Jamie Lynn Spears talks being a teen mom
February 3rd, 2012

Jamie Lynn Spears talks being a teen mom

Jamie Lynn Spears is likely a name you haven't heard in a few years, and that was by design.

The former Nickelodeon star tells Glamour magazine in its March issue that she intentionally stepped away from the spotlight after she got pregnant at 16.

Spears, who turns 21 in April, recalls that in 2007, after she finished filming Nickelodeon's "Zoey 101," she thought she'd go back home to Louisiana and finish school - but then she found out she was pregnant.

"I'd had one boyfriend," she tells Glamour. "It doesn't make it perfect or all right. But I was judged for something that probably most everyone does. I was young. I was in love....And I made a decision that is forever my decision."

Spears says she believes "in safety and birth control," but "was scared to go to the doctor." Plus, she was on a kids show, "and it felt especially embarrassing to ask someone to put me on birth control."

After she learned she was pregnant, Spears says she did feel responsible for her audience, whom she feels she may have let down or confused. "I apologize for that," she says. "But I wasn't trying to glamorize teen pregnancy...Everybody is dealt a hand of cards. It was my choice to play them the way I played them."

And so, she and the father of her child got engaged and moved to Mississippi, where she could "get away from [the criticism] as much as I could, to just go away and be a mom and figure out what I wanted, and earn a sense of respect back for myself...All I could be was a good mother. If anybody had anything to say after that, there was nothing I could do."

In 2009, following the dissolution of her engagement, Spears and her daughter Maddie headed to Nashville, where the young mom has taken up songwriting and is performing again.

"The last time anyone heard from me, I was 16 and pregnant," she says of preparing herself for critical reactions to her music. "All I can do is my best. There will always be people who will never like me."

But aside from her career, her daughter still takes top priority, Spears says. "These days, the only thing I'm afraid of is not being a good mom. As long as Maddie is healthy and she loves me, the rest doesn't matter."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. MoonBee

Isn't it rather funny that Jamie went on to become a mother and get her life in order, yet there are tons of girls on sixteen and pregnant who got pregnant just to be on that stupid show, as for Teen mom, aren't half of them in Jail or been to jail. Jamie did things right, she got out of the spot light raised her daughter away from the crazy people and got to a point in her life where she can focus on her career again, and she has talent more so than anyone else. All of you negative people need to stop being internet jerks, after all i am sure that none of you would ever say any of that to her face.

February 8, 2012 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  2. was 16 and pregnant once...

All of these girls on the MTV or the sister of a famous singer, or whomever getting pregnant at 16. So did I. I'm 26 now, The girls on the "teen mom" shows glam up getting pregnant, she's 21 now, she's probably been 21 for around 10 years now, she had some class about it, whether she is a deep south girl, or a WHITE girl, or a rich girl, everybody has something to say about where she came from and stereo types... I'm white, poor and live up north, things happen at least she took responsibility, now, may I please get a reality show and make a bunch of money for having 2 kids by 21 with 2 dads, I could use her kind of money :)

February 6, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mommy

Wow.... I don't believe at any age any one person is ready for parenthood. Congrats to Jaime for accepting her consequences to her actions.

February 6, 2012 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  4. b dog

Just because u have tats dosent mean u are a trailer park trash our u are less then every body else but if u get pregnant at 16 its hard to say to say that u aint a freak..

February 6, 2012 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  5. Cindyb62

The thing is she realize that her baby is forever, but she's happy and doing well. But Solange Knowles was the same age, working for a childrens show, a glorfied teen pregancy?

February 6, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  6. Allison

I have a lot of respect for her, she did what was best. Not only for herself, but for her fans.

February 6, 2012 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  7. Michael

Jamie Lynn gets pregnant and she disappears...and takes care of her kid. Bristol Palin, on the other hand.....leaves her kid to other people and runs off to Hollywood. Call the girl a redneck if you want, but she took responsibility.

February 6, 2012 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
  8. rickmahal

taz.....so why is our economy in the shape its in? where are the jobs? why does raising taxes ever help us? all it does is cause misery

he is gone book it....

February 5, 2012 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Listen!

Obama! I do thank him for his great work! He has A1 class! Jamie! Good job!

February 5, 2012 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. speculate

She is doing the right thing, good for her. The rest of you can eat my st.ool samples!

February 5, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  11. taz

@rick.i believe if obama take a pis-s wrong...u'll complain abt that...

February 5, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  12. taz

@rick...obama has rectified every error bush has ever create. The stock market is above 12 thousand...more troops are with their families..he put it on bid laden azz...something that bush fail 2 do..yet u critize

February 5, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  13. taz

Some of yall mothers was fuc-n at 16....they just gave ur siblings up 4 adoption or had an abortion..but your judgemental azz would never know

February 5, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sophie

:Not like other ancient celuurts, foods was normally plentiful in ancient Egypt. The Egyptians relied on the yearly flooding of the Nile to produce fertile lands that yielded crops that fed the masses. Scenes of animal husbandry and butchery, were a fixture on the walls of Egyptian tombs. No much less unusual, are scenes of fishing and fishermen along with images and hieroglyphs about the preparation of fish for eating, and pictures of birds and foul staying plucked and preserved.

March 16, 2012 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Nina....

GoooooøOOOO...... jamie! WHAT DOES'NT KILL YOU,ONLY MAKES YOU STRONGER.....KEEP SMILING MAMA JAMIE.....

February 5, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  15. [Rock]

She did nothing wrong, it is a law of life for women to have kids, besides he did it for love ... So let it be you folks with nothing else to do than being nosey in others life

February 5, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  16. rickmahal

To the lady who told us how you do things up North....we southerners have been hearing this trash since the Carpetbaggers got down here....So stay up there we dont need anymore idiots down here like where you live we dont need anymore. one more thing...why not retire up there also...Thank You and Roll Tide Roll...

February 5, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  17. rickmahal

To poster #72. Since you spoke so highly of COMRADE Obama. Enjoy him while you can. and next January we can all wave Bye bye to his Socialistic/Muslim loving ways and maybe save this nation. not to mention getting people jobs and make a decent living for all...

February 5, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Maude

Leave her alone' you are idiots!

February 5, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Annette

I can't believe the haters. I wish her and her child the best. She is maturing and has become more responsible.

February 5, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  20. rcd

So why is this girl new worthy? What parent whats to hear from an unwed mother? What child needs to hear from a person that has squander opportunities. Wait...this IS news...i forgot...real news doesn't matter anymore.

February 5, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  21. jayleigh

so wat she was pregnate at 16...since shes famous guess thats not right according to yall...well wats the difference between her being pregnate at 16 n the show on mtv called 16 n pregnate? maybe its cause she was pregnate b4 that show came out...mayb its cause she was already famous n the girls on that show become famous..oh well..jamie did wat she did..its done its over n for her to step out of the spotlight prlly was the smartest thing she did...atleast for 5years she didnt have to read junk from half u ppl...

February 5, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  22. Mandingo

Pregnant or not I'd still bend her over and give her what she needs

February 5, 2012 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  23. Carissa

Ok if you have children think about what they would think of you if they seen the hurtful things your saying. trash talking a little girl who did something 85% of you people also did makes you a hypocrite move on and keep your comments to yourself. im proud of her i was also a teen mom and its difficult thankfully i had graduated high school and wasnt in the medias spot light. HAVE SOME RESPECT AND DIGNITY PEOPLE

February 5, 2012 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  24. Dani

Children, behave yourselves. It's not anyone's place to judge a perfect stranger.

February 5, 2012 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  25. Listen!

This has nothing to do with Obama! I LOVE HIM AND HIS FAMILY! And I WILL NOT STAND FOR ANYONE WHOM BASH THEM!!! On Jamie,she is Doing better than you people that are bitter! GO TAKE A LOOK AT YOURSELF! She put her baby 1st! Not! Fame! Drugs! Booze! LET HER BE THE GOOD MOM THAT SHE IS! You just envy her!

February 5, 2012 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
  26. humberto

you would think as big as her family is in Orleans, people would have some manners .

February 5, 2012 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  27. peleka

It takes two to make a baby. So Jamie if you were too shy to ask someone for birth control, why didn't the boyfriend step up and put on a freaking CONDOM!! He is as much to blame as well. Why is it the girl's fault every time. Boys should also be responsible for their actions, regardless of how little it is or if any at all.
    But Jamie, good luck with your songwritig career and everything you do in the future. Maddie will be so very proud of you.

February 5, 2012 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  28. peleka

I'm not God so I'm not going to judge you. You were young but you did what you thought was best for you. You're daughter (Maddie) will be so proud of you. Good luck in your future as well as your daughter's. God bless!!!

February 5, 2012 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
  29. Marlee

Keep the faith Jaime! Shame on all you dirty talking posters! You should try so hard to be a loving person.

February 5, 2012 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |
  30. life is good

Yay that this woman did not consider the baby born of her mistake, a mistake, & dispose of it like some rotten result of a bad meal to please you people.

February 5, 2012 at 5:26 am | Report abuse |
  31. Ash

I'm proud of her. She took the responsibility of her mistake, which is more then most do. God bless

February 5, 2012 at 3:29 am | Report abuse |
  32. bubbles

Ok look imma big fan and u dont need to be hatein on jaime or any other girls if a girl goes out and gets pregnant that is her choice and that also means she was probably ready to start her life so u ppl need to realize that it is not nice to judge ppl for their actions and to realize what if that was you??

February 4, 2012 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Bluejeans

Wishing her all the best.

February 4, 2012 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Joe in Kalispell

Trailer park trash

February 4, 2012 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bluejeans

If you don't like her, then why are you here? Lots of other places you can go, and life is short. Try being nice somewhere else?

February 4, 2012 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • NyteShayde

Just a shot in the dark, but I'm pretty sure Kalispell wasn't attempting to be nice.

February 6, 2012 at 3:21 am | Report abuse |
  35. Hailey

she did thee right thing:) I'm 17 with a baby girl and have a tattoo. I'm not trashy abs you ppl need to quit bashing cuz since you don't know her it shows your very jealous

February 4, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • NyteShayde

No Hailey, that is not jealousy. That is contempt, learn the difference. The fact that you can't string together a cohesive sentence or figure out that the little red squigglies are misspellings tells me you should have kept your legs closed and stayed in school.

February 6, 2012 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
  36. Andrea M

No honey, most girls DON'T open their legs for the first guy that comes along. Most girls have more self-respect than that. Also, most girls are smart enough to tell the guy to wrap it up if they're too shy to go see a doctor.

February 4, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  37. rickmahal

To the dude who said "I'd hit it".....truth be known you probably could'nt get none if you were standing outside a house of ill repute with a handfull of Hundred dollar bills!!......what a dufus

February 4, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Terri

On the outside chance that Jamie Lynn may see these comments–or truly care what any one of the judgmental, holier-than-thou public thinks (good girl!), and, yes, I'm including myself, as I can pass an unfair judgment as easily as the next person, but I'm really trying to NOT do that–I just want to tell you that I am so incredibly proud of you!

I'm a 45-year-old mom of two little girls; they're 8 and 9 years old. My girls only recently discovered Zoey 101, and they love the show. I remember them asking me why the show ended. While I could have taken the easy way out and answered, "Just because," I opted to tell them the truth (and, yes, I know many of you will think my kids are too young for such serious subject matter, and that's your right, but I am of the belief that kids are way smarter than we give them credit for, and that's how I've always approached parenting. I answer their questions accordingly.

I explained the pregnancy, but the more important issue–that Jamie Lynn took responsibility for her actions. She didn't opt for an abortion. She didn't go into hiding. She didn't claim "rape" in an attempt to absolve herself of responsibility. She didn't pawn the child off on her mom and then go back to the life of a carefree teen as if nothing had happened.

Instead, she became a mom and took the necessary steps to make a life a quality for her and her child. And on a side note–thank God she had the maturity to realize that marrying the father wasn't some kind of magic bullet that would make everything all better!

I've told my girls many, many times...you're going to make mistakes, bad decisions. We all do. That's just part of life. I will never expect you to be perfect, but I do expect you to take responsibility for your actions and control of your future. Jamie Lynn set a very powerful example of what this looks like in real life.

February 4, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Dani

Other teen mothers could abort their babies. Have the children, then leave them on the street, or give them away, effectively harming the child's mental or emotional state at least to some degree when they find out. Jamie chose to take responsibility, keep the child, and do her best to care for the baby, putting her own life on hold. How many teens in your community would be that responsible? I wish there were more like that in mine.

February 4, 2012 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Dani

People assume that celebrities are either way above them, or treat celebrities as if they're lower in worth than your pet dog. Celebrities are people. Not more, not less. Just people who happen to have been put on a stage or in front of a camera. In my opinion, while yes, she made a mistake, she seems incredibly responsible for a teenager. (This is coming from a high school student, mind you.) I don't do séx, or parties–that's not who I am. But I see kids who are, I see how they screw up. Jamie's doing ok.

February 4, 2012 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Missy

I got preganat at 17 and iv had 5 babys by the age of 24 and i have tattoos and she made a life the is about her daughter getting pregnant at a teen aint only for black girls im 100% white and i have more kids then all my sisters noone should say a damn thing about a girl getting pregnant as a teen as long as she takes care of that baby thats all i care about she is more woman then i have seen alot of women around here and hell cuz shes from the south thats the best place to be i rather be there then in the north country yall have no clue what a teen mom has to go threw and unless you are one i think yall need to keep yalls mouth off her and other teen mothers

February 4, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrea M

You're right, I don't know what a teen mom has to go through...cause I wasn't dumb enough to get pregnant as a teen. I didn't bang the first boy who said I was cute, nor the second, third or fourth. I waited till I was a more mature age and have practiced safety ever since. I'm 23 and have ZERO kids. I intend to continue having zero kids until my husband and I are financially secure enough to give a child the love and attention it deserves. Teen moms don't only ruin their own lives, they put their kids at major disadvantages. Give it up for adoption, that way you can finish school and your kid can have security, it's best for everyone. Intellegence and class is how we do it above the Mason-Dixon Line.

February 5, 2012 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
    • NyteShayde

Congratulations Andrea. You've just been trolled and you fell for it hook, line, and sinker. There are intelligent people BELOW the Mason-Dixon line as well that at least have enough intelligence not to fall for that cr@p ^

February 6, 2012 at 3:17 am | Report abuse |
  42. Facts

Having a child doesn't discrimnate against the color of your skin,how rich and famous you are and Jamie-lynn is the perect example.Kudos to her for standing her grounds as a young mom.Best wishes to you and your beautiful baby girl.

February 4, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  43. MIKAELA

I´m Spanish, and I don´t really know this girl, cause Brit is the famous one!!! But, I´m learning a lot of coll vocabulary, reading your posts.....
    Can u help me?? what´s the menaing of "I´D PLUG HER!" thanx!!

February 4, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Wole

There is nothing wrong with celebrities being held up to a higher level of moral standard. To whom much is given, much is expected.

February 4, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  45. bob

@Just me: Good that you made your choice. But I have to say I disagree with the last part. It's not always true.

February 4, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jess

Jaime-Lynn Spears, at age 16, had a horrible choice to make. She had a decent career going for herself, and she admittedly wanted to stay away from her family. She is also from the deep south, and admits in this article she didnt know who to ask for birth control. (How about her "boyfriend".....condoms don't have that much of an error rate)
    We in the northeast do things a little differently .... Have you ever noticed that MTV's 16 and pregnant never gets filmed up here?
    But anyway, J-L wanted out of the business. And she got it. And sadly, she got no parental help bc Britney was just starting her meltdowns. That makes for an extremely strong young woman.
    Good luck Jaime Lynn. You and Maddie will be just fine.

February 4, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • TennMark

Oh really.......I seem to recall that the teenage girls who all went to the same high school and started the pact to get pregnant where from the northeast(Mass. I think)......you know what they say about people who live in glass houses.

February 5, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • NyteShayde

Tenn, that's what New Englanders do. They're great at being sanctimonious and self-righteous. It's what they think gives them the right to look down on everyone else. Then they wonder why everyone outside of their little bubble can't stand them.

February 6, 2012 at 3:14 am | Report abuse |
  47. stacie

What bubble do you live in,having a baby at a young age is a black woman trait,Really?My advice to your parents stop feeding you garbage...a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

February 4, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  48. Black Rat

@ james, So having a child at a young age is only a black woman trait??wow!! You dont get out much??now do you?

February 4, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  49. Sly Sadie

Everyone makes mistakes in their lives. It's the lessons you learn from your mistakes that matters. It sounds like she grew up to be a responsible mom & adult. I say good for her!

February 4, 2012 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Missyatalent

I think the biggest mistake came when the fame hungery mom and dad pushed their children into the entertainment industry and took away a normal childhood for both of the girls. Neither of these kids could handle the pressure put on them by the industry. And they should never had been forced to be adults at the age of 12. I would not be surprised if she got pregnant because she wanted to get out some way but could not any other way. I am sad for her having missed what it is like to be a regular teen girl. She went from kid to adult before she was 15. Shame shame on the parents of the Spears girls. They must be so proud of the things they have subjected their children to.

February 5, 2012 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Abeer

Here are some I've read:Fall For Anything by Courtney SummersWintergirls by Lauire Halse AndersonLiving Dead Girl by Elizabeth ScottDirty Little Secrets by C.J. OmololuStory of a Girl by Sara ZarrLosing Faith by Denise JadenBeautiful by Amy ReedBoy Toy by Barry LyngaHold Still by Nina LaCourThirteen Reasons Why by Jay AsherGlimpse by Carol Lynch WilliamsBecause I am furniture by Thalia ChaltasWillow by Julia HobanCracked Up To Be by Courtney SummersLove You **** You Miss You by Elizabeth ScottIf I Stay by Gayle FormanThe Tension of Opposite by Kristina McBrideCrash Into Me by Albert Borris

March 16, 2012 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  50. I LOVE Mitt Romney

I'd tap it

February 4, 2012 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  51. justme

I choose life 28 years ago. Good job. In the end, your child will always love you.

February 4, 2012 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  52. Nancy

She looks 35

February 4, 2012 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Kazuya

Flowers in the Attic- VC Andrews, Great series! It's about well, I don't relaly want to give it away, but it's about these children locked away in an attic VERY dysfunctional family issues.My Sweet Audrina- VC Andrews, A stand alone novel. It's one of my favorites and fits into your category greatly. Thirteen Reasons Why- Jay AsherRunaway-?, A good, quick, read.The Lovely Bones- Alice Sebold, A MUST read.The Almost Moon-Alice SeboldLucky- Alice Sebold, A story Alice Sebold wrote about her ****. I could probably go on forever, except I can't remember anymore Happy New Year!

March 15, 2012 at 5:22 am | Report abuse |
  53. johnthebaptist

I'd hit it. Might be a little loose for my liking.

February 4, 2012 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
    • NyteShayde

Yeah, I'll bet it sucks that you're no bigger than a toothpick. Bummer.

February 6, 2012 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
  54. ruth

U are nothing but stone throwihg judgers.. i would hate to be in ur shoes when the shoe drops. as for the spears sisters keep living who cares what the nay sayers think.. enjoy ur life and families... :)

February 4, 2012 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  55. John

All u jaime lynn haters r complete white trash. All u ppl need to get a damn life. Go to hell all jaime lynn haters. I love u jaime lynn spears I wish u the best of luck.

February 4, 2012 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
    • james

You need to work on your grammar. It's okay that you still love Jamie, what winger doesn't love a white person, that gets a black woman trait?

February 4, 2012 at 5:45 am | Report abuse |
    • TennMark

James your a fool.......I bet your one of those right wing nut jobs who want everyone to believe that ONLY black people use drugs and are on welfare...take a trip to your local dept. of human services and get a glimpse of reality.

February 5, 2012 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
  56. Chuck

Chose to walk away from the spotlight? Her only claim to fame is being Britney's sister. But congratulations on her having her child and not running off and having an abortion like 90%+ would have done in her situation, at least she has some morals.

February 3, 2012 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  57. The Other Dude

Come on guys, really? I live in Mississippi, and I am an engineering graduate. These stereotypes are ridiculous, though understandable (coming from people with a loose grasp of proper grammar).

She picked a really nice place to stay for a few years in order to improve her way of life and get away from all of the tabloid craziness, and all we can do is ridicule her for making what I believe is a really good choice? This is a CNN blog site. Shame on us...

February 3, 2012 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  58. the grind

S-baby: waaa waaa!!

February 3, 2012 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  59. the grind

Lol sokman read my mind great minds think alike

February 3, 2012 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  60. s-baby

Everyone,grow up!

February 3, 2012 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  61. the grind

I'd hit that...wrapped up though.

February 3, 2012 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Sokman

She sounds like she's the older of the 2 sisters. Getting knocked up at 16 is a hard way to learn a lesson, but seems to me she learned it well. That being said, I'd hit it & sis too

February 3, 2012 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Myspear4anyspearsanytime

Wait, I'll bet the naked pics and home movies are next.....is that Pam I see......

February 3, 2012 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  64. j

Congrats to Jamie Lynn for taking care of her child and herself. People will always find a way to point fingers at others, yet they forget all the bulls*it they've done in their own lives. Nobody is perfect, so if your vice wasn't teen pregnancy, what is it? Ask yourself.

February 3, 2012 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  65. carolyn

it is so easy for people to judge and be hurtful. this young girl has had her most private life put out there by the media and she is doing her best to come but from that. i for one am very happy to see that she has it together and is taking every step she can to be a good mom. give her a break life is hard enough even for those who dont make chilhood mistakes

February 3, 2012 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Buster Hyman

I'd plug her

February 3, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  67. ?

"Bet you voted for Obama as well."

Awesome.

February 3, 2012 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  68. sadie ramirez

Oh so that's what happened to her

February 3, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Such angry little ppl on here

The truth is that for you guys out there that could spend time with her...would. Many of you young ladies out there just want to tear her down to make yourselves feel better about your little lives.
    Jaime made a mistake that many young ppl make and seems to be trying to make the best of her life and that of her child. That shouldn't be looked down on.
    I also wonder how many of you are also racists...I mean, you already have the crazed ignorance down with your insults toward Jaime here just for being from the South. I bet most of you would be offended at the notion of being called a racist but yet you have no problem in trashing a person you don't know for the location she lives in. Wow...aren't you all so enlightened. Bet you voted for Obama as well.

February 3, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ruben

You know its so funny to read all the negative posts coming from people. She made a mistake that people far older then her make and I would venture to say most of you people here who are bashing her have probably made. If she was say a guy celebrity like oh, lets say Justin Bieber, no one would be saying anything. Funny how we don't hear about his baby scandal now do we and when we did it was only for 5 minutes. But when it's a female its big news and bashing her becomes in season. She has accepted the consquences of her actions and has moved on. Which might I add is more than most people do who are much older then her.

February 4, 2012 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Yup,thats true...tell these mofos wuts up. Not everyone steps up 2 the matter whn it happens 2 them. Some run away or some face it head on. She faced it, its guna b hard jamie, but u hav family n friends 2 ask 4 advice and 4 help, and u hav money. Those things may sound trivial, but trust me girl, not everyone is blessed with those things I just listed. Never take it for granted...

February 4, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • TennMark

Well said............but please, not to many big words, remember your dealing with idiots.

February 5, 2012 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
    • NyteShayde

You insult people you don't know for insulting someone they don't know?

Fixed that little logical fallacy for you.

February 6, 2012 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
  70. ITG Alert

It's easy to criticize someone you've never met and don't know. It's also convenient that you get to hide behind the anonymity of the Internet. Half or more of what "posters" say on the Internet would never get said, because you would have your lights knocked out if you said it in person.

Enjoy your sad, little, pathetic lives "Internet Tough Guys"!

February 3, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Thats rit,itg. Leav the girl alone already. @ least shes taking responsibility 4 her actions u fools!

February 4, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  71. the_dude

She sounds semi-normal. I guess the mom stopped smoking crack after Brittney was born

February 3, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  72. jai

You people are sick. You attack her because she has one thing you all never will. . .CLASS. Get a clue.

February 3, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Isaac

She doesn't need to worry about her audience. They already forgot about Zoey 101, and her.

February 3, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  74. EMILY

She will be on HEE-HAW next. Sang It Penny Sue. Them hawgs is hungry.

February 3, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  75. ?

Wait, sensible words exiting a Spears mouth, and in proper order too? I've never seen anything like this. Mind=blown

February 3, 2012 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  76. HARLEY GIRL

HEY ! I am a single mom and have many tats and Im not trashy. Just because I ride a Harley and am a toothless inbred illiterate redneck hick that lives in a trailer with dogs up under it doesnt mean Im not a lady !

February 3, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Kevin

You meant trailer t-rash and I agree with you 100 percent. Glad she is back in Louisana eating crawdads and opossum.

February 3, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  78. LDS II

Id bet 10,000 dollars this lil trailer t-rask sk-ank has tattoos.

February 3, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • And your point is?

What does that have to do with anything? I have an Master's degree in Biology and I have tattoos. What does one have to do with the other? They were a fad...much like everything else that seems like a good idea as a teenager.

February 3, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dez

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JAIME! In life, you'll have fans, and people who criticize. Do what you love, and forget what anyone else has to say. You made wise mature decisions that many at that age wouldnt have and still dont make.

February 4, 2012 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Colleen

@LDSII this says a bit about you......

February 4, 2012 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

I admit I was shocked when I found out this young girl was pregnant. But that was because I had a 6 and 11 year old who watched the show. You'd never think she'd be so irresponsible. However she BECAME responsible after the fact and that's all I will judge her on today. I wish her the best of luck.

February 4, 2012 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
    • ....

Congratulations, you have all been trolled.

February 4, 2012 at 4:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Hey jamie, fu-k wut these trash talkers say, in the end u r the one who has control over ur life. Ur child has a mom next 2 her, is taken care of financially, and is healthy. U havent rolled over or given up yet, and u r fine as hell. Just keep ur head up and continue 2 reach 4 ir dreams. Look @ all ur sis has faced n she didnt give up. I remember whn I saw u and ur mom here in lubbock @ brit's concert. I wus standing rit in front of ya. If u need 2 talk 2 anyone bout anything, please dont hesitate 2 reply 2 this comment. Im michael g...dont let the negative sh!t take away ur happiness. Keep ur head up

February 4, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • HOO

KEEP SUCKIN' THAT CACK JAMIE!

February 6, 2012 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |