New 'Bachelorette': I feel like a hypocrite
February 3rd, 2012

New 'Bachelorette': I feel like a hypocrite

When reports began circulating that Emily Maynard had been chosen as the new "Bachelorette," we were a bit skeptical, given that Maynard had previously expressed displeasure with being in the spotlight.

Now that she's officially looking for love with the aid of ABC once again, Maynard, 25, is admitting that she feels somewhat insincere.

Acknowledging to People magazine that she did say she had "no intentions of ever being the next 'Bachelorette'" when her engagement to Brad Womack ended last summer, she says she "genuinely meant that" at the time.

"I feel like the biggest hypocrite," she admits, "because I said that and now I'm doing it."

Her change of heart was propelled by the fact that she has found romance because of the dating reality show once before.

"I know it can work," she tells People. "I fell in love the first time, and no, we didn't end up getting married. But in the end, just falling in love for me is a success."

"The Bachelorette" will begin production near Maynard in Charlotte, North Carolina, next month, and the single mom of one admits she's feeling nervous.

"It hasn't really hit me, what I've signed on to do," she says. "I'm scared to death."

1. paddy1030

How on earth can anyone find her interesting to watch, I never saw a what he saw in her, and I never saw emotion or passion with her, it was LITERALLY like watching pain dry. Its people like her that find love that have no personality and no life and are boring but everyone looks at her outward appearance and all of a sudden she is worth the time, pathetic!

February 19, 2012 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  2. sunsohot

I haven't watched Bachelor/Bachelorette in years. Too much drama, too much "instant" in and out of love. If they waited a few seasons and had a total recycle show (a la all stars) I might check it out just to see some oldies mix it up with the young stuff. BTW: checked this story just to see who "Emily" is and why she's news.

February 14, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Kathryn

Love it! I am going to watch. I wanted her to be a bachelorette. She is interesting to watch.

February 10, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Ms Arizona

Well Emily YES YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE! You bashed Brad because of the things he did during the show with other contestants, but like they say KARMA IS A B....EAUTIFUL THING.

February 10, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Nancy

Would also like to see new faces... she seems nice... and glad she left Brad... if someone that pretty cannot find love without a reality show... that says a lot for the rest of world... also maybe she should eat she looks anorexic...

February 8, 2012 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  6. Bob

The people who say they are sick of the show and the recycling of contestants will be the first ones to run to their TV sets to watch the new Bachelorette. They are the hypocrites when it comes to saying one thing and doing another. The fact that they followed the show in the past means they have little else to do in their lonely, desperate lives.

February 7, 2012 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
  7. Clara

Now I heard she would consider dating bad boy Bentley from Ashley Hebert's season. Eck! Never mind I'll watch something else!

February 5, 2012 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  8. Beth

How can she justify doing this when she said the reason she couldn't be with Brad was she couldn't stand watching the episode on Monday and seeing him with the other women. She thought she was the only one he was being affectionate with so how does she think she is going to be any different? $$$$$, that's why!!

February 3, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joan

You are a hypocrite. I will not be watching, will probably be even more boring than this season of the bachelor.

February 3, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Paula

She should feel like a hypocrite! She's the one that didn't like all the attention and the spotlight, what does she think is going to happen now! And she was not happy about her daughter meeting a man who may not be a part of her life for long, nor did she want a man who her daughter didn't like, so what the heck is she going to do on hometown dates?? Dumb broad...

February 3, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Robin

I agree, Emily had her chance. I wouldn't be surprised if they pick Kim Kardashian for the next Bachelorette. hahahahaha

February 3, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Buddy

I'm not a reality type tv viewer. If you have to go on a tv show to find the love of your life, well that's just plain sad. My question would be, what exactly is wrong with these people that they think they will find their soul mate in that fashion. It baffles my mind!

February 3, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  13. Pee Wee Morris

I am sick of all the recycled contestants. I want to see some new faces. Apparently ratings for the show are still high but I find that hard to believe. I know my friends and I haven't watched the past two seasons due to the same old faces. Emily had her chance, give someone new a try.

P.S. Yes, I know it's scripted and trashy but I like the ridiculous drama that goes on with the women. No one can find real love that way but it's like a train wreak that I can't stop watching. :-)

February 3, 2012 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Boo Emily

I rememeber reading an article that said viewers prefer to watch reality contestants that they have seen before and feel like they know. Like Big brother and Survivor have All star seasons and they are the most watched, Or when reality stars crossover to another reality show. You feel like you already know them and want to see what they do next.
      So I think that is why they use someone from the previous season.

About Emily being the bachelorette….. I think that is completely unfair!
      We already had Ashley from that season as the bachelorette.
      And besides, Watching her that season was like watching paint dry. I honestly didn't see what Brad seen in poor wounded Emily. Everything she said had some relation of sympathy for herself.

February 3, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  14. trisha

I think she is a d oo d oo snacker.

February 3, 2012 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  15. trix are for kids

She obviously doesn't know what success means if she's back on the show again. Sometimes I wonder why people need to be part of an overdramatic show just to find their "soulmate."

February 3, 2012 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  16. Madtown

New 'Bachelorette': I feel like a hypocrite
    ---–
    It's ok, I'm sure whatever amount they're paying her to sell out her dignity will take the sting out of that feeling. Besides, "hypocrite" is one of the nicer things she'll be called, now that she's going to be on this ridiculous show.

February 3, 2012 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Susie

I think we should all send a very strong message to the producers of the Bachelor/Bachlorette –wake up before the audience leaves you. Sick of the recycle of people....Emily, Really? She should feel like a hypocrite. Spotlight Emily, joking right. Ego needs a lot of pumping, let the guys drool, you do what Brad did and come back and tell us You love Brad, you just couldn't handle the attention. I am so done watching this show, no one understands love..put us all to rest and cancel the show!

February 5, 2012 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |