'Chuck' finale goes back to basics
January 28th, 2012

'Chuck' finale goes back to basics

After one of the most memorable and successful fan campaigns in television history, NBC's "Chuck" came to an end on Friday night, after 91 episodes.

Things went back to basics, in more ways than one, picking up right where we left off last week.

Sarah's memory has been erased by the Intersect and Quinn convinced her that she was on a kill mission against Chuck (not too different from her original mission in the pilot). For a minute there, one might have thought there was going to be a weird twist - where the whole series wasn't what it seemed.

But "Chuck" has far too much heart for something like that. It wasn't long before Sarah's game was revealed, as Chuck, Casey and Morgan invaded DARPA to destroy the Intersect.

With no Intersect, no spy missions and no wife, Chuck was back to where he started.

Later, when Chuck brought Sarah to their dream house, pleading with her to remember their past life together... well, let's just say I'm not made of stone. Every faithful viewer's heart had to be breaking.

Thankfully, Sarah's video diary (how's that for setting up the finale early on?) told her the truth.

Still, it seemed like the Sarah plotline might very well have been the writers painting themselves into a corner. In the second part of the episode, Sarah went to the Buy More to get Chuck's help, something Jeff and Lester were able to figure out with their team of "pervs." (And I have to say, Jeffster finally being aware of all this spy business is one of my favorite story arcs of the last season.)

Speaking of Jeffster, they had one last grand performance of "Take On Me" as Chuck and team worked to free Beckman from a bomb underneath her opera house seat. While that was happening, Chuck discovered that the only way to save her was to turn to the thing he wanted to destroy, the Intersect.

Carmichael Industries saved the day one last time. Casey went to be with Gertrude, Morgan and Alex moved in together, the Awesomes moved out... and Chuck was still alone.

Morgan, the great friend that he was, once again had the right advice for Chuck. He knew exactly where Sarah was. He joined her on the beach and told her the story of their relationship right from the beginning. And just maybe, like Morgan said, one kiss would be enough to bring her memory back.

"Chuck" fans probably still haven't recovered from this emotional roller coaster of a finale. Even with a plot twist that seemed impossible to correct at the end, it still delivered everything a viewer would want.

So, "Chuck" fans, what did you think? Post your iReport or comment below. And long live the Nerd Herd!

« Previous entry
  1. john

chuck season 5 ended perfectly because you guys can start season 6 i you beigin you NBC.....

September 10, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. john

chuck great show ever i cried watching last episode please bring chuck because chuck has the intersect back and sarah, it looks like her memory may comes back please bring it back. please please please.

September 10, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bring back chuck

please bring back chuck!!! season 6 i begin you 1 more season best serries ewer ...
    the story in 5 season ended perfectly because you guys can start season 6 from that to anywhere! I beigin you NBC......

February 19, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Johnny Orlando

I have read almost every article about the finale and looked at the comment sections. I think the ending was perfect. I must say, however, that I wanted it all to end in a fairy tale way with the kiss setting off a response and bringing Sarah back to Chuck. The more I read people's comments the more I think this is a perfect ending. On old cooking maxim is to use just enough salt to make the person want more, if you use enough salt, then its too salty. Giving us what we wanted would have just made the show end and it would have been done, but having it end in the poignant way it did keeps the show living on in all our heads. Looking at all the conversation on this and other message boards, its clear that we want them to be together. How they get together is the key: Does Sarah's memory start to come back? Does Ellie work on her research and find some way to get Sarah's memory back? Or does Sarah fall in love with Chuck all over again, only more deeply? The fact that we have the blank slate is good, again I want Sarah to get her memory back and have them live happily ever after, but not everyone wants this. I must admit I feel like a bad fan, I did watch the show every monday and would catch up on it when it moved to friday, but this last season I was a bit behind. After watching the finale I got very nostalgic. I met my wife when the show started while we were both in college, we would watch with friends and never miss a week(It was Chuck, Heroes, Prison Break, and 24 night). We got married last year and are expecting a child in September. Chuck was just a show, but when I started seeing things from the first season and the ending montage where Chuck tells Sarah about their story, it made me think back to how much my own life has changed. My name also happens to be Chuck, so I always identified with the character even though i was a fratboy closer to Devon than Chuck, but my wife is a beautiful blonde. This show ended in a real way, a way where the future is not certain but it looks good. Life happens that way. A show is defined by its finale(think about Dallas or Lost) and Chuck went out with the best ending I have seen in my life, it blended nostalgia with hope in a beautiful way. Its an almost impossible task to make someone feel shades of different emotions all at once but it happened. Chuck will go down in history not only for its fan-based revival but its finale which left everyone wanting more. The show that started out as a cool spy story in the end was a tale about two people who were destined to fall in love and be together.

February 8, 2012 at 4:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Jacob

I couldn't have put it better Johnny Orlando.

And the rest I write here is due to Chuck withdrawal, so please bear with me, no matter what topics I choose to cover. I'm actually finding that the more I write this out and explain to you all as well as to myself, the more the withdrawal recedes. Despite whether or not you agree with my points, or if you do or don't take comfort in my consolations, I implore you to read all that I have to say and fairly consider each part. We are a Chuck family, and we are grieving, and I'm only trying to tell you and myself that's it's really not so bad...

I never would have thought it possible to get so emotionally attached to a TV show. Just the thought and I nearly laugh at myself, but then I remember why it is so. This was truly an amazing and inspiring show. I like to see the show as a modern day, spy-oriented Spider-Man... not to oversimplify or anything. It's so much more than that too, as I'm sure all Chuck fans know. And easily the best part was always the characters/actors and their chemistry. I was emotionally involved in something fictional because it had heart, emotion, story-lines, inspiration, and memorableness like no other.

As for why the end was always looming over Chuck, I have some of my own reasoning. I admit, I started losing interest in season 3, though I still remained loyal and continued to watch. But I still loved Routh as the villain (one you easily love to hate, you know?), I still loved learning little details about Sarah through season 3, and Chuck was still funny and touching as ever... but something just didn't grab me in 3 as much as the others. 3 was decent, with some high rises. But the real danger I felt was especially in 4's first half. I nearly gave up at this point, but trudged on as the loyal fan I am and as soon as we were introduced to everything Volkoff, I was re-hooked. 4 was such a disappointment until the intro of Volkoff. But what was really so fantastic about this latter half is that it not only re-absorbed me into Chuck, defibrillating the show and my passion for it, but it justified the prior half of 4 as well. I look back now and can honestly say I loved most all of 4, looking far more kindly on the prior half. I loved 4 and I still believe it would have been the perfect ending, but alas we won another season of Chuck and so it couldn't realize its amazing finale potential.

And so this brings me to the core of this discussion: 5 and its ending. The whole season was of course one giant roller coaster, and Sarah losing her memory was a devastating blow, at the least. But it arranged for some beautiful parallels with the first season, and an easy compare and contrast between old and new Chuck. It allowed us to see just how much Chuck has changed and progressed. We were even reminded how much the other three of Team Bartowski had developed as well. Nostalgia is an amazing thing, and the final episode(s) inspired a ton of it. But rather than look at what it is what we'll be missing out on (and what Sarah has forgotten), look at these memories with fondness and love Chuck forevermore. Yes, we Chuck fans had our hearts wrenched and torn out in the end, and I am resentful of that. But the ending was what we needed, though not what we wanted. Anyone can tell us they live happily ever after, but here we are forced to write our own happy ending (or maybe you're some cynic and would love to see everything in shambles). I for one see one of two basic endings: most likely and most rewardingly, Chuck wins Sarah all over again and their love means even more now because we know and they know just how far they are willing to go to make it all work; more along previous Chuck script though, perhaps with the combined efforts of Ellie and Chuck's re-downloaded intersect, they manage to build one last intersect and resurrect Sarah's memories. And we all know the kiss bringing back some flood of memories is fairy tale, but hey, maybe that's your thing. The ending is a blank slate, a fill in the blank, an opportunity to write the true ending as we see fit. Ballsy, yes. Heart-wrenching, certainly. Angering, for some yes. Beautiful given the right dose of imagination, you bet.

But I'll leave you with two statements here: 1) There sure are a lot of internet trolls here, so watch out; and 2) Just remember Chuck fans, we got 5 seasons of Chuck, 3 more than intended, and we loved every minute of what we fought for and believed in.
      5 seasons was a miracle, remember that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3caLqYHjQQ

February 11, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Becca

Show was good in the beginning but did get stale towards the end, it seemed they had done all the could and the latter episodes started just being too corny. Was a good run though! Good luck to all in their future of entertainment!

February 7, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  6. Eric

Just wanted to thank the everybody who fought to keep cuck going.
    Thxs for letting the show run it's course and giving everbody 5 great seasons.
    And chuck, thxs for giving a nerd like me hope i can still make something special outta my life.
    Bye Chuck!!!!!!!!!!

February 1, 2012 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Scotty

They really only needed just one more tiny, teensy shot- The look in Sarah's eyes as she remembers everything with this kiss.
    That would have done it for me.

Thanks to the cast and crew of Chuck for five great years of excellent television!

January 31, 2012 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. CommonSense

'Chuck' was the work of genius, more than anything it had heart. LOTS of heart. I think the biggest measure of a show is how much you like (or hate) the characters. Chuck, Sarah, Casey, and Morgan had the best chemistry! They were 4 very different personalities (OK, Chuck and Morgan have a lot in common) and they played off each other to make great storytelling. I'll always remember Casey's grunts, Morgan's loyalty as a friend, Sarah's ability to kick major ass and look breathtakingly gorgeous while doing so, and Chuck's enormous heart.

That said, the finale broke my heart! Sarah telling Chuck that she doesn't feel love for him was brutal. I can't help thinking that the finale's story ended the way it did because like the article says, the writers 'painted themselves into a corner" It's hard to be mad and it pains me to say I was disappointed in the ending, but it's just not at all the way I thought it would end. Who knows, maybe the ending will grow on me...

January 30, 2012 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jessica

I love Chuck so much, and I was disappointed in the ending. I am glad that Sarah didn't end up leaving, but they left Chuck and Sarah's marriage in pieces. As far as we know Chuck is going to have to start from square one with Sarah, and for Chuck that just sucks. He was left alone to pick up the pieces. I wish they could have ended it with Sarah somehow gaining back her memory. In my dad's effort to cheer me up he said they might have left it like that to make a move...one can only dream lol.

January 29, 2012 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  10. The Budhisattva of Agression

Chuck was an example of a perfect series that never got the ratings it deserved. Action, humor, great fight choreography, characters that you reminded you of your coworkers (The Buy More/Nerdherd) and characters that you wish you were (there's more than one parallel between Chuck's pre-Intersect life and mine).

I willingly gave Chuck my suspension of disbelief every week (with all that travel around the world, nobody ever got jet lagged) and I had a fun hour to spend with my now 7-year-old son who loves Chuck more any TV show he's ever seen. The fourth season dragged a little bit, but really started to get great again with the Volkoff storyline. A big thank you to Zach Levi, Yvonne, Adam and everyone else that made this show a great way for me to spend an hour a week with my family.

Is it too early to start a Chuck movie campaign?

January 29, 2012 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  11. A Fan

I HATED the ending regarding Sarah still not remembering Chuck, his sister moving and Casey leaving all at the same time? For most humans this would result iin a nervous breakdown. Come on. Who dreamt up this horrible ending? Were the writers competing with the writers for Seinfeld and the Soprranos for worst series ending ever?

January 29, 2012 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  12. HOLLYWOOD INSIDER

Yeah. I bet anyone that liked this show is mean and doent even care that during 5 seasons they didnt have a single monkey on the show. Monkeys and chimps are much funnier than humans and are far better actors. Everyone love a monkey. They just make the world a better and happier place.

January 29, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Brian

Great show! Great cast! Great lines! I still can't get out of head "he had me at pastrami"
    Thanks for 5 great years.

January 29, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  14. EXEC PRODUCER

This show had so much potential but once again NBC missed the mark. IF they had used an all chimp cast ala Lance Link Secret Chimp as I suggested, it would have pulled in far more viewers. I think a close examination of the Nielsen ratings bare this out I just hope MBC consults me before attempting another product in this genre.

January 29, 2012 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  15. partisan

I loved Chuck but hated the finale. By taking Sarahs memories of all the great moments that made Chuck and we the fans love her it was as if they killed her off. Even if they fell in love again its a DIFFERENT Sarah unless she gets those memories back. A disconcertingly mean spirited ending to a show that always ended on a high note before.

January 29, 2012 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  16. ben b

You tell em, Marcus. I saw the episode with the blue talking cat and it was just tres lame. Seemed like a remake of the old Laverne & Shirley tv show without the cool special effects. Plus Carl is also correct. The time portal was fake city. When chuck went through it you could tell it wasnt real. Could have been a good popular show but NBC just missed the boat. I did enjoy when Lenny and Squiggy made a cameo appearance though. Easily the highlight of a nincompoop series.

January 29, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  17. Marcus

I agree with Carl. It was a dumb show for the ignorant. I was a fan until they introduced the talking cat JoJo. I mean, come on. A talking cat? My daughter even thought that was silly. Then when JoJo the cat rescued Chuck from the Chineese Embasy by going undercover as a Pizza Delivery guy-well that was just too much for me. Anyone could tell it was a cat and not a pizza delivery person. Surely the Chineese admasador would have noticed the blue cat tail swishing around. Anyhow, after that episode we quit watching. It was just a lame show for idjits.

January 29, 2012 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  18. Susan

CHUCK has been my guilty pleasure for a long time now and I am very sad to see the it end. I had very ambivalent feelings about the ending even as I enjoyed the great action and unexpected twists, I felt like they kind of ripped the heart out of the show by leaving Chuck and Sarah in such an ambiguous state. I felt bereaved and shocked after it was done. Sure, the ambiguity was gutsy but throw us a bone. They finally got in a nice groove and we were looking at the Happy. Now I don't think it would have hurt to go out w/ a little more resolution. That just made me sad!

January 29, 2012 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
  19. Sokman

I enjoyed Chuck at the beginning, but really lost interest about halfway through season 3. This last season seemed good, but I think I had just missed too much to get back into it. I hope Adam Baldwin returns to tv in another good role soon. This was in my opinion the most fitting role I've seen him with the exception of Firefly.

January 28, 2012 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Ludwig G

I still can't believe Chuck has come to the end. It was an emotional finale. At first I was upset, but watching it again ( yes, crying to The Head and The Hearts' 'Rivers and Roads' ) I am at peace and happy at a beautiful ending. I have never been so attached to a show and it's characters like this before and sad it has come to an end but I will forever be grateful to the cast, writers and everyone who made Chuck possible and allowed us to be part of something magical.

January 28, 2012 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Carol

Okay, as to NBC's stupidity at cancelling certain shows I have two words for you: STAR TREK. Enough said???? But, on to the show at hand. Broke my heart. Not just for the fact that the show is over, but for Chuck. You had to love the guy from the get-go. And be routing for him to come out the winner, get the girl, be vindicated for the fiasco in college. And as each one happened, you had to smile. And then, in one horrible moment, the most important part was gone. Not a death, which as heartbreaking as it is, is at least something you know is final and that you deal with. No, to have the thing you love most look back at you with nothing in her eyes. God, how awful.
    But did that break our favorite nerd? Hell no. With the support of his friends and family, he showed us that that sweet, often naive dreamer from the early seasons was still there and he went to fight for her. Did he succeed? Did she start to remember? Will she fall in love with him all over again? Who knows.... But we can hope; they gave us that much.
    Goodbye Chuck. Love you.

January 28, 2012 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Karina

Bring back Chuck!!

January 28, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Steve Dunn

I thank the writers, actors and staff of this show for five fun years!
    I really liked the final episode, because it reminds us that this series was not so much about spies, or action adventure, but rather was a love story between an innocent nerd and an exotic secret agent. The love was off in seasons 1 and 2, and on in 3 and 4, and the final ten minutes was really the appropriate way to end – i.e., ambiguously.
    I'm sure the debate will continue among fans whether Chuck and Sarah "actually" got back together again or not, or even whether they *should* have done so. They were star-crossed lovers from the very first, after all, based on their respective choice of life styles, and family histories.
    Please do not consider a "reunion" episode – how can the story continue beyond the beach scene, after all? Same for a movie. I applaud the show having the courage to actually finalize the story line and not just leave the characters hanging; let's leave it at that!

January 28, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  24. carrieanne

Sniff! Im glad I watched Chuck from the beginning and am so glad I did! Just a fun show with characters you care about AND family friendly! Im definately sad to see it go but they bowed out gracefully before it overstayed. More shows like Chuck, please!

January 28, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Sly Sadie

I've been a Chuck viewer & fan from day 1. I agree with Rock. It was filled with comedy & action. Great cast of characters, and actors playing them. They had a great chemistry together. I'm sorry to see the show end.

January 28, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  26. MICHAEL

One word describes this finale and it's ballsy. It takes some serious you-know-what to end a show like this. The show has always had a penchant for throwing a wrench into the happiness of it's characters as well as killing off some fairly prominent supporting cast members over the years. However that all fails in comparison with this. To end the show with Chuck and Sarah essentially little better off than they were a few weeks into their relationship, despite the knowledge that they have had a life together is heart-breaking. It took some real guts to do what the writers did . . . and yet, I can't help but if it was the best way for the fans to see their show go out.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ellie, and Awesome, Casey, and Morgan, etc. but I'm stating the obvious when I say that Chuck and Sarah are the heartbeat of this show. For everything that these two went through together over the last 4+ years; the long looks, quick kisses, near hook-ups, withheld feelings, eventual revelations etc not to mention the dozens of near-death experiences saving one another, I think these two truly deserved a real life together free from spying and finally being ready to raise a family.

The current ending is the riskier, more creative and tougher ending, but Chuck shutting down the base, and leading a smiling Sarah to their new home(courtesy of a gigantic check from Beckman for everything they have done all of these past years) with the intent of never landing themselves in the middle of a mission ever again would have been the more obvious, but no less sweet and more deserved ending.

All of that being said, if I had to comment on what happens after the fade to black, it would be that the kiss does not bring all of the memories back. I think some, though not all return. Starting from near-scratch Chuck spends the next several months making Sarah fall in love with him again. A year or so later a pregnant Sarah and Chuck renew their vows and ultimately their relationship goes the route it was to go before the final few episodes. So in my mind they get their happy ending, just a bit belated.

January 28, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill

I could not disagree with you more about the ending. You can admire it all you want for being "gutsy." I thought it just sucked. They spent most of the finale destroying what was probably the best thing about this show – the love affair between Chuck and Sarah. Then they leave you wondering if it will ever be mended I don't find that clever. I just find it disheartening and very sad.

Sometimes in life – fictional or real – a little less ambiguity and a little more clarity is a good thing. The final scene of this great series should have been one of those moments. I gave already commented on how I would have liked the last scene to play out. It certainly wouldn't have been considered "ballsy" by any standards. But I for one would have enjoyed the hell out of it. Instead, I just felt anger and sadness.

January 28, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • GMarie

Couldn't agree more! So terribly disappointed in the ending. The writers/producers have always said that they appreciated the fans; however, in the end they would write the story the way they wanted. Good or bad they seem to have done just that and it was less than stellar. When Sarah looked Chuck in the eye and told him that she accepted they had a life together and that he loved her but she wasn't feeling it – OMG! Why couldn't our beloved "Charah" have walked down the beach T.I.T.S. happily ever after?

January 28, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Karina

I totally agree with Bill.

January 28, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steven

I, for one, would like to agree with Michael. While I obviously expected and would've enjoyed the predictable end with Sarah and Chuck moving into their dream home, this ending was much more poetic, artistic, and thematic. The last couple seasons have been great, but not as good as the first three because most of the conflict between Chuck and Sarah have been resolved. I agree with Michael's statement that they are the "heartbeat" of the show. "Chuck" is ultimately a love story, not without hardships, but showing that love can prevail against all odds.

This ending was a way of bringing the show back to its roots–and while it seems like it's "undoing" all the character development of the past five years, it really isn't. Chuck has grown SO much since the Pilot, and it seems like it was the finale's goal to prove it. Landed in almost the exact same situation he found himself in in the Pilot, Chuck has to rely on what he's learned, and how he's changed, to make it through. Old Chuck would never have gotten out of bed, much less put on his tie with swagger and galavanted off after Sarah. And even though her memories are gone, Sarah is different too. Like Ellie said, emotions are powerful things, and Sarah isn't the same as she was in the Pilot because it's clear some part of her still loves Chuck, even if she doesn't completely understand why.

I think Chuck and Sarah deserve a happy ending, but now they deserve it even more. They had to fight for their relationship one last time. And even though the finale didn't give us all the finality, closure, and concrete details you likely want, you just know it's all going to be okay. Even if Sarah doesn't get all her memories back on that beach, the feelings are still there, and her memories will come back eventually. I don't need to know the name of Chuck and Sarah's kid or see that every facet of their life is perfect to know that. Ultimately, I feel like I've gotten to know them well enough over the course of five years that I trust them to work everything out.

It speaks a clear message: things don't always turn out the way you expect. Sometimes your old college roommate betrays you and sends you government secrets. Sometimes your wife loses her memories. You'll always have to fight for what you love. But it's all worth it. There are still wonderful, happy moments, like second first kisses on a beach. The finale actually unified the show instead of fragmenting it, by saying what it really wanted to say and reminding us why we fell in love with "Chuck" in the first place.

THIS is good storytelling. Giving the audience and the characters what they need, not what they expect. Making the characters truly earn their victories. Making us think. And the fact that we're spending paragraphs and paragraphs debating over this means that the writers have succeeded.

January 29, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Bill again, I could not have said it better myself. This ending killed the entire show (which we loved dearly) for my wife & I. Every time I watch a rerun of this show, it will always end with me saying "that was beautiful to bad Sarah doesn't remember any of it" A real bummer from a person who was prepared to go out and purchase every season on DVD but now will stop a 1&2. Give us our Happy Ending Fedak!!!

February 1, 2012 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Herschel

I enjoyed the show, although there's no way Chuck gets into my top 10 list of favorite shows or any where near it. I can certainly see why NBC moved the show to Fridays. I think people just lost interest in the show as it went on, it was as if the writers had run out of ideas and just reworked the same concepts albeit the relationship of the protagonist continued to evolve. Don't get me wrong I am not saying chuck was a horrible show, I enjoyed most of the shows that I watched but I don't know if I could go as far as to say I'll miss Chuck now that its over!

January 28, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Rock

We'll miss you, Chuck! A nice little, light-hearted getaway each week where the girl also gets to kick some tail!

Please learn to spell imbecile when you critique something, if you don't want to look like one yourself.

January 28, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Mark

I have to say it's really sad to see the show go away. I can't stand the fact that other shows like House keep rolling on with no particular reason at all. Anyway, the idea behind Chuck is amazing and by that I mean it's not something you usually come across on TV these days. The ending on the other hand is bittersweet indeed but that's why we LOVE CHUCK, because nothing is as in seems or as expected to be. Wish the cast, crew and writers all the very best. Last but not least thank you Chuck fans all over the world for giving us such a great show. It couldn't be done without you;

January 28, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Rich

5 Seasons and Movie.....Fingers crossed
    Why does NBC try to destroy good show like chuck and Community

January 28, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  31. Phil-Seattle

My wife and I have watched Chuck since episode 1 and to us, there is no better show on TV. Only dumbed-down reality shows that Carl and Jeff might understand and like and if Carl doesn' t confuse Stargate with Grimm or something. Chuck was a brilliant show with great writing, acting, concept, heart, and other than Quinn, great villains. It should be the measure of future action comedy shows and it will be sorely missed. I will say, the ending bothered me though and back when Morgan and Sarah had the Intersect, I expected Chuck to remember "The Governor" watch his dad gave him to keep his sanity. I guess that would have made it harder to end the show though. I hope there is at least a movie that give the fans who save the show what we really wanted for and ending.

January 28, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  32. shel

fare thee well Chuck cast and crew. Awesome last episode

January 28, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  33. Kiran

All I can say is that the season ended too soon
    they should have extended it for atleast 10 more episodes !
    I am sure that we can say we will all miss chuck !

January 28, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  34. Vince

Anyone that says Chuck is a show for embiciles has no creativity, imagination, or emotion. Whats the point of tv if every aspect of a show were believeable. Even reality tv is scripted and made unbelievable. Chuck covered just about every genre of television. It was definitely the best show on tv and with the state of tv shows these days, I'm definitely sad to see it go.

January 28, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  35. Steve

Why in the world do networks find it necessary to end great shows? Our whole family very much enjoyed our Friday and Monday nights with Chuck. There must be something about the 5 year mark, the same thing happened with Las Vegas!! Bring back chuck!! Very few honestly good shows on TV, and one just died!!

January 28, 2012 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  36. jeff

I agree with you carl. I think it was a show for embiciles and sciientologist.

January 28, 2012 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  37. carl

I am sooooo happy this show was finally cancelled. It was just so dumb. Noone can actually believe an embicile like chuck could really do all those rhings. The special effects were just so lame. Absolutely the most unrealistic stargate ever. Even te time portal looked like something a small child drew. Plus chuck being both a human and a droid just made no sense. I thinl it was the dumbest show ever.

January 28, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Fred

Really carl? give the show a chance. it was one of the most unique ideas i have ever seen on a TV show. It displayed a great mix of action, comedy, and the occasional drama. I'd give it a 9/10 just because i think the ending was missing what actually happened between sarah and chuck, but otherwise.. wow!

January 28, 2012 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Maisy

Ummm Carl. You shouldn't throw around a word like imbecile if you don't know how to spell it.

January 28, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maisy

Umm Carl. One more thing...time portal? Chuck wasn't a droid. I think you must have been thinking Smallville?

January 28, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ludwig G

To Mr. Stargate Carl

"....you gotta keep the flaws. Crappy effects, real puppets. That's what makes it so good, ya know?"
      Obviously not a real fan, don't diss the show. Might not have been your cup 'o tea but it was special to us.

January 28, 2012 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ayon

hahahahaha obvious troll is obvious

January 29, 2012 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
    • cecilia

Really? You must really love the Kardashians then.

January 29, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  38. kristian

hey im a huge fan of chuck loved from season 1 to the end and so upset that it has come to a close but anyway great way to end a show after 5 awesome seasons that will always be my favorite TV show

January 28, 2012 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  39. Ejay

Wow, Wow, Wow!
    What a show! This was my highlight of the week, I looked forward to watching this as an escape and wind down. Fantastic show. I wish the cast all the very best for the future. Just like Phil said in the above post, "I woke this morning feeling like I lost a long time friend.." so true!
    Thanks to NBC for giving this show from start to end unlike others that had a promising future but ended after a season or two.

January 28, 2012 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Vaval

I must voice my afiectfon for your kindness giving support to folks that absolutely need guidance on the concept. Your very own commitment to passing the solution along had become really insightful and have all the time allowed women much like me to attain their targets. Your own helpful guideline means so much a person like me and much more to my mates. Thanks a ton; from each one of us.

February 14, 2012 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  40. Nicolas

Definitely a great ending to Chuck, I really loved how it wasn't the typical "lived happily ever after" but instead it's sort of open to viewer interpretation whether or not Sarah got get memory back. What's for sure, however is that they end together, I mean if she recovers her memory, well then they just move on, and if she doesn't, I think Chuck could make her fall in love with him again.

January 28, 2012 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Bill

What is wrong with a "typical happy ending?" What is so wonderful with being left hanging about whether or not Sarah and Chuck get back together? I know ambigious endings are all the rage in Hollywood these days, but this was not the way to end this great series. Call me old fashion, but I would loved to have seen this show end with a flash forward to 2 years later. Chuck and Sarah are laying in each others arms in the front yard of their dream home watching their toddler son (named after Chuck's dad) play with the family dog. Then a fade away aerial shot as the Chuck theme song plays in the background. Maybe that's not very ambigious, but I have a feeling a lot of Chuck fans would have been quite happy with it.

January 28, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

I agree with everything Bill said WHAT IS WRONG WITH A HAPPY ENDING!!!! Great post Bill.

February 1, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yela

I agree with Bill. I loved how Chuck and Sarah's relationship's sequence or whatever. They met, became friends, fell in love, got engaged, got married, talked about houses and babies (I've seen lots of series where the people break up and make up a million times). But Chuck & Sarah are just the perfect couple and were perfect for each other from the start. It's really disappointing to destroy all that just as it was about to end.

If there were a Season 6, I would have loved Season 5's ending. But no. Chuck is over for good!!! The best show ever deserves the happiest ending ever. (Sob!)

March 1, 2012 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  41. Mark

Could you imagine what the numbers for chuck would have been if NBC had given the show a chance. Ever since the begining Chuck has been put against show like "House" and "How I meet your mother" or sent to the show grave yard of Friday night. How is it possible the people who decide what we watch on television actually don't watch television? This is my only conclusion for why shows are matched up the way they are and approved for new seasons or cancelled. I am sorry to see the best show on TV go, but thats what happens when you are on NBC.

January 28, 2012 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  42. Kat

PINEAPPLE!!! Cannot believe the show has come to an end?!?
    It has been an absolutely wonderful journey! The series, the last show, the cast, crew, etc. I am really thankful that the show stayed true to what it was meant to be, and to its loyal fans and sponsors (thank you, Subway). Already planning to keep the weekly Chuck date night with my husband by going back and re-watching the DVDs from the beginning.

January 28, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  43. Phil

Great end to an amazing show. Many thanks to the cast, crew, and writers for this journey called 'Chuck'. Also, thanks to NBC for giving us 5 seasons and to all the fans that fought for the last 4. I woke this morning feeling like I lost a long time friend..

January 28, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  44. Johnny Bravo

Definitely bittersweet ending. Really enjoyed the show from the first episode. Did seem to dip a little mid-life but I stayed loyal and am glad I did. Wishing all the actors the very best for continued prosperity and face-time!

January 28, 2012 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |