An incident report obtained by CNN Thursday from the Chautauqua County Sheriff's Office indicates that Leslie Carter, the deceased sister of singers Nick and Aaron Carter, suffered an apparent overdose and was taking medication for depression.
Carter, an aspiring singer, died Tuesday in upstate New York at the age of 25. The incident report notes that three prescription drugs were found near Carter: Olanzapine, used to treat the symptoms of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder; Cyclobenzaprine, a muscle relaxant; and Alprazolam, used to treat anxiety or panic disorders, also known as Xanax.
Carter's step-mother, Ginger, and father, Robert, told police that the 25-year-old mom had a "long history of mental illness and was on medication for her depression."
An autopsy has been conducted, but an official cause of death can't be determined until toxicology results come back in four to six weeks.
According to the report, Carter was at home with her step-mother Ginger on Tuesday, and Ginger reported to police that while Carter had seemed OK that morning, at times she seemed depressed, "just by the way she was talking."
Carter asked Ginger to care for her 10-month-old daughter that day because she wasn't "feeling great." At one point, Ginger told police that she realized Carter had been in the bathroom for some time, and when she went to check on her, saw that Carter had fallen into the shower.
After helping her step-daughter out of the bathroom and into her bed, Ginger said she continued to care for Carter's daughter while periodically checking on Carter. Ginger said she didn't wake up when she would sit on the bed, or sit the baby on the bed, but still had color to her skin and was breathing, and appeared to be sleeping.
It wasn't until Carter's father Robert came home that afternoon that Carter was found to be unresponsive and not breathing. Her father tried to perform CPR, but Carter was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead within the hour.
Woah this weblog is excellent i love reading your posts. Keep up the great work! You understand, many individuals are looking around for this info, you could aid them greatly.
She had no business being on or having all three of those meds. Sorry, but no excuses, American has more than enough vicitims as it is...
Maybe it was an accident, maybe she was hoping one day to not wake up. Who knows. I know someone who would take drugs to pass out and she hoped each time she wouldn't wake up. One day, she didn't wake up. She got her wish.
FACT: THESE ARE THE LAST DAYS, THERE WILL BE MORE DYING SUCH AS THIS
ILLNESS, DEPRESSION HAS INCREASED 100%.
WHEN A PERSON MAKES UP THEIR MIND TO HARM THEMSELVES
THEY PLAN IT OUT, AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO....
MENTAL ILLNESS , 25YRS OLD....
IT NOT OVER YET,
I have to agree that if the step-mother Ginger would have called 911 when she found her that may have saved her life. However we cannot judge this woman because Leslie may have done this in the past and just slept it off. None of us know what happened other than a young woman taking medication has now passed away and left a innocent baby without a mama. Some of her other family members have had issues with drugs and alcohol. When a md prescribes a med it should be taken exactly as prescribed by the md and not how you want to take it. Also when a person gets meds from a md they need to make sure they are only going to one md and one pharmacy so that any interactions can be addressed. Hope that this disease skips a generation and that the baby will live a long healthy life. And maybe this will help anyone else in her family who has issues to seek the help they need to get better. Regardless of whether she did this purposely or accidently she needed help and above all keep in mind that no matter how she passed she is still someone's Mother,Daughter,Sister,Wife, and Family Member. May God Be with You All.
Is anyone else having Brittany Murphy flashbacks?
Oh boooohoooo, waaa i'm a rich white girl! waaaa i have so many problems!! waaaaaaa oh stfu, you deserve what you got
A person died. Perhaps she meant nothing to the lot of us but at least respect the dead. Don't need to stick a fork in a corpse for no reason. Just hope that if you ever have problems or depression you have people to turn to. Hopefully the tables never get turned to you so that someone can say that to you. Life does work that way sometimes, so be happy with what you have and don't bash others for what they don't have.
Mo Money Mo Problems.
it's so terrible to hear she suffered with depression....I hope she is at peace.......so tragic
When CNN posted the original story that she died, I immediatly called a drug overdose. Typical.
And I read your posts and think "Typical Texas hick who has no idea about the real world."
: ) LOL : )
STFU tracie! MY STORY TO TROLL! FIND SOME OTHER BRIDGE TO HIDE UNDER! B!ctch!!!!!
D OO D OO.
You said stool. HA HAA ! D OOOOOODIE D oo D oo Stool.
... ... ... BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Knew it! One down, two to go!
Wow lady, relax. lol
I would recommend this health insurance plan i found through "Penny Medical" to anyone with a growing family who is looking to minimize their medical expenses.
IF She over dosed thats VERY SAD. She is a mother, sister, daughter, grandchild & friend of many ppl. so no matter how WE look at it im sure she was probably NOT trying to commit sucide. it was probably a accident. SO get off ur high & mighty judging stool & take a look@ur own PERFECT LIVES!!! DON'T SLANDER SOME1'S NAME THAT U DON'T KNOW!!! IT'S NOT RIGHT!!! SO WHAT DID "UR PARENTS TEACH YOU?!?!"
My parents taught me that drugs were bad. I'm sure her parents taught her the same thing considering two of her simblings are still alive. My parents, and school, taught me to read therefore I take medication as it is prescribed on the bottle, not more than what the doctor prescribed. She did this to herself therefore it is NOT sad. I believe the word you are looking for is "expected". It is expected!
Rodney, you are a cold-hearted container of a human being. You obviously have NO idea what it meas to be in pure mental hell. To have your brain telling you things even the devil himself wouldn't think of. SO glad you do not suffer this way but it sickens me that you cannot conceive of the humans who do. Drugs are almost always an attempt to self-medicate this pain away, and sadly, the best available treatments do not have very good success rates. Now back to your perfect little life and leave this poor family alone.
Who the hell r u 2 say She was the "Lesser Child" or that her family is ISN'T sad & r probably ok w/her death? The truth is that if she wasn't famous NONE OF US would be talkin about her commiting suicide. Or that someone should have taken better action. it's ALWAYS "WHAT IF" It's sad, she had ALOT 2 BE HAPPY ABOUT & NONE OF "US" have a right 2 JUDGE HER OR HER PARENTS OR FAMILY
If you read anything about her life, it's obvious that her parents are truly to blame for her depression and her suicide. What's saddest is that, based on their actions towards and treatment of her that so clearly pointed her in this tragic direction, I seriously doubt they are mourning or grieving – more likely they are elated they don't have to deal with the "lesser" child anymore. Horrible, horrible people.
*That's sad. R.I.P. * I don't recalled hearing about her so I googled her and she was on a reality show "The House of Carters", @Evel. Never saw the show. Have no clue about it.
Thats sad. We pray for her and her family.
It's not sad.....It's stupid! She did it to herself. I don't feel sorry for people who commit suicide or overdose on drugs. They had a choice and they chose the wrong one. Don't feel sorry for people like that. Be thankful there is one less junkie in this world.
Did I miss something? I didn't see anything reporting a suicide. It does state she has suffered from severe depression for sometime and having a 10 month old, her depression could of very likely excelled in post partum, where as this may not of been intentional. My question here is why did Ginger not be a little more concerned and taken a little more action, especially after the fact that she found her in the bathroom and found she'd fallen 'into', not in, the shower. I think she could very well still be with us if better judgement had been used. Though I was not there, so I'm simply making an observation, not a judgement.
Agree with you. If you sit on the bed, with a baby, and someone doesn't wake up, they're not asleep, they're unconscious. A stepmother's just not a mother. Sad.
So sad to see young people die bec. they were not able to seek the proper help they should need, sad also for the daughter who is left behind. I hope good things come from this and let this be a lesson for everyone who is suffering from depression, don't be afraid to seek help.
I agree it is sad, but are you just assuming suicide, or have you seen that somewhere? Given the combination of drugs found on the proprty, that probably is a safe assumption, along with accidental overdose. Just curious if you've read something that has tried to confirm this?
bhitaggnfire on February 17, 2011 i really feal sorry for him :S man what happen he like tell him he was going to do the speach 2 seconds befor it was going to hit?
I cant even begin to imagine what demons she would feel she was facing to see suicide as the only way to gain peace. Especially leaving a 10 month old daughter behind. Mental illness is so tricky and people shouldnt be made to feel stigmatized or ashamed should they ask for help to avoid Lesleys and many others end.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 7,777 other followers