Friends, fans react to Whitney Houston's death
February 11th, 2012

Friends, fans react to Whitney Houston's death

As news spread Saturday that legendary singer Whitney Houston has passed away at the age of 48, shocked reactions from fans and her entertainment contemporaries began to pour in, especially on Twitter.

Mariah Carey wrote, "Heartbroken and in tears over the shocking death of my friend, the incomparable Ms. Whitney Houston. She will never be forgotten as one of the greatest voices to ever grace the earth. My heartfelt condolences to Whitney's family and to all her millions of fans throughout the world."

The Mayor of Newark, New Jersey, Cory Booker, acknowledged Houston's roots in the state, tweeting,"RIP Whitney Houston, a Legend and great American artist. And always, one of Newark's and New Jersey's treasured daughters."

Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin was at a loss for words, telling CNN in a statement, “I just can’t talk about it now. It’s so stunning and unbelievable. I couldn’t believe what I was reading coming across the TV screen. My heart goes out to Cissy, her daughter Bobbi Kris, her family and Bobby.”

Added Smokey Robinson, "I've know Whitney since she was a little girl and I loved her. She was like family to me. I will miss her."

Said Christina Aguilera, "I am deeply saddened by the news of Whitney Houston's very untimely passing. We have lost yet another icon in music. Whitney's voice was so special to me. Her notes soared to places most singers dream of reaching. She will be missed."

According to a police spokesman, Houston was pronounced dead at 3:55 p.m. (6:55 p.m. ET) at the Beverly Hilton Hotel despite resuscitation efforts.

Beverly Hills Police Lt. Mark Rosen said there were "no obvious signs of criminal intent" and that the cause of her death is being investigated.

Lenny Kravitz wished that the singer "rest in peace," adding, "There will never be another like you."

"The View's" Sherri Shepherd echoed Kravitz's hope for Houston to be at peace, writing, "Whitney I hope you found the peace in Heaven that you could never seem to find down here. RIP Ms. Houston 'where do broken hearts go.'"

Added Keri Hilson, "Ugh I hate that I'm even typing this...I'm shocked. She was my hero growing up."

Music group Foster the People, who are performing at the Grammys Sunday, added via their Twitter account, "We lost an incredible voice today... R.I.P. Whitney Houston."

Super producer Quincy Jones released a statement saying "I am absolutely heartbroken at the news of Whitney's passing.  Ashford & Simpson first made me aware of Whitney when she was just sixteen, and I always regretted not having had the opportunity to work with her.  She was a true original and a talent beyond compare.  I will miss her terribly."

For more reactions, check out our This Just In blog. You can also head over to iReport to share your memories of the singer.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music • Whitney Houston

1. NOW SHE IS USING HER BLACK MIND CONTROL ACTING LIKE SHE IS JUSTIFIED FOR STEALING A SS#

YOUR JUST A FAT HOE...

June 13, 2013 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  2. 3stardrivingschool

I would like to thank you for the efforts you've got produced in wriing this article. I am hoping the same finest operate from you inside the potential also. Actually your creative writing skills has inspired me to start my personal Blog Engine weblog now.
    Town Car Services

June 13, 2013 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  3. NFL Jerseys Wholesale From China

Hello there I will be so happy I ran across your internet site, I truly found you by mistake, because i was seeing on yahoo for another thing, Anyways I will be the following now and would likely love to say thank for a incredible submit along with a at all times enjoyable blog. Remember to maintain the fantastic function.
    NFL Jerseys Wholesale From China http://www.jerseys88.com

October 27, 2012 at 6:06 am | Report abuse |
  4. iy0eyqav395ra

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=49800 – download film The Five-Year Engagement dvdrip, Download The Five-Year Engagement Movie, Where To Download The Five-Year Engagement Movie Movie utlsj,
    https://www.ucl.ac.uk/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=49442 – see Sparkle film, Sparkle Movie film download link, download movie Sparkle Movie hd 7333829

September 27, 2012 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |
  5. icon

Certainly. All above told the truth. We can communicate on this theme. Here or in PM.

By the way, what do you think about this icons site?

September 13, 2012 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. yq8gwmde963si

http://forums.motioninjoy.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4923 – see The Hunger Games film, The Hunger Games Movie Movie Stream, Direct Download The Hunger Games Movie Movie 91269274,
    http://www.comuni.it/servizi/forumbb/viewtopic.php?p=807958 – Dr Seuss The Lorax film download link, Where Can I Download Dr Seuss The Lorax Movie Online, Download Dr Seuss The Lorax Movie Movie In Hd Quality sskkifqd

September 13, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. tc1qhvwq475xe

http://www.proprofs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=492875 – Direct Download Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I Movie Movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I Movie Download Website, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I Movie Download For Psp 34496204,
    http://www.proprofs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=494318 – download film Larry Crowne Movie dvdrip, full film of Larry Crowne Movie online, Download Larry Crowne Movie Movie for Mac 32288,
    http://www.proprofs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=493235 – Download 127 Hours Movie For Ipod, Download 127 Hours Movie Movie In Hd Quality, 127 Hours film download link >:-))),
    http://www.proprofs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=489830 – Download Page Eight Movie Movie Hd, Legal Page Eight Movie Download, Page Eight Full Movie Download trjjwh,
    http://www.proprofs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=493183 – Legal Gullivers Travels Movie Download, Gullivers Travels Movie Movie Download For HTC, Direct Download Gullivers Travels Movie 159

September 7, 2012 at 2:38 am | Report abuse |
  8. qq9nghgt433ii

http://photobucket.com/developer/forum?read,2,191888 – Download The Cabin in the Woods Movie Movie In Hd Quality, The Cabin in the Woods film with good quality, download movie The Cabin in the Woods hd =((,
    http://photobucket.com/developer/forum?read,2,187777 – Take This Waltz Movie Download Website, download movies Take This Waltz Movie, where can i download the Take This Waltz movie twktpstn,
    http://photobucket.com/developer/forum?read,2,185828 – The Campaign Movie Download Website, The Campaign Movie Download Mediafire, Download The Campaign Movie For Ipod 933,
    http://photobucket.com/developer/forum?read,2,270506 – Sucker Punch film download link, download dvd Sucker Punch, Sucker Punch film downloads 99812691,
    http://photobucket.com/developer/forum?read,2,267923 – The Hangover film downloads, Download The Hangover Film Hd, Legal The Hangover Movie Download =-[[

September 6, 2012 at 2:13 am | Report abuse |
  9. az6yxuhr371bj

http://www.proprofs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=483191 – Where Can I Download Killer Elite Movie Film Online, Where Can I Download Killer Elite Film Online, Download Killer Elite Movie Movie In Hd Formats 95029743,
    http://www.proprofs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=484493 – Shrek Forever After Movie Download HD, Download Shrek Forever After Movie For iPhone, Download Shrek Forever After Movie In Hd Formats 07895,
    http://www.proprofs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=482894 – Download Boggy Creek Movie Film Hd, Boggy Creek Movie Trailer, Boggy Creek Movie Torrent 287,
    http://www.proprofs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=483225 – Apollo 18 Movie Movie Download Site, Apollo 18 Movie Download 1080p, Download Apollo 18 Movie Movie In Hd Formats 05091,
    http://www.proprofs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=486515 – Hanna Movie Download Iphone, download dvd Hanna, Hanna film divx 94512

September 5, 2012 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
  10. js3rhgul156ce

http://photobucket.com/developer/forum?read,2,82390 – whole film of Nitro Circus The Movie, Nitro Circus The Movie Movie film for cheap, Nitro Circus The Movie Movie Movie Stream 54673,
    http://photobucket.com/developer/forum?read,2,86034 – LOL Movie Download Link, Download LOL Film Hd, Download LOL Movie Movie DVD9 6900,
    http://photobucket.com/developer/forum?read,2,83626 – That s My Boy Movie Stream, Download That s My Boy Movie Movie High Quality, That s My Boy Movie Movie Download For Psp 6518420,
    http://photobucket.com/developer/forum?read,2,85889 – The Lucky One Movie film money, download movies The Lucky One Movie, see The Lucky One Movie film 363,
    http://photobucket.com/developer/forum?read,2,83322 – Download Madea s Witness Protection Movie CamRip, Download Madea s Witness Protection Movie DVDRip, download movie Madea s Witness Protection hd 69240957

August 26, 2012 at 3:45 am | Report abuse |
  11. iv2rxjek148mr

http://photobucket.com/developer/forum?read,2,9907 – Lola Versus Movie Download Mediafire, smuiq,
    http://photobucket.com/developer/forum?read,2,9998 – The Giant Mechanical Man Movie Movie Download For Psp, ))=8)
    http://photobucket.com/developer/forum?read,2,9866 – Download Total Recall Movie In Hd Formats, 99249,
    http://photobucket.com/developer/forum?read,2,9915 – Battlefield America Movie Movie Stream, nanmqwsa,

August 10, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  12. alexey_sokoloff

Нужны услуги опытного креативного ведущего праздников? Тогда Вы обратились по адресу! Event-агентство Family Works предлагает весь спектр услуг в Москве. Нам по силу любые торжества: Новый Год, свадьба, детский праздник, юбилей и др. Обращайтесь к профессионалам если хотите, чтобы Ваш праздник был действительно веселым, интересным и запоминающимся! Посмотреть фотографии с мероприятий и узнать больше об услугах можно на сайте FamilyWorks.Ru.

June 8, 2012 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  13. week end beauty farm

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to mention that I've truly enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I will be subscribing in your feed and I am hoping you write again soon!

April 20, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  14. auto mieten

I am now not sure the place you are getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or figuring out more. Thanks for excellent information I was looking for this information for my mission.

April 18, 2012 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  15. fernace

Please y'all, have a little consideration! One of the greatest voices in History is dead! I don't care what killed her, she's gone & wont be back! Stuff the negative comments, none of us Know what she died from! Also, have some mercy on Bobby Brown! He is a fellow human who loved this woman for over 15 years, had a child w/her & is mourning her loss! Whatever we think he introduced her to has no bearing in this conversation! Lets just mourn, pay homage & pray the family through the unimaginable pain they will experience the rest of the year!!

February 12, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Bob

To Whitney's family,freinds and fans,

Simply put,"My heart grieves for the" RIP Whitney

February 12, 2012 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Bob Young

Would you idiots that are assuming that it was a drug overdose that killed Whitney Houston,please shut up for you have no idea,your callous speculations have no factual merit or basis in fact. There has been no cause of death even close to being determined,personally I am waiting for the toxicology tests to be released. So keep you stupidly uneducated opinions to yourselves.

February 12, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Judi (MT.VERNON N.Y.)

WHITNEY, AS YOU ARE GOING HOME TO OUR LORD, I CAN HEAR YOU SINGING THE GOSPEL( I LOOK TO YOU ) GOD BLESS YOU, YOU WILL BE MISSED AND FOREVER LOVED. MY PRAYERS TO HER FAMILY

February 12, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Lovin and Livin Life....

@Theresa, you've been on here throughout the day giving your thoughts and opinions so why don't you let others do the same, even if you disagree with them? You talk about not judging but you're doing just that every time someone posts a comment you don't like. I just don't get ppl like you!! Please.... Get over yourself.... @@

February 12, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  20. leon DI CAT MAN

et quand je marche dans la vallée de l'ombre de la mort je ne crains aucun mal car tu es avec moi.Oh DIEU
    Car toi Witney HOUSTON tu sera parmis les fallanges qui louerons DIEU jour et nuit. AMEN

February 12, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Andrea Rouda

Why does the media turn every dead celeb into an angel?

February 12, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  22. marie perez

Whitney's last hit was from a crack pipe. She'll be remembered much like Rick James...a crack addict.

February 12, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  23. bjn72

whitney houston is singing a different tune along with the soul train don cornulies

February 12, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  24. akinbi ayokunle mathew

Sometimes we wanna why "God shouldn't have connect those who are meant τ̅☺ be taken away from each" . î grew up listenening τ̅☺ your voice. Its just too bad that nothing last forever! RIP ma

February 12, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Houston77mr

Why does someone have to die for Americans to show them love. Why wasn't she so popular 2 days ago? Everyone was making jokes and criticizing her rather than encouraging her. Now everyone is so broken up and playing her music like it was the 80's again. Shame on you america.

February 12, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  26. England Forever

Yes, yes it's very sad... Another so called star dead, another star who went off the rails, took drugs, drank, lived to excess. What do you expect?

Do you really think she was in touch with reality, kept her feet on the ground, lived a normal life? No! – she was surrounded by people who said, yes, yes, yes, no matter what she wanted.

She led a life of indulgence, and excess, and in the end, no matter how sad it is, she paid the ultimate price for it.

February 12, 2012 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  27. eli

I love you Whitney. RIP

February 12, 2012 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  28. Esther

Whitney, special was you I will missed you. All of your songs means so much to me you are gone , but your songs lived forevery in my heart and mouth.

February 12, 2012 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  29. esther

The death of Whitney left me empty,since I was a litter girl in Africa I have being listering to Whitney's songs. I will miss u the rest of my life, rest in peace in the hands of the Lord. My condolence goes out to her mother and daughter.

February 12, 2012 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  30. kathy

YOU WILL BE TRULY MISSED !! THE WHOLE WORLD IS STILL IN SHOCK !! YOUR VOICE WAS INCREDIBLE!! REST IN PEACE THE LORD IS WITH YOU !!

February 12, 2012 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  31. SUSAN

i am saddened beyond words...we lost a national treasure...but i have this to say...when are we going to hold all the agents...managers and all handlers accountable for their hand in all of this? i was in the business for many years, and what i have seen with my own eyes is totally disgusting...but true. if you wanted to have a great talent signed to you....and they had a drug problem...you supplied the drugs to them....this has been going on for ages...and yet...no one will address this big elephant in the room...I THINK IT IS TIME TO OUT THE PEOPLE BEHIND THIS...AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT....no one can force you to do drugs...but if you know there is a drug problem, then why not try to get them help...instead of just supplying them with what is going to eventually kill them...?. i am sure that this comment will not go over well with anyone in the business...not saying all are guilty of this...but there are too many that are all about this...does not matter what you have to do as long as you are making your money off of your client...THINK IT IS TIME THAT SOMEONE STARTS TO INVESTIGATE THIS....just like the mail bag that went between n.y. and beverly hills...was supposed to be all mail...but back then...there was more drugs in that mail bag then anything else...and all knew about it...from the ceo’s to the mailroom kids....! may you R.I.P. dear Whitney...you are back in the arms of God...and now...you can be at peace...thank you for giving us such wonderful music....there will never be another like you....now...let’s find a way to stop so many talented people from dying so young...and from drugs.....!!!!. my thoughts and prayers are with her family....and especially her daughter...whitney always took care of her family...loved them and her church...let’s remember all the good she brought to so many....and she will live on forever...thanks to her music...and her caring heart. we all have baggage....let’s remember this...no one can throw stones...NO ONE...!!!!

February 12, 2012 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  32. marilyn

I was working in a Peaches Music store when her first album came out, we were blown away at her talent, and watched her career take off. With all the songs she did throughout her career the most memorable for me would be the star spangled banner at the 1991 super bowl, the best I had ever heard an artist do, it left me with tears in my eyes, and so proud to be an American. I can't believe she has gone. Thank you Whitney for music that inspired and motivated us to be all that we could be. My thoughts and prayers for her family and daughter.

February 12, 2012 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  33. Jacqueline

I watched Whiten Grow up in the music industry when she was only 18 years old. The first time I heard her sing, I knew she had a unique voice from God. She was raised in the Church in New Jersey, and you could always hear the Church influence in her voice when she sang. I truly loved her and her singing. It was almost as if she were a daughter to me. She was so vibrant and grew more and more beautiful as she grew up. "We Bring Nothing Into This World, And For Sure We Take Nothing When we Leave. "I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU" Whitney. I truly hope that you are now resting with the Lord. I have shed many tears since I heard the horrible news and my heart and prayers go out to her family, especially her Mother. I lost a child when he was just 21 years old and it is NOT easy to bury your child. I am praying for you especially Ms Cissy Houston and Bobbi Christina. Your music will never die and there will never be another voice like yours. I will miss you, but rest now. This mean, horrible world is over for you now. I praise God that He loaned you to us all for as long as He did.

February 12, 2012 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  34. Carole

This is in response to "JOE, above, who comented upon Whitneys death, that, its all about the monwey.?
    I have read some nasty remarks that I refuse to elaborate upon.This beautiful, talented icon, has left a legacy, andf her music, and her fame will live on. Her goodness as a person only tells people who she really was.
    I send my own prayers, to her loving family.
    How devistaed, they must be.
    And to her daughter, I send my deep caring thoughts, with the hope that she knows, just how large her mothers
    fan base is, and always will be.
    RIP, Whitney. Sing up there with Gods angels, and your death was not in vain.
    You deserve the respect, for the acclaimed, artist you have always been.
    A devoted and saddened fan.

February 12, 2012 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  35. Slava

В первую очередь она мировая певица ! Мои соболезнования близким и родным. Память о ней будет вечна !

February 12, 2012 at 4:05 am | Report abuse |
  36. brithdeonly@yahoo.com

hou nou htda brithney j marshall nud wen uin p.lp. hun wen

February 12, 2012 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
  37. Raymondy Coetzee

She was the best there was know one like her.I lost two people important people in my life this month my cuz Agnes Barnes 38yrs old to the Big "C" 4Feb and now my music icon Whitney Houston 48yrs 11Feb my they both RIP.I lost two angles and God gained in heaven.From Raymondy Coetzee,Mitchell's Plain,Western Cape,Cape Town,South Africa

February 12, 2012 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  38. Sokman

Bobby Brown has cleaned up & been killing it lately (no pun intended). So those who blame him, why didn't she clean up when he did? She ultimately made the choice to do drugs, Michael Jackson begged for the drugs he recieved, & I'll not be judged by a false being you believe in to justify your disagrrement with reality

February 12, 2012 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  39. Blondie

Please let Christina Aguilera or Mary J. Blige, Shirley Murdoch, Kelly Price, Faith Evans and mostly Cee-Cee Winans sing Whitney songs at the Grammys. Whitney loved Christina Aguillera rendition of "I Want To Run To You". Rest In Peace Ms. Houston. My prayers are sent to the Houston Family. GOD BLESS.

February 12, 2012 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
  40. Patrice

Another example of the need for us to be thankful for our lives! We need to not let these great people die in vain. Use their lives as motivation to live each day to the fullest and stop judging! Love each other instead! Life is too short, spread the love. There are too many peopl in pain. Rest in peace Whitney. You will be missed! We love you!

February 12, 2012 at 2:03 am | Report abuse |
  41. Queen Bee 1961

The word down on "crack alley" is now that Whitney has OD'd, the price of crack has dropped by 50 percent.

February 12, 2012 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  42. brenda

Its the so heartbreaking to have someone like whitney houston to have gone so soon she was such a wonderful singer!! so hard to believe and so hard to say goodbye to such a talented singer!!! condelences to her family !!! RIP WHiTNEY!!

February 12, 2012 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
  43. Ellecia

Prayers to Whitney's family. I think 90% of the world were Whitney fans. Another Icon has left this world, but her music will live on forever. RIP Whitney Houston

February 12, 2012 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Mrs. J. Courtney

Ellecia -

Thank you for the compliment. This is my first time responding on line, so I was just hoping it "got in/ got on."

February 12, 2012 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  44. Cathy

My family and I send our love, support, and prayers first for baby girl Bobby Christina, and family. I grew up with Whitney and have always loved her. The song I'm Every Woman is the theme song in my family of girls. If I could count the times that song along lifted my spirts and encouaraged me to face the next day, I would be rich. I thank Jehovah God for blessing the world with her gift of voice. You will be greatly missed. Jehovah needed you. You have your wings now............FLY AWAY HOME. Rest In Peace.

February 12, 2012 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  45. Mrs. J. Courtney

God opened up his arms to cradle Whitney in...so she is at peace, with Him and those to whom he has likewise attended. I grieve for Cissy, her Mother (I grew up with Cissy). So Cissy, from one mother (of an adult) to another, take solace in the fact that you did your best. You had her, you nurtured her, you loved her. She was beautiful, she had a gift, and she was and will remain a classic in the world. She had a voice that was powerful and pure. Like human beings many times do, she made a few wrong turns, and like any good mother you did your best to steer her back (I remember).
    God will take care of her now. You just rest, and be of peace. Like other icons your daughter's voice will be heard and appreciated over the airways for as long as there is music...which is forever.
    And to Bobbi-Christina, I've known you since birth. You can make your mother proud. Do it.
    My condolence to the family. I'm thinking of you in this time of sadness.

February 12, 2012 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Ellecia

What a beautiful comment to Whitney's mother and daughter. I think you put it better than all the comments posted. God Bless you J. Courtney.

February 12, 2012 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  46. Robyn Gant

"I have nothing" is probably my favorite song by her. I can never get tired of listening to her.

February 12, 2012 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  47. Dana

Prayers go out to the Houston Family..

February 12, 2012 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  48. AJ

We will always love you too......

February 12, 2012 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  49. Neeko

"I Wana Dance:With Somebody Who Loves Me". Classic.

February 12, 2012 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  50. Theresa

I read over some of certain individuals comments? I won't mention who u all are: the ignorant ones!
    We r not her judge or jury, only god can judge and she will have to answer to god, and god forgives so she will be happy in heaven.
    Sadly she will be missed and always loved.
    It's not nice to assume how she died, everyone has trials and tribulations in there life. Some handle better than others. We just all need to pray for her soul, and her family.
    You people out there judging, remember you all too will be judged one day. Leave the negative comments out, she had enough negativity inher life, she don't need it in her passing! Let her celebrate life with the lord!

February 11, 2012 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Lady m

Let he without sin cast the first stone. its a shame that some ppl can b so disrepectful (like they r perfect). but anyways my heart goes out to whitney and the family that she left behind. she will b greatly missed. R.I.P Whit.

February 11, 2012 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  52. ahmed mohamed

I am devastated and feel like really this world is hell itself.. God today got an angel who struggled in life like we all do. His mercy is her joining him. When god loves you and sees how much you are hurting he helps even though it hurts us family and the fans, RIP WHITNEY HOUSTON.

February 11, 2012 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  53. John

Thanks for your life and art. Your song the Greatest Love of all changed my life. It still affects me. Thankyou for your
    contribution to the world. Long live Whitney! God bless you.

February 11, 2012 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  54. ELIZABETH

MY GOD, I LOVE HER MUSIC AND IS VERY SAD.
    YOU WILL BE MISSED, MY PRAYER FOR THE FAMILY.

February 11, 2012 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Ivy

My favorite singer of all time. I am still in shock that she's gone. RIP Whitney.

February 11, 2012 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  56. ?

Paris did it. She was @ the hilton. Sheesh

February 11, 2012 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  57. I.

I still remember when I saw her first video, what a voice!!!!!! god blessed her with such a big talent. Our condolences to her mom, daughter, family. Ms Houston u r an angel. You will be miss. Rest in peace.

February 11, 2012 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  58. tim jenkens

This is such a shame. I wonder if it was drugs that killed her. I guess well find out in due time :- /
    here is the news clip:
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLW6uvKxzkE&w=640&h=390]

February 11, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Debbie

Heaven is listening to a BEAUTIFUL ANGEL tonight. I hope that she is forgiving those who are talking ill of her. She will always be a part of history, mine. RIP and may GOD be with her family.

February 11, 2012 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  60. VAL

SO SAD TO HEAR THE NEWS OF WHITNEY HOUSTON PASSING. I PRAY GOD CONTINUES TO WRAP HIS LOVING ARMS AROUND THE FAMILY. YOUR MUSIC WILL LIVE ON FOREVER. R.I.P.

February 11, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  61. BYtteeBoop2

Still very sadden by the news, and still in a bit of shock... Whitney you will be sorely missed but never forgotten, may you rest in peace and may God protect and keep your family (Bobbi Chris) in his care. We will always love you...

February 11, 2012 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Tara

you will be missed I was shocked and still is. May god give your family and give them strength we all are in the last days.

February 11, 2012 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Felicia

MY Condolences to the Houston & Brown family. Bobby Sr. & Bobby Jr. Hold on tight to God's hand. Even thru the divorce Bobby loved Whitney unconditionly and I respect that. "GONE TO SOON" BEST SAID BY MICHAEL JACKSON HIMSELF. To leave out of this world suddenly carries extra grief. Please dont stop loving her even thru death.

February 11, 2012 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  64. juney7

Dr. Drew and Jane Velez Mitchell should not be part of reporting Whitney's death. There's no stated cause of death yet, and their constant reference to drug addiction when no facts are known is sickening. During the trial of Conrad Murray, when it became more obvious from each day's testimony, that this sorry excuse for a doctor pumped Michael Jackson with enough drugs to anesthetize a whale, Drew and Janey Paney continued every day to blame the victim in their reporting. Let's give Whitney a few days to rest in peace before you two rip her to shreds.

February 11, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Neeko

I will always love you. Yes, great tune.

February 11, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Adara

R.I.P.

February 11, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  67. ministerj

The world should know by now, that all of us will keep this appointment with death, this is one appointment that you will not be late for, if you don't have it right with God, it is time to get it right, time waits for no one. I will pray for the Houston family, for now Whitney is in God unchanging hands, RIP Whitney, you will be sadly missed.

February 11, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Neeko

Those drugs (if involved) will get you every time. Let's pray not the case. Condolences and prayers for her family and children. Shocking.

February 11, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  69. ?

Crazy, another part of the 80s is gone.

February 11, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  70. JV

my favorite Whitney song is "I Will Always Love You". I remember my parents playing it in our car on road trips. I loved Whitney. I will truly miss her.

February 11, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Kat

This is beyond hurt I respected her as a singer and it is so sad how things turn out in the end for her. Singing in heavenly choir == you go girl!! Prayers to her family anf her daughter. RIP Ms. lady

February 11, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Val

I hope CNN will play the National Anthem that Whitney sang years ago, it was one of the greatest performances EVER!!!!
    gosh, this is a huge lost in the music industry

February 11, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Curtis Kirksey

Heaven now has Greatest Love Of All !!!

February 11, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Brit

If this was a case of drug abuse, we shouldn't judge her and say mean comments like she deserved what happened to her and it was her fault. You don't know what it's like to walk in a person's shoes. She tried to stop, but maybe she wasn't strong enough. We are human and none of us is perfect. So stop judging. I am so sad. But saddened most by the fact that she just couldn't get her life together by the time that she died. My prayers go out to her daughter and other family and friends of hers. Let us remember her for all the great things she accomplished and how she blessed us with a beautiful voice that we will never forget. We will always love you Whitney Houston! I hope to see you singing in the heavenly choir one day.

February 11, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  75. I.

My family and I are very saddened by this. Whitney was one of our favorite artists. Why are so many talented people dying as a consequence of drug addiction? It is a tragedy for the world to lose beautiful, truly talented artists who have touched our hearts with their voices and their music. My mother still remembers her first song. She was in college at the time. REST IN PEACE WHITNEY. YOU WILL BE MISSED.

February 11, 2012 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Rdb

This life is a challenge for us all. I pray peace and comfort to the friends and loved ones that knew her best. May God bless and keep her dear loved ones. I like many African Americans grew up mesmerized by her beauty externally and because she sang from her soul internally.

February 11, 2012 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Teresa

Those that claimed to love Whitney .....that got her involved with drugs & or enabled her to continue her downward spiral....tonight you are guilty of bringing her life to an end! Yes she had a mind of her own ....but until she became involved with the thugs & users ...she was a talented ,gorgeous person...who just wanted to dance with somebody! What a dance you gave her!!! Right into an early grave.
    What goes around comes around!!! You know who you are!!!!!!

February 11, 2012 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Betty

I I can't believe it, i loved her, there will never be another voice like hers. Shes with her heavenly father. love and will miss u

February 11, 2012 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Ellen West

God's blessings has always surrounded Whitney and made her a true survivor to the world. Thank You God for one of your many gifts of TRUE AUTHENTIC TALENTS that Graced the worlds listening ear. GOD send YOUR COMFORTER to Whitney's daughter, mother, family, friends and fans. Give them all PEACE during this time and beyond. Whitney, we will true miss your survivor spirit and your GOD Given voice. Talent like yours can not be found during this day and time, but we Thank You for giving us God given music to listen to for decades to come and beyond. We will always Love You Whitney. The West Family, Savannah, Ga.

February 11, 2012 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  80. melanie

I cant believe this....listenin to all her classics we love u whitney! !!

February 11, 2012 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Jackie

I am so heart broken from this sad news. Lord please be with her and welcome her in the "GATES OF HEAVEN" she was a amazing woman and because of things she learned along the way tormented her path or the Lord. RIP and no one can judge no one is perfect its just sad u are no longer with us.... XOXO

February 11, 2012 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Paris

It always hurt me to see a singer that I loved so much behave the way she did. I still think deep inside that she was a lady and wanted to be a lady. No matter how foolish she behaved, she was a wonderful singer and performer. I hate to see her go so badly.

February 11, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Nicola Powell

OMG. Am saddened, shocked and loss of words to explain how i feel. I grew up listening to Whitney. She is one of the greatest singers of all time. I LOVE YOU WHITNEY!! You will remain in my heart forever. Rest in peace.

February 11, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Sherri Conley

Another Great one gone to soon,Prayers going up to her family!

February 11, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Caitlyn

It was gunna happen soon or later not shocked at all!!! But rip we pray for you're children and family.

February 11, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Bia

RIP Whitney! Drug addiction is a killer. So young to die.

February 11, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Cynthia F

I am so saddened by this shocking news of the passing of Whitney,a legend with the voice of an angel!She will sorely be missed.Everyone is assumming it was drug related but we all know most things are NOT always as they seem,Out of respect for her and her grieving loved ones,I believe assummptions should be reserved until all facts are known,R.I.P Whitney you have left behind such a wonderful legacy and will be forever missed and loved! May God keep His loving arms around you!

February 11, 2012 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Yehuda Gershon

I am so sad to hear of Ms. Houston departure. I know she will finally find peace. She is dead but her music will live for ever. She left a legacy and music that will live for ever and could never be compared.

February 11, 2012 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  89. angie riley

One of the Greatest singers of my lifetime.
    There will NEVER be another singer like Whitney Houston.
    Just DEVASTATED by this news.
    We will always love you Whitney.

February 11, 2012 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  90. diamond

Wow, RIP Ms. Houston! May the angels in heaven give you the peace you longed for.
    CNN – watching the live coverage now. The reporter "Jane Velez" was very incorrect in her report that former drug abusers at some point relapse and continue a spiral of usage. That is not the case for every previous user! Her assumption was and is incorrect! Not every substance abuser who kicks their habit returns to that world. She must be young and lacking proverbs. I am disappointed CNN allowed such an inexperienced reporter speak live on such a sensitive matter and making reference to such a phenominal entertainer! Advise...do extensive research...never present your personal opinions! May God Bless all of her family members, especially her daughter and Mother. Stay Strong Bobby, your brothers are with you. You are in the right place tonight!

February 11, 2012 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeanice

FYI... Jane Velez has been a reporter for a long time! Plus, she's had problems with addition in the past herself, according to the book she wrote. She's not the young, inexperienced, just-gonna-throw-assumptions-out-there type of reporter you have accused her of being. Maybe it's you who needs to do some research.

February 12, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Dave

Luv killed Whitney!! The choices we make define our lives and destiny!! The moment she met Bobby Brown her fate was sealed. What u rub up against rubs off on you!! And we're all a product of our environment and/or associations. Choose carefully my freinds it only takes one bad one to change or end your life!!

February 11, 2012 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  92. SHAWN

she will be miss by all of us we grue up with here went to her concerts in the 80s and 90s so rip whitney

February 11, 2012 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Cesar in Los Angeles

Ms. Whitney: You'll always live on through your music. Thanks for your songs that touched my soul and helped me through hard times, including "The Greatest Love of All." Gracias, Ms. Houston!

February 11, 2012 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  94. PTSD MY STORY PLEASE LISTEN

Thank you for the beautiful music and movies. Now REST little ANGEL REST.

February 11, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Mark

I've always routed for Whitney to come back. I'm so sad right now. She brought so much joy to my life..there are .so many great moments I associate with Ms. Houston...RIP Queen of the Night. (Damn you to hell Bobby Brown)

February 11, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  96. T. Lungu

Now you will be in God's choir of angels. Rest in peace girl, no more struggles for you.

February 11, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  97. bethany

whitney we will dearly miss you no matter what went on your life.we all have problems you are gods gift i hope you are at peace.

February 11, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Canute White

She has left a rich musical legacy even for us in Jamaica. We will always love her and we in Jamaica WI would like to express condolence to her family.

February 11, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Rickymo57

I have no sympathy for her (for her daughter and family yes). This talented women (just like Amy Winehouse and a host of others) had all of the means to deal with their demons and for whatever reason they chose not to. Everyday alcoholics, drug addicts and other people suffering struggle but choose to beat their demons..and almost all of these people do not have the support systems and/or the financial means that she had and many others have.

February 11, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Theresa

yea well you don't know what she was actually going on.. We only get a glimpse. And it's like the 2 CC's of life for your choices there are consequences. But that for her to deal with. And god! Not none of you negative nellies to be bashing her. U didn't walk in her shoes!!

February 12, 2012 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  100. g

the "doctors" that give people like Whitney and Michael the drugs over the years that eventually kill them, should be jailed for life. I know we do not know what happened here and I hope you finally found the peace you have bee looking for Whitney. I feel so very bad for her daughter.

February 11, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Denise

My heart hurts, because Whitney was my idol when i was growing up and her voice was top of the charts. I loved her music and she was one of the greatest singers of all times, her voice inspired me to come out of my shell and sing.

February 11, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  102. bosede

Is it possible that cnn can show a better performance of whitney..please!
    R.I.P. WHITNEY

February 11, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Lori

Oh My GOD! Whitney will miss you dearly, you were are angle in song. To the Family God loves you and so do We you are in our hearts always................

February 11, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  104. tee tee

She will be miss she was a true DIVA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her music will forever live in my heart. My heart goes out to her daughter and her family.RIP You will always be the queen of R&B

February 11, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  105. GretelB

She sang one of the most beautiful renditions of the Star Spangled Banner ever. She fought quite a battle. I hope she has finally found peace. God Bless her daughter and those she left behind.

February 11, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  106. james

Um a junkie OD.....who cares.

February 11, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • tee tee

U need jesus!!!!!!!!!! life is to short for foolisness have a heart

February 11, 2012 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Queen Bee 1961

it's scary that people with your mentality walk freely among us!

February 11, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Theresa

James dont be such a moron, calling her a junkie, it doesn't matter what she was, she was a great singer songwriter mom, she will have to reconcile with god her issues, we lost an icon intje music industry. So back off the Bennie train! If u can't speak nice, then shut your pie hole!

February 12, 2012 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Tamika Bray from atlanta

I would not really want to pay attention to tis but she is related to my aunt. God have your soul to judge next rather it was crack or heart attack its No One Judement but God ask will you be ready we all are Sinners

February 12, 2012 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
    • marie perez

i hope you don't lose a loved one for the same reason the world lost her! i agree... you shut your pie hole!

February 12, 2012 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  107. jerry

R.I.P Whitney you will be miss dearly

February 11, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Mary Ann Manitta

I am so sad to hear of Whitney's death. Her voice was truly one of the most amazing voices in pop history. I wonder if she was able to realize how many people appreciated her talent and how her music touched her fans. RIP Whitney:(

February 11, 2012 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Patricia

I can't believe it?????....Rest in Peace Whitney. You will be sorely missed. There is now another Heavenly voice in Heaven.

February 11, 2012 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  110. mommajam

So sad.......what a waste...I always thought that she had the best voice in the world. I always hoped she would get herself back on track, and share her amazing voice with us.

February 11, 2012 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Noah K. Counts

Saddened beyond words. :(

February 11, 2012 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  112. tp gold

Sad news. Awesome voice powerful voice RIP

February 11, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Kenneth Van Wie

I, as many, am heart broken at Whitney Houston's death. Her voice was a gift to us all.

February 11, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  114. alicia from canton, ohio

Funny how i was just singing whitney's songs during my karaoke session at home. I love whitney and she will always be in musical rotaion in my home! R.I.P. Whitney!

February 11, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Tiffany

oh my Gid this is soo shocking and sad. my mother just told me the news. she was one of my favorite r&b singers from my childhood. i grew listening to her. am so sad right now.

February 11, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  116. jen

omg soooo sad

February 11, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  117. MISS FAYE

IT IS SO HEART BROKEN , SHE WAS BORN TO LEAD AND SHE DID JUST THAT ,I AM SO SORRY THAT SHE DIDNT GET THER CHANCE TO BRING FOURTH ANOTHER AWESOME CD IN WHICH I WAS LOOKING SO FORWARD TOO . MY HEART GOES OUT TO HER CHILD ,HER MOTHER AND BOBBY WHO DID LOVE HER SO MUCH MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN PEACE MRS WHITNEY HUSTON BROWN NOW GOD WILL LOVE YOU EVEN MORE AND TAKE CARE YOU

February 11, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Bobby

What a shocker! Crack addict dies OMG!!!! Callz the media!

February 11, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  119. D. Anzelmo

Gone but will not be forgotten.

THANKS BOBBY!!!!!!

February 11, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Mo

so sad , RIP WHITNEY, All the LEGENDS DIE YOUNG.

February 11, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  121. gstlab3

ANOTHER YOUNG PERSON HAS DIED BECAUSE OF THE HUMAN SCOURGE THAT IS DRUG ADDICTION.

THIS IS A HEALTH PROBLEM MENTAL AND OTHERWISE AND WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS MENTALITY THAT YOU ARE A BAD PERSON A CRIMINAL TO BE LOCKED UP AND THROWN AWAY.

THIS MAKES ME SAD AND VERY ANGRY THAT ANOTHER FELLOW HUMAN BEING WAS LOST TO THIS MOST HUMAN CONDITION.

IF DRUG ADDICTION WAS'NT TREATED AS A HORRIBLE CRIME IN THIS COUNTRY WE WOULD'NT BE READING THIS SAD NEWS HERE TONIGHT.

RIP WHITNEY.

I HOPE YOUR DEATH BRINGS SOME NEEDED CHANGE TO THE THE WAY WE TREAT PEOPLE SUCH AS YOURSELF.

February 11, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • John Q Public

Yo yo yo yo Dawg.....Crack is Whack! Crack is Whack.....Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyotch! Need some Mo of Dat Whack Crack!!!!

February 12, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  122. CheChe

LET'S CELEBRATE HER WONDERFUL LIFE AND CAREER- NOT THE NEGATIVE THINGS- LET'S JUST HOPE SHE HAD MADE PEACE WITH GOD AS WE ALL SHOULD BECAUSE ONE DAY THAT WILL BE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US-, PAPARAZZI, REPORTERS ETC..... LET'S NOT JUDGE!!!!!
    LET'S SEND OUT POSITIVE ENERGY AND LOVE TO HER FAMILY

February 11, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  123. De

....SUCH A 'WASTE'....OF LIFE

February 11, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Herk

So sad. So beautiful. So well liked. So talented. We will miss her.

February 11, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Theresa Gladstone-Foley

OMG. I can't believe this. Whitney Houston has always been the singer I have always tried to aspire to sing like. Her music and her voice is so beautiful.

February 11, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Peggie Almestica

omg!!!!! am so heart broken, sad abt this news I'm still in shock, i will miss u girl..... :(

February 11, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Adrienne

You DO realize that is a fake Mark Zuckerberg account, right?

February 11, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  128. tshoops

growing up in the 80's she was one of my idols.... amazing singer.... luv all her music. so sad, this is really hitting home you'd think she was a close friend and i'm only a fan.

February 11, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Mo

Deeply saddened by this , RIP WHITNEY , All the LEGENDS DIE YOUNG.

February 11, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Brenda E Jarrell

Whitney will truly be missed by EVERYONE!!!!! :(

February 11, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Betty

I'm watching CNN and who cares how Bobby Brown is doing he got her on the dope, sure she was an adult but she reallly loved him all he did was bring her down. All we want to hear about is Whitney Not Bobby

February 11, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeanice Coliron

You don't know that Bobby got her started on drugs. She may have been doing them before they hooked up. Even if she didn't, I doubt he forced cocaine up her nose! People should stop acting like they know things about people when in reality they're just guessing.

February 12, 2012 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  132. Kreena

I am deeply sadden by the the deathe of Ms. Houston she was my shero. She was my inspiration for singing. I will always love you and miss you. RIP Whitney.

February 11, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  133. steveinmpls

Sad for those of us still here. Happy for her. She got her promotion, Her lovely voice back and she can pee on her ex, BB, any time she wants. Now in the choir with The Frank, Marvin Gayle, Nat King Cole and many others. What a concert that must be.

February 11, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  134. what happen?

what happen?????

February 11, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sonja A. Moody

Hello,

I'm Sonja. I too am asking what happened. Whitney Houston was only 48 years old. Dies alone in a Hotel Room? Something seriously wrong there.Where were Friends and Family.

February 11, 2012 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  135. ldstep

So, so sad. Prayers to the family. R.I.P Whitney.

February 11, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Sherman

Whitney I will always love you girl! I will miss you Nippy! There will never be another like you. My god a voice like gold......

February 11, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Cylliah

Whitney! We will Always Love You! My heart aches for your family. We were blessed to witness your beauty and your God-given talents...gone too soon.

February 11, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  138. sherri

It is very sad that Witney is gone so soon. What gets me is all the publicly correct celebs and their "I'm shocked" comments. Everyone knows that she was still dabbling in drugs. That's like not understanding why Micheal Jackson OD'd on those meds he loved so much. I'm truly sorry but not surprised at all.

February 11, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • queenbee1961

Michael Jackson, didnt OD, he was killed. That's why someone is serving time for his death!

February 11, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • juney7

Michael Jackson was the victim of a homicide and his killer is in Los Angeles County Jail. Rest in peace, Ms. Houston, you were also one of a kind.

February 11, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • diane

you said it best..short and sweet...surprised...no..deeply saddened....yes..such a troubled soul..rest in peace in the arms of our Lord..sing in that heavenly choir,,,

February 11, 2012 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Samantha Tucker

Lord Why? The Greatest Gift Of ALL, RIP Whitney!

February 11, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rift

The greatest Gift of all! Crack.... RIP you junkie.

February 11, 2012 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Theresa

Rift u r an idiot! First and foremost! Along with a village idiot! Don't judge or make assumptions, she was a great singer song writer, she may have had inner demons but those aren't our business! She will take it up with the lord not u! And shame on you for bashing her at a time like this. Shows the lack there of your mentality.

February 11, 2012 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Bishop Antonio Burroughs

Whitney will never be forgotten. We pray now for her children and family. We are shocked!!!

February 11, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • don

who cares. one less drug head

February 11, 2012 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Theresa

don you are a moron!! And when the day comes for u to go to the pearly gates, your gonna have some repenting to do.
      Provided you don't somewhere else for your idiotic comments. You must be a rocket scientist right? NOT!!

February 11, 2012 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  141. rip

rip..

February 11, 2012 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hand

The most gifted female vocalist of all time was the victim of Booby Brown's corrupt influence. If she had never met that thug, she would still be singing!

February 11, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee

Hand...you can't blame Bobby Brown for what Whitney went thru. She was a grown woman. It may be that Whitney was in to drugs because of Whitney, her life style and the people she choose to have around her...and Bobby's use...just helped further it.

February 11, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • kanecia

I miss u whitney.My dad almosted cried whwn died.RIP

February 11, 2012 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Shevy

omg, whatttttt wow

February 11, 2012 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Bill NYE

Deugs take another

February 11, 2012 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Theresa

Quit assuming about the drugs and quit worrying who gets the money! She's only passed a hot minute ago! Have respect for her and her family. Ignorant people!!

February 11, 2012 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • JohnQ Public

Sup.....cant handle the pipe...stay out da kitchen! Sup! She were'nt that good either.

February 12, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Matt

The Mark Zuckerberg Twitter Account is a parody account FYI.

February 11, 2012 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • saul

she wanted to be white so bad that she killed herself

February 11, 2012 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Theresa

really people? You all must be village idiots! Let Whitney rest in peace, don't spew what you obviously don't know!

February 11, 2012 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  145. ANGIE MADISON

I'M SO SADDEN BY THIS NEWS, YOU WILL BE HIGHLY MISSED AND LOVED.

February 11, 2012 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vanessa Oliver

I I stijll cant believe this is true and i pray that there wrong. Whitney found god along time ago, shes in good hands you
      can rest now dear sister

February 11, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • joe

the important thing is, who gets the money??

February 11, 2012 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • v.jones

a true gift from GOD to the world ; remember we must worship the creator of all good things.Whitney
      has look to HIM!!!
      REST IN PEACE SWEET WHITNEY, AND MAY THE LORD KEEP YOUR FAMILY IN PERFECT PEACE IS MY PRAY!!!!

February 12, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cherylann Pecht

I will really miss Whitney Houston' and her music. It's a tragic loss in so many ways but, her music and her amazing talent are truly enduring. She is a great example to us all. R.I.P.

February 14, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |