Today's news you might've missed:
- We were sure that it was impossible to like Kristen Bell anymore than we already do ("Veronica Mars" pretty much sealed it for us) but then she decided to share with the world the most endearing video of her reaction to having a run-in with a sloth on her birthday.
- It seems Nigel Lythgoe is totally down for our suggestion to have a sing-off for the 2012 election. The "Idol" producer has invited President Obama onto the Fox singing competition to show off his vocal skills. [Nigel Lythgoe's Twitter]
- Vanity Fair has unveiled the cover for its 2012 Hollywood issue, and, as in years past, it's raised questions about the cover's lack of diversity. [Vanity Fair/Jezebel]
- Raven Symone is readying her pipes for the Great White Way: The actress has snagged the lead in the Broadway musical production of "Sister Act." [Deadline]
- Hopefully you enjoyed the premiere of HBO's "Luck" on Sunday, because the network has already granted the horse-racing drama a second season. [LAT]
- Word has it that "Saturday Night Live's" Paul Brittain is off the show - effective immediately. [EW]
- By the by, since we're talking about "SNL" - Lana Del Rey tells Rolling Stone that she felt fine about her criticized performance. "I thought I looked beautiful and sang fine." We believe what she's saying is: Hi, haters. [RS]