Will Ferris Bueller return in a Super Bowl ad?
January 27th, 2012

Will Ferris Bueller return in a Super Bowl ad?

If a circulating 10-second teaser clip is any indication, Ferris Bueller may show up at the Super Bowl.

The first hint is that Matthew Broderick - who starred in the 1986 John Hughes favorite "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" as the school-skipping teen - appears in the teaser clip saying a different, but recognizable line.

"How can I handle work on a day like today?" Broderick/Bueller asks as he flings open the curtains.

The only other hint we get, aside from the music, is a title card with the date of the Super Bowl, February 5.

The description on YouTube for the clip reads, "We hate to be such a tease, but on a day like today, we just have to. Stick it out until the Super Bowl, or take a 'day off' on Monday and catch the big reveal."

Coming Soon theorizes that it must be a commercial, but only time will tell which company it's for. Any guesses?

Updated at 11:48 a.m.: According to Jalopnik.com, the clip is teasing a Honda commercial that will air during the Super Bowl. Citing "a source familiar with Honda's operations," the website states that the advertisement will feature Hondas while mimicking the original film. "The big jump the two valets do in Cameron's dad's Ferrari? We hear this time it's going to be a Honda CR-V," the site writes.

Filed under: Celebrities • movies • television

« Previous entry
  1. Josh

January 20, 2009 hhaaha. i have a brit friend na ganyan din kaloko actually. pero hindi naman violent.

February 13, 2012 at 5:13 am | Report abuse |
  2. 8FINGERS

WINNING !

January 30, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. 8fingers

WINNIG !

January 30, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ER RN

Ill never understand people who get on here and post their rotten views that most likely go along with the rotten life they lead! Ferris Bueller's Day Off is an American classic, a movie that the whole family can watch, and, after almost 30 years, is still hilarious!

January 29, 2012 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sokman

My Jack Russell & Jack-Rat prefer 2 Fingers tequila & weed

January 28, 2012 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  6. serotap

Ferris is cool. It would be great if they're doing a sequel twenty some years later. Everyone thinks he's gay because of that movie he did in the 80's, Torchsong Trillogy. Lot's of actors have done a gay role. It doesn't make them gay. Not all artistic and theatrical people are gay...stupid stereotype.

January 27, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mike

Go patriots!

January 27, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Rob

Will they crash a Honda CR-V when Cameron knocks it off the jack in his Dad's garage, when trying to reverse the mileage?

January 27, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Red Pison

He should ride in on a horse...or his wife. Same difference.

January 27, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ick

That Ferris is a Wheel. A ferris wheel. get it? get it? : )

January 27, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Leucadia Bob

January 27, 2012 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Reilleyfam

My Jack Russell Terriers drink booze all the time. If I leave a drink unattended they will down it in seconds. They prefer White Russians, Lebowski Achievers that they are.

January 27, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Leon

I am sure it will bomb. Who wants to watch a spoiled brat work harder at getting out of work than going his job?Unless you are a (OWS person) I am assuming that would be the story line. Maybe that's it. He is playing a OWS person in the movie.

January 27, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lynda

I HAVE WAITED A LONG TIME TO HEAR THAT THERE WOULD BE A SEQUEL TO FERRIS BUEHLER. HOPE THIS IS WHAT FOLLOWS THE SUPER BOWL AD. I would love to see what the adult Ferris is up to. He is sweet and lovable and could con his way into having a good time. I think it would be pretty funny, and we haven't had a real funny quality movie in a very long time!

January 27, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Bob

It would be so sick ("good sick...") if they made a sequel to Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Ton's of possibilities with that.

January 27, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Joe

I'm sure the guy he killed in Ireland while he was driving drunk will welcome this news...

January 27, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • sharky

And that happened in 1987. He met with the family in 2003 for closure, to make amends. If they have forgiven Broderick, well then guess what time for you to move on as well.

January 27, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  16. TX4UREXKARLENE

At least The Packers are not playing :-)))) LOL

January 27, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Techno Viking

Does his mom finally close the deal with the Vermont people? If she does she'll finally have the money to buy Ferris his own car and he can stop bumming rides off Cameron

January 27, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Pete

Ferrari > CRV

January 27, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  19. myob

Me too! Ferris' Big Day at The Super Bowl – Go Giants!!! This is USA!!!

January 27, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Snarky

Oh yea, cuz this guy and that movie are still sooo relevant today.

January 27, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Icon Is As Icon Does

Yes, this movie IS still relevant. Do you know what "iconic" means? How about something simpler, like "classic"? The themes in FBDO are just as relevant today as they were when the movie first premiered. The acting will never get old. A lot of it was groundbreaking and changed movie making forever. It was one of the first films to remove the 4th wall and enable the character (Ferris) to talk directly to, and interact with, the audience. It was also the first film to include footage during the credits. Your snarkiness isn't appreciated – and only acts to prove your ignorance.

January 27, 2012 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Snarky

Actually, your being upset with me just proves my effectiveness as a troll. Nice try at scolding me though.

January 27, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

I never understood the psychology of a troll. Why would someone want to portray themselves as stupid, racist, ignorant, illiterate or any of the other pathetic things that an internet troll may want to appear as.

I am sure there is some kind of psychological need for attention or maybe covering for some character flaw or personal failure that one would wish to portray oneself in such a negative light. I know I wouldnt want people to think I was a horrible waste of flesh, but it seems to make some people happy...

January 27, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Snarky

What's not to get? It's fun to see people get worked up and bent out of shape literally over nothing. Particularly on here, it's a way to show that someone cares way too much about something that they shouldn't. Is it worth yelling at me because I dislike Ferris Bueller? No, but people sure feel compelled to do it if I make a few snarky comments.

January 27, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  21. InCO

Awesome! I'm only twenty-one, but I saw the movie when I was fourteen. Love Ferris and despondent Cameron too! I was thinking about skipping the Super Bowl viewing this year – I'm not really interested in a rematch of four years ago and I hate the cheating Patsies and Madonna too, but I'll be watching now, if only to see Ferris Bueller. Go Giants, hope you crush those dirty stinking Pats.

January 27, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Guest

Go to school you slacker,or Jeffery Jones is gonna touch your pee pee

January 27, 2012 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  23. Observer

He's a liberal stooge. I am sure he is promoting an abortion ad or something.

January 27, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Adam West

Really? I heard he was aborted himself but somehow survived. That poor guy. We should have a concert for him. BuellerAid!

January 27, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Kim H

You people are sick....pure and simple....I read stuff like this and want to vomit....Do you all have nothing to do but project your insecurities on an anonymous web site....Grow up and stop spreading trash....

January 27, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Tom

Go ahead and vomit. I do everytime I see a picture of his horsefaced wife! By the way this would tarnish how perfect the first one was. Please don't make another movie. Please!!!

January 27, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  25. ED

I forgot about him and John T dating. Time flies.

January 27, 2012 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  26. prudence

So what if he is a flamer? He has a nice lesbian wife. She has that scary withes horse face though. Sarah Jessica would turn any guy gay.

January 27, 2012 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  27. Marsha

I sure hope he performs Y M C A ! Remember years aho when him and John Travolta were an item? They even named the couple MATTJO. Glad he finally decided to do the fake marrige thing so people would forget he is gay.

January 27, 2012 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Russ

wow, really. Do you enjoy totally making up things just for the heck of it? Nice detail, though. You really do need to get a life.

January 27, 2012 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  28. adam

Sweet. An American iconic character.

January 27, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  29. pmn

Awesome ...I hope he does show up. Love it.

January 27, 2012 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  30. Richard

He was always such a tease.

January 27, 2012 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  31. mittens

I heard the same thing ! I herd he was in a bath house with about a dozen guys and got choked on all the hotdogs. Maybe this is his bodydouble they are talking about.

January 27, 2012 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  32. jeff

I thought he was dead. Didnt he catch the gay back in the 80s then later choke while gobbling on a weenie.

January 27, 2012 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
    • pmn

Herrre's your sign! He is married to famous actress Sarah Jessica Parker and they have children together. Catch up Jeff or are you stuck in 80s gossip.

January 27, 2012 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Haha

Seriously?! He has starred on Broadway and is married to Sarah Jessica Parker, as was said in another reply.

January 27, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • kenneth

Jeff is obviously engaging in wishful thinking...

January 27, 2012 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • PikeEye

Wouldn't being married to Sarah Jessica Parker classify him as a lover of horses.

January 27, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Adam West

Jeff, I got it. Obviously the other peeps are lost and seriously need a day off.

January 27, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  33. MadCityBabe

totally hilarious

January 27, 2012 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

There was talk, a while back, about a sequel. Ferris is a successful, yet stressed-out, businessman who needs to take another day off. He gets Cameron to join him. Could be fun.

January 27, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |