The key to 'Alcatraz's' secrets
January 31st, 2012

The key to 'Alcatraz's' secrets

Thanks to Monday night's episode of "Alcatraz," we now have a few more hints as to what's going on in the overall story.

This week's focus was on murderer/thief Cal Sweeney, but thankfully it wasn't an hour-long bank robbery episode. Instead, the bank robbery scene served the plot, with Rebecca in the unusual position of helping former Alcatraz inmate Cal escape the authorities.

While there wasn't too much of Hauser or "Doc" Soto this week, I did enjoy their scenes together. (And it looks like Rebecca takes center stage next week, as well. I am looking forward to Robert Forster's return as her uncle, the Alcatraz guard.)

My personal fave scene was the dinner party in the flashback. That one included the same-age-as-they-are-now Lucy (who's still in a coma in the present day, I'm assuming) and Dr. Beauregard, who has quickly become my favorite minor character.

As I suspected, it is becoming more apparent that Tiller, the warden, knows a lot more about Alcatraz than meets the eye.

The most important part of the episode, as is quickly becoming a tradition, took place in the final two scenes. It seems that Rebecca got a key from Cal - something he was looking for in a safety deposit box - but once she handed it over to Hauser, he promised to tell them what it opened... someday.

He quickly took the key to another room where several computer analysts tried to see what they could discern from it, as well as a previous key that was found.

Helpfully, a flashback showed that Cal's accomplice when he was an inmate did get a chance to see what the keys open: A room where... something or someone lives.

It could be a while before we find out what is inside that room, but I'm on board for the ride.

Are you keeping up with "Alcatraz"? Share your thoughts on this week's episode here, or comment below.

1. Shelly

I love this show.

February 1, 2012 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  2. Camille Pety

stick a fork in me, I'm done. Don't care about the characters, don't care where the prisoners went, no spark, not interested anymore. And they aren't using Jeffrey Pierce enough

January 31, 2012 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sokman

Its Lost at Alkatraz. They all died, probably on death row, & just don't know it yet

January 31, 2012 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Michele

@Norm: For him to tell Cal his memories associated with the necklace. Since he has to "literally" destroy the memories he had concerning his life when he destroyed his tin box and assuming who ever transported him into the present erased all his memories concerning where he has been for the last 40 years, he wanted to hear someone else's. That's my take.

January 31, 2012 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Norm

What was the killer's reason for going to the house of the guy who owned the necklace?

January 31, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • JessY79

Loving this show!!!!

January 31, 2012 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rob

I wondered the same thing. I wonder if he used those things and their stories to lure his next bank teller victim. Maybe selling a true story is easier then selling a false one. I think we've got more to find out from him later on in the series.

January 31, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. .•|•.

In last weeks epi, didn't someone get put in that room? The guy who put him in there had matches & left that guy in there w/4 matches. Hmmm...time will tell.

January 31, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • JessY79

No he wasn't put into the same room last week, they put that guy in solitary.

January 31, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. LAB

I would love to lick them richard. I bet they taste like salted peanuts. Those are the best!

January 31, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Richard Fore

Ill bet that fat guy has Harry balls, he can lick mine.

January 31, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Richard Fore

That was not me! I like my guys svelte and hung, like Chris Pine! Yum!

January 31, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |