'Welcome Back, Kotter's' Robert Hegyes has died
January 27th, 2012

'Welcome Back, Kotter's' Robert Hegyes has died

Robert Hegyes, known for his role as Juan Epstein on the ‘70s sitcom “Welcome Back, Kotter,” died on Thursday. He was 60.

Hegyes was transported via ambulance from his home in Metuchen, New Jersey, Thursday morning, and was in full cardiac arrest by the time he reached the hospital, Steven Weiss, a spokesman for the JFK Medical Center in Edison, New Jersey, confirmed to CNN.

“He was pronounced dead shortly after he arrived there,” Weiss said.

Hegyes’ brother, Mark Hegyes, told The Star-Ledger that the actor had suffered a heart attack a couple of years ago and was not in good health.

The “Welcome Back, Kotter” cast reunited in April 2011 when they attended the 9th Annual TV Land Awards in New York City.

In addition to acting as John Travolta’s fellow Sweathog on “Kotter,” Hegyes starred as Det. Manny Esposito on “Cagney & Lacey” in the late 1980s.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. air jordan 4

Magnificent issues altogether, you simply received a new reader. What might you recommend in regards to your put up that you simply made a few days in the past? Any certain?

August 14, 2012 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  2. yoga hemma

Excellent weblog here! Additionally your site loads up fast! What web host are you the usage of? Can I am getting your affiliate link to your host? I desire my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

July 9, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mark

lol, when you have stuff written here by 20 somethings, they're gonna call 60 old. they don't realize how close they are to being 60 themselves.

February 16, 2012 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
  4. Strange Brew

Firstly...I'll never forget the episode where Juan gets a black eye from the Goody TwoShoes guy anad hides and stays away for days, and then shows up in Kottter's window and tells Kotter he can't look at him, but then relents and says "Ok you can look at me, but you have to have NO EXPRESSION on your face!"...The next 2 minutes were absolutely hilarious, and then touching, and really showed how well he played Juan.

Secondly, the whole argument about religion at the beginning of this...my only comment is that Juan Epstein didn't LIKE school, so wishing him an eternity in school is not so nice...eh?

February 1, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Signed Epstein's Mother

Epstein was always my favorite Sweathog. There was just something about him!
    My deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

January 30, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  6. mikrik13

You don't need a note from home on this one, Robert. RIP

January 29, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bhockey47

Welcome back,
    Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
    To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
    But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
    Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
    Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/

January 29, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Annie

I have that 45! (for those of you who are under 30, it's a small vinyl record...smaller than an album)

August 14, 2012 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bhockey47

So so sad...sorry Travolta has not made any public statement on 'Epsteins" passing...RIP Robert RIP

January 29, 2012 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  9. Terri

I pray for his family in this time i know how hard it is to have a family member go on to a better place just know that time helps but you will always remember the good times you and everyone that knew him had god bless. and thanks for the laughter on the shows.

January 29, 2012 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
  10. The Morgan La Fey

Reblogged this on themorganlafey and commented:
    Our wonderful Juan...

January 28, 2012 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  11. rabi

If you would like to know some information about make best your envirnoment then must visit http://www.tipsonenvironment.com/

January 28, 2012 at 3:32 am | Report abuse |
  12. rabi

If you would like to know some information about all things about entertainment then must visit http://www.tipsonentertainment.com/

January 28, 2012 at 3:29 am | Report abuse |
  13. rabi

If you would like to know some information about best fashoin whole world then must visit thsi websitehttp://www.tipsonfashion.com

January 28, 2012 at 3:26 am | Report abuse |
  14. rabi

If you would like to know some information about best tips on furniture and make ur house wonder full then must visit this sitehttp://www.tipsonfurniture.com/

January 28, 2012 at 3:14 am | Report abuse |
  15. rabi

If you would like to know some information about best tips on garden then must visit this site http://www.tipsongarden.com/

January 28, 2012 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
  16. rabi

If you would like to know some information about tips on hacking then must visit this site http://www.tipsonhacking.com/

January 28, 2012 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
  17. rabi

If you would like to know some information about best tips on menhealth then must visit http://www.tipsonmenhealth.com/

January 28, 2012 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
  18. rabi

If you would like to know some information about best tips on puzzle then must visit this sitehttp://www.tipsonpuzzles.com/

January 28, 2012 at 3:02 am | Report abuse |
  19. rabi

If you would like to know some information about tips on web hosting and increase ranking of your website then must visit http://www.tipsonwebhosting.com/

January 28, 2012 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  20. rabi

If you would like to know some information about best tips on woman health then must visit http://www.tipsonwomenhealth.com/

January 28, 2012 at 2:54 am | Report abuse |
  21. rabi

If you would like to know some information about tricks of webdigitle collection then must visit this site..http://www.webdigitalcollection.com/

January 28, 2012 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |
  22. rabi

If you would like to know some information about web tips on photography and become a excelent photographer then must visithttp://www.webtipsonphotography.com/

January 28, 2012 at 2:45 am | Report abuse |
  23. Sokman

Full cardiac arrest is as peaceful & painless of a death you can have?

January 28, 2012 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  24. mark

RIP

January 27, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  25. RENEE CULPEPPER

I WOULD LIKE TO SEND MY CONDOLENCE TO THE FAMILY OF JUAN MAY HE REST IN PEACE IN THE LORDS HANDS

January 27, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Sunny Murchison

RIP Epstein. What a wonderful character u are!

January 27, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Wilder Napalm

Robert I wish I could tell you the joy and laughter you brought in to my life as a young man watching "Kotter". I'm sure Heaven was playing "Welcome Back" as you walked through the Pearly Gates. God Bless your soul and our loss is Heavens gain.

Signed,
    Epstein's mom's fan

January 27, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Signed Epstein's Mother

Loved this guy & this show as a kid. Even had the goofy t-shirt. RIP, Buddy!

January 27, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Cateyes7

Dear God:
    Pease excuse Juan from ________________.
    Signed Epstein's Mom.

Loved this show as a kid. RIP Robert!

January 27, 2012 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Chris

Doesn't sound like he is going to get a note from " Epstiens Mom" getting him out of this one. RIP Juan

January 27, 2012 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  31. james

Its only recently i realized..im getting ooold. Everybody looks so weathered from those days. Time marches on RIP.

January 27, 2012 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  32. stan

"Mr. Kotter, I've got a note!" Really loved this show as a teen even though I wasn't even born when it started. Great shows never go out of style. Thanks for the memories. You will be missed Robert.

January 27, 2012 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Cindy

I met Bob several years ago at a B&B in Mammoth, CA. He did not look very healthy at that time but was up in the morning to hit the slopes with everybody else. Poor guy. 60 is much to young to die. RIP

January 27, 2012 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  34. marg

RIP Mr R. Hegyes aka Juan Epstien. My condolence to the family. LOVE THAT SHOW: WELCOME BACK KOTTER.

January 27, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  35. WhoKnewIt

"Juan Epstein" gave me quite a few laughs in the 70's...I loved that show. My sympathy to his family. They just don't make shows like that anymore.....

January 27, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Gary

Not that big a deal. Judging by his Puerto Rican fro, he was basically an African American.

January 27, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  37. lifesentence

Geez, if you want a clear view of just how much people suck, read the CNN article comments.....Anywho, back to the story at hand – This guy was a very funny actor, and 'Welcome back....' was truly a great show. It takes me back to a time when things were easy, hell, I was just a kid, and even so the economy and life in general was just way better. Thanks for the laughs & enjoy the playground in the sky, NOT the school! C'mon people, we are talking about heaven, right? Spark it up!

January 27, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  38. hockeyplr

I always thought back in his acting prime...If they were to ever make a movie about the Marx Brothers, he would be a perfect Chico. Thanks for the laughs Robert. A bit of my childhood has been taken away. LOVED Welcome Back Kotter. God Bless!

January 27, 2012 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  39. jmbrown

My condolences to and prayers for the family. He was a very entertaining actor who gave us TV fans a lot of good times. To the atheists who are all over any reference to God and the afterlife: Why do you fight so hard against someone you say doesn't exist? How quixotic! There are no atheists in hell...

January 27, 2012 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  40. FREEDOM

Yes hope you are having a blast in the sky school, I'm sure we'll all see you there eventually.

Thanks for all of the laughter you brought you guys truly had good spirit!

January 27, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Teresa Mendonca

They said he was a Puerto rican Jew. Mr. Kotter was my favoite, Give it to me later."

January 27, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  42. The Dude

I loved those 70s sitcoms like WBK. RIP Robert and thanks for the laughs.

January 27, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Gilligans Island

What happened to hotsie tottsie ?

January 27, 2012 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Brian

Oh oh oh, mr godder.

January 27, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  45. chip

I looked back at some shows on utube when Epstein's passing was announced. Boy, what good memories. I used to never miss it when I was growing up. I remember when kotter was fired or quit and the class stars came to his house to visit. Two came in through the window and when leaving they took his tv with them, epstein brought it back.

January 27, 2012 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  46. chip

welcome back kotter is a classic what a great 70's show. rip JUAN.

January 27, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Lizzy10

Dear Mr. Hegyes
    Thanks for so many laughs.
    Signed,
    Epstein's Fan

January 27, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Richard Fore

A Porto Rican guys dies and all of you suddenly feel bad about it? Hippocrits...

January 27, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Kev

I guess he won't be there for the reunion.

"Me, Juan Epstein, the flim-flam man of Buchanan High School, a legit excuse. What's the world comin' to?"

~Juan Epstein

January 27, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Phil n KC

One of the highlights in that show was always waiting to see what new excuse would be presented and signed Epstein's Mother. It was a great ensemble cast.

January 27, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Chang

"We Tease him alot, cuz we gott'em on the spot,...welcome back"....thanks for the laughs RIP

January 27, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  52. James Carbajal

Robert Hegyes I was told had a note that he took with him to the pearlie gates excusing him from strenuous Angel duties, signed Roberts mother aka Epstein. Everybody stop the petty back and forth bickering, Robert is gone from this earth, but not from our thoughts, lets remember the gentleman and actor as someone that brought laughter into our lives for the short time he was here, and remember that his comedy will live on, even past all of us, may you rest in peace Robert!!

January 27, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Note for Epstein

Dear Mr. Kotter,

Juan will not be in class today. He will be hanging out at the funeral home.

Signed,
    Epstein's undertaker

January 27, 2012 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Mrs Tyler

R.I.P I dont no why people some people are so rude and dont have feeling for the living or dead so much hate have taken over our nation.May God Bless his family.

January 27, 2012 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Jeanne

Little Juan, RIP...

January 27, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Jack Anderson

It was a good show and he was a good actor and I'm sure Travola will miss him as we all will. My condolensces to his family and all who loved him.

January 27, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • lroy

I think all the cast, including the incredibly busy Travolta, will miss him. Yeah, it would've been nice for a reunion special-the sweathogs 10 years later. But of course with Travolta's movie career (which is why he left the show in the first place), you couldn't possibly have it without him.

January 27, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Wisconsinite

Dear Mr. Kotter: Please excuse Robert (Juan Epstein) Hegyes from class today. He is hanging out with the Angels. Signed: Epstein's mother.

January 27, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Al

He is in Principal Lazuras's office right now

January 27, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  59. willie

Back then it seemed every class had one guy who would fake notes written by their parents to get out of class. Of course, Mr. Kotter always knew they were fake and didn't allow him to wiggle out of his school work. Nowadays a kid will get thrown out of school for being so creative.

January 27, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  60. PETENJ

He grew up in Fords,NJ which is central NJ about 45 minutes south of NYC. I knew some people who went to high school with him. They tell me he was funny in high school and generally a nice guy.
    He certainly died far too young.

January 27, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  61. w

I think every kid in high school back in the 1970's loved that show. I know I did. Why has it been hidden from us and not rerun after all these years? It showed how liberal ideas actually worked in society. Something that is taboo now. Thank you Mr. Hegyes for your fine work. You entertained us as well as educated us and will never be forgotten by my generation.

January 27, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Barbara

Rest In Peace. Sympathy to his family.

January 27, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  63. WoopWoop

When Hegyes was working as a theater instructor/director at Rowan University in New Jersey, my brother was in the orchestra of one of the musicals he directed. My brother said Hegyes was very nice, very professional and a joy to work with. RIP.

January 27, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  64. wisdomVS

Charlie in Maine: Your son gave the gift of laughter to many. He will be fondly remembered.

January 27, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  65. wisdomVS

justme: Because the good book tells us to. Besides, it can't hurt a thing.

January 27, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  66. justme

if he is in a happy place, why pray for him?

January 27, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Charlie in Maine

Dear God,

Please accept my son, Juan. in heaven, he made a lot of folk's lives better by providing laughter.

Sincerely Epstien's Mom.

January 27, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Woody

With so many bad things going on in the world it is nice to find people that can make us laugh and smile from time to time and it is sad when they die . Thanks to the parents who had such a child that made me smile when I watched the show and thanks to all that brought these people together in such an orderly manner that kept us laughing . This is a great loss but the show we call life must go on ! Thanks to all that made me laugh and smile in my lifetime for I shall never forget the gift you were given until I too am no longer . Thanks for giving me reason in my lifetime to look forward and back in my life at the good times we shared ! Even if it was by way of television .

January 27, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Bozo the Clown

I remember his big smile and laugh.

January 27, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  70. joseph

what was his latest film that i may buy in remembering him? waoh rest in peace!

January 27, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Nadine Brooks

Awww,Epstein will truly be missed.Welcome Back Kotter was one of my favorite shows I used to watch growing up as a kid.R.I.P. Epstien.

January 27, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  72. bobby

that was a funny show

January 27, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Teresa

I used to watch welcome back kotter. My condolences to his family.

January 27, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  74. anthony Fisher

sure enjoyed watching Epstein and the sweethoggs

January 27, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  75. m

RIP dude-that cast was histerical.

January 27, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Rose

Oh so sad, my condolences to the family,loved that show. I love when you see pictures of actors together who did shows we loved. It's ridiculous when some don't want to, because they say they were typecast and don't want to be connected. If old shows made people happy and a part of their lives, why diss the reunions just for a picture or whatever. This picture made me smile. :)

January 27, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Old Kotter Fan

The thing that always cracked me up about Epstein is that his father was Puerto Rican and his mother was Jewish, yet his last name was Epstein.

January 27, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Indy Jim

Very sorry to hear the news. Back when TV was a much smaller medium, most of us had no more than 5 or 6 channels, and great shows like this live on in our memories.

I had forgotten about all the notes from Epstein's mom, thanks for the laughs!

January 27, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  79. veronica

RIP Love that show

January 27, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  80. Quit The Hate

My husband and I went as Epstein and Mr. Kotter for Halloween a couple of years back. We won best costume b/c so many people said they had forgotten about that show and it really made them laugh. I have always wanted them to do a reunion show but now it would be pointless. I would have loved to see them all together again. Maybe should have sent a note from my mother ::)

January 27, 2012 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  81. ann west

I loved 💔that show , he was so funny😄

January 27, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  82. pmn

probably banned! Good riddance the person has no taste.

January 27, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  83. A Fan

Aww, he was my favorite sweathog. My condolences to his family.

January 27, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  84. David

Welcome back... your dreams were your ticket out.....
    Welcome back... to that same old place that you laughed about...

RIP Juan.

January 27, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  85. Karen Voyles

I met Robert during the taping of Welcome Back Kotter. He was a nice man and a great guy with a great sence of humor. He will be missed. R.I.P. My prayer go out to his family.

January 27, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  86. mamagrace

I grew up on this show. Thanks for the comedy. My condolence's to your family and friends. RIP

January 27, 2012 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  87. M. Reed

May your family be blessed and comforted by God at this tragic time in their lives. You gave us alot of laughs in your day and have left us with some outstanding memories. You will be missed!
    Signed
    Epstein's Mom :)

January 27, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  88. chavo

He was my hero in the70's.

January 27, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  89. kotter

Was he actually a Puerto Rican?

January 27, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Bob A. Boohee

Don't know but he was much more famous and a bettor actor than that Bollywood actor that died and the blog profiled about a month ago.

January 27, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Actually he was Hungarian-Italian.

January 27, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  90. kotter

Id horshack alive?

January 27, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  91. Eric

RIP Juan Epstein. I love the sweathogs.

January 27, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  92. the angry bros

brings back some great memories
    RIP epstein
    im willing to bet you got a helluva excuse note to bring to st peter

January 27, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  93. sadAgain

Boom Boom Washington = HERE..Horshack =HERE..Barbarino = HERE..Juan Epstein ...?..Juan Epstein !!......Dang !! only a note on his table ?

January 27, 2012 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  94. MrBob

i was a wee lil one back then and so I only saw on Nick@nite some times. I remember the theme song: Welcome back... welcome back...welcome back..

Which one was the school teacher?

January 27, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Mojo_Rising

Gabe Kaplan...second person in from the right side of the picture.

January 27, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • lroy

I was a smart-mouth teen (we ALL were in those days). Watched the show once Boston lifted the ban.

January 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Eddie O.

Some of the best comedy on TV... Can't believe he was 60... I was a kid when it was on air.... Damn, I'm getting old!!!!

January 27, 2012 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  96. Snickers

It is always sad to hear of one these celebrity's passing. Loved Epstein and I bless his family. Life moves way to fast. RIP

January 27, 2012 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  97. f4nboyynick

Wonder if the death certificate was signed by Juan Epstein's mother.

January 27, 2012 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  98. .•|•.

I forgot all about that show. That's too bad, I feel sorry for his family & friends. RIP.

January 27, 2012 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  99. Quid Malmborg in Plano TX

Dear Mr. Kotter,

Please excuse my son Juan from class for the remainder of the semester. He died of a heart attack yesterday.

Signed,

Epstein's Mother

January 27, 2012 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Quagmire

In the words of Eddie Murphy, "Ha ha. Very funny, mother f****r!"

January 27, 2012 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Jerome Horowitz

I don't know what was more disrespectful – that joke, or that I laughed out loud at it.

January 27, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • jps

Well, I think Hegyes would laugh. He's probably laughing wherever he is.

January 27, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  100. RIPEpstein

Mr. Kotta.........Mr. Kotta! I gotta NOTE! R.I.P. You were a talented gentleman!

January 27, 2012 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  101. Thomas

Wow... he looked awful. Kaplan didn't look great, either...

January 27, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • hateryouare

Why say something mean? The man passed away. Go away please!

January 27, 2012 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • guest

NO, he looked great!

January 27, 2012 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Ted

Hey thomas, Kaplan is nearly 70 years old, how did you expect him to look. He's still very active, and is considered a fairly elite poker player, as he has won well over a million dollars playing and has won or finished near the top of many high profile tournaments. He also still works, stand up and several other projects. You should be so lucky to look that good and have that kind of mental acuity at nearly 70 years of age.

January 27, 2012 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Snickers

How shallow and disrespectful. The man was sick, and he was a real cutie in his day.

January 27, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Greg

Really, what an ignorant thing to say. Hegyes was obviously very ill, I'm sure your opinion of his appearance was not a big consideration. Unless you are immune to aging and illness, you'll experience the same thing someday. You probably won't get the attention Hegyes and Kaplan get, but hopefully there will be some snot nosed kid around to tell you how bad you look.

January 27, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Jerome Horowitz

I think the smile on his face and the sparkle in his eyes look wonderful.

January 27, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • lroy

Although, I didn't think it was that serious, to me he didn't look well. Call it maternal instincts, a female can ALWAYS tell when someone is sick. I though Horshack would be first.

January 27, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Yvgeny

That pic is amazing. The difference between the cast members. If you had to pic the one who's dead, it's an easy choice. RIP dude, and readers "STOP OVEREATING", "GET SOME Xercise"

January 27, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Mikeyb

It must be nice to be so perfect! /get a life you A**hole!!!

January 27, 2012 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
    • There is a God

Karma gonna get you brother, healthy or not you will die a bad death.

January 27, 2012 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Me

Thank you for your input. If only more people could share their wisdom in such a compassionate way.

January 27, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wils

What everyone else said, and learn to spell.

January 27, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  103. texans3four

One of my buddies had what we called the 'Epstien Hair' in high school back in the mid-70's. RIP

January 27, 2012 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  104. NickZadick

I loved Welcome back Kotter! It showed me a world I didn't know... living in Quebec. RIP!

January 27, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  105. Billy

Up your nose with a rubber hose!

Off my case toilet face!

January 27, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  106. David

RIP

Signed,
    Epstein's Mom

January 27, 2012 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  107. Barb

I enjoyed his acting in both "Welcome Back, Kotter" and "Cagney and Lacey." My condolences to his family. Rest in peace, Robert.

January 27, 2012 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  108. TRUDY

Poor Ol Guy. Hes now in that happy school up in the sky. We pray for him and his family.

January 27, 2012 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
    • justme

trudy? why pray for someone in a happy school?

January 27, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Davidloc

Up in the sky in a happy school??? What were you taught as a child you poor thing !! The gentlemen has died a hopefully peaceful death and is no more except in films and memories. I was fan of his and hope his death was as painless as possible and certainly don't wish that he would now float around in this school that you speak of. You should seek a mental health professional to help you sort out this confusion and to help you realize that life is much more dignified than you were told it is.

January 27, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cobra6

Davidloc, you're exactly the kind of lecturing killjoy that gives atheists a bad name. TRUDY made an innocuous comment about a happy school in the sky, and you started harrumphing and wagging your finger. Do you also go around ripping the beard off Santa at the mall to show kids he isn't real, too? Give it a break.

January 27, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • CaEd

old??

60 is not old (unless you are a child of 20or 30's).
      Wait till you get there, hopefully. You'll see.

January 27, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dr. Jay

I to hope he is happy in school in sky. I once as a young man was in this happy school in the sky. It was unlike other schools because it was in the sky.

January 27, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marky

What is it about atheists that makes them want to ridicule everyone else, be as rude as they can possibly be, and to make certain everyone KNOWS nothing religious in any way is okay. Get over yourselves and shut up! It doesn't make you look more intelligent and all-knowing; it makes you appear arrogant, rude, and hateful. What are you doing? Sitting at your computer and just waiting for someone to say something about God, or even the "sky", so you can pounce all over them all day long? Get a life! Maybe in the desert somewhere.......

January 27, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • good god

Poor Davidloc, she did not mean that literally. Lay off the ludes..

January 27, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ian

Not sure what is worse. That folks have to make everything about their selfish views on life and religion, or that they use a innocent article about an actors death to do it. She made an innocent comment about a happy school in the sky in regards to his acting being done in the background of a school. That was it. You people need to step off the soapboxes for a second. ITs a shame people cant just read the articly for what it is without injecting their own personal crap.

January 27, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Quantum physics ;)

David, you have a loc-ked mind...and want everyone else to be in that same isolated state.

January 27, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • P Panke

Happy school in the sky – I believe it's called humour, people.

January 27, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Really!!???

Davloc.... CHILL OUT.. Trudy was just referring to the "role" people will remember him playing. Maybe it's YOU that needs to just get off your high horse about this guy and just smile.

January 27, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • lroy

Just is right. People in heaven don't need our prayers because they're already saved, and people in hell don't need our prayers because they are hopelessly lost. It's the rest of us poor souls who need prayer.

January 27, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Disbeliever

Davidloc, you are the type of person that makes me embarassed to call myself an Atheist. Intolerant and negative. You make the rest of us look bad. If my outlook was as combative as yours, I'd really consider professional help.

January 27, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • porkchop

I was happy in school. It wasn't in the sky, but i was certainly high!

January 27, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • lroy

I'm almost 50 and if 60 is old, what the blazes am I?

January 27, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • stu

60 is NOT old. Tat pic from TV Land is NOT flattering to him or Gabe.

January 27, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • ya no

david: I'm an agnostic, and I see nothing the least bit constructive in criticizing either the religious, agnostics or atheists. Maybe you could enlighten me by listing one advantage of this sort of malevolence.

January 27, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • JustJim

Trudy, wish for all A+ grades, no bullies and all nice teachers. One last thing, school only last for one week and then 'endless summers'.
      Davidloc, all you heathens are the cut from the same jib. You believe in nothing and have to insult anyone who is not of your religion. You are what, 13 years old?
      Dr. J, a bit of pithy uncalled for humor?
      Marky, Over the years I have come to realize that most, if not all the atheists, love to insult people who have God in their lives. It makes them feel more human than they actually are. They are not going to get many converts to their religion by insulting so many people. Just ignore them like you would a bad foul odor in the classroom.
      Iroy, at 50 you are still a young'un. I say 'Dam, he died so young'.
      Stu, that pix of Gabe makes him look like one of the furniture salesmen on Eggleston Ave, in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio.

January 27, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ed Sr of Dallas Tx

Trudy....that was a very kind and a nice gesture...he probably is in heaven. but those two UNDIGNIFIED guys, justme and davidloc who criticized your comment, owe you an apology....they simply have no class. You are a good person, Trudy!

January 27, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa C

@JustJim
      I am an Atheist and I never put down anyone for what they believe. However, you on the other hand are judging people for what they do or do not believe. Heathens? All cut from the same jib? Wow, I can say the same thing, what are you? 13 years old? There are good and bad people in all beliefs. The one's who judge others to me are the ones so intolerant of anyone but one's who believe such as they do that anyone else is lumped into one ball of hated people.
      ........and to everyone else, if you want to pray, do so! If you don't want to, thats fine! But please respect others belief or non-belief if you expect them to respect yours!

January 27, 2012 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Epstein's Mother

Please excuse Juan for being late to class. Rigor mortis slowed him up a bit this morning.

Signed, "Epstein's Mother."

January 27, 2012 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim in Georgia

Wait a second... Can Epstien's mother still sign excuses for him?

January 27, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Zaphod

I'm not a heathen, I'm an apostate.

My heart goes out to his friends and family. His fans will help remember him.

January 27, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • farmerjeani

Ignore them Trudy. To you other guys, why are you being so mean to some one who was obviously a fan and cares about this family's feelings? Shame on you.

January 27, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • FactChecker

TRUDY - Sorry such a nice sentiment has been over-analysed so much here. I liked it. Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you.

January 27, 2012 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • peter

what good will a prayer do for this man after he is dead?

January 28, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |