TLC gets into the 'Preacher Wives' business
February 1st, 2012

TLC gets into the 'Preacher Wives' business

We've examined just about every type of wife imaginable on reality TV, so why not the women who married the men of the cloth?

Entertainment Weekly reports that TLC has ordered a show called "Preacher Wives" from True Entertainment, the same company that molds the shenanigans of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" into 60-minute bites of entertainment.

"Preacher Wives" will follow "strong-willed" Atlanta women who are major player's in the ATL's religious communities. Steve Weinstock, the president of True Entertainment, commented that "with most praise in religious communities directed toward male preachers, we are thrilled to give these remarkable ladies the spotlight they crave and deserve."

That spotlight will follow the women as they oversee daily activities at their various places of worship, assist those within their spiritual community and even deliver a sermon or two. Stay tuned for a premiere date.

Filed under: television

1. Scott

More like "real alcoholics" and "real gossipers". That describes the "religious" women in MY hometown LOL!

February 2, 2012 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  2. malsings07

I was wondering when a Reality show was going to come out about the Preacher Wives but I wonder will it really be about "Truth"

February 2, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Lo Jenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1kkOCaXmLw&w=640&h=390]

February 2, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sly Sadie

That preacher's wife in the picture has got some pretty big bling on. Hubby must be a really good preacher to afford that.

February 2, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  5. john

i thought i saw how miserable tv will go. the biggest comedy on tv is "finding bigfoot". does any one take that show seriously? and now this?

February 2, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jay

It the ministry is of any substance or truth, they will not have have anything to do with this type of show.

February 2, 2012 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  7. starr

something just seem wrong with this idea.......

February 2, 2012 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Sasa

I have to express my icefftaon for your kindness for women who should have help on this one study. Your very own commitment to passing the solution all over had become wonderfully advantageous and has specifically empowered most people just like me to attain their objectives. The warm and friendly guideline denotes a great deal to me and even more to my office workers. Best wishes; from all of us.

March 15, 2012 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  8. Sokman

And how could I forget Trolls: What We Tell Our Mom's Really Goes On In Their Basement

February 2, 2012 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sokman

Coming soon from TLC... Real Housewives of Pro Wrestlers, Dugout: the Unseen Pressures of Pee-Wee Tee Ball Players, & the one I'm personally looking forward to, Sprinkles: A Day in the Life of a Dairy Queen Blizzard Maker

February 1, 2012 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  10. .•|•.

Ugh. Need I say more?

February 1, 2012 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. ms

God help us...

February 1, 2012 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Sly Sadie

Are there no end to these reality shows? I think I'd rather watch paint dry! I'm with you Carrieanne. Sounds like a snooze fest, and a really bad idea.

February 1, 2012 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jonhy

:Almost all I can point out is, I am not sure what to say! Except naturally, for the ntsaaftic tips which are shared on this blog. I will think of a thousand fun strategies to read the reports on this site. I think I will eventually make a move employing your tips on those things I could not have been able to manage alone. You had been so thoughtful to allow me to be one of those to learn from your valuable information. Please know how great I enjoy the whole thing.

March 17, 2012 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  13. carrieanne

They CRAVE the spotlight? Theres something really wrong with people "of the cloth" who are in it for the spotlight. Kinda missed their calling. Big fail idea.

February 1, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brandon

"Crave" and "deserve" the spotlight, huh? Pride before the fall? If the spotlight was on Christ as it should be, then this show would be moot.

February 7, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |