Replay: Jennifer Hudson's tribute to Whitney Houston
February 13th, 2012

Replay: Jennifer Hudson's tribute to Whitney Houston

Jennifer Hudson pulled off a touching, 11th hour tribute to Whitney Houston at the Grammy Awards Sunday following the death of the 48-year-old legend.

It was a performance executive producer Ken Ehrlich promised would be "respectful" to Houston's legacy. Hudson proved his word when she took the stage with nothing but a mic and a spotlight, and offered a moving performance of "I Will Always Love You."

At the end of the song, she honored Houston by saying, "Whitney, we will always love you."

It was clear during her time on stage that Hudson was holding back tears, and reports are circulating that the singer had an understandably difficult time preparing for her performance.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, "She was having a hard time getting through the song, especially on the second run-through," a source said.

But on Sunday, the nerves were barely visible, and more importantly, weren't present in Hudson's voice at all.

LL Cool J offered on Sunday's red carpet that the Grammy producers picked someone who could be Houston's successor, saying, "She's the closest thing we have now to what Whitney was."

Do you agree? A replay of Hudson's performance is below:

Filed under: Celebrities • Whitney Houston

1. Keteachak Winneyx

I am sure this article has touched all the internet users, its really really pleasant paragraph on building up new website.

July 11, 2012 at 3:39 am | Report abuse |
  2. residentsads

شكرا لك على الموقع الرائع

May 20, 2012 at 5:17 am | Report abuse |
  3. ipad 3

I've read a few just right stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how so much effort you place to create the sort of excellent informative site.

April 6, 2012 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  4. Byrd

She' still dead.

March 4, 2012 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. mike howell

So will miss Hudson be hanging out with little Bobbi honoring Whitney by (GETTING HIGH)?

March 1, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Stacy

I bet the ppl with the negative comments, about this woman who left a great and tremendous musical legacy which will impact generations to come, are just some pure racist hill billy rednecks...who are just jealous and mad tht she so great and will always be!!......When will ppl just respect the craft, and stop worrying about these ppl personal business???....get a life jethrow and billyann!!

February 29, 2012 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  7. Danko Ramone

Another heartfelt tribute to Whitney

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnI4dIvWXNA&w=640&h=390]

February 25, 2012 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  8. Walk423

Thought hudson's performance lacked feeling, but was technically sound. You can't compare Hudson to Houston, Whitney songstress, Hudson a singer. There is a big difference...

February 18, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  9. CheeseSteak

meh

February 15, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Lara

Whitney was an incredibly artist, and is impossible compare another artist with her voice and talent. I think Hudson did a great job. One versión simple and sweet, and I liked that.

February 15, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  11. HaHaHilarious

oh I wanna snort cocaine with somebody! *SNORT*
    I wanna feel the crack pipe heat with somebody! *GURGLE SNORT*
    Yeah I wanna snort cocaine with somebody! *SNORT*
    With somebody who loves cocaine! *SNIFF SNIFF*

RIP Whitney, ROFL!

February 15, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  12. HOJO

Awesome, just an awesome tribute!

February 15, 2012 at 4:03 am | Report abuse |
  13. albert

I mean no disrespect, I think it is sad that such a wonderful talent is dead. But Hudson did a horrible job! It was on the bad side of mediocre.

February 14, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  14. steve

wow!
    Jennfer looks really thin
    I never thought that hog could do it!

February 14, 2012 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  15. yaya

Beautiful rendition! I think Jennifer lost so much weight she looks old!

February 14, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Kimberlee

i thought it sucked, and i thought it was pathetic when she sang off-key and everyone clapped. i guess i was the only one who caught that

February 14, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Hammertime

dead so be done with it already

February 14, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Phil

Michael Jackson was another story. Incredibly talented and a hard working man. However, what bothered me was his family, after his death blaming the Dr. Granted his Dr was a peice of work but, if it hadn't been him, MJ still would have died of a drug over-dose. It was pretty obvious both MJ and Whitney have been using drugs and in Whitney's case, alcohol heavily for years. Why the "shock" when they die?

February 14, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Phil

I, frankly, am sick to death of the Hollywood crew and their ways of living. Whitney had literally, everything handed to her on a silver platter. She was born with good looks, a musical talent and really, hardly had to work at it. She was discovered at age 20. From then on the money flowed in. She didn't even write her own music. In her peak, she pulled in more money each week than a common person could make in a lifetime. Then she turns around and gets addicted to drugs and never quits. Don't have alot of sympthay for that. A common person would be living on the streets if they lived as she did.

February 14, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Don of Iowa

One has to but out laughing at Hudson. She tries to promote a diet plan on commercials and claims to have accomplished her goals but when you look at the size of her caboose you see she has a minimum of 50 pounds yet t lose, I mean you can hide 3 refrigerators back there and still have room for an F-150 pick up. When she sits down she sits all around the room and the 2 next rooms as well. Why do people who have a rear like this even pretend to have lost weight? If they have lost any weight at all it is like the weight Hudson lost, all of it ONLY between the ears.

February 14, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phil

Ironically your from Iowa. Home of football fields of Astro Turf to prevent the cheerleaders from grazing between plays...:)

February 14, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ronnie12345

Thats her body shape man don't your kind have any sense omg people.

February 16, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Gail D

The "Whitney Replacement" did a great job sinking a ceremonial "nail" in Whitney. Jenn, you ain't no Whitney – never will be – you couldn't come close to the notes, power or emotion of Whitney. I had no idea the industry could be such callous butchers – with Jenn and Clive being right up there at the top of the heap. Tyler P.: YOU were a chivalrous gentleman – God bless you for your kindness and care.

February 14, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  22. simply sweet

Jennifer's performance was absolutely beautiful. We love you Whitney.

February 14, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gail D

Jenn's performance was an embarassing self-serving, self-promoting blasphemy to Whitney's greatness.

February 14, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  23. eileen

Whitney & Jennifer were friends, she would be defending her. I'm sure Whitney would have been fine with her own paying tribute to her, which is not to take anything away from Celine.

February 14, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Kent AZ

It was likely well-intentioned, but Jennifer Hudson has no business trying to cover Whitney Houston. She doesn't have the voice to pull it off. Hudson is a good singer–Whitney in her prime was a PHENOMENAL singer.

February 14, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  25. marianne

I think Jennifer was perfect.

February 14, 2012 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  26. Patricia Moore

While I have never been a Whitney fan, ever, I have always ADORED Jennifer. Classy, beautiful, talented as a singer and actress, as well. Lovely to behold, talented and nothing but heart! Whitney NEVER had any of the above. Jennifer outshined her on every level, and I wish her nothng but continued success in all her future endevors. MORE TALENT then W.H ever dreamed of! All WH dreamt of was the crack-pipe! God bless, Jennifer !

February 14, 2012 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  27. Norm

Brought tears to my eyes. Ms. Hudson did a perfect tribute.

February 14, 2012 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Gail D

Jenn fell flat and short of any kind of adequate performance....she should know better than to try to copy something she can't at least attain a close likeness to. Hudson has no sense of personal style....she has to copy others, even the dead.

February 14, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Lynette

Jennifer's tribute to Whitney was absolutely beautiful. Jennifer with just her microphone, no back up music.. just a natural lovely voice. I am sure Whitney would have been proud. Thank you Jennifer for sharing Whitney and Dolly's song with all of us. You are gifted and a survivor of unthinkable tragedy. I wish you continued success in your career and I pray the balance of your life is filled with joy. You deserve it.

February 14, 2012 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  29. aswoc

Hudson's rendition just proves how much greater a songstress we lost in Whitney.So much contrast in their voices.Whitney's pure clear talent would overwhelm anything that Hudson could ever dream of showing, up on the stage.
    We have lost someone who's success was truly her talent and nothing else. Thankyou Whitney

February 13, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  30. SHY

FACT: GOD DID NOT TAKE WHITNEY HOUSTON FROM HER FAMILY & FRIENDS, THIS IS THE RELIGIOUS
    LIE.....SHE DIED....AND SOON WE WILL KNOW HOW IT HAPPEN.
    GOD IS LOVING AND HOLY....NO PERSON WHO IS A PRACTICING FORNICATOR IS SINGING TO GOD
    IN HEAVEN OR ON THIS EARTH -SING WHEN YOU CLEAN UP YOUR LIVE TO MEET GOD STANDARDS
    NOT THE STANDARD OF "MOVIE STARS"
    NOW WHEN IT COMES TO PRAYERS, I THINK MOVIE STARS THINK THEY CAN CHANGE GOD OR HIS
    STANDARDS....LISTEN WE ARE LIVING IN WHAT THE BIBLE CALLS THE LAST DAYS, BRACE YOURSELF
    IT NOT OVER, "HE THAT ENDURES TO THE END, WILL BE SAVED".
    EXCEPTING THE TRUTH, READING THE BIBLE, AND REJECTING LIES WE HAVE BEEN TAUGHT WILL HELP
    US TO ENDURE...PRAY TO MEET THE TRUE GOD, HE WILL FIND YOU AND DIRECT YOU.

February 13, 2012 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  31. carrieanne

Jennifer Hudson did a beautiful job! What a tribute to a friend.

February 13, 2012 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  32. John J,

What a classy and gifted young lady. Jennifer Hudson was the right choice and Whitney Houston would have approved of this performance.

February 13, 2012 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Legendary

Jennifer did an okay job. I think the task should have been given to someone with a voice more moving than hers. Like Beyonce, Christina Aguilera, or and ESPECIALLY Leona Lewis. her version during her year on X-factor was amazing. should have been HER!!! But again just my opinion

February 13, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yearight

Beyonce a more moving voice??? Now that is funny. I guess you did not see Dreamgirls. Jennifer did a superb job in spite of all that was going on. (her own tragedies, less than 24 hours after Whitney died who she was close to, and Chaka Khan bowing out) Ms Hudson was extremely professional and respectful A good performance by a class act. l. And the comments by Celine Dion were very tacky. They show how much of a hater she is of Whitney's natural talent.

February 13, 2012 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Steve

I thought Hudson was horrible. I find it utterly disgusting that Hudson is even mentioned as a comparison to Houston. LL Cool J is a fool for saying what he said. Hudson is a phenomenan as she is definitely one of the most unaccomplished singers to get these kinds of accolades. Her live singing is horrible and most of her fans confuse uncontrollable screeches with singing. Adele was there, they should have just let her do the tribute. Other than Adele, Beyonce would been better than Hudson as she has more control and is a way more versatile singer.

February 13, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • wisdom4u2

As Whitney would say "Kiss my a ss!!!!!", fool

February 13, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sandy

The only fool is the one who opens his mouth and removes all doubts!!She was fantastic to pay tribute with a few hours notice and did a heck of a job class can be high or low...some here just project low class.

February 14, 2012 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
    • m

that's true sandy..there is alot of low class.

February 14, 2012 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  35. NieObie Presents...

My heart is heavy and my mind is still in shock over my favorite female vocalist in the world! Whitney Houston I love you so much baby! GOD bless your soul and may you rest in eternal peace and light of the Lord. My prayers to Bobby Kristina, Bobby Brown, Cissy Houston, Dionne Warwick and the entire Houston family and loved ones. We have truly lost an ICON & LEGEND! She was a beautiful woman and mother, tremendous talent and will forever be in my heart & soul!

February 13, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  36. imagine95

R.I.P. Whitney. No matter what "people?" say you were just a human with a God given voice. You were not indestructable you were human, Unfortunately we all fall to our imperfections at some time, some we can overcome others overtake us. I dont know why the Lord called you home in this way, but, I will say there is a very loud message in this. We all need to do a reality check on ourselves. Whitney, you were called home for a reason, take the Lords hand and go. We that beleive will see and hear you again. As for the nonbeleivers, youll miss her later worse than you do now. Folks, let go of the distructive overanalysis of her passing and understand she was someone daughter, mother and friend. God loves her the same as He loves us all, if youll let Him

February 13, 2012 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  37. CT

Jennifer did a beautiful job. She has a fantastic voice and did a very great tribute to Whitney Huston.

February 13, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  38. wisdom4u2

"...She kept it simple, no wild hand gestures or vocal gymnastics." ~~~~ What the hell is that suppose to mean? What an ignorant buffoon you are to make a dumb non artistic statement like that!!! CNN should fire yo' ass.

February 13, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nakedeggcozy

It means she didn't pull a Christina Aguilera or anything like that – with the stupid undulating and wildly matriculating hand gestures. She kept it simple. She let her voice be her art and her emotion, instead of being unnecessarily dramatic.

February 14, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  39. yvonnie

Jennifer Hudson was very poised, beautiful and professional at a very demanding hour. In memory of Whitney Houston, Jennifer's performance brought tears to my eyes. I felt that the audience reactions told the story as to how well she performed. I would like to express at this time my deepest sympathy to the family of Whitney Houston. The lost of a love one is the most trying and saddest human experience.

February 13, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  40. tom

Jennifer Hudson has turned out to be a real class act as well as amazing artist. She has certainly been through more her fair share of heartache and loss and has learned to be humble, loving and respectful. She has become the benchmark for all up and coming performers...she's the new queen and I say "hail to the queen"

February 13, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • m

the performance was alright...however she's is no whitney....jennifer hudson screams in her songs too much...whitney is clear as a crystal in every single song she sings...jennnifer needs work on less screaming and more singing. she'll never be whitney

February 14, 2012 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  41. ladybell

Yes, I agree. However, I don't feel Jennifer did her best. It was professional and respectful but, Jennifer's performance was 90% . I'm sure her performance could have been I00% if the situation wasn't so personal.

February 13, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • zamark

While I agree with most of your comment the fact that Jennifer was able to sing at all is a tribute to her professionalism. As it was written she broke down while practicing the day before. To be able to sing and not shed one tear is an amazing feat but Jennifer has been through unimaginable tragedy in her life and her faith is what keeps her going. Yes, it was personal because she knew Whitney. It was tastefully done and so real. I am proud of Jennifer Hudson. Brava.

February 13, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Sara

Her live performance of I Will Always Love You at the 1994 Grammys was just as good, if not better than the studio recording. Google it.

February 13, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Rebbeca

Jennifer Hudson did a wonderful job, but..not to be disrespectful Whitney could never sing that song live the studio version was impectable but as far as singing it live she could never do it. I find a true artist sounds as good on the stage as they do in the studio. Celine Dion sounds exactly like she does on the radio that she does on stage a true talent. Whitney had a beautiful voice hands down but if you can't sing your top 3 songs live then don't sing them.
    Very sad how we put these stars up on a pedastal even after they kill themselves. Amy Winehouse no different just another druggie who overdosed.

February 13, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bronee

Her live performance of said song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hM_vSQLu_8

February 13, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • ladybell

@ Rebbeca. Sounds like your judging these people for having an addiction. Shame on you ! No matter what cards a person may be dealt, that person just may be handling their issues the best they know how. Somwtimes they fail. After all they are only human. Don't judge if you have not walked in their shoes. I'm sure you have some issues also, maybe not addiction but, issues that could eventually cause destruction in your life. We all do! No matter how big or small, how public or private the issue may be. Remember, nobody chooses to be an addict.

February 13, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sara

Umm, Amy Winehouse didn't overdose.

February 14, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • MICKEY

hithey did sing it live saw her in concert several times enjoyed them and she song that song to a standing ovation
      Celine Dion does not always sound just like her recording her last vegas show was not that good.at $275.00 a pop
      for tickets it was a waste of my money and airfare. still I enjpy both artist music.

February 15, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  44. sheblewit

It was a HORRIBLE performance!!! What was with the "WHOOF" sound that she made with her cheeks when she sang the word "will". It sounded VERY weird, and she has a problem breathing and articulating her words properly.

February 13, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bee

I see your racist horns, sticking out of your racist born excuse for a brain.

February 13, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • EDW

You try singing while trying not to cry over someone that meant a lot to you. If you're capable of crying that is.

February 13, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Say what!!

I bet your ass can't sing one note. B#####

February 13, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Bee, calm down. If you want to point your finger and scream "Racist!" there are plenty of awful comments posted out there to do so, but nothing in this obnoxious clown's comment mentions anything about race.

February 14, 2012 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Ronnie12345

I disagree john if you have a problem with jennifer hudson the same women whos been thought so much you probaly are a racist and if not still very heartless.

February 16, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Desdomna

Lol

February 13, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  46. jan deinema

Why has the video been removed?

February 13, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  47. PEDRO'

Im a mexikin ! OLE !

February 13, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Sandra Coyer

Strong and bitter words only indicate a weak cause!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a beautiful performance to an amazing lady!!!!!!

February 13, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Steve

Why is everyone blaming Bobby, Whitney was an adult & made her own decisions.

February 13, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Trina

It is really a sad thing we have lost another great singer and she was so pretty and her voice was so amazing and it is really sad that people that become famous sometimes let the devil talke over their lives with drugs and things and they are real great people, but are overtaken by such things. my prayers go out to the family and whitney i will never forget you ever......

February 13, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nicholas

Why is it such a horrible thing? She hadn't made any good new music in forever, so you can just buy her cd's. And Jennifer Hudson sounds like a man, horrible cover.

February 15, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • COMPASSION

I think it is important for us all to understand that people who have great strengths, also have great weaknesses. Obviously Whitney Houston had some personal issues and demons and no one is suggesting that we all agree with the choices that Whitney made.

However, and with respect for a great artist and performer who entertained millions of people all around the world, I ask that we find some compassion for a woman who left us all with some exceptional music and memories as well as the reflection of a truly brilliant career.

February 17, 2012 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  51. Lucy

She did a very sweet job. She has turned out to be just beautiful.

February 13, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  52. Richard Fore

I thought it was a horrible performance. Whitney was a coke head & F-hole for Bobby & her drug dealer of the moment.

February 13, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Christian

Such a bitter and angry individual. I hope when that mob comes to kill you, or that single person does you in, when you reach a hand out to another human being for help, they have as much regard for your life as you do for others.

February 13, 2012 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Richard Fore

@chrissy. Some people just can't handle the truth. Did you know I can lick my own balls.

February 13, 2012 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Therapist

You are one SICK PUPPY! Get some help immediately! Its people like you that need to be done away with!

February 13, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christian

That's a good thing. No one else will ever do it for you. You're kinda like a dog, in more ways than one. You should be put down.

February 13, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • sunshine

just shut up! Whitney houston is a legend and Jennifer Hudson did a wonderful job!

February 13, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • bee

Richard Fore,
      U r an A____. fill out the rest.

February 13, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • informedunionvoter

Well, Christian, Richard is going to have to lick his own balls, but he is right about her druggieness. I get a little sick of how people elavate these "celebs" to sainthood, when, let's face it, they ain't goin' up, if you catch my drift.

February 14, 2012 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Patricia Moore

I agree with Richard, this is not the Kennedy Assaination, let's move on! Nobody has heard a nice thing about Whitney is over 20 years, who cares?
      PS* She BUTCHERED Dolly's song, and that is being kind to the dead.

February 14, 2012 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Patricia Moore

Doesn't ANYONE remember that poor Jennifer HUdson's ENTIRE FAMILY was SLAUGHTERED in COLD BLOOD? No one wept for HER THEN< now they have the poor thing singing BOO-F***NG -HOO for Whitney, who esstentially, has been committing suicide for over 20 years? I say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! (BTW, Richard, shhh about your PERSONALS! )
      IF YOU WANNA SHED SOME TEARS, do it for the innocent ones that suffer becuase of the SELF-CENTEREDNESS OF THIS CRACK HEAD!

February 14, 2012 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Ms Vette

You are such an insensative person...everyone has struggles in life, you are not perfect and I'm sure if your life was on display we would see things that we could throw up in your face, you shall reap what you sow.

February 14, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

How the hell you know, where you there?

February 15, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • crackiecrack

I agree. An over-rated gash.

February 18, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  53. RMN

Bravo, Jennifer!
    It must have been so difficult for her to keep it together and she did it in her own style with great poise and grace. Class act for sure! Such a beautiful woman.

February 13, 2012 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  54. Evy

I thought Jennifer did a magnificent job of honoring Whitney. She kept it simple, no wild hand gestures or vocal gymnastics because it wasn't about her – it was about Whitney. Excellent rendition – sweet and simple.

February 13, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • pam

I agree! she has an amazing voice, and she made Whitney proud.

February 13, 2012 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bruce

I am not good at all the blog tweet face etc!

Stumbled across this and wish you could get it to the media touching....

I hope you read this and air the 10 seconds of attached clip. Please at least look at it. Compelling in indescribable ways. Whitney giving Michael Jackson a standing ovation. A totally breathtaking 10 seconds. Caution will bring tears to your eyes. Go to 3:50 – an iconic image forever............
      I froze. Beautiful sad...
      [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex0A2GvgNYQ&w=640&h=390]
      If this does not work its:
      Whitney Houston Tribute to Michael Jackson 29.05.2010 Mannheim Part 1
      at 3 minutes and 50 seconds. Uploaded by kallisto3000 on May 30, 2010 Total run time 4:54
      Chills....

February 13, 2012 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Informedunionvoter

Yes, it was an excellent audition for the inevitable soon to be made movie of Whitney's life. Jennifer lost the weight and now she got her hair cut in time for the awards to look the part.

February 14, 2012 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
    • La'Barbara Nattiel

The performance was beautiful.It would have been just as beautiful If we as people would have celebrated her life with her as she lived.What we are doing now, Is what we should have done at the time of her trails and tribulations and life's issues.She was a beautiful person inside and out.Name one person that does not have issues in their life.

February 14, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • La'Barbara

The performance was beautiful. It would have been more beautiful If we as people would have celebrated her life with her as she lived. ..What we are doing now, Is what we should have done at the time of her trails and tribulations and life's issues.She was a beautiful person inside and out. Name one person that does not have issues in their life.

February 14, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • don

PHILL SPECTOR SAID HE IS INNOCENT

February 15, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • joe

CROWDED ELEVATOR SMELL DIFFERENT TO LITTLE PEOPLE

February 15, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lean6

I thought she was...nothing special. I've always thought that. I think she's one bad move away from Hollywood and the media trashing her and pushing her towards a potentially similar tragic end. It seems like people are waiting for a train wreck...or at least for her to get fat again, have a psycho breakdown, or something. The eyes tell the truth every time. Hudson's eyes always genuinely appear to say, "I can't believe I'm standing here...I don't deserve this." Don't hate the messenger on this. She wouldn't be the first or last pet project of a big name with connections in the music industry. Just hope that what the industry wants from her doesn't cost her life.

February 16, 2012 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
    • simone huber

she was never an impressive singer to me, just as what simon cowell thought. let^s be honest, she^s good but her voice and style of singing isn^t specail at all.

February 21, 2012 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |