Nick and Aaron Carter's sister Leslie dies at 25
Leslie Carter attended a 2006 event with her brother Aaron, center, and musician AJ McLean.
February 1st, 2012

Nick and Aaron Carter's sister Leslie dies at 25

Singers Nick and Aaron Carter are suffering a loss. Their sister Leslie, an aspiring singer, has passed away at the age of 25, CNN confirms.

"Our family is grieving right now and it's a private matter," the Carter family says in a statement. "We are deeply saddened by the loss of our beloved sister, daughter, and granddaughter, Leslie Carter. We request the utmost privacy during this difficult time."

E! News reports that she passed away Tuesday in upstate New York. Like her brothers, Leslie also had an interest in music, and her song "Like Wow!" was featured on the 2001 "Shrek" soundtrack. She also appeared with her siblings on the 2006 E! reality show, "House of Carters."

According to People magazine, Leslie welcomed a daughter in April of 2011.

Update, 2:03 p.m.: If you were planning on seeing Nick Carter's concert stop in NYC tomorrow, the singer has announced that the show will go on as planned.

Carter says in a statement that he's thankful to those "who have shared their wishes and prayers during this tragic time," and that he plans to continue with his tour "as promised."

“Performing is cathartic to me," he said, "and I am dedicating the rest of my tour to my sister since she loved to watch me perform."

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. RIP LESLIE...TAKE CARE...

April 11, 2013 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  2. ter

Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to mention that I've really loved surfing around your weblog posts. After all I'll be subscribing to your rss feed and I am hoping you write once more soon!

April 11, 2013 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
  3. kathyc

The author should check New York State geography....Carter died in Chautauqua, NY, which is WESTERN NEW YORK; not UPSTATE New York.

March 6, 2012 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  4. Peter

Like wow :0

February 28, 2012 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  5. stayfaded420yessir :)

All of you need to shut up and smoke some herb. stay high :)

February 20, 2012 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Ashley

So much negativity. But I never heard of her until now.

February 16, 2012 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  7. mark

hot girl. fat on arms? i don't see it, you must all be puny dwarfs. sorry for the loss.

February 8, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. badvegan

Ugggg fat arms are fat! No wonder she died.... of being hideous.

February 6, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. sara

aaron carter looks like a complete junkie! sorry about the sister though :(

February 6, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. TT

this is soo messed up ppl need to start thinkin of their kids before they do stupid stuff like this that will kill them...And then what will happen to the kids after they're all grown up and start asking about what happened to their mom or dad then that's really gonna upset the child and it will go down from there

February 6, 2012 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Media dude

Dear CNN: THIS is a news story — you know, with facts and information and stuff. A tragic story, more deserving of the brief outline that was given here.

February 5, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Coolrobb

Another overdose no doubt.

February 3, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Name*Niecy

Richard Fore you should kill yourself. The only reason u are on this all the time is because there is know one in ur life that will really talk to u. Why do u thi k ur daddy left u. I won't tell u to get a life because u are a waste of space, so just die!!!!

February 2, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thisisalltrue

His daddy did not leave. He died from SHAME.

February 3, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  14. GaPeach

To Sadie Fore..I am sure that her daughter will remember her for the rest of her life as she groes up without a mother. When I read these comments, it makes me realize what a sick society we live in! What a shame!

February 2, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  15. GaPeach

I don't usually post on here and was shocked by the lack of compassion of the ones that do. This was a 26 year old woman with a child and it is sad! Remember that was goes around comes around so you could at least have some compassion or keep your stupid remarks to yourself!!!!

February 2, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  16. @me

Sure, I'll "easliy" end you all... If I knew what the HE-LL "easliy" meant! DDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPP!

February 2, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  17. me

Richard- Or how about you can easliy end all of ours? Yeah, it isn't nice when someone says it to you, now is it?

February 2, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  18. Richard Fore

Her brothers can easily end there suffering and join her. Who the he-ll cares about those too frooty brothers of her's anyway?

February 2, 2012 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  19. me

You people are pathetic and sicking... A 25 year old woman is dead! Her family has to face this and continue living without her. Show some respect. We don't know how she died so don't assume!

February 2, 2012 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
    • TT

i agree this is gonna be hard becaise Nick is on tour and this is going to hurt him everyday when he dedicated the Backstreet Boys tour.

February 6, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Quaishaun

Oh no, her too?! I'm shocked to hear about the loss of Nick and Aaron's sister. I remember hearing her song "Like Wow" during the end credits of "Shrek". I send my condolences to the Carter family.

February 2, 2012 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  21. cm

no matter what the cause, or who it is it is still a very sad thing when someone so young dies. Or for that matter when anyone we love or care about passes.

February 2, 2012 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  22. Sokman

I met a troll once. I refused to pay the toll to cross his bridge. He told his mom on me. She just told him to wash his hands before dinner.

February 2, 2012 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  23. Sokman

Excuse me, the Cornelius family.

February 1, 2012 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Sokman

My sympathies to both the Corneleous & Carter families. That being said, does this have to turn into a racial issue?

February 1, 2012 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Lynn

I can't believe you people. Someone just died, how do you think their family feels. What if they read this crap. Have some sympathy towards others. How would you like it if someone in your family died and people are posting immature crap like this. Go to hell.

February 1, 2012 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  26. aj

So, to remember her by we have this picture of her boob hanging out. Stay classy CNN.

February 1, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  27. @Richard Foreskin

Agreed. Nobody in their right mind would think that was sly. Why don't you give it a break for a while. Your sh!t is getting really old. Yep, chronic troll syndrome makes perfect sense.

February 1, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Big N8

I think it was a shame. 25 is way to young to go.

February 1, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  29. @? (aka Sly Sadie)

DEEEEERRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP.

February 1, 2012 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  30. ?

@Troll,
    Serious question here: Were you touched inappropriately by a blogger or something? No one puts this much energy into it. There's a point where as a troll where you transition from amusement into insane obsession. You've been in the obsession part for like a year now. I laughed when the shrinks started talking about Chronic Troll Syndrome, but I think you might actually have it. I'm actually curious as to why you're still at it. I'm sure you'll answer with retardedgibberish and vitriol but such is life. ♥hugs♥

February 1, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Retired Troll

Trolling has changed drastically as years have gone by. A lot of the trolls before were methodical and knew who to target when to target... and they didn't need to be on different aliases to generate the desired results. These days, it's obvious that a lot of people have been immune to a majority of the trolling on here, so they have to resort to other measures. Welcome to a change in the times. Trolls can never be stopped... the only way a troll is no longer a troll is when they grow up... so in the meantime DEAL WITH IT, PEOPLE.

February 1, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Retired Troll

Even as stupid as this troll "Richard Fore" is... he's still doing a good job of stirring everyone up. That's all he really needs to do. He makes as much sense as a mentally challenged person, but as long as it gets your attention that's all he needs to survive. It's his life... until something better comes along.

February 1, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • clueless

Hmm...Learn something new everyday. Stupid is as stupid does. Bless his lil heart. (So did they say what the average age for a "troll" is? 12?)

February 2, 2012 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  31. @ Richard Foreskin

I take it that you didn't get enough attention as a child. Regardless of how she died, it's sad.

February 1, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Sadie Fore

Whateva... by tomorrow, no one will remember this leech off of her brother's successes even existed.

February 1, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sly Sadie

I LOVE how the only picture they could find of her was from SIX years ago! Really relevant loss there! SUCH a prevelant public figure! So glad this pushed the Soul Train story off the main page with this news.

February 1, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Christy

She was a sister, a daughter, a wife, a mother, a friend and to some, an inspiration. This is a tragedy, people. Smarten up, show some respect!

February 1, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sly Sadie

An inspiration? R U serious?! Do you also find wh0re's like Ke$sha "inspirational?" What the he-ll is wrong with teenie-boppers these days? So star-struck that you'll jump at the chance to idolize anyone?!

February 1, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Here we go again

Richard Fore talking to himself again? What a shocker!

February 1, 2012 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Big N8

AAAAAIIIIIIIIGHT ! BIG N8 IS IN DA HOOOOUUUSE ! WAS UP MY PEEPS?

February 1, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Sly Sadie

Dicky-bite me! You are such a looser, to put it your own terms. Grow up and try to be a real man! Picking on girls is so manly! Sucks to be you, huh?

February 1, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  37. SpiderGirl

I used to watch her years ago on so train. She was the one that was black.

February 1, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  38. shirley

Im really SpiderGirl !

February 1, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  39. shirley

Me too ! It is so awesome ! I g oogled that leslie girl and it says she was one of the original Jonas Brothers. Too Cool !

February 1, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Richard Fore

Ah-Ha! B!ctch just gave herself away! Sly Sadie = Loose A55 B!tch! Fuccin' KNEW it! Hiding behind another name, Looser?

February 1, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • rachel124

If you're going to insult someone, especially on their grammer like you did in another comment, learn how to spell. It's LOSER not LOOSER!

February 7, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • GreenEyes

We need to have a fundraiser to purchase a dictionary for dear Richard. Maybe he'll figure out how to spell properly?

February 13, 2012 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  41. Sly Sadie

I lied. I'll never stop posting on here. Marquee is my life. I live and breathe it. I make friends on here.

February 1, 2012 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  42. michelle

Moemons are knpwn cannibals. Doesnt suprise me one nit.

February 1, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Jacob

Naaaah. It really was the mormons. She was on vacation and stopped in Utah. They captured her and had a cookout. Made barbecue. Even used KC Masterpiece. MMMMMmmmm.

February 1, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Sly Sadie

My heart goes out to the family. To my troll on the other hand. That was pretty crude, even for you. The day I agree with Dicky, is the day I quit posting on this blog. Deepest sympathies to the family.

February 1, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Jacob

Nope. I just saw on the news it was Mormons. The Mormons got her. Thats the worst way to go.

February 1, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  46. elisabeth

Me too. They were on vacation and sharks got her.

February 1, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Mark

I heard she got ate by sharks. Them sharks are fierce and dangerous creatures.

February 1, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Rod in Dallas TX

Drugs? Sorry to assume but since the article doesn't give any indication of illnesses, we have to make up our own reasons. I'm guessing drug overdose.

February 1, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Sly Sadie

Are we really supposed to feel bad about an obvious ska-nk with too much eye-makeup and excess arm flab? She was even obviously stoned in the picture! I agree with Richard for once, who cares?

February 1, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

I dont care who they are. I DONT CARE IF IT WAS A BUM ON THE STREET. she had a family that loved her. Now there is one more person who has to grow up without a mother. I dont care who it was. no child should have to grow up without a mother

February 2, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Sly Sadie

Typical. Soul Train guy dies, so QUICK! find some dead white person to post a story about!

February 1, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Tracie

I love my toilets.

February 1, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard Fore

Aren't you supposed to be dead by you're own hand, twit?

February 1, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tracie's Basement Buddy

I saved my poop and my dog's poop in a baggie, just for you. Also, I have a tupper ware bowl, filled with some diarrhea from this weekend.

All for you.

February 1, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Richard Fore

HAHAHAHA! Who the 'eff cares? She was the unknown sister of some has-beens! Wh0re probably overdosed on se-men. Looser!

February 1, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • ...

it doesn't matter who she is, she was a 25 year old woman with a husband, daughter and family who loved her. Her daughter has to grow up without a mother now so have some respect. And it's LOSER not LOOSER. if you're gonna insult someone at least do it with the right spelling.

February 1, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ ...

I guess you haven't seen this troll around. He is known for spelling loser wrong. It's almost like his trademark.

February 1, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard Fore

AGAIN, who the 'EFF cares?! The whole family should have been a bl0w job.

February 1, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Richard Fore

Where's your boyfriend LAB at? You guys take turns trolling? I'm assuming you guys made up and he's just busy cooking your meal since you're usually the one who cooks.

February 1, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amanda

Richard is the Loser. Sad and pathetic you are

February 1, 2012 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robynn

Poor Richard needs a trip to the doctor.

February 2, 2012 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
    • vkk

what is wrong with you Richard Fore ???????

February 3, 2012 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
    • ForeSkeen

The troll section applause...

February 4, 2012 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
    • mike k.

loser, not looser. good job, now you look like an idiot.

February 5, 2012 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Wow..you are a jerk

Richard Fore....you excel at that which you are good at. May God have mercy on you for that.

February 7, 2012 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blessed Geek

You need to pardon Dick Fore. He is not in his best state of mind. He recently lost his job. Consequently, he also lost his boy friend. They were supposed to get married. He had been an Obama supporter, not he is turning towards supporting Newt Grinch. All that is a whole lot of depressing for him – and we have to pardon him and give him some leeway to express his frustrations.

February 7, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brykov

I am totally osebessd with magazines as well. Just purchased a couple today; Self, Shape and a gossip one (InTouch, I beleive). I just picked up my Glamour, Cosmo, Harper's and all the other ones last week. The InStyle has stunning photo's in it! Enjoy!-Sandra.*

March 14, 2012 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Stephen

What happened? I hope it is not a overdose.

February 1, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |