New 'Hunger Games' trailer: What do you think?
February 3rd, 2012

New 'Hunger Games' trailer: What do you think?

The countdown is on for "The Hunger Games" (48 more days to go!) and a new trailer has arrived.

It's only a minute and a few seconds long, but the intensity of the scenes used is enough to make even those who haven't read the books raise a brow of interest.

As with the first theatrical trailer, we see Katniss Everdeen, the 16-year-old heroine of Suzanne Collins' novels, volunteer to take her younger sister Primrose's place in the televised battles teens are forced into in this dystopian tale.

This time around, we also see a hint more of Oscar nominee Jennifer Lawrence's performance as Katniss, as she has a difficult exchange with her childhood friend Gale (Liam Hemsworth) and heads to the Capitol.

She also encounters characters like Caesar Flickerman (Stanley Tucci), Cinna (Lenny Kravitz), Effie Trinket (Elizabeth Banks) and her competitor/love interest, Peeta (Josh Hutcherson).

"The Hunger Games" will be released on March 23.

Filed under: Hunger Games • movies • Trailer Park

1. казуальные игры

Wow, amazing blog format! How long have you been blogging for? you make running a blog look easy. The total look of your website is fantastic, as smartly as the content material!

April 25, 2012 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  2. cursos a distancia gratis

Helpful info. Fortunate me I found your site unintentionally, and I'm shocked why this twist of fate did not came about in advance! I bookmarked it.

March 30, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

WHO U CALLIN' A MANIAC?!?!

March 14, 2012 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  4. doggydog12

u psycho, maniac.

March 13, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Ya. Its my name. I like it.

March 13, 2012 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. doggydog12

Um. gr8. BTW is that ur name!? like the monster!?

March 12, 2012 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Haven't read the book. But it's everywhere! Sorry people. (p.s, @ my school, u can't walk 3 ft. without seeing a mocking jay pin.) :) (:

March 12, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Vanesa

Wow, I can't believe how many harsh comments there are on this. I guess its all adults or something. And everywhere else I have gone I saw positive comments. Well, I loved the books and the movie will be great, so...

March 8, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Tia O.

Has anyone read the "Battle Royale" anime series? It has distinctive similarities to "The Hunger Games" and I read them 10 years ago. It is possible the author never heard of BR, but i'd check with my attorneys anyway just to be sure they wouldn't give me any problems.

March 8, 2012 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  10. Shelize

I love the books. They got better as they went on. Although they are dark they really speak volumes. I think they speak to having smaller government. Even in district 13 the government over rules everyone, so the people go from to another. Does that make the books liberal or conservative? Does it matter? No. Enjoy the books & movies for what they are and hopefully will be. Good.

February 27, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mar M.

Reading "The Hunger Games" reminded me of a crazy mix between "The Truman Show", with the aspect of cameras being everywhere, and the "Gladiator", with its brutality and the Capitol spectators' hunger for viewing said brutality. Other comments elsewhere have compared "The Hunger Games" to "Battle Royale" (which I never read or saw). Nonetheless, "The Hunger Games" was a real page turner in that it was well written despite its disturbing content. I look forward to reading books 2, 3 and the movie in March. I just hope that the movie lives up to the hype, is true to the book and its intended message.

February 20, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Gio D.

The Hunger Games ?, are they the games that are played by the Lot Lizard who resides at 221 Citruswood Ct. Davenport, FL 33837 ?

February 17, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jeni

Although the books are dark (liberal??) I thought that they provided a deep examination of the effects of war on children- (when is it right or wrong to lie/steal/kill?). To enjoy the movie it will be important to accept it as an interpretation of the book- is Katness pretty? Who gave her the pin? Will there even BE morphine? I'm anxious to see how the producers portray the book and if it will effectively convey the same strong messages.

February 17, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  14. darkhorse

I haven't read the books... What's "Liberal" about them?

February 16, 2012 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Bike quill

In case you are involved in healthcare charging and delivering boasts digitally, merely making sure every single state will be ok just isn't enough. You can find truck data, which have to ...buy bike trailers

February 10, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Games hidden objects

There are many options to take into consideration should you be considering leisure for an nighttime event. It may be a new team-building action, a particular christmas portion event …games

February 9, 2012 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  17. Legendary

I'm not sure about this film. I mean don't get me wrong, The Hunger Games possess a uniqueness that many other authors deny from some of their stories. Read first two and am on the Mockingjay. But some things that this trailer gives away worries me. Like the fact the Katniss gives Primrose the Mockingjay pin. Madge was the one to give it to Katniss if you recall from the book and Madge is a significant figure in the stories in a sense. Like how in Catching Fire, she is how Katniss and her mom obtains the morphine for Gale after his beating. Hmmm.....I'm not sure how they're going to fix this minor yet crucial detail.

February 8, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Jewel

Maybe you should read all of the books before you put negative comments about the movie on here. Its a great book and hopefully the movie will do it justice. From what I can tell it will. Have a great day :)

February 8, 2012 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  19. mew

Overall, everything looks prettier than it should be. I never expected Katniss to be that beautiful. You have to fill a movie with pretty people to draw crowds though.

February 7, 2012 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Leo

In the books Katniss WAS very pretty. The whole appeal to the masses, the "Girl on Fire" nickname and all the focus on her dresses and television appearances. She was attractive because she was humble, yet physically attractive too. People love other people who are attractive and don't know it.

February 8, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  20. Barjack

I love the "liberal garbage" quote. Because a dystopian cautionary tale with the underlying theme of huge, unilateral government controlling its people isn't something Ayn Rand would have written about. I guess John Galt is another ediface of liberal garbage. Perhaps we should ask Ron Paul.

February 6, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  21. rh

this movie looks lame as hell..........

February 6, 2012 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  22. Charles

Wow this is a original idea for a book and a movie....its nothing like the The Running Man but with kids.

February 5, 2012 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
    • drake

You're right. It's nothing like the Running Man, with or without kids.

February 8, 2012 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  23. Oracle

"Oscar nominee Jennifer Lawrence"

You should fact check... she is not an oscar nominee. She announced the oscar nominees on Jan 24.

That being said, the trailers were both amazing. Really looking forward to the movie.

February 5, 2012 at 4:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Gary

She was nominated for an oscar last year . She is the second youngest Oscar nominee for best actress in a leading role. Easy to check.

February 5, 2012 at 5:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Douglas

YOU should fact check. She is a Best Actress nominee for "Winter's Bone".

February 21, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Adam

To all the people with negative comments about the books and/or movie, please read the books and be informed before you formulate you're opinions.

February 5, 2012 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  25. Christa

Some of ya'll need to chill out and stop over thinking about it. It's a book, it's a movie, and for a lot of us it will be entertaining. That's it. Stop making it something it isn't.

February 5, 2012 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  26. AJ

The first trailer is amazing, better than this one. Even though the first trailer gives away most of the story it is way more suspenseful & easier to understand. Can't wait for the film!

February 3, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Arrowynn

I found the books disturbing and they actually gave me nightmares. As a person, it made me think about how that government was showing everyone that they had complete control. But to read what Katniss and Peta went through was heart breaking and it showed they would never give up the fight for freedom. I don't know if the movie will do the books justice or not. That remains to be seen. I am not sure the movies can capture all that was read in the books

February 3, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Lisa

I loved the books and can't wait for the movie. I agree with previous post and just hope the movies are done well. So far, from what the trailers have shown, I'm very interested.

February 3, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Djs wow!

I agree! If you're going to the midnight show then you're going to behappy for te rest of your life!!!! I know i'm going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

February 16, 2012 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Observer

Liberal garbage. These books should never have been published.

February 3, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • K

Have you even read them?

February 3, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lydia

Um, you know some of us actullly enjoy this stuff so i'd appriciate if you keep your feelings to yourself, thanks.

February 3, 2012 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • TS1

Don't feed the Trolls.

February 4, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Damon

There is nothing in these books that is overly "liberal." In fact, you could reasonably claim the opposite.

February 4, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Djs wow!

Really!!!! >:) You've obyessly haven't read the books.

February 16, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • abc123

They can be published, nobody is forcing YOU read them Jack@$$

February 19, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • huskyfan1998

What the hell is wrong with u these books are great literal garbage my ass. by the way kiss it

February 21, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kel

I think they were slightly overrated, but they are bad enough to never be published. They were a good read.

March 2, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Leo

The books were fun reads, pretty intense and go in directions you wouldn't expect. If the movies are done well, and not treated the same way as the Twilight movies were, this could be a great trilogy of movies! I look forward to being able to watch this trailer when I am not at work!

February 3, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |