While you were working...
February 1st, 2012

While you were working...

Today's news you might've missed:

• It'll be a battle of the chart-toppers at this year's Grammys: Katy Perry is the latest performer to join the Grammys show, just a day after it was announced that Adele will showcase her pipes on February 12 as well.
  • Tim McGraw has done it again: The country star has notched his 13th No. 1 debut with "Emotional Traffic," which bowed atop the Billboard Country chart.
  • If our YouTube clip of a 1974 "Soul Train" episode just wasn't enough of a ride down memory lane, check out a re-airing of VH1's tribute to Don Cornelius with the documentary "Soul Train: The Hippest Trip in America" on Friday, February 3 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
  • Showtime has bequeathed "House of Lies," "Shameless" and "Californication" with new seasons, which we're thankful for, because fans certainly would've rioted if any of those were axed. [USA Today]
  • Score one for Stephen Amell: The actor has been cast as the titular character in the CW's "Green Arrow." [THR]
  • We'd use the word "delicious" to describe this first look photo of Daniel Craig in "Skyfall," but perhaps you'd use a different adjective...[E!]
  • And by the way: Snooki's not pregnant. (Really, who started that rumor?) [MTV]

Filed under: While you were working

1. Coolbreeze

That's ok Sadie...I figured out awhile back you were from that state up north. Thank g od the defib worked lol.

February 2, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Sly Sadie

Hey Coolbreeze- sorry! I knew that would that would make you freak. lol.

February 2, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Coolbreeze

Not a M#!@&%#n fan...I'm stroking out!!!

February 2, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sly Sadie

Hey Sokman! All I have to say is "go Blue"! Have a good day!

February 2, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sokman

I'm a realist & know Mizzou wont come in next year & take the SEC by storm, but you have to understand my excitement at being part of one of the most elite conferences in the country. The Big 12 is dying & few of its teams are relevent anymore. the aquisition of DGB is already showing that MU made the right decision, & I'm looking forward to seeing new rivalries develop, & the Tigers to grow as a team. MIZZOU-RAH

February 2, 2012 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  6. @10:26

yes, you are. you failed on that one, sissy troll. nice try!

February 2, 2012 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  7. .*|*.

I'm a d!psh!t!

February 2, 2012 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  8. *?!

Same pathetic losers – just some under different names with 1 or 2 new losers aboard, riding the mental train. Whatever makes one happy and feel like they have a fulfill life.

February 2, 2012 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  9. madhater

Hey Loose A55 B!tch, why don't you try obsessing over somone else for a chainge?

February 2, 2012 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  10. tracie

Anyone notice that Sly is here 24/7? It was here all day yesterday, and IT posted at 1:31AM. Nice life ya got their, b!tch!

February 2, 2012 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
    • .•|•.

Morning troll! You picked the wrong name to jack. Tracie doesn't talk like that to anyone. Tracie says what tracie does, that's it. I'm afraid you'll have to try again. BTW, no I didn't notice Sadie here 24/7...hmmm, I guess I'll have to pay better attn.

February 2, 2012 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  11. LAB

@10:19 lol.You got old Dicky4'

February 2, 2012 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
  12. Sly Sadie

Now, boys. I hate to tell you who I root for. Coolbreeze, you'd probably have a stroke. We did pretty good this year, too.

February 2, 2012 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  13. Coolbreeze

DGB will not be enough to take Missou to the promised land. He will be good and with your new Ohio QB he will perform. But, the big boys have defense, offense and depth...something Missouri does not have. But enjoy getting the best WR in the country. Go Buckeyes!!!!!

February 2, 2012 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  14. Sokman

BTW, while I was working, my Missouri Tigers signed one of the top high school football recruits in the nation. DGB will be a great player to help the Tiger's transition into Big Boy Country, aka the SEC. MIZZOU-RAH!

February 2, 2012 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  15. Sokman

Maybe its a tee totaler that just can't commit? Good evening folks. Just making my way through today's headlines. I see your fans are out in force again tonight Sadie. Its starting to resemble a schoolyard crush. You always throw rocks at the girl you like, but really hope you don't hit her lol

February 2, 2012 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  16. Sly Sadie

Sometimes CNN leaves strange stuff for us to comment on. Somebody actually gets paid for that!

February 1, 2012 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Coolbreeze

Sadie...I don't know either but I want to see it lol.

February 1, 2012 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Sly Sadie

Good evening, Sokman! What I want to know is what a ti tular character is? Funny how CNN can post a word, but it won't go through when we use it. Weird.

February 1, 2012 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Sokman

I hope CW does a better job on Green Arrow than the movie did

February 1, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Sly Sadie

I know what you mean. They can be very creative. Have a good night!

February 1, 2012 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Sly Sadie

Coolbreeze- I'm doing good. You are pretty funny tonight! I'm sure that will bring the trolls a running. lol

February 1, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Coolbreeze

Do we care at this point Sadie...No. But it will be fun to wake up in the morning and read what they say...they can be kind of funny. I enjoy reading your trolls also lol. Take care babe!!!!

February 1, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Coolbreeze

I just noticed this. Are you starting to look forward to the trolls coming? Trolling is bad enough, trolling for attention FROM trolls... Wow. Very sad and confusing.

February 2, 2012 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  22. .•|•.

At 75, I just don't know why Don Cornelius would commit suicide. I wonder if he was suffering from an illness...? Anyone know? Not that the age matters,but, to kill yourself? Things have to be pretty bad. How very sad.

February 1, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  23. anti troll guy

Coolbreeze shoots & he scores! Good one, dude! lol

February 1, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  24. @9:02

Lol

February 1, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Coolbreeze

Good LUCK Dick!!!!!!

February 1, 2012 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Richard Fore

Luck my balls

February 1, 2012 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • .•|•.

Hey Richard! I'm just curious, do you have some kind of "j-itch" that licking will relieve? Seems how your not having too much luck w/that, I think your local pharmacy can help you out. ;)

February 1, 2012 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Sly Sadie

Hey Coolbreeze- how are you doing today? The Bond movies are usually a good flick to see. I generally wait until they come out on dvd, though. I like them, but you are right, not as much as the older ones. They seem to have lost something over the years.

February 1, 2012 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Coolbreeze

I'm doing great Sadie. I've got a basketball game on and I'm proud of the Ohio State recruiting class today. Urban Meyer is a rock star and the Big Ten will be owned by him moving forward. I hope you are doing well. Take care.

February 1, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Big N8

You too. We hope your evening will be the best.

February 1, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Coolbreeze

Hi Sadie...thought I would say hi before the trolls start making me laugh. Agree on Snooki and I've never watched the show but based on photos and things I've read, her being pregnant would be terrible. I used to like the Bond movies but have lost interest since either Roger Moore or Ian Flemming stopped being a part of the franchise...not sure what came first. Anyway, take care and have a great evening.

February 1, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Sly Sadie

I hadn't heard the rumor, but thank G od Snooki isn't pregnant. She should never have children. Children having children, never a good mix. Another James Bond movie, I didn't realize this would be #23. That in itself is pretty amazing.

February 1, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |