The tech approach to dating on 'Big Bang Theory'
January 27th, 2012

The tech approach to dating on 'Big Bang Theory'

Not bad for a few nerds.

Before I get to Thursday's recap, I'd like to note, "The Big Bang Theory" beat "American Idol" head-to-head from 8 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., in the all-important 18-49 demographic.

The Leonard and Penny story arc certainly seems to be attracting viewers. And this time, it wasn't a dream.

Leonard tried out his theory of treating dating like a beta test, but their "bug reports" for each other obviously didn't help the relationship (they also argued over Penny's knowledge of the term "beta test").

A "Doctor Who" watching date didn't work out either (no Who-Con for you, Penny!), but the shooting range was more Penny's speed – until Leonard got shot.

So far, so good for "Lenny," but I think they have a long road ahead of them.

I was thoroughly entertained by Sheldon and Amy's flag podcast, and Raj's misadventures with his new girlfriend, Siri (and the fact that he froze up in front of the "real" Siri. (Also, loved Amy's constant defense of the – in her mind – flawless Penny.)

What were your favorite moments? Are you pulling for "Lenny" to work out? Share your view on iReport or comment below.

Filed under: Big Bang Theory • television • TV recaps

1. AGuest9

Meh. I have friends who can't believe I don't watch it. Give me old Doctor Who's and Monty Python's, any day.

February 11, 2012 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. @sokman

n u say ur not a troll.

January 29, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. The Morgan La Fey

Reblogged this on themorganlafey and commented:
    (Knock, knock, knock) Penny... (Knock, knock, knock) Penny... (Knock, knock, knock) Penny..

January 28, 2012 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. PlayCracktheSky

If you only watch with the volume down to jerk it too Kaley then how do you know Jim Parsons is funny? anyways, I love this show. I find it hilarious and it always makes me laugh. I'm hoping Leonard and Penny work out. I liked them together in season three.

January 28, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Rock Strongo

Jim Parsons is funny, and Kaley is the most unbelievably smoking ass, balls out, full on 100% BEAUTIFUL girl i have ever seen! That's the best part of the show. I watch it with the volume turned off, just to gaze upon her flawless face. Thats it and thats all

January 28, 2012 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
  6. Sokman

Wish I had a hot alcoholic wh0re living across the hall from me, or do stepdaughters count?

January 27, 2012 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Lemer

Wow, I thought you were supposed to use this space to comment on the article. I'm just going to say I enjoy BBT as what it is - a fun sitcom. And I love the return of Lenny!

January 27, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mr. Ed

I'm not Richard Fore. Richard Fore is Richard Fore. Just so you fxxking as-sholes know!

January 27, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Richard Fore

Hey, brah! I am calm! I'm just kidding with the nerd. I guess MY humor is too high brow for y'all here too.

January 27, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. murpis

Hey Dick Fore.... take a deep breath and CALM DOWN. You'll feel better, I promise. I think the show is hilarious and I'm not book-smart at all. I don't think you have to be smart or a nerd to think its funny. Either you like it or you don't. Who really cares? Not everyone has to like it.

January 27, 2012 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  11. @Mr. Ed

I'm the real Mr. Ed.

January 27, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. @Mr. Ed

Because everyone knows you're not the real Mr. Ed u fxxking loser! Now did I get it right?

January 27, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mr. Ed

Notice how he can't answer the question? He don't know how to laugh... Like we are all laughing at him!

January 27, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Richard Fore

No, A WINNER IS YOU!

January 27, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yea...

Calm down dude. I just have a differing opinon. You don't have to throw a tantrum about it.

January 27, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Yea...

I bet impersonating me makes you feel like a winner Richard. How cute.

January 27, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Yea...

Gilligan's Island

January 27, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  17. SB

I completely understand why Yea ... doesn't thing the show is funny, he simply doesn't GET the jokes. It's one of the few shows on TV that is laugh-out-loud funny. Cracks me up every week.

January 27, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • lisi28

I think this show is hilarious and a laugh track is horrible idea. Let the work speak for itself... if you just don't get, you don't get it. But something must be working since it beat out American Idol. This show isn't for everyone... what show do you consider is funny Yea...?

January 27, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Richard Fore

HA! Butt-hurt looser has no comeback!

January 27, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yea...

Yea... wow. Ok, first off, you're calling me a nerd when clearly you're the one who watches this unfunny show designed for nerds? Nice logic. Second off, you seem to know a lot about cartoons for someone who tries to insult someone else by suggesting they watch cartoons. At the end of the day, comedies with laugh tracks just aren't high brow. They just aren't. Know what the laugh track is there for? It's so you can recognize the jokes. This is something that is typically done when the jokes aren't funny. Live with it.

January 27, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard Fore

HAHAHAHA! Why U so mad? Nerds on the show are getting chicks and you're not! U Jelly?

January 27, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yea...

Not I. You're the one typing in caps.

January 27, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Ed

Oh yeah, he MAD!

January 27, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rod in Texas

Sorry Yea...., you are all alone on this one. This show is probably the funniest thing on TV these days.

January 27, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yea...

I guess I am alone, as opposed to the whopping 4 people who have stated they like this show here :P.

January 27, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Richard Fore

...and you know what? I see your point. Even Spongebob is too high-brow for you. You seem more of an Ed, Edd and Eddie type.

January 27, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Richard Fore

I didn't say it was too high-brow for the fans, I said it was too high-brow for YOU. Wassamatter? Are you offended it isn't a realistic representation of (your) nerd life-style? After all, the nerds on THAT show are all getting girlfriends. You? Not so much...

January 27, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Yea...

January 27, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Yea...
      "Yea, I bet this show's fans would love to think that this show is "high-brow" but it's the farthest thing from it. It's just a show about "nerdy" guys who straight ARE NOT funny."

@Yea – That is the entire premise of the show; nerdy guys who aren't funny. And the fact that you don't get that it's funny, makes it too high brow.

January 29, 2012 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  22. Richard Fore

Too high-brow for you, huh? Maybe Spongebob is more your speed?

January 27, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Yea...

This is one of those shows that would be hard to identify as a comedy without the laugh track. Probably the least funny network comedy I've ever seen.

January 27, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |