'Sparkle' to release in August, Grammy producer speaks on tribute
February 12th, 2012

'Sparkle' to release in August, Grammy producer speaks on tribute

Ken Ehrlich, executive producer of this year's Grammy Awards, tells CNN that the ceremony will pay respects to Whitney Houston, and the Vice President for the Recording Academy, Barb Dehgan, confirms that Jennifer Hudson will take part.

"Whitney was a multi-Grammy winner, she appeared on the show a number of times. We're very saddened, and we don't want to rush into anything that wouldn't be respectful," Ehrlich said.

"I've asked Jennifer Hudson to come, and we're really at this moment talking about what she's going to do," he continued. "It's going to be something respectful. It's not going to be a full-blown tribute, that's too early and it's too fresh at this moment. It's going to be something respectful to Whitney's memory."

The script has been tweaked "to make sure the tone is right," he added. "Our show celebrates music of the past year, and is known not only just for the past year [in music] but the past years of American popular music. There are some shifts that we wanted to make script-wise that probably make it a little more appropriate."

Even with those changes, "It's still going to be a great music show. Knowing Whitney like I did, she was a great artist and a great performer, and she knew the importance of thrilling an audience, and that's what we plan to do."

Sadly, Whitney Houston will never get to see her latest film, "Sparkle," thrill moviegoers when it makes it to the big screen.

The 48-year-old entertainer had signed on to play opposite Jordin Sparks in the remake of the 1976 film, and recently wrapped the project. The story is loosely based on The Supremes, and follows three sisters who have to face the difficulties that come along with fame as their singing careers take off.

Sparks portrays the titular character, Sparkle, one of the three Williams sisters, and Houston played their mother, Emma.

As of now, the studio plans to release "Sparkle" in August of this year.

A spokesman for Sony Pictures tells CNN in a statement, "Like all those who knew and loved her, we are shocked and saddened and the world has lost an incomparable talent. Right now our thoughts are with her daughter, her family and her friends."

The film's producer, Bishop T.D. Jakes, asked in a statement for the "world to join us in lifting up Whitney's family in prayer and ask God for their strength and comfort during this devastatingly difficult time."

"At the apex of her career, Whitney had no peer, with a voice that shaped a generation," the statement said. "She has left behind a musical and film legacy that will endure.... she will be sorely missed by us all."

Elsewhere, Fox's hit "Glee" will also pay tribute to Houston this week with their first ever Whitney Houston rendition. Star Amber Riley will perform "I Will Always Love You" as part of the program's Valentine's Day episode, Riley's co-star Matthew Morrison said.

1. iphone行動電源

I don't commonly comment but I gotta admit regards for the post on this one . iphone行動電源 http://www.powerbankland.com

June 21, 2013 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  2. Mrs Tyler

Keep your mouth off Gods people. The Lord is nothing like man.Say something nice and puit hating.My pray goes out to the family and friends like Withney why your ll in my business.Bobby Brown glad you is there for your daughter and the family.

February 16, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Name*Liz Carter

Just so you know...I'm not one of them. I worked in my Countys' Drug and Alchohol Rehabilitation Center (in the womens' program) with the penniless crackhead women. Whenever I lost anyone of my girls, I was sad and upset. I was more upset with the arrogance of the 'systems' continuous denial that it carries the ultimate blame for the addictions, the crimes related to it, and of course the massive number of deaths caused by it. Talking about looking down noses? OMG! Yes I'm sickened alright, but not for the reason you say I should be. I'm not the hypocrite. I'm just one of the Lone Wolf Whistleblowers of the Truth of drugs as I see and have seen results of in America. You may find me on another 'Whitney Houston' thread with my extended views of it's onset and destruction. Oh yes..people do make choices, but drugs should never have been made an available option for people to choose from! They block and stop anything else they want to! The ultimate blame goes to a greedy element in our society...period.

February 13, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sokman

What is truely sad about this whole ordeal is the fact many seem to act or feel they have a signicant attachment or relationship with the woman. If she was a broke penniless cr@ckhead on the corner most of you would be too busy looking down your noses at her to care if she died or not. Many of you here are horribly hypocritical & should sicken yourselves.

February 13, 2012 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |
  5. Name*Liz Carter

No Joyce...that's not Bobby Brown...that's just another nasty troll! The true Bobby Brown has already made a statement on another media source saying how sadden he was about his ex-wifes' death, and he asked that people, if not for him personally, be understanding of their daughters' feelings as she tries to swallow this sudden loss of her mother.

February 12, 2012 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  6. @?

Yep n ur the biggest 1 looser . bwahahahahaha

February 12, 2012 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. ?

It's called troll ppl! Sheesh.

February 12, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Rose

This is really said that you would put a comment like this on this page. I know and I hope everyone else know that you ARE NOT THE BOBBY BROWN that was once married to Whitney. God has something special for you to use your name (if it really is your name) to post such a disrespectful comment like that.

February 12, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  9. joyce

I HOPE THIS COMMENT DIDNT COME FROM "BOBBY BROWN" IF SO SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOU!

February 12, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Texas Traveler

So the producer is T.D. Jakes and is the rise of the Supremes? What does that have to do with his ministry? I REALLY think it is time to start taxing these mega church ministries. Such a sham...

February 12, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Jann

Bishop Jakes receives no salary or money from his church. He is paid nothing. He makes his money on his own.

February 12, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Sokman

I hear Whitney's favorite show was 30 Rock

February 12, 2012 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Leslie

Its nice to know that you are perfect!!!! Yeah Right, Grow Up Already And Become a Human Being. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

February 16, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Eliza Neals

Everyone LOVES you When you are GONE! They make fun of you then don't help you while your struggling then THEN when you DIE they FIGHT to Make a Tribute show of your music images last words all to make a profit.... sad this Big entertainment INDEPENDENT ARTIST + MUSICIANS 2012 is our YEAR!

February 12, 2012 at 4:13 am | Report abuse |
    • 4815162342

Oh, the pure irony and hypocritical-ness of your comment. Now THAT'S just pathetic

February 12, 2012 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
  13. Marie

This is such a very sad day for all ! Whitney Houston will be miss, My prayer's goes out to her daughter & Family.

February 12, 2012 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |