February 3rd, 2012

Michelle Obama and Ellen Degeneres show off their guns

Michelle Obama has some rockin’ arms.

She took the country by sleeveless storm when soon after becoming the country’s first lady, she trumped tradition and wore what she wanted, showing off her muscular biceps.

Mrs. Obama put those guns to work recently during a  trip to the "Ellen DeGeneres Show" where the 54-year-old DeGeneres challenged the 48-year-old first lady to a push-up contest. Judging by the video above who do you think won?The first lady's  athleticism and devotion to health factor in to her current advocacy as spokesperson for her “Let’s Move” campaign which marks its 2nd anniversary on February 9.

CNN is sitting down soon with the first lady, and we’d love for you to participate (and if you like, share an update from your community on how people are combating childhood obesity).

Post a video for Mrs. Obama by noon ET on Tuesday, February 7, and you could see her answers soon on CNN.com! (Please keep it short – under 15 seconds works best for video questions.)

Post by:
Filed under: Ellen DeGeneres • television

« Previous entry
  1. Arun

21:59. I suddenly reeembmred about the sale. I clicked on Buy now and to my utter amazement it led me through to Paypal. Finally I'd done it after missing out for a few seconds the previous times! Proudly I thought I'd become one of the fastest mice in the West (of Europe).

March 14, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. sunnyann

i love ellen...............but wont watch this one

February 6, 2012 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  3. Adara

Lmao..sh!t that's funny, @jb2817. She would go to town with that, huh? Cherry cream pie and don't forget the topping. lol

February 6, 2012 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  4. Cora LDS

;( ;) GROSS AND ICK :( :( I WAS CELEBRATING FOR NOTHING. YOU ARE 100 RIGHT. NEXT SUNDAY. OH WELL. ;( :(

February 5, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. duster

Gotta agree with Bart – Ellen had better form.

February 5, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Kathryn

I don't like Ellen & was only watching because I was home sick that day- nothing against Ellen, just not a talk show person is all.

A first lady & roll model for some like Mrs. Obama who is actually into fitness and not just sayiing it's a good thing is awesome. Both of them are to be commended for being physically fit, which most people aren't anymore at any age. I don't see anything undignified about it, she was dressed properly for exercise and it was the Ellen show, not a diplomatic function. Judging by appearances, the Obama family are all healthy & physically fit and that is to be admired in this great land of sedentary fat people who eat junk food & complain about the side effects.

February 5, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Cora LDS

:) :) THE WALKING DEAD IS BACK ON ! SEASON PREMIERE TONIGHT ! WE APPROVE OF IT HERE IN MORMOPN TOWN ! :) :)

February 5, 2012 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  8. rod

@cop thanks for your input ...... but I still saying hi to Good ppl here

February 5, 2012 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  9. Adara

Lol...at comments. So what if she wants to drop to the floor and do push ups. Would you rather if they had a pie eating contest?..lol . I don't Laura Bush can even get on her knees..lmao

February 4, 2012 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  10. rod

Thank u Sadie....... and hope u have a great weekend as well:)

February 4, 2012 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  11. BART SIMPSONSSON

Biceps are not the muscles that propel the body when doing pushups. Pushups are powered by triceps and deltoids. The pushups were actually less than half-pushups, especially by Moochellle. But with the obamas, as usual, it's is do as I say, not as I do (actually the entire Ruling Class subscribes to that mantra, and in fact, lives by it completely).

February 4, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stephanie

1) Scared to use your real name? It's easy to hide idiocy, bias and hate behind a false name.
      2) Moochele? Really
      3) Obama...the O is capitalized. Like Bush, Cheney, Reagan and Carl Rove. However you feel, it is correct to capitalize the first letter of any proper name. I didn't care for Bush or his cronies but still showed respect to the office by not disrespecting his wife (although it would have been easy). I also referred to him and his wife by their proper names. Grow up and learn to express yourself like an adult, Bart Simpson.

February 8, 2012 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Sly Sadie

Hey rod- I'm good. Happy Weekend to you!

February 4, 2012 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Black Rat

@mom it`s site not stie and you have the nerve to call someone an idiot!wow!

February 4, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stephanie

*sigh*
      Let's go all the way with this, Mr. Rat:
      "I" should be capitalized in "it's" as you're starting a sentence. After the first (unnecessary) exclamation point you should leave a space. The "wow" also should have been capitalized.
      Perhaps you should review your status as an internet grammar/spelling enforcer and clean your own house before commenting on other people's inaccuracies.

February 8, 2012 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stephanie

I apologize for not mentioning this in my prior post: "and" is not meant to bind together two unrelated sentence fragments. I would suggest studying the use of colons and semicolons; i.e. their proper use and placement. Your grade school grammar teacher would be so proud of her little boy.

February 8, 2012 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  14. original nunya

goooooooobama

February 4, 2012 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  15. rod

Very good to see the. First lady partake ans show. She is in shapw a s well

And hey hw are u Sadie :)

February 4, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Black Rat

Wow!! It`s not the current first lady fault that the last first lady was a robot, instead of being normal.

February 4, 2012 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  17. EMILY

I dont know. I kind of like the Obamas. I think he has done alot better job than people give him credit for. When he took office the banks had just failed. Things are sure better now. Not perfect, but still a thousand times better. Plus he isnt a corporate raider like the mitt.

February 4, 2012 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  18. Sly Sadie

I applaud the first lady for her stance on childhood obesity. Being physically fit like she is, sets a good example for our youth & the rest of the country. Dropping and doing 25 pushups shows she practices what she preaches. I'm pretty sure no other first lady could match her, either.

February 4, 2012 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  19. Peg Stella

Two of my favorite women. I loved this but was sure that Mrs Obama, with her daily workout, would beat Ellen Mr. O can probably take Pres. too. She is a great example for kids as well as women.

February 4, 2012 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  20. Annette

All of these so-called comments are just plain ignorant...wow!

February 4, 2012 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  21. Jen06

Kind of hard to picture Jackie O or Laura Bush dropping to the floor...No dignity here.

February 4, 2012 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  22. Arnold

Kind of easy to do 25, especially when not done properly. Ellen's form was better than Michelle, but still both of them should take the chest to within 3" of the floor, and then back up.

February 4, 2012 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  23. jb2817

Ellens got some stones going up against a wookie like that. They've been known to pull peoples arms out of their sockets if they lose at something.

February 4, 2012 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  24. Estuardo

I enjoyed Bo's birthday message for Ellen, but I would have thought that someone would have taught him the difference between lie and lay. With all of those degrees?

February 3, 2012 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Climp Jones

what about mud wrestling?

February 3, 2012 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Gahh

What is Ellen's reputation? She's Gay, not a Wall Street Banker.

February 3, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  27. JC Keepitreal

Appearing on her show was a misstep for the First Lady. The First Lady should never appear on a show with Ellen due to Ellen's reputation. Big mistake!

February 3, 2012 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • mom

Idiots must come in pairs on this stie.

February 4, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • @ mom

No, they come in threes (you're the third). Next time contain your excitement before posting. You might actually avoid spelling errors or typos.

February 6, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • AlsoMom

So you think that making a typographical error is equivalent to expressing hatred? Scary stuff.

February 6, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Ted

Nothing like being one of the boys....what a weird thing to do. First ladydude?

February 3, 2012 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  29. original nunya

wow ellen is pretty hot although statistically as a man i have no chance of banging that crosseyed stare out of her..its all trash anyway

February 3, 2012 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |