Nicole Scherzinger: I gave 'X Factor' 110 percent
February 8th, 2012

Nicole Scherzinger: I gave 'X Factor' 110 percent

If season 1 of "The X Factor" was "basically an audition act," as Fox's president of alternative entertainment, Mike Darnell, has said, former "X Factor" mentor/judge Nicole Scherzinger gave that "audition" her all.

The singer speaks on her recent, sudden departure from the series in an interview with "Access Hollywood," although she doesn't articulate exactly what happened with her exit.

"What happened? Well, all I know is that I gave 110 percent to that show," Scherzinger says. "I know everybody's talking about it, they're saying good, bad, they love me, they hate me, but one thing you can't say is that I didn't give it my all."

With "X Factor" behind her, Scherzinger is now preparing for a fast-approaching European tour and putting "the finishing touches" on the U.S. release of her album "Killer Love." In the end, she says, there aren't any hard feelings.

"I had a wonderful experience on the show," she says. "I loved being a part of my 'X Factor' family. Nothing could prepare me for everything I had to go through, all the emotions and stuff, but I have no regrets. I've always believed in never looking back and just moving forward, and I've got an amazing year to look forward to."

"X Factor" judge Simon Cowell isn't looking back, either, as he considers potential replacements for Scherzinger and former judge Paula Abdul.

The tough Brit, who brought "The X Factor" across the pond from the U.K. last fall, tells "Extra" in an interview that he doesn't feel any pressure to bring in major star power.

"Firstly, they are incredibly expensive," Cowell says. And "secondly, they have to make a time commitment, and on my show they have to work five days a week."

That sort of schedule is one of the reasons someone like Mariah Carey, who has been rumored to be considered for "X Factor," wouldn't be the best bet.

"I would love her," Cowell said of the idea of Carey joining "X Factor's" judges' table. "But you can't expect someone who just had two kids to make the kind of commitment you need."

On the rumors that he offered another new mom, Beyonce, $100 million for a year-long contract, Cowell says he has "no clue where that came from."

"The budget for the show is $100 million," he says, but even if he did have that kind of money, "I wouldn't spend $100 million on one person."

More important than star status, Cowell says, is personality. "They have to be interesting," he says of whomever steps up to the "X Factor" plate next. (Someone like Katy Perry would be "fun," he says, but "she's feisty.")

"I'm not playing this game where we have to compete on the level of A-lister stars.... you can lose focus on what the show is all about, and at the end of the day, the most important thing is the contestants."

Filed under: television • X Factor

1. Sasha

You like Nicole? Thought she was a good judge? Wow.... there really is no accounting for tastes!!

If Cowell had kept her, THEN he would have lost a few million viewers

February 9, 2012 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  2. Nancy

The only reason I watched X Factor was because Nicole was on it. I have been a fan of hers since Pop Stars/Edens Crush......so sorry Mr Cowell, you just lost one viewer of your 20 Million.

I can't stand chubby Christina...C-low is gross and rude – so no Voice for me.

Oh and by the way – I still watch American Idol ......it will always be the best talent show on TV

February 8, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. LoJenk

February 8, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Teri

Nicole is a talent. She did give her all, Simon needed to support his judges. After all he did pick them. I wish Nicole the best you are very talented and beautiful. don;t mind what people are saying u did give your all.

February 8, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • daniel

Oh come on, she was a horrible judge. Don't know about the singing, but as a judge and a person she was a self promoting with a highly suspect ability to trust her own ears.

One of the best decisions Simon made. The worst? Letting Cheryl Cole go who was way better than NS.

February 9, 2012 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  5. LOL@Nicole

Sherzinger has no talent whatsoever. When she was a judge on the Sing Off, all she ever did was repeat what the other judges said. And when they asked her to give her comments first, she never had anything substantive to say at all. All she ever said was "wow, ohh, ahh, blah blah blah." I'm 110% convinced she was canned for being terrible as a judge. No hard feelings my a$$. She botched a sweet gig, and now has to focus on her so-called album and tour. No chance that album sells more than 100,000 copies, after which the tour will be summarily cancelled – i.e., "postponed for personal reasons" or some other BS like that. Nice to see a no-talent star finally get zinged for not having any talent.

February 8, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Tracie

I bet she licked his butt h@le. I sure would!

February 8, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. John

So tired of that cliche´line about "giving 110%." It means nothing and is impossible to to do. Why not just use another tired expression that is at least possible, like, "I did the best I could," or even "I gave 100%"? Otherwise, why not just say, "I gave one trillion bazillion percent"? It would sound just as ridiculous.

February 8, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Pacheeco

Dear Nicole,

There is no such thing as 110% ..

February 8, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Richard Fore

I wonder if Simon can lick his balls, he seems like a good sport & he should give it a try.

February 8, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |