While you were working...
February 2nd, 2012

While you were working...

Today's news you might've missed:

• Britney Spears, like most with a sense of humor, is a fan of "Modern Family." After revealing this news on Twitter, Sofia Vergara tossed out the idea of a Spears cameo on the acclaimed ABC comedy. Brit herself said she'd "love" to do it, but what do you think? #GetBritneyonModernFamily? Discuss. [Billboard]
  • Can you picture Russell Crowe as the Biblical figure Noah? Rumor has it that if director Darren Aronofsky gets his way, Crowe will helm the ark in the reported adaptation of the Old Testament story in "Noah." [Deadline]
  • Those curious on what Sarah Jessica Parker would look like as Gloria Steinem in "Lovelace," now that she's taken over the role since Demi Moore dropped out, check the link. [TMZ]
  • If a Gosling-O-Gram just won't cut it, Time Warner Cable is offering subscribers something even more visual: The company is offering Digital TV subscribers all the Gosling they can handle by making his movies available on demand for the month of February. [NYDN]
  • The latest to join the Grammys performance lineup? None other than Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band!

Filed under: While you were working

1. Dave

I remember Britney in "How I Meet Your Mother" and she work very good in comedy

February 5, 2012 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  2. Charlie Crack

You are all wastes of space, air and time and ALL need to get lives. It's only the most self-centered, clueless, self-important, blowhard morons that make people HAVE TO read their lame personal conversations. Who uses a PUBLIC board to have PRIVATE conversations? Right. People who have no lives whom make it SEEM like they have lives by holding conversations ONLINE where everyone else MUST see them. Leave your living rooms/bedrooms/basements/home offices... and GET.SOME.LIVES!

February 3, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. @1:39

what r u talking about? exactly who gets mad?

February 3, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  4. @1:01

I thought the same. The showoff doesn't like his chubbies bulllied but they sure can dish it.lol. I do enjoy p!ssing them off. They're so quick to get mad.lol

February 3, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. huh?

How can you judge someone just by their comments? That's unrealistic!

February 3, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. huh?

Exactly *who* are the "normal" bloggers? There is no such thing!

February 3, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. @normal bloggers

Just be glad you're not married to one of them.

February 3, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  8. @normal bloggers

It's obvious that these people are coming on here with their convos to annoy people. There is nothing anyone can really do about it. It obvious they don't have the lives that they want others to think. I'm guessing some just don't have much pride and respect for themselves to make public fools of themsleves.

February 3, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • trix are for kids

You can speculate all you want but it is what it is.

I mean, my opinion is that it may even be the same person on different aliases... but as you know it's the internet. ANYTHING is possible, no exceptions... my opinions could be FAR from the truth, and they can also be spot on. We'll never know; speculation is the best we can do... and with that said we should just leave it at that.

February 3, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Goofy Gina

Good morning! Reading this was more entertaining than reading the newspaper! To my girlies, I'm back home and things are back to "normal". I'll be in touch after running some errands. Have fun, peeps!

February 3, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  10. @trix

I don't think anybody in their right mind is looking for a relationship on this blog. Those two gals hooking up for lunch kind of sounds fun. I can't wait to hear how it goes. They both sound like a hoot anyways. Could be interesting!

February 3, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  11. trix are for kids

I don't think it's a problem at all to make friends on a blog. If you pursue a relationship on a blog, well... that's totally different... lol.

February 3, 2012 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  12. I'd like to chime in

First off, that email address doesn't work. I checked a long time ago. I agree with the crazy sign person. What's wrong with making some new "friends"? I like to chat with ppl. Is that a crime that I don't know about? I've seen Trix chatting with ppl before. Do I care? NO! I think it is pretty cool that these ppl can joke around with each other, without evening knowing each other. Why doesn't everyone just pull their panties out of their butts, and just get over it. Live & let live!

February 3, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • @ I'd like to chime in

Doesn't work as in no one responded or doesn't work as in it came back as "undeliverable e-mail?" If the latter happened, then it's safe to assume that the "cc gang" is still here. I wouldn't be surprised at that. That would mean the "anti-troll" is cc.

February 3, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  13. trix are for kids

Let me make myself clear: I don't have a problem with your on- or off-topic posting whatsoever. Heck, I don't even care about tracie's posts or Richard Fore's trolling. It's all part of a public forum. Each person has a right to voice their opinions. Once in a while I admit I do get a little irritated at some people when they write ignorant drivel (like racist commentary) but honestly I usually don't care. There are no rules in forum posting other than adhering to the guidelines, so if that's taken care of it's all good.

February 3, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  14. @trix

I have a problem with the fact that nothing makes anybody happy on this blog. You are danged if you do, and danged if you don't. I don't have a problem with anybodies posts, even yours. What I was saying is just post. This is an equal opportunity blog. Everybody has the same rights here. For a while, nobody even posted here they were so afraid of the trolls. At least, these ppl don't care about the trolls. They seem to have a little backbone. Let me ask you this, if somebody comments to you, do you not respond? No difference.

February 3, 2012 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  15. .•|•.

Funny how this works. You b itch that we went off topic, yet, none of you are on topic at all. No worries, Sadie & I will be talking on the ph together after Tues, I'm sure of that. Why do you have a problem w/people from diff places making friends? It starts somewhere, ummm, like a blog. No one forces you to read the comments, skip over them. It only hap's on the wyww. You on the other hand troll all the blogs, big diff between you & me. BTW, I don't troll, I come here for a laugh. If I make some friends along the way, so be it. I'm done responding to you from here on out. Troll on if that's what makes you happy. Back to work for me, see ya on tonights wyww! :)

February 3, 2012 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  16. @jimbo

and your on topic comment was?.....can you say double standard?

February 3, 2012 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  17. @my opinion

So what! Do you see anybody else posting on this one? Trolls drove everyone away. If you wanted to post something, why didn't you? You are just trying to start your own sh!t. Those ppl just being friendly, & having a little fun. Why is that such a problem for you. Obviously, they don't know the email ppl. If you want to post a comment, just do it. I'm sure they'd welcome you into the conversation. Why don't you get off everyone's backs. Either join in or ignore it. You do have a choice. Quit being so childish!

February 3, 2012 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
    • trix are for kids to "@my opinion"

What's childish is that you have a problem with someone else's OPINION. Seems like you got a little too angry and bent out of shape just because someone expressed their opinion. Not everyone is a fan of the conversation, and although I think if people don't like it they should ignore, when 90% of the article is your commentary, well I think that's what this guy was voicing his opinion about. I don't really care because this article really isn't all that interesting anyway. Most of this blog is about seeing other people's off-topic useless commentary, anyway, so carry on.

February 3, 2012 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  18. @ Sokman

Yeah, you seem to be doing SO WELL without those "fairy tales" sitting here on Marquee Blogs. What an accomplishment!

February 3, 2012 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
    • my opinion

These people are no different from the other "storytellers" that were around back in the day... the only difference is that these guys are on topic for the first one or two comments and then they just do their thing as opposed to never being on topic. The efforts to move them to e-mail by several individuals seems to have been in vain, or it could be because this is a new batch. I doubt that's the case. I think these people are the same ones who were here before, just different aliases.

Sokman is different though, I do believe the last batch of storytellers were Christian.

February 3, 2012 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  19. Ahh well

Good Luck, Jimbo. These fat lady-trolls have no other friends and no place else to go. They can't leave their homes, so the only contact they have with the outside world is here.

February 3, 2012 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  20. No name Jimbo

Would you sad, pathetic excuse for human beings care to move your innane conversations to someplace else? Do you think we really need to read your boring drivel?

February 3, 2012 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
    • @ No name Jimbo

They usually start with an on-topic discussion then go off on a tangent... that's how they get their "relevance" in.

February 3, 2012 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  21. Sly Sadie

Like I said, lurking.

February 3, 2012 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  22. Sly Sadie

Dude, I'm not on my phone. Ya got to do better than that! Hey Sokman. There here, just lurking.

February 3, 2012 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  23. @sokman

I heard ur so fat from all those tacos you eat that your fairy wings can't get u off the ground.

February 3, 2012 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  24. @sokman

O shut ur taco eating fairy face fatso

February 3, 2012 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  25. Sokman

No-Trolls, sorry I missed ya :-)

February 3, 2012 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  26. Sly Sadie

@Coolbreezes-Good night you big hung of burning love. I won't wear panties that day just for you :)

February 3, 2012 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  27. Sokman

Make no mistake Mormon, I have found faith & happiness. Faith in myself & happiness in my family. But dont worry, I dont judge you for needing a fairy tale to believe in to get through life like you judge everyone for not being like you

February 3, 2012 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  28. Sly Sadie

Have a good eve, Coolbreeze! lol tonight!

February 3, 2012 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  29. Coolbreeze

Goodnight babe...you are fun.

February 3, 2012 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  30. Sly Sadie

Richard, is that you! lol...

February 3, 2012 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  31. Coolbreeze

Nope...you will be buying on November 24th, 2012. I promise but I will still let you stay here during the summer even if you like that team up north. You will have to clean up after yourself even if that is unusual for people of your culture up there. I will allow you to use the bathroom even if you people up north generally go outside. I will treat you with respect even if you are from that g od forsaken state. It's not your fault. Take care babe.

February 3, 2012 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  32. @crazy sign

Good night Peace. Is ur sister moondancer going as well or does she still work 8 jobs like she told us?

February 2, 2012 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Sly Sadie

Well, I guess that will be you! lol... looser-good one!

February 2, 2012 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Coolbreeze

I meant the loser pays or if Dickie were writing this the looser pays.

February 2, 2012 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Coolbreeze

Ok Sadie...just you and me...I think. Summerfest or Germanfest??? Or maybe November 24 party till we drop and the winner pays. Your call babe.

February 2, 2012 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Sly Sadie

Yep, still here. Just watching tv. I know who she is now, too. lol !!

February 2, 2012 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Coolbreeze

Crazy sign...love you and be safe and thanks. I will always reserve a place at well....you know. :)

February 2, 2012 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Coolbreeze

Goodnight crazy sign...waiting on that hint. Sadie...still up and yes, Dick was funny.

February 2, 2012 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  39. .•|•.

Coolbreeze, your 2nd guess was right! Hey Richard, I'm proud of ya! Sadie, I'm sure it will be too! Just look for the balloon, seriously! Yup, gonna be fun! Nite all, peace! ;)

February 2, 2012 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Sly Sadie

@ Richard- I got to admit, that one made me laugh!

February 2, 2012 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  41. .•|•.

Hey you 2, My ph is gonna die. Gotta call it a day. Sure I'll "see" ya tomorrow! :)

February 2, 2012 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Coolbreeze

Crazy sign...give me a hint and then I will get it.

February 2, 2012 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Coolbreeze

lol @ Dick

February 2, 2012 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Sly Sadie

Crazy sign- I'll talk with my friends. I'm sure we can make it. We're a little crazy, too. Should be fun!

February 2, 2012 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Coolbreeze

Crazy sign...P

February 2, 2012 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  46. .•|•.

No Coolbreeze, your close tho!

February 2, 2012 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Coolbreeze

Crazy sign...think I know who you are and miss you. You and Sadie are welcome at my place and can sleep well...you know. :)

February 2, 2012 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  48. .•|•.

Coolbreeze, your 11:01 comment confused me. I'm not a troll. When everyone switched their names to ?, I changed mine to this crazy sign. I like it too, its hard to duplicate! Sadie, That would be cool! Tell ya what, I'll be w/the crazy group of girls w/ a balloon. That way you can tell it's me, ok? The people at the casino (dealers) will love it! Coolbreeze, Did that make any sense?

February 2, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Coolbreeze

Missed you sf

February 2, 2012 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  50. .•|•.

Lol, Coolbreeze!

February 2, 2012 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Sly Sadie

Crazy- I usually have Tuesdays off, and my gambling buddies can go anytime. Lunch? That could work! This could be interesting.

February 2, 2012 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Coolbreeze

Ok crazy person sign...confused because I don't play anyone but me. Are you telling me you are both or do we have a troll? Regardless, all women that come to Summerfest can sleep...well you know. :)

February 2, 2012 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  53. .•|•.

Yes I am, Sadie. No worries, I'm not some stalker person or anything weird! Lol!

February 2, 2012 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Coolbreeze

Crazy sign gal and Sadie can sleep well...you know. :)

February 2, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  55. .•|•.

Oh hahaha! Coolbreeze, I'm a girl! Actually, you know who I am. I got my crazy sign when everyone switched to "?". Your festi's sound fun! I'm just cracking up right now!

February 2, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Sly Sadie

Crazy sign person- I'm assuming you are a gal by the way you write? Coolbreeze- I think I'm blushing! lol..

February 2, 2012 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Coolbreeze

But crazy sign guy...you get the couch. Sadie...well, you know. :)

February 2, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Coolbreeze

Summerfest is last week of June leading up to July 4. Great bands on many stages throughout the grounds along the lake and of course, plenty of beer.

February 2, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  59. .•|•.

It is a small world! Grab your friends & go there Tues! We plan on getting there 'round 1. We meet at the resturant, do lunch, hit the tables, & end up in the lounge to watch band. (In the eve)Always fun, the more the merrier! Coolbreeze, When are your festi's? I bet that's a good time, also!

February 2, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Coolbreeze

Or boat trip...would be fun!!!!

February 2, 2012 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Sly Sadie

ROAD TRIP! lol !!!

February 2, 2012 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Coolbreeze

Summerfest or Germanfest...not that far away guys and gals.

February 2, 2012 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Sly Sadie

crazy sign person- I've seen that advertised. My friends & I were talking about it, too. I'm still laughing about how strange this is! It's a small world!

February 2, 2012 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  64. .•|•.

Sorry Sadie, I got a ph call. I do everything from my ph. That casino is celebrating 1yr anniversary of opening. Got some "to do's" going on. There's a whole bunch of us going on Tues to invade the craps table!

February 2, 2012 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Sly Sadie

Yes! I've been there, too. I really like it there. Lots of fun!

February 2, 2012 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  66. .•|•.

I've been across that pond, coolbreeze! Did the Dells, had some water pk fun, & just "played"! (Got cheese, of course) Sadie, How about our casino's, do you go? I like the new 1 down S 131.(GL)

February 2, 2012 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Sly Sadie

Coolbreeze-I have to admit that I don't follow college b-ball. I like to watch it, but I'm not up on it. We've never had a great b-ball team. Now, State usually does. Football, though, bring it baby! lol...

February 2, 2012 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Sly Sadie

Holy crap! Wouldn't it be funny if we were there at the same time! I don't usually hang in GR that much, but every now then. lol...Wow, I'm in shock! This is too funny!

February 2, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  69. .•|•.

I love it, crazy sign person! Lol! Well coolbreeze, I have selective memory, only things of interest. I thought that was cool about her & book!

February 2, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Coolbreeze

I'm only a short ferry ride from both of you across the pond...party at my place. Hehe

February 2, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Coolbreeze

@ crazy sign personS...you have a better memory than me. Yes...it is being published but I haven't heard of the results so as a dad who doesn't live full-time with daughter, I have to wait but thanks for remembering. Very thoughtful!!!!

Sadie...remember last Sunday when the OSU put a beat down on your basketball team. I enjoyed that too lol. But beware on November 24 in football. It will be ugly lol. Take care babe.

February 2, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  72. .•|•.

No shi, I mean, no kiddin'! Do you like the clubs in DTGR? I still like "The Bob", we always have fun there! Ha, wonder why!

February 2, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Sly Sadie

I'm only about 30 miles away.

February 2, 2012 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  74. .•|•.

Sadie, Not too far, a hop, skip, & a jump. You?

February 2, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Sly Sadie

Sorry Coolbreeze! Ok, I owe you one. I do seem to recall that we did beat you this year in football. I think I really enjoyed it, too! lol... Sorry, had to do it! To the crazy sign person: are you close to GR?

February 2, 2012 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  76. .•|•.

Your daughters book.

February 2, 2012 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Coolbreeze

Hey 9:27...what do you mean by publishing? But hope you are doing well and like you posts.

February 2, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  78. .•|•.

Britney Spears? Must be she's been a good girl lately, don't hear much about her anymore. Sadie, Sounds like we live in the same state! I'm on the mid west side, how about you? (If your not comfortable answering, don't. Just curious) Hi to coolbreeze & Sokman! Coolbreeze, Hows the publishing coming? Richard Fore,Lol, that greasiness might calm that itch!

February 2, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Coolbreeze

Sadie...understand and I'm only playing the rivalry angle. You and I will always be fine and I like talking sports with you. But remember...I almost died today so you owe me for the shock. It really hurt lol. Take care babe.

February 2, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Sly Sadie

Hey Coolbreeze- I knew when you said go Buckeye's, we were going to have a problem. lol. I'm pretty good at talking smack on football, too. I'm a sports nut, especially football.

February 2, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Coolbreeze

Sadie...forgot about basketball season. Maybe a few more days where I hate you lol. But that shouldn't be a problem.

February 2, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Coolbreeze

Sadie...knew you were from there. Damn...we could have made a great couple lol. Still could but one day a year I would hate you. This year will be November 24. Kidding aside...we need to talk smack on November 24. Take care babe.

February 2, 2012 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Sly Sadie

I wonder if the "Noah" movie will be a sci-fi action flick? @Sokman-I agree about the"boss" at the grammys I've always been a fan. @Coolbreeze- glad to see you've recovered. Didn't mean to shock you! lol...

February 2, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Coolbreeze

Hey Mormon...maybe you will make it out of Utah.

February 2, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  85. mormon

I feel bad for you Sokman. Maybe one day you will find faith and happiness.

February 2, 2012 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Sokman

Crowe is a jerk, & I have no interest watching his overdramatic portrayal of a fictional Bible character. I'm down with Springsteen at the Grammys. Should be good

February 2, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |