Hey, jealousy on 'Modern Family'
February 9th, 2012

Hey, jealousy on 'Modern Family'

Some of the better "Modern Family" episodes go on a theme. Wednesday night's was obviously jealousy.

First, Phil was jealous of his colleague, Tad, who seemed overly friendly towards Claire. In an interesting twist, however, it was Claire who alerted him to this, as he was oblivious at first. Phil didn't even bat an eye when Tad kissed Claire on the lips.

When the couple went to visit Tad, though, it turned out that he kisses everyone and everything on the mouth, including his dog. Phil drew the line at the fact that Claire liked his jokes, however: "You can kiss my wife, you can take her to bed, but only I can make her laugh... I want to go back."

It was another great guest turn by Greg Kinnear, and I hope we'll see more of Tad.

Meanwhile, Cam and Gloria were jealous of each other. With Cam, Mitchell and Lily staying over at the Pritchett-Delgados, Cam started to show up Gloria around the house. ("I know you can't tell by looking at me, but I'm not a natural homemaker," said Gloria. No way!)

Cam, on the other hand, was jealous that Gloria was such a natural maternal figure for Lily.

Of course, they get along so well in general, you just knew the jealousy wouldn't last. I liked their little kitchen tango towards the end of the episode (more dancing from these two, please).

Finally, this week's MVP, Jay, wouldn't lay off the lawyer jokes at Mitchell's expense, but he was very jealous that one of Mitchell's clients was a DJ hero of his (played by popular radio prankster and voice actor, Phil Hendrie).

Mitchell made Jay's day by getting the DJ to prank him, though, and Jay will ease up on the attorney-bashing from now on.

It was a good textbook episode, with some big laughs, but maybe not the most memorable one of the season, either.

What did you think? Was it good to see "Betty Luke"? Share your view on iReport or comment below.

1. lildeekayjayaye

No wonder why it seems that alot of society doesnt have a clear concience these days. Alot of the shows that are on t v are horrible. What ever happened to being respectful of others?

February 10, 2012 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  2. Sokman

A more fitting, yet probably just as stupid, troll-line for this blog could be; Good to see Al Bundy traded Peg in for a newer model. You gotta at least fit your troll-lines to the situation. Think like the troll... feel the troll... be the troll

February 10, 2012 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
  3. jell

stars have it made no other way bout it. i mean no what then can jett off if they get the least testy. we hate our jobs,
    they love theirs, go figure. women have destroyed men always remember lay u pay, what ever the girl says.. I don't
    even get it myself, and am girl. sophia is beautiful, bit 1 day she will not have her looks to stand on. been there. it
    would no good to tell her now she thinks she will always look like this. then 1 day she looks in a mirrow, what happend
    old man TIME, as he will with everyone in time. all the times we were really in love for real this time, i guess the other
    ones were fake. but real at the time

February 9, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  4. truthseeker

why are there inane comments about Family Guy- the show is MODERN FAMILY- big difference and the episode was hilarious

February 9, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Datch

Thank you!! I was wondering the same thing! Animated dog? Baby who smokes cigars? Cartoon? Do people who make comments here even have any idea what they're responding to??

February 10, 2012 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  5. .•|•.

Lol, my lil' t-maker, you did it again! Thanks for laugh!

February 9, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Marvin

animated comedy shows are for embiciles

February 9, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. timmy

: )

February 9, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Derp

You really enjoy talking to yourself, don't you, kid?

February 9, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. YES !

You tell em Observer ! It is a bad show ! Vulger obscene language for a cartoon ! I think it is made by mormons ! : )

February 9, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Observer

Another liberal show that is showing how hip it is to be gay.

February 9, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Milly

Tattoed mormons are scary ! Especially conservative ones ! I think they are gay lesbeans : ) : ) : )

February 9, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jeff

I agree with you 100 percent E/R. These animated series are just so lame. Seems like they could hire some real actors.

February 9, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Derp

Wow. This joke wasn't funny last week either.

Let me guess: Mormon! Lesbean! Tattooes! Conservative, Liberals!

Yawn. You STILL need new material; the trolling here has reached new depths of lame-ness.

February 9, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  14. E/R

This show is just so dumb. An animated talking dog and baby that also smokes cigars? Just lame. That Stewy kid gets on my nerves.

February 9, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Datch

Um.....there IS no animation (dog, baby, or otherwise) on Modern Famliy.

February 10, 2012 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Reincarnated Pope John Paul II

Dude, you are soooo right. I'm constantly complaining to Satan about that very thing.

February 14, 2012 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |