Coming to an agreement on 'Big Bang Theory'
February 3rd, 2012

Coming to an agreement on 'Big Bang Theory'

It was a long time coming, but Leonard finally put his foot down.

The much-discussed "roommate agreement" between Sheldon and Leonard was brought to an end on Thursday night's "Big Bang Theory" (and just in time for the show's biggest ratings ever, according to CBS).

Leonard was tired of adhering to it, and thus the two were merely acquaintances, exchanging the occasional "'Sup?"

To Sheldon's horror, no one else volunteered to drive him to his various doctor's appointments and shopping excursions. So, to no one's surprise, the power went out one night, and Sheldon decided to play hero: his emergency preparedness was a big perk of the roommate agreement.

However, he underestimated the young Jedi Leonard's lightsaber, which served as a much better light source than Sheldon's measly glowstick.

Leonard and Penny took off, leaving Sheldon by himself to say, "Wine and a girl in the dark ... he's going to be bored out of his mind."

Penny convinced Leonard that he should make up with Sheldon, and the roommates agreed that Leonard would drive Sheldon around occasionally, provided that Sheldon thank him.

"Every time?" Sheldon exclaimed.

Meanwhile, Howard was celebrating his future trip into space (I really hope this figures into the plot later this season), but anxious about which nickname he would get.

When he spoke on a webcam to actual astronaut Mike Massimino, of course, his screeching mother ruined it all. Thanks to Howard's breakfast cereal preference, he will now forever be known as "Froot Loop."

Are you happy to see the death of the roommate agreement? Post your view on iReport or comment below.

1. Iris

You either love it or hate it. I can't get enough of the show. My spouse on the other hand hates it. If I try to watch it while he's in the room he whines the whole time.

February 29, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mark

Season 1: hilarious, unique... quirky!
    Season 2; pretty funny
    Season 3: crude, the creator's surrogate for Three and a Half Men and it's wretched, disgusting writing.
    Season 4: pretty funny, creator can return his disgusting, pathetic, overused jokes to Three and a Half Men.

February 29, 2012 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
  3. DudeofDudelyPropotions

Great show... but the overuse of laugh track drives me crazy. Not every single word is funny people.

February 28, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer

I thought so too until I learned that the show does not use the "canned laughter" effect. It's all real.

June 26, 2013 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Puhlease

If you like it, congrats! You are in good company, the show is getting great ratings. To those of you bashing, move along, it's not for everyone. It doesn't mean you're stupid, it means you have different tastes. *Now go outside and get some fresh air haters.

February 25, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jim

I was hoping for a discussion of recent development regarding the big bang theory, you know, cosmology. I just find some discussion of an unattractive sounding TV show! Very disappointing.

February 25, 2012 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  6. MashaSobaka

Maybe Sheldon will finally rat Leonard out for that little incident with the elevator. There's nothing stopping him now, after all.

February 22, 2012 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Cowcharge

"That's what I love about science: there's no one right answer."
    Hehe.

February 22, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Deb

I agree...Perhaps you just don't get the jokes to not realize what a great show it is. Ask anyone in their fields and they will tell you that they love the show.

February 22, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  9. INTJ

For those who know what my name means (INTJ) you'll realize that I am intelligent and the "scientist". I find the show to be funny, witty, and most importantly, a means to laugh at ourselves. We, the nerds and geeks of the world, take ourselves too seriously most days and we need to lighten up. We need to laugh at our eccentricities that makes us those unique, albeit socially outcast, special members of society. So, stop analyzing the show to death – you know what I mean you NTs and NFs and "take a chill pill", "lighten up", "relax pal" and just laugh for the sake of laughing.

February 22, 2012 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  10. John

There are 2 BIG reasons to watch the show. Penny has those 2 reasons! ;)

February 22, 2012 at 3:25 am | Report abuse |
  11. DeeNYC

I watched the show for the first time only a couple of months ago and I cant' get enough of it. I think it's absolutely hilarious. It helps to know basic science and theories of the universe. But even if you didn't how can you not laugh at Sheldon's bizarre behavior.

February 21, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Who guests next?

I'm just wondering which ex-Rosanne cast member is going to guest star next? Johnny doesn't count because he's a full cast member as Leonard, not a guest/recurring, but we shouldn't be surprised since producer Chuck Lorre was a Rosanne writer... Hmmm... We've had "Aunt Jackie" as Sheldon's mom... "Darlene" as Leslie Winkle... I wouldn't have been surprised to see Rosanne revealed as Howard's mother, but that would be an insult to the excellent job done off-screen by Carol Ann Susi... OOH... maybe "Becky" as the lady who finally "fixes" Raj (He's becoming so tedious).. she could be the shrink that Howard finally convinces him to see, and some doctor-client "confidentiality" ensues... wink,wink,nudge,nudge...

I KNOW that "Dan" (John Goodman) would be PERFECT as Bernadette's dad (given her description to Howard)...

Maybe "D.J." could be Penny's meth cookin' brother, back off parole?

February 20, 2012 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  13. Really trying to like it

but can't. I get the geek jokes, understand the references, and find the humor in them; but in the grand scheme of things it's very stale and while I appreciate the cleverness of the humor, it just isn't laugh-out-loud funny to me. I've heard it gets a lot better in the newer seasons, so I might skip ahead since I gave up after about 10 episodes of season 1.

February 19, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  14. pat mccroin

predictable, boring and corny... who cares

February 19, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  15. zaq

big bang theory is great bt How i met your mother takes it all

February 19, 2012 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  16. lisa

Penny Penny Penny....would you like a hot beverage? Loveeee Sheldon

February 18, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  17. ingyandbert

TBBT is hands-down the best show on television. Destined to be a classic!

February 17, 2012 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  18. Jay

It's funny to see people get all defensive and say that if you don't like this show, you must be stupid. I'm an engineer and I am not a fan of such tripe as Jersey Shore or any of that garbage. And I agree that the humor on BBT is "smarter" than other shows.

That being said, I just don't think it's that funny. I've never laughed out loud watching it. I've chuckled a couple times when someone on the show did or said something that reminded me of myself or one of the engineer types I work with, but that's it. I'm sorry, go ahead and call me stupid if you want, I just don't find it "hilarious" at all.

February 16, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hmmmmm

Jay (who posted 2/16 10:33pm), you're an engineer. Perhaps you're more of a scientist deep down. Someone like Sheldon who doesn't quite "get" humor, and doesn't quite "laugh" freely. Take a good look at the characters and I'm sure you'll find characteristics of yourself that the rest of us find very amusing. It would be interesting to know if there is a particular standup comic that really makes you guffaw; who or what makes you crack up laughing?

February 21, 2012 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  19. Dave

As a physicist I find this show truly hilarious. What I appreciate most is the attention to detail. The science on "Big Bang Theory" is flawless. The Sheldon stereotype is such a great representation of the geek genotype it is irresistible.

February 16, 2012 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Beachobx

I totally agree. As a mathematician, the dialogue is spot-on .... and just hilarious. That's an amazing feat in today's appeal-to-the-lowest-common-demoninator TV programming mentally. In the most recent episode centered around Sheldon's contest for the bigger office, I've seen those plaid shorts that Sheldon wore on more than one professor.

February 17, 2012 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  20. BL

An original concept with brilliantly conceived, iconic characters. Penny is best "straight man" on TV. Scary to me, is when I get the nerdy references. Plus, love the tee shirts!

February 16, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  21. stowellka

really? commenting on a show you don't like?
    why are you waisting your time ?
    just go away

February 15, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  22. Mose

I'd like to see Abed from Community make an appearance on this show, not as himself but as a comic book geek nemesis or somethin'

February 14, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  23. gsb

this show is hil harry as BAZINGA

February 14, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  24. Nathan

TBBT is the best...

February 13, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  25. shaneaus

This is the ONLY sitcom I have watched in over 20 years. I really don't like to watch TV very much. I have about 4 shows I watch all year long. This includes the off season – so, there are months where I don't watch ANY TV. But, I make DANG sure to watch The Big Bang Theory. I love it when they deliver lines and it is hard for the actors to keep strait faces. I watch some other shows from time to time just to see if I'll like them. This is the only sitcom I can remember watching that makes me laugh OUT LOUD every time I watch it. I'm educated, lower middle class (economically), and fairly conservative. My step-father is a millionaire, VERY educated, and ultra liberal/progressive. I think is says a lot that this is one of the few things we BOTH find "very funny."

The "roommate agreement" isn't dead! LOL! Sheldon won't be able to let it go. It's like his "security blanket."

February 11, 2012 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  26. paddywan

In what universe is this show not funny ?

February 10, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  27. emtgirl

The whole universe was in a hot dense state..........

February 10, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • emtgirl

ANYONE....ANYONE....is this thing on!

Then nearly 14 million years ago expansion started...WAIT!...

February 16, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  28. bigDizzle

This show is funny...but why would you write an article which just spoils an episode some people haven't seen yet? Seriously...there isn't even commentary on the episode just..."this is what happened on TV...what do you think?" If you're going to write a whole article which does nothing but detail something, at least throw out a spoiler alert.

February 10, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  29. N00B

BBT sucks.

BAZINGA!!

February 9, 2012 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  30. BigDog

The show is funny and is one of my favorites. It's not the greatest comedy ever but, that's ok. Just enjoy the show because it's funny. Don't sweat whether or not it's brilliant. Just watch and laugh!

February 9, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Roni Kaye

For those here who claim that Sheldon has Asperger's Syndrome, you are wrong. Chuck Lorre has clearly stated this. Jim Parsons even asked if the character is meant to have it, and he was told NO.

As much as people like to use him as a poster boy for Asperger's Syndrome, he's not. Sorry.

February 9, 2012 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  32. leytrami

Never watched it til this season because, well, I rarely watch tv series. However, as someone who works in IT and games (okay, guess that makes me a geek), this show is right up my alley! LOVED IT when Leonard pulled out the light saber!

February 8, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  33. bazinga

this show is funny, it should be renewed for 20 years

February 7, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Angel

Bazinga! haha I love the show especially the one where Sheldon is jumping in and out of the ball pim yelling "Bazinga!"

February 7, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  35. KajinPL

Good show. The end.

February 7, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  36. Becca

This is one of the funniest shows on television, just PURE entertainment and laughter!! Glad to see that Leonard finally pulled up his boot straps when dealing with OCD, Sheldon! Great cast and writing, Kudos to all!! Thanks for the laughter and entertainment! Well needed in this day and time!!

February 7, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  37. carolyn

I love this show, and for the comments about the laugh track..... You are wrong. I have been in the audience several times, and there are no signs to tell you to laugh or not... It is truly a live audience. Great cast and wonderful writing!

February 6, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Brendt Wayne Waters

The roommate agreement is not dead, nor did the "roommates agree" on Leonard's idea. Immediately after he proposed it, Sheldon gave a counter-proposal that would bring the agreement back into play. While it was not 100% clear that Sheldon's counter-proposal is accepted, it certainly seemed to be. And anyone who's paid attention to the show would assume that Sheldon got his way, as he is incapable of understanding anyone else's.

February 6, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  39. petro

Best show on TV. It's hilarious. Its funny even when you watch the same episodes over and over!

February 6, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Calico

By which, you mean "watching all the episodes once", right? 'Cause after two seasons, they're all just riffing on the same jokes. It's hard to stomach after a while.

March 2, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  40. rj

I don't understand most of the really technical things Sheldon rattles off, but there's a lot more to this show than that, and it's one of the best shows on network TV right now. Jim Parsons is amazing, and it's easy to see why he's won two Emmy Awards. All the episodes are hilarious, but my favorites are the ones where Sheldon and Penny interact, whether they're glaring at each other because she's threatened his Batman comic book collection, or he's having a borderline breakdown after she gives him the napkin signed by (and mouth wiped by) Leonard Nimoy (my all-time favorite episode).

February 6, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Steve

I've watched this show countless times, without ever coming to an understanding of why I'm watching it.

February 6, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Cobalt

Post: "This show is not funny / worst show on TV / this show is awful"

Translation: "I'm too dumb to understand geeky science humor."

Go watch Jersey Shore, American Idol, Real Houswives....it's better for you.

February 6, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • ckelley116

Totally agree. You have to have both a functioning brain capable of grasping the humor in the show, AND your own sense of humor. Anybody who thinks this show is terrible is sorely lacking on both areas, and I feel bad for you.

February 9, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Mike C

This show must be good as it is being syndicated on at least two other networks beside CBS. I enjoy it and I think that we jave not heard the last of the roommate agreement.

February 6, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  44. SHASTA

my husband and I are over 50, when we first started watching this show, I thought what a dumb show. My husband continued to watch and we are now hooked. Love it.

February 6, 2012 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  45. Ashley

Best episode ever is when Koothrapoli wins 30 Under 30 in People... Sheldon trying to smile is hilarious!!

February 6, 2012 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  46. JAN

our house loves "big bang". i vote for keeping the roommate agreement.

February 6, 2012 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  47. TBBT Fan

Looking forward to the Howard in space episode(s), too bad the space shuttle program was discontinued and now NASA is back to being spam-in-a-can 1960s technology, Howard would definitely feel cramped and claustrophobic in those things !
    Long live TBBT.

February 6, 2012 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  48. Michaek

I have no issues with Sheldon except he insist on putting his charter out that as """Look at me I am SO gay everyone give me attention for it because I NEED attention to survive. I'm a little girl and I need to be treated like a little girl to feel better about .my daddy issues

February 6, 2012 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Chartreuxe

Sheldon has Asperger's Syndrome. This is a form of Autism, he was born with it.

What's your excuse for acting like a jerk?

February 7, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Michae

This shows normal gays what they DOIN'T have to dress like in order to b one of the freeks.

February 6, 2012 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
  50. Mimi1

Love, Love, Love. Glad the roomate agreement is over, can now move on to Sheldon and Amy's relationship.

February 5, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Balthazar

I love the show, just don't understand why Jim Parson gained so much weight lately? Sheldon character looks better if he keep himself very thin. Also not sure why the writers are humanizing him more and more? I think the girlfriend thing is lame! she looks like she's trying too hard and her script is sometimes too silly but in a dumb way... anyway, just saying, Im still a big fan of the show

February 5, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  52. christopher

Not sure if it is still as good as it was in the first 3 seasons. The characters have changed so much as have the dynamics. Has anyone else noticed that Jim Parsons has been hitting the gym? The guy has really bulked up and even though they try to hide it with his wardrobe it is quite obvious that he has gained muscle mass.
    I still watch the show and love it but, just like Married With Children, the first 3 seasons will always stand apart as the best.
    And I really miss Leslie Winkle.

February 5, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  53. CommonSense

I was kind of sad to see the Roommate Agreement dissolved, although I've been seeing an evolution of the characters throughout these 5 seasons. I mean, who would have thought after watching the first season that in the future, Howard would be engaged, Sheldon would have a girlfriend, and Raj would have gotten laid (I think, the most times out of anyone if I'm not mistaken). It was a great episode, can't wait for Howard's wedding and space adventure. And when the hell are Leonard and Penny getting back together???

February 5, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  54. tom Bruce

Except during baseball season, I spend a grand total of 90 minutes a week watching network TV. One-third of that is spent watching "Big Bang." And the best one-third I believe. By the way, the other two shows are also Chuck Lorre projects. He's the greatest TV mogul since Normal Lear. Don't you agree, Charlie?

February 5, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  55. FloridaGal

TBBT is the ONLY show for which I turn on a television. The few shows I enjoy I watch on HULU...but for this one I watch TBN for two hours a couple of nights a week. HILARIOUS show with obviously brilliant writers. I used to be married for 13 years to a real-life Sheldon and I am here to tell you they hit that nail ON THE HEAD. Makes me laugh until I ache sometimes because it's so true to life. KUDOS TBBT.

February 5, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bert Macklin

Brilliant? Seriously? Curb Your Enthusiasm is brilliant. Parks & Recreation is brilliant. Arrested Development was brilliant. Big Bang is a mildly clever show about brilliant people, but there's absolutely nothing extraordinary about the writing. It's the cast who do the heavy-lifting, as they elevate standard sitcom tripe into something that middle Americans have been fooled into believing is some masterful work of comedy. It only seems so great to you because you likely haven't familiarized yourself with the actual top tier material that tv has to offer. Watch better television, or get better acquainted with what "brilliant" actually means ('cuz Big Bang ain't it).

February 5, 2012 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Texas

I love the way Sheldon "geek tweeks" all his responses. Refreshingly funny. Marry me, Sheldon!!

February 5, 2012 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  57. Cate Again

Haters, in simple language you can undertand: We love our very funny smart-people show. You have to live on the right side of the Bell Curve to find it as funny as we do. There are plenty of stupid people shows for you to watch like Real Housewives of Pick-a-City, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, Jersey Shore, Survivor and lots and lots more. Aren't you tired of all those mean people on TV? There isn't a cruel bone in our Sheldon's body. I <3 geeks!

February 5, 2012 at 5:56 am | Report abuse |
  58. Duke Silver

I'm beginning to think that those of you who characterize this show as "smart" and "innovative" don't actually understand what either of those two words mean. It's standard sitcom pablum bolstered only by an admittedly strong cast with great chemistry. It speaks to their individual talents that they were able to elevate the material in a way so as to dupe the lot of you mouth-breathers into thinking it's actually the best comedy on television (when nothing could be further from the truth).

February 5, 2012 at 4:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Chartreuxe

'Smart' means that it's not Hee-Haw, brainiac. It isn't dumbed down for the average idiot in this country. Guess that includes you.

February 7, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Dave

I love the show and it has given me an even greater love of my new Iphone. I didn't really care about Siri, but now that I've seen her, I'll be sure to use her much more often ;)

February 4, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  60. original nunya

this show proves that you cant trust white people

February 4, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  61. had to comment

Big Bang Theory is absolutely fantastic. Every character is so well developed. I'll miss the roommate agreement, as it set the stage for many of the giggles, and I hope it pops back into the conversations. This is a reverse "fish out of water" show with Penny being the "odd" one of the bunch, but the whole gang being the "odd" ones in society. Extremely clever! Love it!

February 4, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  62. barb

sheldon is the main humor in this show. he needs to intereact with his friends to make the biggest impression of his odd personality. taking away the roommate connection would take away some humor from the show.

February 4, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Barbara Rosendahl

This is good clean humor. I think the writers are doing an excellent job.

February 4, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  64. AJ

I'm way out of the 18-49 demographic and still think this is the funniest and most innovative sitcom on TV. It far outshines 2 and a Half Men, which sadly needs to end. I hope it lasts as long as it needs to and doesn't get dull and boring.

February 4, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Chartreuxe

After several episodes of 2 1/2 men I gave up. I've enjoyed all the rest of Chuck Lorre's series, but that one left me cold. It didn't amuse, it didn't uplift, it bored me to death. I don't know why. It was disappointing because I love good comedy and I love a good laugh.

TBBT is the funniest thing on TV today. Love it! My son has Asperger's Syndrome and Jim nails it every time! He's brilliant!

February 7, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Emerald

I love this show. Missed this episode, darn! I watch and re-watch the reruns also. Never gets old or boring.

February 4, 2012 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  66. me

I love the big bang theory!

February 4, 2012 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  67. Jen

I LOVE this show. I have just recently started watching in the past month or so but I think it is hilarious. I love the relationship they all have together. I'm so tired of reality tv, which isn't reality anyways, this show I feel is a breath of fresh air in a world of reality tv. So if you don't like the show and have never seen the show, why take the time to read an article about the show and comment about it. Doesn't make sense to me!

February 4, 2012 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Chartreuxe

Reality TV is not for me. I've been watching old Westerns. I don't know what I'll do when I run out of them. Who knows? TBBT is definitely a winner in my book. I'm a fan for life.

February 7, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Kari

I love this show, it's funny, silly and entertaining. Even my husband a PhD Geologist likes it.

February 4, 2012 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
    • TBBTFan

"Geology is not a real science!" – Sheldon, shortly before a barrage of paintballs

February 4, 2012 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  69. Ral

Those of you who think this is the "smartest" comedy obviously havent watched Curb your Enthusiasm, The League, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock, Always Sunny in Philidelphia, Modern Family.....

February 4, 2012 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  70. DianeB

Just was wondering, if not this then, what is good television? I'm not saying TBBT is all that and more, but just wanted to get an idea of what naysayers are comparing it to....

February 4, 2012 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
  71. sharky

For those that say this is the dumbest show, or worst show, obviously you are not smart enough to understand the show, or you are too busy watching the Jersey Shore. Please go fry your braincells with that tripe. Enjoy.

February 4, 2012 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  72. my part of the universe

This should run as long as friends? or sinefield, those two stayed on what seems like forever, an they have laugh tracks also that didnt make them great, but a way to say its funny here "insert laugh tract" there r many a show come an go, but nothing can beat cosby show or home improvement, family life in dream world, atleast for 22 minutes a week we could forget our "little" life

February 4, 2012 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  73. Sokman

My favorite episode is still Sheldon vs Will Wheaton.

February 3, 2012 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Derrick

Best sitcom on TV with possible exception of "Always Sunny". I have never missed an episode, and never will.

February 3, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  75. gahh

I wish they would show Howard's mom. She's never been seen, and she's still funny.

February 3, 2012 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • mikrik13

The wife thinks Bernedette plays the voice of Howard's Mom. Maybe...

February 4, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • blondeguy

Nope, Bernedette is played by Melissa Rauch; Mrs. Wolowitz is voiced by Carol Ann Susi. However, Bernadette has imitated her on more than one occasion, and very well too!

February 4, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chartreuxe

It's funnier because we've never seen her, but that's just my opinion. Likely we never will until the final episode, whenever that comes to pass.

February 7, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  76. mikrik13

I missed last night's show. Damn!

February 3, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • blondeguy

You can watch it online at http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_bang_theory/

February 4, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • mikrik13

Nope. Keeps timing out. I have watched the first 5 minutes and a lot of commercials on numerous occasions in the past few days.

February 9, 2012 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  77. Dave

FRUIT Loop, not Froot Loop... Geeze

February 3, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • ckcgye

Check the box, Dave ... it is FROOT Loop.
      I love TBBT, and I'm glad to see the end of the roommate agreement, although the previous poster is probably right in saying that Sheldon will try to look for ways to reinstate it. It's nice to see Leonard getting more assertive, as he also did when he and Penny went out on a non-date earlier this season.

February 3, 2012 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Knowlege is power, Dave.

February 7, 2012 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Chartreuxe

Gee. Folks sure are parading their ignorance in public today.

February 7, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave

Mea culpa.. I'm an idiot! It is Froot Loops.. Thanks for setting me straight.. I needed that!

February 15, 2012 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  78. Louie

Rocket Man!!!

February 3, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  79. EMILY

Trolls is funny ; )

February 3, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  80. marcus

Worst show currently on the air. I think it is just for the pompous pinky in the air crowd that spend their time watching PBS.

February 3, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • despo

Pompous pinky in the air crowd? You've obviously never watched the show.

February 3, 2012 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cate Again

What's wrong with PBS? It's programming is diverse. I'm sure there is SOMETHING there you'd enjoy watching. <3

February 5, 2012 at 6:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Flappy

marcus is a troll. Anyone who ever watched BBT would know there aren't any pinkies in the air. I'm guessing that was some kind of slam against elitism (IE: people with education).

It baffles me why someone would go out of their way to comment on a show they never watched or don't care for. I personally don't care for Jersey Shore but I sure as heck am not going to waste my time going out of the way to find an article about it and post negative comments. Not unless I was a troll who had nothing better to do with my time.

February 27, 2012 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Yea

I love how fans of this show always say "Oh you just don't understand it" as if this show is high brow. PLEASE, the jokes are called out with a laugh track for crying out loud, you can't not understand this show.

February 3, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

Sorry, Yea! This show is filmed in front of a LIVE AUDIENCE! Yeah, it is! If you would have watched it from Season 1, you would see how absolutely funny and intelligent this show truly is. The banter is hysterical and the story lines are very interesting and funny! It is fine to have your own opinion...not everyone is going to like the same thing. I would invite you to gather *facts* before posting.

February 4, 2012 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Yea....

You know live studio audiences are completely controlled right? Have you never seen an applause sign? A laughter sign?

February 4, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

I've been to two tapings of The Big Bang Theory. There are no "Applause" signs and the audience isn't told when to laugh. The only thing they're asked to do is to act like every take is like the first time seeing it and not to yell out during takes so as to be heard above everyone else. Yes, all studio audience laughter is mixed later for volume and timing, but the laughs are from actual people who love the show... like me!

February 7, 2012 at 2:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Chartreuxe

Yes, the more you post the less intelligent you appear. Some might stop while they are ahead...

February 7, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chartreuxe

Yea, the more you post the less intelligent you appear. Some might stop while they are ahead...

February 7, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  82. HARLEY GIRL

YEEEEHAW ! This here is the funniest show on the TV here in Louissiana ! Darn tootin it is funny ! Dang my arm is sore frum that new tattoo.

February 3, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  83. poprod

Its not a dumb show at all, I guess the dummies on here can't understand the comedy.....
    we hate what we can't understand.

February 3, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Duke Silver

The dummies are those people that don't seem to grasp the concept of comedy being subjective. And guess what? You're one of those dummies.

Characterizing every person who dislikes the show as someone too stupid to get it is the lazy sort of dismissal that only an authority on stupidity would employ. Congratulations on unknowingly making yourself look like an idiot.

February 5, 2012 at 4:40 am | Report abuse |
  84. musicgirl77

My hubby and I recently started watching TBBT and we are OBSESSED!!Last night's episode was one of the funniest!! Its definitely one of the funniest thing on tv now!

February 3, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  85. jj

Love it. But don't astronauts have to undergo intensive training? I haven't seen or heard of Froot Loop doing any training yet.

February 3, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chartreuxe

Astronaut training's very intensive, physically and mentally. It's also located in Texas and Florida, so Howard will have to leave the show for his training. AFAIK, little or none of it takes place in CA and Mission Specialists have to train equally as hard as regular astronauts. If there are emergencies everyone needs to know how to deal with them.

It will be interesting to see how they deal with this phase of the plot. I await this plot development with interest.

February 7, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  86. lilsue

Funniest show ever, Im sure Sheldon will figure out a way to reinstate the agreement.

February 3, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Jamaicalady

Well for the 2 of you that say this comedy is the stupidest thing on TV, it beat out American Idol for the 2nd straight week so that says a lot. I watch a lot of TV and compared to what's on there in the past few years, IT IS THE BEST and most intelligent comedy out there.

February 3, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Observer

Show sux. Why is it even on?

February 3, 2012 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Funker

Then why are you wasting your time commenting on it?

February 4, 2012 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Craig

Because it's ratings are through the roof, not bad for a show in it's 5th season when most are going into decline.

I agree you can't comment on a show if you admit you don't watch it.

I've been a fan from the start, it's had it's ups and downs but this season its back to being as strong as it's ever been and the ratings show that.

February 4, 2012 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesse

Every comment I've ever read left by Observer is as ignorant and inane as this one. Just ignore her.

February 6, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  89. More Cowbell

I have never seen it but I agree with you 100 percent. I think it is the dumbest show on TV.

February 3, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Funker

Really? I'm not a big fan of the show, but I least watch it before making a comment on it. You spent your time commenting on a show you've never seen? Pathetic.

February 4, 2012 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Ian

wow...most ignorant comment i have ever seen.

February 4, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Janet

You should watch it first, moron.

February 4, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • CLEpost

The dumbest show on TV that you have never watched. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

February 6, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Mister Jones

Not really that dumb ... I haven't watched that "Rob" show yet, where they try and sneak in every Mexican joke they can think of, but I am pretty sure that it is contending for one of the dumbbest shows that ever aired. I have prrof that "Work It" was awful, because it got yanked in 2 episodes, and I never watched that either. I haven't seen any of the "Housewives of Wherever" shows, but I can assure you that they are all pure, unadulterated crap. ... etc.

February 13, 2012 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Edwin

More Cowbell: seriously? You have never seen this but think it is bad? Are you trying to be funny?

February 15, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Calico

Trolololololo...

March 2, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Yep

Worst comedy on TV, hands down.

February 3, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • rose alexander

Big Bang is hilarious! The fast paced dialogue, non-typical characters, and the well-cast members of the show make it funny to watch over and over. As for the type of humor, I think it does take a certain amount of sophistication as well as education to understand the comedy. It, thankfully, isn't the typical dumb guy or girl showing just how stupid they can act.

February 3, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yep

I don't know what show you're watching rose. I disagree 100% with everything you just said.

February 3, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • TLC

It is great to see a cast that isn't all "glammed" up, proving that science can be funny and at the same time mentally stimulating just to keep up with some of the comments. (I have worked with scientists, maybe that is why this is so funny to me). This show is leap years beyond the typical sitcoms of today. The roommate agreement will come back I am sure. The show is a blast!!!!

February 4, 2012 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Rob

I guess you've never seen How I Met Your Mother

February 4, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Janet

I've done nothing but laugh since this show came on in 2005! The characters are believable, the search for love over geekiness do happen in real life, and the occasional annoying roommate is now shown to the public, so yeah, the show is great! Everyone had the annoying roommate! I love this show and I hope it stays on for a few more seasons.

February 4, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • bob

I've tried to watch the show...really I have. A number of times. It's atrocious, absolutely the worst. Totally unwatchable

February 5, 2012 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michaek

Invoke GE t tired of the pop singing okay

February 6, 2012 at 3:17 am | Report abuse |
    • John

Obviously, Yep is a fan (she's here isn't she?) and just so envious she's begging for attention by leaving a comment even she would laugh at.

February 6, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • greg

if you don't find the show funny, it's obvious that you're just not very smart since you won't get the jokes they make. the writing is well done, and acting is terrific...it is an intellectual show. if you're one of those idiots who like the jersey shore, then go watch your trash tv from the trailer park.

February 7, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Chartreuxe

Such obvious flamebait and so many takers.

February 7, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • agreed

Sorry, guys. The show is just not funny. I have a Ph.D. in physics and it is not due to a lack of sophistication that I find this show stale. Keep in mind that it's brought to us by the same people who brought us insipid shows such as Two and a Half Men and Mike and Molly–I've never heard anyone seriously claim that the comedy in these shows was somehow sophisticated.

February 8, 2012 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Mister Jones

@greg – I do not find the show funny at all. I have tried several times to watch it to appease my cute neighbor, but I just don't find the show that funny. The jokes are fairly predicatable and the characters are not very deep at all. You will also never convince me that I am "not very smart at all" simply because I don't like the same television programming that you do. And sorry to burst your bubble, but if your definition of "intellectual TV' is between this and Jersey Shore, then you REALLY need to explore some other channels.

February 13, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Clyde M

I agree. I saw Star Wars in theaters in 77. I played text adventures. I admined a BBS and my first computer has 128k or RAM and no hard drive. I know the name of the Mad God from Bard's Tale, I can program in multiple languages, I love THinkGeek, I can quote the entire Holy Grail script from heart, and I've seen virtually every Dr. Who episode available (and not just the new ones). I've written science textbooks and dressed as a Spaceball for Halloween. I am a HUGE nerd and I really don't see what the appeal of this flat, boring, derivative show is. I gave it a week of syndicated shows, five episodes and I laughed out loud twice. I really just don't get it at all and I have no idea why it is so popular.

February 13, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • jjjohn

Search for Big Bang Theory without laugh track. It shows just how horrible this show is. Most of the jokes aren't even jokes but just geek references but the laugh track goes crazy. The laugh track is used to slow down the pace of the show so they don't have to write as much and to cover up week writing. And it *IS* a laugh track. Yes, it is is filmed before a studio audience but, as is common in the industry, it is 'sweetened' with canned laugh to both pump up the volume and to fill is spots where the audience doesn't react. Horrible, horrible show that is for people that think they are smart rather than actual smart people.

February 14, 2012 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Bill

You mean to say BEST comedy on TV... I would know, I'm a genius... You should thank me for correcting you, otherwise you would look like a moron!

February 14, 2012 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • BD

"Yep" is too dumb to appreciate and understand Big Bang Theory.

February 15, 2012 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Edwin

I used to think it was dreadful, but my wife got addicted to hit and insisted it was funny... so I ended up watching several episodes. It DOES grow on you. I think it is best appreciated by those, like Penny, who are stuck in the periphery of nerd-like activities a lot, though others might enjoy it.

It is nowhere near as clever as Frasier, and the interpersonal drama pales when compared to Cheers, but it is not entirely bad - the humor mostly revolves around how really smart guys are often wimps and socially inept. If this stereotype is funny to you, the show will make you laugh; if it offends you, you will think it abysmal.

February 15, 2012 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • James

@ Janet – Funny you say you've been a fan since 2005 since the show didn't premiere until 2007!!!

February 16, 2012 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • beachobx

The show is the best comedy on TV! Jim Parson's consecutive Emmy wins and Golden Globe win were well deserved. I have a PhD in mathematics and the show does an excellent spoof of some of the nerds with whom I work. But I and my colleagues agree that it's not really a slam – it's just downright hilarious. And for the record, I also watch American Idol.

February 17, 2012 at 5:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Ryan

I'm smart and I think it's a pretty good show. Plus Kaley Cuoco has nice boobs.

February 17, 2012 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Yep, you have to be out of your mind. I'm not going to assume you aren't educated, but if you have any background in post-secondary science, or any relationship with anyone who does have that background, it makes sense that you wouldn't understand. That being said, however, my father is a high school drop out, my mother has an associates degree, but both of them LOVE this show, and that's saying something (they HATE all television pretty much). There is no way you can be serious when you say it's the worst comedy ever. It is the EXACT opposite (as per the ratings). I don't know what Friend's and Seinfeld ratings were, but this one can't be far behind.

February 17, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Denhunter

I love the fact that all these snobby, over-educated and under life-experienced nerds are here posting how they don't get the humor. OF COURSE you find the show boring, trite, uninspiring and generally not funny!!!

Well, duh! The show is about you and your miserable lives! (and shouldn't you all be at Mega-Con this weekend?)

February 18, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Beth

Worst ever? Are you KIDDING ME? You must not have watched much TV. It's one of the best out there. Or maybe you just dont "get" the geek humor. Maybe watch it with a geek and have them explain the jokes to you

February 21, 2012 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
    • MichaelChatt

Just because you have a PHD there is no cretainty of true intelligence, or sense of humor, nor an abiltility to appreciate being made fun of. I would suggest that Sheldon himself would likely not enjoy watching the Show. I am biased though. It's the only show I've ever purchased every season on. I don't have a PHD, though I did try. I simply didn't have the funds to pull it off or family infrastructure to pull it off. I have not given up. I'm certainly no genius, and I don't get every joke but I laugh like a crazy person during pretty much every eppisode.

As for Physics. Sheldon would ask about your original work contributing to true science. I would ask, what makes you laugh? 3 stoogies? Gilligan?

February 23, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Flappy

Actually in my opinion it is the best comedy of all time. Maybe you were being tongue in cheek with your comment.

If not all I can say is you may not have the proper background to appreciate the humor. If you hang around geeks more you would probably get the humor. I'm sure there is a lot of comedy you like that I wouldn't appreciate just because we run around in different circles.

February 27, 2012 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Flappy

I'm thinking some of these guys who have PHDs that don't like the show might be identifying too much with Sheldon for their own comfort. If so I think you should know I find Sheldon quite charming. You can't help but love the guy even when he is being insulting. He is what he is, the good and the bad taken together. He can't help but be any other way and God help me I love him to pieces.

February 27, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • step

I agree...somewhat. Not worst comedy, though. Simply not funny. I am Seinfeld and Arrested Development fan, so I get the 'intellectual' comedy, but this is just average at best. While cute and clever, just not laughable funny.

February 29, 2012 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |