Madonna stalker in police custody
February 10th, 2012

Madonna stalker in police custody

Madonna is likely breathing a sigh of relief right now: The Los Angeles Police Department tells CNN that Robert Dewey Hoskins, the man who's been convicted of stalking Madge and who escaped from a southern California mental hospital on February 3, has been apprehended.

Police tell CNN that he's now in police custody after being caught in Long Beach, California.

Investigators tell CNN that Hoskins, 54, already served his sentence in the Madonna stalking case and was just receiving treatment at the southern California facility. Detectives told CNN Friday that the facility where Hoskins was being held wasn't secured because he had already served his prison time.

However, the LAPD has a court order for Hoskins to be in a facility receiving mental health treatment until the end of August 2012. Police warned the public in an earlier statement, "Hoskins is highly psychotic when not taking his medication and has very violent tendencies."

1. Sokman

Dude just wanted his kid back. I heard Madonna steals at least one child from every tour stop. She thinks eating their souls & drinking their souls will keep her young

February 12, 2012 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  2. Lo Jenk

February 10, 2012 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Rob

Why does CNN even bother with blogs... I mean look at these posts...

February 10, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Leucadia Bob

February 10, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  5. awdam

Im surprised anyone could stalk her with all the dog pek ker gnats and green-eyed blowflies hanging around the ho!

February 10, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. marsha

I think she is the same girl that used to babysit my kids. Always talking about how she wants to be like Lady GaGa.

February 10, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Calvin

I think he saw a YouTube of the Super Bowl halftime show and gave himself up.....

February 10, 2012 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. @DUANE

A gay lesbeen fuudgepacker.

February 10, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  9. @DUANE

I sure bet you are gay. With a sissy same like duane plus you like madonna. YEP. I bet you are a fuudgepackers dream.

February 10, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Evie

Lol..I get a kick out of the comments on here. Uh..Is she from London Michigan? Cant place her accent.

February 10, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Sarah blackwell

Mayb they both need b in custody. Oh n btw. Spell check ya self LESBIAN iz not spelled LESBEAN

February 10, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. @ Duane

I don't have a problem with Madonna, I just feel that people waste their breath defending her and then bashing others for it. Let haters hate... that's what the majority of these people here are good at doing.

February 10, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Duane

Amazing all the haters here. Let me see if I can make you feel any smaller.
    Madonna set the current trends in music across the board. Not only did she rewrite the rules, she set the standard for many of the artists you all enjoy today.
    She has had a successful music career with many platinum records sold and a lucrative salary for one none of you will ever come close too.
    She has won an Oscar for best song and several Grammy's. Again how do you rate against her?
    Madonna had a dream and chased it, and not only succeeded but became an icon in the industry. For her age she looks 10 times better then women her own age and will continue to perform.
    You may not like her, and honestly I don't care. But before you blast her for being "old" remember you will be 50 one day and I hope karma catches up.

February 10, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Duane

She is talented, yes.

But, just because she makes so much money... that doesn't mean that she's better than us for doing it. More money, more problems.

February 10, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Duane

I never said she was better.....although I do find it funny that in my entire post you ignored everything except the money. Interesting.......

February 10, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Duane

That's because I agreed with the rest of it. I don't think I need to give you a pat on the back for that, do I? Accolades to me (her awards) mean just as much to me as her money does... nothing.

But, to put it another way, it proves that she is a true talent. A lot of artists would NOT be doing things if it weren't for her, and that I agree with. Call me picky with details, but I don't think accolades and income make good arguments to me. I don't think people are jealous of the accomplishments she's had. It's more that people are jealous of the talent she has unlocked that a lot of these people wish they had or wish they could unlock. All it takes is using the talents you have... which a lot of us don't, including myself.

February 10, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • It' Mondona's world and everyone else lives in it

the name says it all

February 10, 2012 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  14. dbfft

If you aint gonna show the stalker's face I dont wanna red this crap, just a random madonna pic

February 10, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Gg

Ok peeps..if madonna busts out a michael jackson. ja gonna cry . so be nice

February 10, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  16. socalpimp

Is the stalker "Father Time?" hahahahah

February 10, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  17. MASTRODAMUS

I wonder how tight that skin knot is on the back of Madonna's head.

February 10, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  18. longtooth

If she just married him, this problem would be solved. That's all he wants. He said if she doesn't marry him, he'll kill her. Seems like a reasonable guy.

February 10, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  19. .•|•.

I also heard he stalked Halle B. She asked the courts permission to leave the country when she heard he was loose. If he's so psychotic off his meds & they release him in Aug, who's gonna make sure he takes them? Scary thought.

February 10, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  20. greg

Easily the most untallented performer Ive ever seen. She makes that Snooki seem classy.

February 10, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  21. TOM

Is she some kind of lesbean? Madge sure sounds like a truck driving lesbean name to me. Probably a gay lesbean at that.

February 10, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  22. @palintwit

Good one! lol.

February 10, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  23. K8E

She is nothing but a cheap Lady GAGA impersonator. A wannabee.

February 10, 2012 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • KJM1968

No one wants to be like lady gag me.

February 10, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Duane

That is really a funny statement since Madonna was around before Gaga was even born and cough cough she ripped Madonna off with Born this Way.

February 10, 2012 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • M. Jay

Good grief K8E, Madonna has more talent in her smallest fingernail that lady googoo and if anyone is a wannabee it is googoo. You are nothing short of a blithering idiot.

February 10, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  24. AL

You are sure right about her class being lower. She is the lowest no class smelly no tallent s-kank on the planet. What is so funny is in her interviews she is always referring to herself as the next Lady GaGa. No way will she ever reach GaGas success.

February 10, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Badly-Bent

Taking into account his previous history; this guy should never get out. He is on a mission and should still be considered dangerous.

February 10, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  26. deb

Oh please let him go....maybe he justs wants to convince Madonna to put some clothes on and stop recording crappy music.

February 10, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Edwardo

How is it possible for someone to afford the money it would take to stalk someone who travels the world for a living? How would he know where she was? She's always disguised or surrounded by body guards.

February 10, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Roger Riddell

Madonna's concert tours seel out all over the world and consistently break ticket sales records... Not certain what you mean by "...at least 1 person will show up to her concert..."???

February 10, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • edwardo

I so agree with you. This woman is one of the most celebrated celebrities of all time, in my opinion. Plus, she did all of her self-promoting, she came from lower middle class. I think she's absolutely WONDERFUL !!!

February 10, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Jim Colyer

Madonna should be in police custody.

February 10, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Jeepers

So...he's dangerous to the public...but after August of this year, he's free to go? Well done there, courts.

February 10, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Rahsheem

Who the hell would stalk Madonna...yuck!!

February 10, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  32. @????

why? is there a need for it? btw, say her on another one.

February 10, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  33. jeff

Why would anyone want to stalk that sk-ankarella? She is oooold, fughly, and gross. Bet she stinks too.

February 10, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  34. JoJo

Man has no taste . He ought to be locked up.

February 10, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  35. NOT MY CHAIR

WELL THAT'S TWO WASTED NEWS ARTICLES ABOUT CRAP. SHOULD HAVE LET HIM STAY FREE AT LEAST ONE PERSON WOULD SHOW UP TO HER CONCERTS

February 10, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • juan

u mad bro?

February 10, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aaron

Awwww, this guy sounds cool she should invite him for Dinner that would be fun night.

February 10, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • DJ

Moron. Her concerts continue to set records.

February 10, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |

@ Juan – Don't say 'bro'. It is stupid. Thanks.

February 10, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

What's it to you? Get a life for God's sake.

February 10, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Duane

One person? She still sells out her concerts and has more money then you will ever see in 20 lifetimes. Don't be so jealous that she chased her dream and made is a success.

February 10, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Madonna 4 ever

Listen waste of SPACE , before you express hate against anyone especially women , go back home and order a Pizza and drink some beer , trash like you are examples of men , jerky's who hate Women cause they made something more of their lives that to live with their parents like you .. DONE..

February 10, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • jaintn

Not a Madonna fan, but I'm glad the whacko is back in a cage. I would hate to see any harm come to her or her children simply because she's famous and some weirdo's latched onto her. Oh, and Not My Chair, your remark is more than a tad thoughtless. The guy is insane and means her harm. Grow up.

February 10, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peter

I don't like U2, so I am going to pretend that their concerts don't sell out.

February 10, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobmc

he is wacko if he wants to be with her ... I heard A-rod limped away from that one .. Cottage Chees Slipper

February 10, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • BUBBLES

No, thank GOD they found him!!! I was so worried!! WHEW!!

February 10, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • 547454

I see teh gays are out in full force to defend their favorite crone..

February 10, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |