January 31st, 2012

Kermit, Miss Piggy respond to liberal agenda allegations

And we thought Miss Piggy got snippy with us for asking if she enjoyed bacon for breakfast.

This time, Jim Henson's resident well-dressed diva is firing back at accusations that her latest box office success, "The Muppets," is hiding a liberal agenda within its plot.

The assertion was made last year by Fox Business commentator Eric Bolling, who raised the question of whether having a wealthy oil tycoon as the movie's villain was sending an anti-corporate, anti-oil message.

At a press conference in London last week, Kermit and Miss Piggy mocked the theory that "The Muppets" movie is pushing a "dangerous, liberal agenda and trying to brainwash children," with Kermit joking, "Oh, yes, it's so dangerous!"

But on a more serious note, Kermit continued, "It's a funny thing. They were concerned about us having some prejudice against oil companies, and I can tell you that's categorically not true. And besides, if we had a problem with oil companies, why would we have spent the entire film driving around a gas-guzzling Rolls Royce?"

Miss Piggy jumped in to add that "It's almost as laughable as accusing Fox News of being, you know....news."

Kermit then (correctly) predicted, "That's going to be all over the Internet!"

Filed under: television

1. melody

And now we find out that they hate Christians. Nooooo they aren't liberal at all.

July 24, 2012 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jordan Davis

I think I really like it!

February 19, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sokman

Ahh, but my post was at least on topic. And yes, trash is certainly other people's cast offs. And yes, I know I shouldn't start a sentence with And or But (just thought I'd save you the trouble of correcting me). But no, I never said I was big corporate, others did. Check your facts & do you're (I know, I know) research people.

February 1, 2012 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Beefburger

You sort of painted yourself as a 'liberal stooge' there.

February 1, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Pliny

Where's the pinhead named 'observer'? He's the unimaginative one who can't post without the words 'liberal stooge'?

I'd love to hear Kermit tell him to pound sand.

February 1, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. rhumba

50% of the people in the U.S. are liberals. Do some of you hate half the people in your country? Even half the Muppets?

February 1, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Guest

Muppets themselves arent political,but I believe Jim Henson was pretty liberal

Doesnt matter though,we like muppets,we dont like dbag political commenters

February 1, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  8. Ed

Oh guys. I'm so glad you're back. Keep making movies.

February 1, 2012 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  9. The One Who Knows

Shhhhh.....it's actually Fozzie Bear who is at the heart of this, playing the fool but secretly controlling and manipulating the muppets for his own bid for world domination! Statler and Waldorf were on to him but look at what happened to them, and Robin (Kermit's nephew) was going to go public, but he's sleeping with the tadpoles (do you EVER see him anymore? Do you? DO YOU?????)

Kermit and Piggy are merely dupes...beware...BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!

February 1, 2012 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  10. Spokman

I had a date with cowlgirl, sadie and LAB. I went down on all three. It was hard though. It's hard to work with a 2 inch d!ck

February 1, 2012 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Fail troll

It's Sokman. I'm not sure how you imagined that "p" in there... perhaps you like things that start with the letter p?

February 1, 2012 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  11. michaelfury

Bolling's interview with Jesse Ventura was more interesting.

February 1, 2012 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  12. michaelfury

It's not easy being green.

February 1, 2012 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Evans

UncleStumpy on February 1, 2011 If i was the scpeeh I would have chugged that wine before the scpeeh lol might have helped..poor guy

February 12, 2012 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Luke Weyland

Why does Fox News hate liberals?
    Why does Fox News oppose liberty?
    When will Fox pull down the Statue of Liberty
    And replace it with the statue of empire and oppression?

February 1, 2012 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  14. Sokman

Do your research before tou comment. This is the first day I have so much as acknlowleged the trolls on this blog. Until now I have only commented on the blog topics. I just happen to have a wild hare tonight. You on the other hand, from what I have seen, come here with the sole intention of commenting on other people's posts, & although your comments may not be malicious, they are judgemental & self serving. Not only does that make you the troll, but a hypocrite as well. I suggest you tend to your own garden.

February 1, 2012 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  15. Sokman

Do your research before tou comment. This is the first day I have so much as acknlowleged the trolls on this blog. Until now I have only commented on the blog topics. I just happen to have a wild hare tonight. You on the other hand, from what I have seen, come here with the sole intention of commenting on other people's posts, & although your comments may not be malicious, they are judgemental & self serv Not only does that make you the troll, but a hypocrite as well. I suggest you tend to your own garden.

February 1, 2012 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Nikki

I think you are the hypocrite. You preach that people shouldn't judge why you are posting the way you do, yet you tell them they are on here just to attack others posts. Hmmm...sounds like do as I say and not as I do type situation. Just admit to yourself that you are wrong for what you said. You were being a troll and now you are mad that people are calling you out. Just stop while you can before you make it worse. There are more people posting how wrong you are than how right you are, so you lose.

February 1, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  16. ?

Actually trolls fight with other trolls all the time. Part of the online ecosystem. ♪It's the circle of life!♪ Its excellent training, seeing as even the stupidest of trolls are usually running some kind of angle back at you. Good to study rhetoric and whatnot. As opposed to the Facebook sheep who just sit there like targets waiting to be shorn of their dignity.

February 1, 2012 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  17. @Spokman

There are many great men/women that didn't go to college or finish HS and they've accomplished many things and made great lives for themselves and are more a success then you'll ever be. No, I'm not the one that posted the above comments. I just wanted to point out what a jacka**you are for your comment. I also would like to add that there are many people that went to college and are unable to find jobs they went to college for. You come on here and fight with trolls and make hateful comments not realizing that the hateful words you spit out to a troll (who's only job is to get you annoyed which works by the way) is also hurtful to other people. I'm guessing from your comment you went to college and have yourself a good job (*rolling eyes*yea right) but with all that you still come out looking like the a** you really are because you come on here every day fighting with trolls. So you are the loser after all. Troll fighting with a troll. How sad can one get.

February 1, 2012 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  18. Sokman

Are you mad because I closed your dad's factory & severed his pension plan, putting you on welfare? You're dad should have gone to college.

January 31, 2012 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Sokman

Please don't talk about college when you spell your wrong. "Your dad" not "You're dad"

February 1, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  19. Sokman

Hahahaha trolls are so funny. Like monkeys in the zoo flinging fece.s at the glass for attention. You chuckle at them for a minute, then go get a frozen lemonade while they end up sitting in their own filth.

January 31, 2012 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  20. kneesus

Maniacal laugh! Maniacal laugh!

January 31, 2012 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  21. @Skoman

Yea. i bet you're part of the problem pig. How many pepople have your fcked over and steal their money ? i bet you're corp trash fck that's like shipping american jobs overseas just for ur crop greed u piece of sh!t

January 31, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  22. @@9:49

Spokman would be the first to go down on a slim stinking "c" that's why he sticks up for a blog wh-ore that most likely looks like a pug.

January 31, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  23. @9:49

Why don't you crawl into sadie's a55hole and die you typical american loser.

January 31, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Sokman

Everyone knows Oscar the Grouch is the one with the true liberal agenda. He's too lazy to get a job, so he lives in filth while everyone else supports him, all the while criticizing those who do. Sounds like a typical welfare liberal to me

January 31, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Oscar's Pal

I guess Oscar is tired of rich the folks getthing welfare, I mean tax breaks and figured they cheat the system more than anyone.

January 31, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

Oscar lives in trash,but no one supports him.He just likes to live in trash.
      Anyways Oscar is Canadian,so it wouldnt matter

February 1, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  25. Rita

You tell em Kermit and Miss Piggy. Boy those guys at "Fox News" are pathetic!!

January 31, 2012 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jimmy

Only Fox "new" would pick a fight with muppets.

January 31, 2012 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Lisa

That just made my day! Even the muppets know it's Faux News! HAHAHAHA!

January 31, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Richard Fore

Miss Piggy gave me one of the best ball lickings ever, fat chicks always put out.

January 31, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Superhiro

I would've always thought Miss Piggy was a conservative. -Shrug-

January 31, 2012 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rayan

Any intelligent person, or pig, regardless of their political leanings, understands that Fox News is faux news. It's purely propaganda, not even thinly disguised.

Of course most Fox News viewers don't understand that, but, that doesn't make the above assertion untrue.

February 1, 2012 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  30. Tony

"What is green and smells like Miss Piggy"?.............Kermit's fingers.

January 31, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |