime in itself.

February 20, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  116. pmn

oh come on...he deserved it! Hey if you know you are out of control and you are famous...you should be able to take the publicity stabs. He will never live it down until he scoots out of fame.He made a choice to take his fist and beat up a woman.

February 20, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Black Rat

She is just using chris brown name for more publicity if he was`nt rich she would`nt even give a rats a$$ oh and dont forget him being black, CHRIS BROWN 4 LIFE!! Keep getting paid CB

February 20, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norma

It's so ridiculous... hahahahah Miranda Lambert needs MORE publicity??? by naming Chris Brown???? OMG

February 20, 2012 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shut Up Miranda

I hope she never makes a mistake in her life. DUI, affair, whatever....this will come back to bite her in the ass HARD. It was three years ago, and as far as we know, he has abided by his sentence and not offended again. It's really none of her business, and as others have pointed out, she's supported some fellow WHITE COUNTRY singers who have a much longer history of abuse.

February 20, 2012 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jota

"I didn't know who she was until this episode, and I'm a 40-something white woman, so yeah, it's possible she did need a little more publicity."

Yes, because your sample size of one person is an accurate measure of popularity. I don't think Miranda Lambert holding up a sign at a concert will do much, and she doesn't really need much publicity. She's had three platinum albums, and it's likely her fourth will go platinum as well.

February 21, 2012 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
    • nita

SHOCKER......you're a 40 something white woman that doesn't know Miranda. That's funny because you just know her audience is just completely full of 40 something year olds.
      Compare their songs ON THE CHARTS and see who has more hit records. That's right Miranda.

February 21, 2012 at 6:29 am | Report abuse |
  118. kzearley

once a woman beater always a woman beater.. he even proved he still has anger management issues on one of the morning shows when he threw a chair out of the window...

February 20, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • rag

I agree...I can't believe that people would want to forgive what that animal did. Good for Lambert!

February 20, 2012 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lanfear

And you are going to judge someone for having anger issues? Heaven forbid you ever have a friend of family member, or even a child with anxiety or depression. They're in the exact same category. Don't judge people with mental issues, twit.

February 20, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Ms. V.

So, Miranda, is your shotgun less violent than getting hit in the face a few times, or more? SHUT UP AND SING!!!

February 20, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • caramiamy

You missed her point. Her Daddy taught her early on how to use the shotgun to protect herself...as in, if some idiot guy starts smacking her around she will fight back with her gun (since presumably the guy would be physically stronger). I'm actually not a fan of guns but can see her point very clearly.

Anyone on this board claiming she should "get over it" because it was 3 years ago is a total moron. Maybe murderers, rapists and other criminals should be absolved after a few years then, buy your line of thinking.

February 20, 2012 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • maria

A real man don't beat a woman if he is so macho choose another man ....yes were I came from we shot the ones who beats us .....that will e a good example for men who woman beater !

February 20, 2012 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lanfear

Yeah, try pulling out a shot-gun while being abused by someone much stronger than you are... watch how nice it turns out when he grabs the gun and turns in on yourself because you're too weak. Her father should have taught her to stay away from abusive men, not to fight them.

February 20, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • scranton

MsV being confused and stupid is no way to go through life. Hopefully you never have a boyfriend beat the crap out of you and bite your face.

February 20, 2012 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ms. V

Scranton: I'M NOT CONFUSED NOR STUPID, JUST STATING THAT SHOOTING SOMEONE IS JUST AS VIOLENT IF NOT MORE THAN A MAN HITTING A WOMAN – VIOLENCE BEGETS VIOLENCE...DUH!

NEXT TIME RIHANNA, IF YOU'RE GONNA GO FOR BAD AND HIT A BLACK MAN FIRST...RUN!!

MIRANDA LAMBERT IS JUST A RACIST AND HATE BLACK MEN - DOES GLEN CAMPBELL AND CHARLIE SHEEN RING A BELL?

February 20, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • dpgympac

Apparently her daddy taught her how to cheat and steal another woman's husband. Talk about poor morals. And letting your husband sing in praise of Glen Campbell, a noted woman beater and drunk, is hypocritical.

February 23, 2012 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  120. lalala

It seems Miranda Lambert is turning out to be a bully.

February 20, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norma

Miranda, a bully??? Did you mean maybe, Chris Brown a bully?? This guy is out of control, I don't know who had the bad idea of letting him play at the Grammys! He is a time bomb, so sick of this kind of people.

February 20, 2012 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katarina Sheldon

then what does that make boy brown?

February 21, 2012 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • LISA C

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY ANYONE CARES......RIHANNA IS STILL FRIENDS WITH HIM AND MAKING MUSIC WITH HIM.....THIS HAS NOT STOP CHRIS BROWN...INSTEAD OF WORRYING ABOUT THEM WHY DONT WE TEACH OUR CHILDREN TO BE BETTER!!!!! I FEEL SORRY FOR WOMEN WHO ARE ABUSED ERVYDAY AND CANT GET OUT...IF LAMBERT WANTS TO TAKE A STAND TELL HER TO DO IT WITH REAL WOMEN AND NOT IN THE ENTERTAIMENT INDUSTRY WHERE IT'S A JOKE....SHE JUST WANTS FANS!!!!

February 24, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  121. karma

Oh shut up miranda lambert. It was 3 yrs ago. Get over it. You overweight cow.

February 20, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rodney in Dallas

Wow! You think Miranda Lambert is overweight? That's kind of stupid. She is richer than Chris Brown will ever be.

February 20, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • klaps

Miranda's a hypocrite. She can't stand Chris Brown yet she gives Glenn Campbell (who beat his gf Tanya Tucker at the time years ago) a standing ovation. He also performed on the stage Grammy night.

February 20, 2012 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • miss tang

I was thinking that what the girl needs is more forehead – bahahahaHAHAHAHA.

February 20, 2012 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • JUGGERNAUT

@Rodney in Dallas

richer but to what extent??? anything 20 millions could buy, 10 millions could buy the same thing.

So...chris brown is rich and i dont think he cares how much she makes.

February 20, 2012 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • AJ

Wow smh on this one. Why is she bringing this up? She could have said something 3 years ago but no she waits until he gets an award. Say something about Glenn Campbell. You really need to shutup and don't go judging other people.

February 20, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shelley

Miranda Lambert, who goes out and kills alligators for kicks, passing judgment on someone else. She should take a long hard look in the mirror. She's just as cruel as Chris if not more so. She took pleasure out of killing an innocent animal that was out in the wild just trying to survive.

February 20, 2012 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lanfear

@Shelley, and you, like most other Americans, take pleasure in eating animals who are raised in horrific, unnatural, conditions, fed steroids... just so they can grow to be slaughtered and wind up at your local grocery store. But somehow it's cruel to kill an animal who's lived a long, natural, fulfilled life? I guess according to your logic, the animals stuffed into overcrowded pens for their entire lives are not so innocent huh?

February 20, 2012 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • maria

Oh really? shut up? it happen 3 years ago...whaooo!!! it not matter how long this happen still he is a beater ,seems to me that people is forgetting this little boy (not a man) hit a woman .I hope not one in your family get beat by a man!

February 20, 2012 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Common Sense

Nice Karma...you sound like a true idiot!

February 20, 2012 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • scranton

Chris Brown is a punk. Anyone that beats a woman and bites her face is a puke and always will be a puke.

February 20, 2012 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • XxMacleodxX

February 20, 2012 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • SJH

I think she should mind her own business and stay out of other peoples affairs. Im sure she has personal issues in her own life. She needs to let the Chris Brown situation go. He has paid his dues. Get over it.

February 20, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • mk34

Such an immature thing to say! So what it was 3 years ago! Its never ok to beat up a woman. I hope people remember this about Chris Brown forever. It was heinous what he did.

February 20, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christy

WOW...get "over it?!?" Maybe where you come from a woman can just "GET OVER" getting the crap beat out of her, humilated in front of family, friends and fans, left out in the middle of no where in the street.

February 20, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • miranda who?

If Chris Brown didn't beat Rihanna, I would never have known who Miranda Lambert was. She should thank him.

February 20, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • johndanger

Maybe someone comes to your house and beats the crap out of you or maybe your wife or girlfriend. How long will it take for you to "get over it"? I know it would take me a lot more than three years.

February 20, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ms. V

MIRANDA YOUR RACISM IS SHOWING...YOU DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT GLEN CAMPBELL BEATING A WOMAN, AND HE PERFORMED ON THE GRAMMY STAGE. WHY DON'T YOU JUST SHUT UP AND SING?

IT'S QUITE EVIDENT THAT THE GRAMMY AWARD ACADEMY AND THE PRODUCERS DO NOT CONDEMN PEOPLE FOR LIFE AND THOUGHT CHRIS BROWN'S TALENT EARNED HIM THE RIGHT TO BE ON THE STAGE TWICE AND RECEIVE A GRAMMY. SO, YOU NEED TO GET SOME BUSINESS & LIFE OF YOUR OWN, INSTEAD OF TRYING TO TEAR DOWN SOMEONE ELSE, WHICH COULD BOOMERANG RIGHT BACK AT YOU!

February 20, 2012 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • kittykat

Isn't this the same woman who cheated with Blake Shelton while he was still married!?! and she casts judgment!?! I think that if she was the one who got beat up yeah she has plenty of right to be angry about CB performing but she's not. It's none of her business. It was 3 yrs ago.

February 20, 2012 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • unbelievable

Im guessing you are about a 300lb woman and jealous or jealous because you are a man and you know you could never get a woman that looked half as good as miranda or you have an obese wife

February 21, 2012 at 3:24 am | Report abuse |
    • GMB

Hmmm, I wonder where Miranda's infamous tweet account was when Charlie Sheen was beating his wives, living in a drunken stupor and displaying 2 women in front of his children, or when Alec Baldwin was bullying his wife and daughter, or when she was creeping around with Blake on her husband. Patty Pieface should really just shut up considering she's only recently gaining real fame because she married Blake Shelton. What a low grade woman to take to public formats to bash someone. I agree that she has found a way to get her 5 more minutes of fame. Once it blows over, she'll still be a no class busybody. Chris has completed his therapy and served his sentence. looks like maybe she shoudl seek some. Deep-seeded issues are surfacing!

February 21, 2012 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Noliah

IIt's funny you should use the name karma, because that's just what Brown will get one day, in one shape or another. And anyone who has ever had a child or mother or sister beaten by a fool such as Brown has got to be insane or just a slave to what is popular to praise this performing, self-absorbed, plain-faced, beady-eyed turd that can sing and dance. Karma will kick his butt one day and millions of people will cheer. And if Rihanna goes back to him, she deserves what she gets. This is all proof that money and talent cannot buy brains. Even Cheetah the chimp had a successful career.

February 21, 2012 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
    • nyckky

Amen you tell Miranda she needs to shut up im glad you did it was 3 yrs ago. Dang move on

February 21, 2012 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Patricia

Miranda: Take this as an intervention or an epiphany: Look at yourself. Your, now, husband was married & living with his wife when you two got involved. Having that happen to me – I know how painful that is and it IS also a form of abuse. You caused it. His song GOD gave me you...is shameful. HE had nothing to do with this.

February 21, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Crazy-time

I can't believe I am going to defend Chris Brown, but I am. It happened 3 years ago.. Ri has obviously forgiven him and he has paid for his crime through the court system. People may think he got off easy, but they need to take that issue elsewhere and get some laws and punishments changed, if they don't like it.
      Meanwhile over at the Oscars, they gave an award to a child molester. One who couldn't even come to the country to accept his trophey because he ran from justice! Yes I'm talking about Roman Polanski and you have stars like Martin Scorsese defending him. This piece of crap ran like a little girly-man and hollywood awards him SMDH

February 21, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Edward

Oh, Lord! Another hillbilly c/w twangster who can't keep her pie hole shut. Go figure.

February 21, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katarina Sheldon

It doesn't matter if it was 20 years ago – the fact is the man hit a woman and there's no more cowardly act than that. Your disapproval of Miranda's weight is fine – but your childish way of judging her reflects on your immaturity. I think the two of them should stop pointing fingers...hollywood, Nashville – doesn't matter – they always glorify that bad boy/girl and that simply encourages more negative actions. Chris will do it again. It's never a one time deal when you have that kind of anger inside you to hit a woman half your size.

February 21, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sorry Miranda

Coming from the woman dating a married man for how long...then getting him to leave his wife and marrying him. Wow!! I am myself a victim of abuse physical & mental, I am friends with my ex now but that doesn't mean I have forgotten, I just know that God has a reason behind everything and that everything works it's way out. I used to love Miranda but I am not as big of a fan now, who is she to say anything about anyone or a situation she was not even part of. To me pain is pain and I bet Blake's ex wife was put through A LOT of pain knowing her husband was sleeping around with Miranda. Yes he was to blame too but come on you can't tell me Miranda didn't know he was married.

February 23, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |